PDA

View Full Version : The Manifesto in stock @ Amazon on JULY 16 2008... WHAT???

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-11-2008, 09:25 PM
So the in-stock date went from May 20 to July 16. That's over 2 months added! Now the interesting question is: Do the people who ordered the book when the in-stock date was May 20 get the book at that time? If all people have to wait until July to get the book from Amazon... something smells very FISHY! :confused:

Not to mention how damaging this could be to the books for delegates effort. If you really want to have a decentralized system where local people send books to their state delegates, some local places are bound to run out and this could create a logistical nightmare.

http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209955854&sr=8-1

RonPaulVolunteer
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Simple. It's out of print. This is good. I would like to know how big the first print run was. I would suspect the normal 40k.

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-11-2008, 09:32 PM
What do you make of the books that were supposed to be in stock on May 20? I know a lot of people were eagerly waiting for these orders and won't be pleased if they have to wait an additional 2 months.

RSLudlum
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
may be overly optimistic but could it be it's already going to a third print to keep up with DEMAND??? :eek:

Due to the supply being low, could we be looking at prices of the book approaching that of Gold? :D

runningdiz
05-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Every book store i have been to has one. If people really want it they can go there but hopefully the publisher is on its second print :P

kigol
05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
amazon should carry more.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
What do you make of the books that were supposed to be in stock on May 20? I know a lot of people were eagerly waiting for these orders and won't be pleased if they have to wait an additional 2 months.

The date was simply a default computer generated date. Upon being told the book was out of print another computer generated date was applied. I bet ya it's back in stock earlier than that because it's a smaller publisher and they likely have a faster turn around.

MikeSmith
05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
When too many people have placed orders it can't fill, Amazon's system panics. Amazon also said it wouldn't have books in stock until July awhile back. I don't know when the more realistic date will be, but probably in June sometime.

I would think people who already ordered the book will probably get it on May 20th. Once you place an order, you can see the estimated ship date.

Suzu
05-11-2008, 09:56 PM
My last order had an estimated ship date of May 30. The books were shipped three days ago.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
its just an amazon thing, they odds are see their "pre-orders" from people who are buying them up whether they have them in stock or not. Odds are their system has a built in "estimated date" that it tosses on there.

Also remember the numbers that Amazons sells, odds are when they say out of stock they still have a ton of them. It odds are is just out of stock for "Amazon" terms.

If the publisher or anyone in that chain allows the book to NOT get enough copies out then that would just be one more thing we can gripe about then lol.

I think however the whole "limited supply" is both a sales tactic as well as a great thing for us. Hopefully the media covers how it is not only #1 BUT they can't even print enough of them due to the demand even while we are in a recession.

Hell I would rather buy a copy of the manifesto then a few gallons of gas anyways. Get that book in front of as many people as possible.

Have revolution book clubs where you read, discuss and learn about our revolution as well as what you can do in your local city government and beyond.

If we all got our own cities backed by the constitution then we can take this country back in no time.

Either way you know Amazon will keep selling them and will more then make sure they have enough copies to go around. Its a best seller and Amazon is the top place to buy books online anyways.

I saw that July thing as well and freaked out but then realized what it odds are was and can calm down again.

Psionide
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I didn't see the our of stock issue with the audio book and it's only about 5 dollars more per unit, but ultimately much more likely to get listened to then the book will be to get read. Just a thought.

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I just don't get the point of a multi-million dollar company letting its computers give off such wacked-out estimates. Why couldn't the site just say "On back-order, will be available soon".

There will be blowback for this. People will start canceling their orders because they don't want to wait until "July" and frankly I can't blame them. They will get the book in brick&mortar stores where it will be much more expensive and the premium money spent will go to big retailers like B&N instead of staying in the movement.

2 books cost me almost 45 bucks at Barnes & Noble ($21x2 +tax) last week while I visited the US. They were tucked away on a single table in the current affairs section, while the Obama rags were proudly displayed upfront as well as on several different shelves. Frankly, that made me mad. For as much money I could have gotten almost 4 books on Amazon.

Bottom line: START THE FREAKING PRESSES! And get it together Amazon for the love of all that is revolutionary.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I didn't see the our of stock issue with the audio book and it's only about 5 dollars more per unit, but ultimately much more likely to get listened to then the book will be to get read. Just a thought.

I love the audio version as well, I listen to it while I work online. Books are great and this is one book worth buying a few copies of and the only book I have ever said that about BUT the audio is where I actually soak it in.

If you can't get the book version get the audio version of course OR BOTH.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I wonder if someone bought a few thousand copies to control the supply and resell them at 3-5x face value.

CurtisLow
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Shipping estimate for these items: July 21, 2008
1 "The Revolution: A Manifesto"
Ron Paul; Hardcover; $11.55

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "The Revolution: A Manifesto"
Ron Paul; Audio CD; $16.49

I will donate to my local library (Above) It is a bit crazy to wait so long.... O-well

Conza88
05-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I just don't get the point of a multi-million dollar company letting its computers give off such wacked-out estimates. Why couldn't the site just say "On back-order, will be available soon".

There will be blowback for this. People will start canceling their orders because they don't want to wait until "July" and frankly I can't blame them. They will get the book in brick&mortar stores where it will be much more expensive and the premium money spent will go to big retailers like B&N instead of staying in the movement.

2 books cost me almost 45 bucks at Barnes & Noble ($21x2 +tax) last week while I visited the US. They were tucked away on a single table in the current affairs section, while the Obama rags were proudly displayed upfront as well as on several different shelves. Frankly, that made me mad. For as much money I could have gotten almost 4 books on Amazon.

Bottom line: START THE FREAKING PRESSES! And get it together Amazon for the love of all that is revolutionary.

Totally quoted for truth. MY sentiments exactly.

Suzu
05-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Half.com has them in stock, brand new starting @ $7.49:

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Revolution_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ65565021

NightOwl
05-11-2008, 11:23 PM
The date was simply a default computer generated date. Upon being told the book was out of print another computer generated date was applied. I bet ya it's back in stock earlier than that because it's a smaller publisher and they likely have a faster turn around.

It's actually a giant publisher (it published Colbert's huge seller, for example), and I'm sure they're all over this ridiculous Amazon date. I'd be shocked if this wasn't fixed within 48 hours. But in the meantime, it's extremely annoying.

draccip
05-12-2008, 04:55 AM
that my birfday.... yay

jrich4rpaul
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Please find other locations to buy the book from.

Amazon is not the only book retailer in the world. I don't get why everyone acts as if it is.

MikeSmith
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
In stock on May 25th now

MRoCkEd
05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
In stock on May 25th now
Well that's an improvement