PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews mentions Ron Paul on Hardball

dw1345
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I just happen to turn on the tv to Hardball w/ Chris Matthews and what do you know? He's talking about Ron Paul. It all seems to be going well until Chris Matthews opens his mouth. "Presidential candidate...ahem... former presidential candidate Ron Paul and his supporters are secretly plotting to cause a stir at the GOP convention." Former?? I thought he was still running? :mad:

Leroy_Jenkems
05-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Y'know, this is really starting to piss me off, for some reason. Everyone in the media is calling it a secret - it ain't a secret once people know about it, and now it's seeing MSM coverage. They treat it like some sinister conspiracy by RP supporters. No one's breaking any rules.

satchelmcqueen
05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Y'know, this is really starting to piss me off, for some reason. Everyone in the media is calling it a secret - it ain't a secret once people know about it, and now it's seeing MSM coverage. They treat it like some sinister conspiracy by RP supporters. No one's breaking any rules.

The GOP backing McCain is breaking rules left and right. Just shows whos side the MSM is on. Break the rules and support McCain and nothing is said,....support Paul and follow the rules, and you are the bad guy.:mad::mad:

Alex Libman
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
YouTube?

Bruno
05-12-2008, 08:45 PM

I agree it makes me mad, too, but at the same time, they are talking about him, how McCain is losing support, and how Paul has supporters that are die hards and using the rules to their advantage.

Overall, this has a good net benefit, imho.

Crickett
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree it makes me mad, too, but at the same time, they are talking about him, how McCain is losing support, and how Paul has supporters that are die hards and using the rules to their advantage.

Not to me..they are making it sound like we are on a mission to disrupt, to insurge, to destroy or "take over". They are making US sound like terrorists now..it is HORRID.

We are trying to reclaim, and love, and nurture our young country. The status quo is the only thing that must be viewed with clear eyes and hearts.

RSLudlum
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Secret? :rolleyes:

Like RP is a secret? Like the Constitution is a secret?

Of course it is a secret if the MSM doesn't validate it as 'important information' :mad:

Leroy_Jenkems
05-13-2008, 10:26 AM

I think they're painting us (RP supporters) in infamy, not fame. Calling us "insurgents" harkens a reference to anti-American thugs like al-Qaida, in the post-9/11 reference of the word. That we're out to disrupt "democracy" by overthrowing the peaceful procession of a bunch of McWar lemmings.

It may or may not matter that the MSM is covering this now, can't stop it anyway, but they just have to used these emotional "trigger words" to label us as against the herd. Fuck 'em.

CapitalistRadical
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
It's impossible to picture any of these stooges supporting the Colonists against the Crown. They have no right to the legacy of those bold men.

Bern
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, I guess if you use the words "secret plan" instead of "conspiracy" folks won't think it's a "kooky" report.

LittleLightShining
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
My mom just called me to find out if I'm part of the "Ron Paul Revolt" that she saw on Fox news this morning. I asked her what that meant and she said that from what she gathered the Ron Paul supporters were going to make a big statement at the convention about how unfair the primaries have been. I'm not sure what show it was on but it was the first I had heard about any kind of "revolt" until I looked and found this article (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/05/12/report_ron_paul_to_lead_convention_mutiny/6488/):

Report: Ron Paul to lead convention mutiny

Published: May 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Print story
Email to a friend
Font size:
WASHINGTON, May 12 (UPI) -- Maverick Republican Rep.Ron Paul is said to be working quietly on making the party's national convention less than smooth for presumptive nominee John McCain.

The Los Angeles Times reported on its political blog Monday that "an embarrassing public revolt" is in the works by the Texas congressman's camp and its allies, who don't see McCain as being conservative enough.

"They hope to demonstrate their disagreements with McCain vocally at the convention through platform fights and an attempt to get Paul a prominent speaking slot," the Times said.

The Times noted that even after Arizona senator had the nomination locked up, sizable numbers of Republicans were casting primary votes for Paul and conservatives Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney who had long ago dropped out of the race.

A lingering question is whether those voters will pitch in with McCain in November or continue to withhold support in protest and rally around Paul.

A lingering question? They have no idea who they're talking about, apparently.

CapitalistRadical
05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Right, we'll be the ones wearing black bandannas and throwing chairs through Starbucks windows. Puke.

Conza88
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
They are PREPPING the populace!
Telling them to expect us to make a statement.. albeit the GOP is a fucken disgrace and an excuse for a party, run by Nazi's!

People will cheer, as people get tasered for speaking out. The new reports of revolt, as they said we would :rolleyes: allow for them to blow up. Fack em.

</Disclaimer: Poster is prone to initial outbursts of probably offensive language. Generally once anger has subsided, OP edits accordingly.>

spudea
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
yes and all Ron Paul supporters are in luv with Guy Fawkes and are terrorists because we donated on Nov 5th

MSM are the soure of untruth