PDA

View Full Version : Best Quotes From The Revolution Manifesto

ItsTime
05-11-2008, 02:05 PM
List your fav here. Maybe we can get some news paper ads and billboards with the quotes in them at the RNC :D.

Donate!! http://www.alcpac.com/opstpaul.html

PLEASE PUT PAGE NUMBERS. SOME WILL BE MADE INTO THE ADS OPERATION ST PAUL IS PUTTING OUT!!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/truthistreason.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/thelastline.jpg

bcreps85
05-11-2008, 02:09 PM
I haven't quite finished it yet and don't remember the exact quote currently, but I liked the part near the beginning (probably page 60ish) where he was discussing the draft and talking about how it went against a free society -- that this nation's youth are not mere pawns for the political class.

dw1345
05-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm only about a third of the way into it but I really enjoyed his recollection of the McCain/Hitler debate moment.

ItsTime
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
looking for quotes people.

Libertarian Ideals
05-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm loaning out my book at the moment, but I remeber Paul quoted Ludwig von Mises in his book.

"Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldy against it."

Libertarian Ideals
05-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry. double post. Delete please.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
looking for quotes people.

"The revolution my supporters refer to will persist long after my retirement from politics, here is my effort to give them a long term manifesto based on ideas and perhaps some short term marching orders"

ItsTime
05-11-2008, 06:32 PM
bumping thanks keep them coming

tonyr1988
05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
[talking about proposing a declaration of war, to follow the Constitution, on p54]

The chairman of the International Relations Committee responded by saying, "There are things in the Constitution that have been overtaken by events, by time. Declaration of war is one of them. There are things no longer relevant to a modern society. We are saying to the president, use your judgment. [What you have proposed it] inappropriate, anachronistic; it isn't done any more."

That made me so angry. Who was the House Intl Relations Committee in 2002?

NightOwl
05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
[talking about proposing a declaration of war, to follow the Constitution, on p54]

That made me so angry. Who was the House Intl Relations Committee in 2002?

That was Rep. Henry Hyde.

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
"We have lost our belief that freedom works, because we no longer have the imagination to conceive of how a free people might solve its problems without introducing threats of violence- which is what government solutions ultimately amount to."
pp.85

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
"We now know that plenty of red flags that should have alerted officials to the hijackers' plot were ignored. That was a matter of government ineptness, not a lack of surveillance power. Officials had the evidence. They simply failed to act on it. And they then turned around and exploited their own failure as an excuse to crack down on the American people, demanding new powers that would have done nothing to prevent 9/11. Only government could get away with such a transparent scam."
pp.115

This quote interests me the most and I would like to hear what conclusions others draw from this statement. "Transparent scam" Is this in reference only to the exploitation of their failure or does this include the willful ignorance toward evidence of a coming attack(which he deliberately put in italics in the print version)? Notice how light and tasty he made it. He never really identifies who "they" are besides references to "the government" throughout the whole book. Nor is any insight provided as to why the "government" would want to strip its citizens of their freedoms and liberties. There are implications of what could happen but real conclusions are left up to the individual reader. This book was designed very, very well from the writing style, to the paper and cover design.

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
"We seriously mistake the function of government if we think its job is to regulate bad habits or supplant the role of all those subsidiary bodies in society that have responsibility for forming our moral character."
pp.125

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:39 PM
"When you actually study the beginnings of the federal war on drugs, you uncover a history of lies, bigotry, and ignorance so extensive it will leave you speechless."
pp.127

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
"The failure of the federal war on drugs should be clear enough from one simple fact: our government has been unable to keep drugs even out of prisons, which are surrounded by armed guards."
pp.131

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
"Ours is not a fated existence , for nowhere is our destiny etched in stone. In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them.
If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking.
Let the revolution began."
pp.167

RSLudlum
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
just close your eyes, open the book to any random page, place your finger on that page, and BAM!! out pops a good quote!!! :p

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
just close your eyes, open the book to any random page, place your finger on that page, and BAM!! out pops a good quote!!! :p

aint that the truth lol

damn good read indeed.

the audio version is great as well

Knut Schreiber
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
"The failure of the federal war on drugs should be clear enough from one simple fact: our government has been unable to keep drugs even out of prisons, which are surrounded by armed guards."
pp.131

