PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Freedom Festival - On the Move - Update

kittyc
05-12-2008, 12:04 PM
FREEDOM FESTIVAL UPDATE
July 2 - 6, 2008
Lamphere Ranch Campgrounds
Sturgis, S.D.

Several things have happened in the past few days, first we found that Buffalo Chip Camp ground has invited none other than the infamous John McCain to speak at the camp and obviously support his bid for President. We Do NOT. With this information, plus we already had reservations about the camp ground use then we got more news from Buffalo Chip owner Rod Woodruff, we would need an additional exorbatant amount of insurance to cover the Festival, ( not in the contract) plus more and more little add ons like gate fees and additional fees passed on to the guests. This is not what the original contract stated. We therefore decided to not use this facility as there were many instances of references to the Ron Paul Revolution being somewhat nefarious? We as you all know are peaceful revolutionaries and have never had a reputation for being aggressive or using illegal means to gain attention. We have the feeling that some group or persons have been in contact with Mr. Woodruff and has been telling tales out of school in an effort to discredit our Festival, for what reason I have no clue, yet there are too many instances of little phrases used that tell me there is a real effort to make us give up due to extra costs. This won't happen.

I have noticed that the Revolution March has taken our lead and is trying to organize work shops much like what we have put together plus entertainment and more of a festival type of venture other than just a march on Washington which it all started out to be. I sincerely wish them well as I have always said that immitation is a real form of flattery and anything that is done to bring more awareness to people is a good thing. I just hope they have taken into consideration the cost of staying in the DC area for a 4 day week end is extremely high plus the Congress and Senate leave Washington on Friday and return on Tuesday which means that not one of the politicians that need to see this event will be in the area at the time of the March or now as it is being promoted a Convention. I saw on one list that the cost of a Ronvoy Bus was estimated at $10,000.00 for 50 people? I don't know where the figures came from but it surely was not Greyhound as the daily fees for a bus from them averaged at $1,200.00 for 57 people per bus per day. I really hope this does not turn into a money making event with dedicated Ron Paul supporters again paying the bills.

We had made preparations for another Camp just in case Buffalo Chip fell through, we went and made the arrangements with Bear Butte and they also had added on some extras thinking they were our last chance? Not so.. Again with planning ahead Michelle had already made contacts with others in the area and found one that is willing and able to hold our Festival without all the extras and at a minimal cost to the people attending. A beautiful Ranch with lots of shade trees, big buildings for inside vendors and workshops, even the kitchen will be at our disposal so meals will not be a problem for thousands of folks. We will be serving our own food at a cost that is as low as we can make it, not a profit making event, and everyone can help out as well as get good food at a very reasonable price. We are not out to make a profit but to promote the Constitution and our rights as citizens, teaching everyone how to go about this in a legal manner. The workshops will help everyone learn how to keep their family fed, safe and healthy in times of unrest which are coming. The best part is we will be having fun while learning and teaching.

This is a family affair, the kids are welcome to be kids, play and have their own workshops, learn how to make and fly kites, games, contests and lots of prizes for them to win and enjoy. Remember the old days? Three legged races? running with a egg in a spoon? Tug of War? Hop Scotch? Jump Rope? Horse Shoes? Lawn Tennis? Croqette? Lets get back to the good times where kids and parents were in tune and having fun together. It will do us all good to be a little silly for a change, there are too many really serious dangers we all worry about daily and we need to all relax, have fun and be with others who share the same thoughts.

On the Agenda:

Work Shops:

Run your car on water?

Food preservation and storage.

Gun safety and Reloading Ammo.

Delegate Training by Carol Jones

Learning the Constitution

Get off the Grid

Common Sense Family Survival

Speakers:

( New speakers being confirmed daily)

Penny Langford Freeman ( speaking on the Hilarious events during her years as Campaign Director for Ron Paul)

Jack McLamb

Carl Two Feathers Whitaker

Ernest Hancock (Father of the R3volution)

Russell Means (Elder of the Lakota Nation)

Ron Paul

Bill Stegmeier

Jack Blood

Doreen Hannes

Tom Cryer

Melinda Pillsbury Foster

Mark Holmes

Micheal Badnarik

Charlie Sheen

Chuck Baldwin

Pastor Romo

Devvy Kidd

Ted Gunderson

( Candidates for Congress and the Senate are being contacted this week many have already expressed interest in speaking)

Entertainment:

Steve Dore has a new song to use as our theme song. It will be coming out soon.

Poker Face

Will to Power

Empty Slate

Simons Dreams

Many more to come.

We need help in making this a wonderful Summer Vacation. If you have given to this we thank you and if you have not please consider doing so now. We do not use the funds for our own use but every dime goes into making this a bigger and better event for everyone.

REMEMBER WE HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCMENT TO MAKE THAT YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS:

THIS WILL ALTER THIS WHOLE COUNTRY AND THE WAY OUR STATES ARE DEALING WITH THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS WE LOSE EVERY DAY.

Don't forget to get your Cow Patty Bingo ticket. You do not need to be present to win.

See the website and make your reservations now to assure you have a space in this event. Michelle is our organizer which is taking the reservations and fees, not the Camp. This way we know that no additional fees are being charged to you and your family.

www.grannywarriors.com .... www.revolution4freedom.com

Many of you do not use Paypal so you can still mail in your donation to:

Granny Warriors, 27 Beaton Path, Leicester, NC, 28748

828-683-2009

Again Thank you so much for the support you have shown in the past and for your continued support of the Revolution.

Aratus
05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
do pardon my mid-morning bump...!!!
mcCain + thah "W" have this manure-chip pull?
this indeedy give the stuff in this forum area
an added spin most retro, methinks!

robmpreston
05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
This post brought to you by a group of old women who think they are the most important part of this movement.

Aratus
05-13-2008, 12:06 PM
you young perceptive wiiiippppppper-snapper... ferrr sure ferrrr shhhhure and of course dern tootin' we indeedy tweedy do!!!!

Danke
05-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Have these speakers been confirmed?