PDA

View Full Version : Possible candidates in 2012?

acroso
05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Murray Sabrin, B.J. Lawson, what are our other choices as a possible replacement for Paul when he leaves since I doubt he'll be running in 2012.

I'm, just curious who else is out there.

hillertexas
05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
barry goldwater jr?

acroso
05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I know there are some congressman who are allies with Paul. I just don't know who they are..

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Murray Sabring, B.J. Lawson, what are our other choices as a possible replacement for Paul when he leaves since I doubt he'll be running in 2012.

Depends on what happens in the November election. 2012 is a guaranteed wash for having a candidate in the GOP if McCain becomes President. Even if he ran the country completely into the ground (which he probably will), no party will ever dump a sitting President. Under McCain, we would be doomed by an automatic re-nomination, or if he doesn't run for election, his Vice President would probably stand a very strong chance of winning the primary.

The best we can hope for is an Obama Presidency (without Ron Paul on the ballot in November, of course) and a wide open Republican field in 2012. We will have to also wait and see what Ron Paul Republicans are successfully elected this year and in 2010 to Congress and Governorships.

dw1345
05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Amit Singh in maybe '16 or '20 since he's relatively young.

acroso
05-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I couldn't find a link to that guy on the web- Amit Singh.

dw1345
05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I couldn't find a link to that guy on the web- Amit Singh.

his websit is www.amit08.com if thats what you're looking for.

bcreps85
05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
The important thing right now isn't the 2012 candidate, but educating enough people to build up the next candidate that believes in our values. It doesn't matter if it is Ron Paul, Murray Sabrin or the Man on the Moon, people need to recognize freedom when it is represented. At this point we have no idea what the field will be like in 2012, so the most important thing is education.

Personally, this election cycle I think the best thing we can do is make a stir at the convention and then keep educating people. Keep the revolution in the news even when the election cycle is over so that it gets pounded into people's heads. At this point I sort of want Dems to win. If Hitlery/Osama gets elected we can count on them fucking up and use it to garner support from disillusioned Dems. If McCain gets in he'll fuck up too, but unfortunately that would reflect badly upon us as Republicans...Dems don't recognize the difference between us and the Neocons.

ClayTrainor
05-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Jesse Ventura!

acroso
05-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Someone asked me which current already elected congressman or senators I liked, and the only one I can think of is Paul....

....there has to be some other reasonable people I should know about.

rockandrollsouls
05-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Stop dick riding jesse. I've seen footage where he said he believed Iraq was a threat. He's pro choice. He's not a conservative. Case and point.

acroso
05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Ventura is a lib too. That and an attention hound.

rockandrollsouls
05-11-2008, 02:53 PM
The first time i heard about him i thought he might be a reasonable choice but the more i read the more i became dissapointed

RonPaulVolunteer
05-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Murray Sabrin was not born in the US, so he can't run.

acroso
05-11-2008, 03:32 PM
So we have B.J. Lawson...who may or may not be too young since no one seems to know his age....and..

AJ Antimony
05-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Um let's worry about 2008 before we start talking 2012...

Lucille
05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Draft Gary Johnson for POTUS 2012.

McCain will get his ass handed to him come Nov., thank God.

I'm all for letting the Ds inherit this mess so they can mess it up worse, and then we'll see a conservative resurgence in 2010 and 2012, thanks to RPRs ongoing campaign for Liberty.

walt
05-11-2008, 04:21 PM
walt :)

Kotin
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Jesse Ventura!

i hope.

he may still run this year,

he was approached by the LP supposedly and was asked to attend the convention later this month.

pcosmar
05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I'll have to watch and see.
I really don't expect an election in 1012.

Zera
05-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Jesse Ventura ended any chance of ever being president when he outed himself as a troofer. Sorry.

yongrel
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Jeezus, our eyes our always bigger than our stomachs.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm all for letting the Ds inherit this mess so they can mess it up worse, and then we'll see a conservative resurgence in 2010 and 2012, thanks to RPRs ongoing campaign for Liberty.

