PDA

View Full Version : DIGG-Reddit-RP's Loyalty to the Republican Party

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
h ttp://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_continues_to_Cling_to_the_Republican_Part y

http://reddit.com/r/politics/info/6j4bd/comments/

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
///
The Republican Party in the United States is a cavernous tomb filled with apathetic votes which are a product of our increasingly apolitical society. Does Ron Paul want to make his statement in the battle for a tomb?

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
who here is for RP continuing down the Republican path and who would like to see him take a different direction?

-lotus-
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
who here is for RP continuing down the Republican path and who would like to see him take a different direction?

stay the course. to change parties now would undo everything we've accomplished so far.

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
stay the course. to change parties now would undo everything we've accomplished so far.
I have to disagree, I think staying the course, we lower the bar of the eventual goal. What is the goal of the path we're on, not victory.

-lotus-
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I have to disagree, I think staying the course, we lower the bar of the eventual goal. What is the goal of the path we're on, not victory.

if you truly believe that, then you havent been paying attention. 'Victory' no longer entails Ron Paul winning the election. He's even said that, not in so many words but for the most part even he believes that the best thing that could happen is for his supporters to take things into their own hands and run for office and reclaim our country, a peaceful revolution. To ignore that no only puts us on course down the road for a violent revolution, which by that time, may come too late.

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I just think that leaving the Republican party would give him and his message a much larger audience.

ARealConservative
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM

the vast majority of us are.

There are a few left overs that do nothing but try to belittle our efforts, but those of us still here are trying to take over a major party - and it takes time.

kigol
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
:cool:

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
the vast majority of us are.

There are a few left overs that do nothing but try to belittle our efforts, but those of us still here are trying to take over a major party - and it takes time.

Do you think we have that kind of time?

ARealConservative
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Do you think we have that kind of time?

I think your proposed short cut was mapped out by an insane person.

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I think your proposed short cut was mapped out by an insane person.
I'm not proposing a short cut, just anything but chasing the delusional hope of ever being excepted by the GOP.

hawaiisb
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm not proposing a short cut, just anything but chasing the delusional hope of ever being excepted by the GOP.

We ARE the GOP. The media just refuses to accept us and those in power in the GOP are shunning us. I think currently our best course is to stay in the GOP and maybe in the future people like McCain will be forced to run as Democrats and the GOP will be a place where RP Republicans, Libertarians, and Constitutionalists can freely be. I like the idea of having a big tent.

Chomsky
05-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I just think unless Ron Paul takes it all the way in the Republican Party this election cycle, which of course he has no chance of doing, then this movement becomes a victim of circumstance in the next four years if it sticks with the Republican Party fight. If we would start to build our own coalition then we could simply set our own agenda and react to world events and at the same time minimize the distraction of internal politics.