PDA

View Full Version : Carly Fiorina on Stephanopoulous yesterday

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Did anyone hear her completely?

I could have sworn I heard her say something about McCain focusing on winning elections and not worrying about unifying the party at convention.

I KNOW I heard her say "well, the delegates will do whatever the delegates will do." in response to something around McCain following the party platform adopted at Convention.

Today, I read in the Wall Street Journal that McCain is courting Democrats and "independents" on enviornmental policy.

Where the f__k is McCain courting CONSERVATIVES?

Why is the GOP committing political suicide?

mczerone
05-12-2008, 10:02 AM
A) He and the GOP Loyalists actually think the winning strategy is to win opponents' votes, instead of expanding and motivating his own base.

B) The GOP must have some idea that they have no chance at the White House, and are possibly doing any number of long-term strategic moves, for reasons we can only imagine.

Money and Power are usually good reasons. Like the power of having the two-party system controlled by one small group with no policy distinctions and more than enough money already.

Bruno
05-12-2008, 10:04 AM
A) He and the GOP Loyalists actually think the winning strategy is to win opponents' votes, instead of expanding and motivating his own base.

B) The GOP must have some idea that they have no chance at the White House, and are possibly doing any number of long-term strategic moves, for reasons we can only imagine.

Money and Power are usually good reasons. Like the power of having the two-party system controlled by one small group with no policy distinctions and more than enough money already.

+1

mczerone
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
And yes, I've heard similar sentiments from the McCain camp: "We've got enough of the base, we're focusing on the Democratic Issues to try to come off as MORE Democrat than either Obama or Clinton to win thier votes."

It assumes (probably correctly) that the "seasoned" Republican voters won't care who is under the "R" on the ballot, they'll keep the 'terrorists' out of their white bread towns and God at the head of the Courts, regardless of McCain's words, actions or ideals.

lynnf
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM

I could have sworn I heard her say something about McCain focusing on winning elections and not worrying about unifying the party at convention.

I KNOW I heard her say "well, the delegates will do whatever the delegates will do." in response to something around McCain following the party platform adopted at Convention.

Today, I read in the Wall Street Journal that McCain is courting Democrats and "independents" on enviornmental policy.

they think they don't have to court conservatives because they think they have nowhere else to go!

lynn

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
And yes, I've heard similar sentiments from the McCain camp: "We've got enough of the base, we're focusing on the Democratic Issues to try to come off as MORE Democrat than either Obama or Clinton to win thier votes."

It assumes (probably correctly) that the "seasoned" Republican voters won't care who is under the "R" on the ballot, they'll keep the 'terrorists' out of their white bread towns and God at the head of the Courts, regardless of McCain's words, actions or ideals.

Reagan didn't sound like a Democrat to win Democrat votes.

This conservative will leave a blank by the Presidential race.

BarryDonegan
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM
conservatives are not mccains base. his base is liberal democrats who are emotionally connected to war.

Brian4Liberty
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM

As a side issue, why did this thread get a one-star rating? Is the person doing the rating a big McCain supporter?

HOLLYWOOD
05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
She's been sniffing and throwing her name in the hat, around all the MSM telecasts for interviews.

Carly almost single handedly pissed off everyone at HP.

Another "Bay Area Bitch" to join the 3 stooges of Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein and Zoe Lofgren