I agree with this one as well, let them crash our system BUT bring our troops home. We can then build up the saving grace Republican Party new and improved back by the constitution 100%

I think Americans need to finally see WHY we can't be taken care of by any government and it MUST STOP or we will collapse.

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
if there were no war in Iraq right now, what do you think Ron Paul's chances would be? (did his anti-war stance hurt him or help him more)

on topic,
BJ Lawson?
they say obama has no experience

i do like the idea of goldwater jr - just having the name goldwater could help a lot

ClayTrainor
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Jesse Ventura ended any chance of ever being president when he outed himself as a troofer. Sorry.

Not true... He's not making any ridiculous claims like the truthers do, he's just asking questions.

It doesnt add up to him, being a Navy Seal underwater demolitions expert, how can 2 planes knock down 3 buildings at Free Fall speed...

Most truthers give the 911 truth movement a bad name, but there are some very good questions that have gone unanswered.

alaric
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Depends on what happens in the November election. 2012 is a guaranteed wash for having a candidate in the GOP if McCain becomes President. Even if he ran the country completely into the ground (which he probably will), no party will ever dump a sitting President. Under McCain, we would be doomed by an automatic re-nomination, or if he doesn't run for election, his Vice President would probably stand a very strong chance of winning the primary.

The best we can hope for is an Obama Presidency (without Ron Paul on the ballot in November, of course) and a wide open Republican field in 2012. We will have to also wait and see what Ron Paul Republicans are successfully elected this year and in 2010 to Congress and Governorships.

hey, if mctraitor is pres, then we infiltrate the dem party!:D

Cinderella
05-11-2008, 07:35 PM
i didnt think sabrin could run for president

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
i didnt think sabrin could run for president
nope
not born in us

and he's a looooongshot for senate - we should focus on that race first..

josephadel_3
05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
if there were no war in Iraq right now, what do you think Ron Paul's chances would be? (did his anti-war stance hurt him or help him more)

on topic,
BJ Lawson?
they say obama has no experience

i do like the idea of goldwater jr - just having the name goldwater could help a lot

War stance hurt him. People expect Republicans to support the war, because Bush obviously does. That made the nomination a long shot from day one. Amit Singh looks great. I hope he was born here. He looks like he's in his 30's.

Kilrain
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Mark Sanford? Maybe not acceptable to the real purists out there (or in here), though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

Badger Paul
05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Gary Johnson

Shadow of a Doubt
05-11-2008, 08:37 PM
BJ will be 37 by the time 2012 rolls around. He'd be an extremely young president, although I think that's a good thing, and he's more charismatic than Paul from what I've seen.

qh4dotcom
05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Murray Sabrin, B.J. Lawson, what are our other choices as a possible replacement for Paul when he leaves since I doubt he'll be running in 2012.

Sabrin can't run as he was born in Germany. B.J Lawson would be 38 in November 2012 and probably the youngest person ever to run for president.

acroso
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Is he 33 right now? Anyone know his dob?

Luft97
05-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Hmm.. by 2012? Who knows.. I guess your assuming that the US isn't balkanized. Although personally I would put my money more on the balkanization happening before 2012 than us getting someone elected president in 2012. If we do have elections I would think that if Ron isn't up to the job, I do like Bob Barr. Can't think of anyone else. The main problem with all of these other people you are throwing up here is they have no experience. Maybe that does not matter to you, but it will matter to the masses of people that would be voting for him / her. Unless they have Obama's snake charmer magic and then experience doesn't matter.

qh4dotcom
05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Is he 33 right now? Anyone know his dob?

