PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul a millionaire?

sean43
05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Not that it matters, but I always wondered how comparitivly wealthy Paul was compared to the other Candidates.

hillertexas
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I was actually trying to find this out yesterday after I saw the "Fabulous Life of John McCain" video. I couldn't find anything...no tax returns, no nothing.

The One
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Physician, author, and congressman........I think it's safe to assume RP is easily a millionaire.

cjhowe
05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I recall one of his statements of assets showing in excess of 3 million, much of which was in stakes in gold and silver mines.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
These days, $3 million really isn't all that much. At his age, many -- most? -- people who have worked their whole lives and have been halfway responsible, starting to save when they are youngish, are millionaires.

invisible
05-11-2008, 05:56 PM
He is also a landlord, owns about 100 rental properties (in the Houston area, if I remember correctly). Sorry, I have no way to verify this - I cannot remember whether I read it somewhere, of if Dr. Paul mentioned it directly to me in conversation. I suspect the latter, if no one here has mentioned this by now.

hillertexas
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
These days, $3 million really isn't all that much. At his age, many -- most? -- people who have worked their whole lives and have been halfway responsible, starting to save when they are youngish, are millionaires.

Hell, I hope he is a millionaire. I want Ron to have everything he wants.

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
i doubt he wants money
a free country, maybe

yongrel
05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes he is. If memory serves, most of his assets are in gold.

Cowlesy
05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes he is. If memory serves, most of his assets are in gold.

Correct. His assets as of March 2007 are listed on www.fec.gov, and probably a few places on this site.

I always think his storying is inspiring. Started off from a very modest home in Pittsburgh, accepted into Gettysburg College (a top-tier liberal arts college) and then on to Duke Medical School. Worked as a flight surgeon in the air force, eventually started his own practice, put 5 kids through school with no government loans...and is now a financially independent congressman fighting for our country.

What a Patriot.

Kotin
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Correct. His assets as of March 2007 are listed on www.fec.gov, and probably a few places on this site.

I always think his storying is inspiring. Started off from a very modest home in Pittsburgh, accepted into Gettysburg College (a top-tier liberal arts college) and then on to Duke Medical School. Worked as a flight surgeon in the air force, eventually started his own practice, put 5 kids through school with no government loans...and is now a financially independent congressman fighting for our country.

What a Patriot.

my sentiments exactly

Highland
05-11-2008, 06:43 PM
If he wasn't financially secure...I would say how would he have the knowledge to get our country economically back on track. I think he will hold much more influence from now until November.

rp08orbust
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
We'll all be millionaires eventually, thanks to inflation. The only problem is that the billionaires will be trillionaires by then and a million dollars won't by sh*t.

devil21
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
If his investments are in gold then if he wasnt a millionaire he sure as hell is now!

Chester Copperpot
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I remember hearing his net worth around $1.6 million mostly in specie.. of course this was when gold was more like $500 an ounce

Perry
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
He is wealthy compared to most. He is also an economist(although no degree) and a very wise one at that. He knows how to use his money wisely.

apropos
05-12-2008, 07:58 AM
His book sales from Revolution will probably push him into millionaire status if he is not already.

Conza88
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
The guy deserves to be a trillionare.

Peter Shiff is making big bucks aswell, from what I know... those who SEE the problem, can prepare for it. - i.e.. FIAT currency (one of it)... like... 30 years AGO, lol... HOW much Gold you think he's got? and silver?!?

The man must have his own mine! hahahah. Good on him. He's probably got more Gold than Fort Knox.. since Fort Knox has none..

Tim724
05-12-2008, 08:56 AM
A couple of other points about his personal wealth:

--He used to own a coin shop
(I'm pretty sure of this, but not 100%...I think I remember him mentioning it in passing in some book or interview).

--He doesn't participate in the congressional pension...though I guess that wouldn't apply to him yet because he is still in office and not retired?

acptulsa
05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Compared to the Three Stoog--I mean, the Three Senators he's a pauper. That said, he knows where his meals are coming from after he retires.

The Lantern
05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Not that it matters, but I always wondered how comparitivly wealthy Paul was compared to the other Candidates.

Here is a quick video that tells a little bit about Ron's net worth and where it is invested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QbJ3phEYs

This is kind of an anti Ron Paul piece but I thought it was still pretty funny and informative.

Gadsden Flag
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I would be surprised if he wasn't. I doubt there are any politicians in the US Senate or House of Representatives that aren't.

And I don't think that's bad! With liberals/democrats, there is this really wierd 'having money makes you evil' stigma.

I know that I would run for office in a heartbeat if I had enough money to do it.