PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Morphing into Ron Paul

stevedasbach
08-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Check out Huckabee's rhetoric in Spartanburg, South Carolina:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070823/NEWS/708230343/1051/NEWS01

Also noticed Obama extolling some Paul themes on the Daily Show last night.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

trispear
08-23-2007, 04:38 AM
This is why I don't like Huckabee. That, and his record contradicts him.

LibertyOfOne
08-23-2007, 04:39 AM
The guy who thinks evolution is a farce? Hehe

trispear
08-23-2007, 04:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Huckabee#Criticisms

He is no Ron Paul no matter how he postures.

bobmurph
08-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Ron Paul is now shaping the debate. Let them copy him. The more they do the more people will be drawn to Dr. Paul's message and be converted. This phenomenon will also increase the amount of time RP gets to speak at the debates. And to boot, he has years of public service records that support his belief in his positions...while the rest of the candidates can easily be exposed for the empty rhetoric.

ThePieSwindler
08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
The guy who thinks evolution is a farce? Hehe

because certainly that is the most important issue at hand.

Seriously, who the fuck cares? just look at his record (he hasnt been a congressman so its not his VOTING record but he still has a record of policy) and you have plenty enough evidence to prove that he is not a great candidate. Making fun of him for being a creationist makes you look like an asshat, because its trying to disqualify him with something that doesn't even matter in a presidential election.

note: i'm not a creationist at all. I'm simply bothered by people who poke fun like this as if they are somehow vastly superior because they are "rational thinkers" or whatnot. Maybe you weren't doing that, and im reading into your 9 words too much,but this gets brought up alot.

Dustancostine
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I wonder where he first heard this:

He added: "We don't want the government to do something for us. We just want the government to stop doing things to us."

Or this:

"We cannot be the police force for the world," Huckabee told reporters afterward. "And we should not export our form of government. Instead, we should create an appetite for our form of government so that other countries want to adopt it."

--Dustan

belian78
08-23-2007, 07:42 AM
yeah, and now Mittens is turning up the "states rights" rhetoric. a mitt boy has been posting articles about Mitt's stances on states rights and fed staying out of mining procedures and the like. it just makes me sick...

Dustancostine
08-23-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm simply bothered by people who poke fun like this as if they are somehow vastly superior because they are "rational thinkers" or whatnot.

Rational thinking is superior to irrational thinking.

--Dustan

wgadget
08-23-2007, 07:43 AM
LOL.

And Romney is becoming Ron Paul. Trouble is, he doesn't know how to explain his new-found stances.

Ninja Homer
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Somebody needs to make a video about how Ron Paul is changing the other candidates' views. As other candidates start to take his side on issues, Ron Paul can show that he was the original, and has a 20 year voting record to prove it.

I like Huckabee better than Romney or Giuliani, but I think when Huckabee runs out of money and is out of the race, taking the majority of his votes will be a big bump up for Ron Paul.

Dustancostine
08-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh don't be so sure. They will get him the money if that is who they want to win.

Mani
08-23-2007, 08:00 AM
So are these guys fringe and kooks now?

If Huckabee and Romney sound like Ron Paul then they need some tin foil hats.