He's 34 now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.J._Lawson

BKom
05-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Mark Sanford? Maybe not acceptable to the real purists out there (or in here), though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

We'll have to hear what Sanford thinks about foreign policy, but so far economically, he looks good. In fact, he has executive experience and none of Ron's baggage (that we know of. That puts him way ahead of the game. He's taken on his own Republican legislature and been outspoken in getting them to cut the fat out of the budget. No governor can afford to be a purist. They have to actually govern, unlike congressmen and senators. He's done very well in that position.

I'd say it's got to be Mark Sanford until proven otherwise. Actually, if he'd run this time, I think Ron would have probably not have. He thinks that much of him.

I like Gary Johnson too, but he has some personal baggage to get over. Maybe four years form now that won't be a problem. In fact, Sanford for Pres and Johnson for VP might be very attractive.

acroso
05-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Lawson's bio is pretty spectacular.

Bradley in DC
05-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I'd say it's got to be Mark Sanford until proven otherwise.

+1

Kotin
05-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Sanford/Lawson

acroso
05-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Sanford strikes me as a poser.

I'm for Lawson. I don't care if he's only 39 be election day.

mountaineer
05-12-2008, 06:15 AM
It doesnt add up to him, being a Navy Seal underwater demolitions expert, how can 2 planes knock down 3 buildings at Free Fall speed...

simple, they cant.

Lucille
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
We'll have to hear what Sanford thinks about foreign policy, but so far economically, he looks good. In fact, he has executive experience and none of Ron's baggage (that we know of. That puts him way ahead of the game. He's taken on his own Republican legislature and been outspoken in getting them to cut the fat out of the budget. No governor can afford to be a purist. They have to actually govern, unlike congressmen and senators. He's done very well in that position.

I'd say it's got to be Mark Sanford until proven otherwise. Actually, if he'd run this time, I think Ron would have probably not have. He thinks that much of him.

I like Gary Johnson too, but he has some personal baggage to get over. Maybe four years form now that won't be a problem. In fact, Sanford for Pres and Johnson for VP might be very attractive.

I second Sanford.

Jeff Flake would be an excellent choice, too.

FreeTraveler
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
I'll have to watch and see.
I really don't expect an election in 1012.

+1776

JMann
05-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Not true... He's not making any ridiculous claims like the truthers do, he's just asking questions.

Most truthers give the 911 truth movement a bad name, but there are some very good questions that have gone unanswered.

I'm not a demolition expert but I saw a great piece, I think on Discovery Channel, about 3 or 4 years ago with the architect of the building and he explains in detail how this can happen.

One major flaw was that architect never built the building to withstand the pressures of a passenger jet, loaded with aviation fuel to fly into the building. Save that small 'oversight' (seems like planes the size of the one's that hit World Trade were not in production at the time the WTC was designed, not positive of that but I think I remember the architect saying this) other issues had to do with the fact that the trade center was built with no support beams on the floors. All the support was in the center elevator shaft and the outside walls. This made the pancake effect to be very likely even with the failure of just one or two floors under the circumstances of 9/11.

If I remember correctly there was also a problem with the insulating foam used on the steel to protect it from fire.

This isn't a difficult thing to figure out for people with even limited rationalization skills or access to google. Since Jesse Ventura has demonstrated a lack of these skills we can determine he isn't qualified to be POTUS.

yongrel
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
*sniff* Smells like political inexperience mixed with fantasy.

acroso
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Sanford favors IRaq?

BarryDonegan
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM

the second term of George H.W. Bush is evidence to the contrary of this. Pat Buchanan NEARLY beat him, and probably cost him the general.

BarryDonegan
05-12-2008, 01:05 PM

Ventura's position is that he doesn't really understand the official story, not that 911 was an inside job. While this position is tactically unpopular right now, its not by much. however, in 2012, with over 10 years seperation in time from 911, I really do not think that someones position on that issue at that time would be as politically significant as it is now.

This theory that anyone who questions the governments official story on 911 in any way is automatically "crazy" is not something mainstream America really believes, I think that is more of a MSM sendoff, and will be totally insignificant by 2012.