"If the government can't keep drugs away from inmates who are locked in steel cages, surrounded by barbed wire, watched by armed guards, drug-tested, strip-searched, X-rayed, and videotaped – how can it possibly stop the flow of drugs to an entire nation?" – Ron Crickenberger

ryanmkeisling
05-11-2008, 08:28 PM
"If the government can't keep drugs away from inmates who are locked in steel cages, surrounded by barbed wire, watched by armed guards, drug-tested, strip-searched, X-rayed, and videotaped – how can it possibly stop the flow of drugs to an entire nation?" – Ron Crickenberger

QFT

qh4dotcom
05-11-2008, 08:34 PM
This isn't from the Manifesto but from his website

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/161/what-does-freedom-really-mean/

“…man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.”
Ronald Reagan

Simply put, freedom is the absence of government coercion. Our Founding Fathers understood this, and created the least coercive government in the history of the world. The Constitution established a very limited, decentralized government to provide national defense and little else. States, not the federal government, were charged with protecting individuals against criminal force and fraud. For the first time, a government was created solely to protect the rights, liberties, and property of its citizens. Any government coercion beyond that necessary to secure those rights was forbidden, both through the Bill of Rights and the doctrine of strictly enumerated powers. This reflected the founders’ belief that democratic government could be as tyrannical as any King.

Few Americans understand that all government action is inherently coercive. If nothing else, government action requires taxes. If taxes were freely paid, they wouldn’t be called taxes, they’d be called donations. If we intend to use the word freedom in an honest way, we should have the simple integrity to give it real meaning: Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.

Every politician on earth claims to support freedom. The problem is so few of them understand the simple meaning of the word.

ItsTime
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
some good ones! Need some war and economy quotes :) keep adding your favs

Conza88
05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"

:)

haaaylee
05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"

:)

that's my favorite. we have a "guess the quote" at my work and to my suprise within an 8 hour shift about 4 people will get that one right.

i also like these:

"peaceful civil disobedience to unjust laws, which i support with every fiber of my being, can sometimes be neccessary at any level of government. It falls upon the people, in the last resort, to stand against in justive no matter where it occurs."

"we do no one any good by bankrupting ourselves/"

"no one is suprised that people donate to a political campaign in the hopes of recieving some special favor if the candidate wins. I was quite suprised, on the other hand, at how many would donate, volunteer, and vote in the pursuit of nothing other than freedom, and the prosperity it naturally brings."

"something has obviously gone wrong with the system when we need insurance for routine visits and checkups, which are entirely predictable parts of our lives."

"right now, after decades of meedling, our government is hated in the middle east and around the world to a degree i have never before seen in my lifetime. that does not make us safer."

"and no wonder the news networks would rather focus on $400 haircuts than matter of substance. there are no matters of substance."

ItsTime
05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
keep em comin

newyearsrevolution08
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
and no one has thought of doing a ronpaulquotes.com site yet????

set something up

people can add them

rate them

good advertising opportunity for someone...

just a thought, free enterprise is needed.

TruthAtLast
05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
This is one of my favorite quotes from The Revolution:

The Revolution: A Manifesto - Page 66

If our government were scrupulously faithful to the Constitution, we would not need to be especially concerned when a person who represents a philosophy different from our own takes political office. Our Constitution delegates relatively few tasks to the federal government, so it should almost be a matter of indifference who is elected. We wouldn't have to worry that a social policy of which we disapproved would be imposed on our neighborhood at the whim of the new president and his court appointees, or that more of our money would be stolen to fund yet another government boondoggle. And we would also be spared the spectacle of countless American individuals and corporations frantically donating to candidates for political office during election years in order to reserve a place on the federal gravy train if their favorite should win.

A. Havnes
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Conza88;1450372]"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"
[QUOTE]

Crap, you got to it before I did! Oh well. That's got to be the single greatest line in the whole book! It's short enough to be easily memorized by anyone, and it's extremely powerful. It's the embodiment of an entire Revolution, and it represents our current relationship with the establishment as a whole. I think it's only flaw would be if someone took it as a paranoid statement, of which it is not.

Unspun
05-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone going to his neighbor's home and taking his money at gun point, regardless of all the wonderful, selfless things he promised to do with it, would be promptly arrested as a thief. But for some reason it is considered morally acceptable when the government does that very thing.

mmink15
05-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Not a mind-blowing quote, but I can actually hear Ron Paul saying it, with a grandfatherly chuckle at the end, when I read it.
"...freedom has a unique power unite us. In case that sounds cliche, it isn't. It's common sense." -page 5

Another one that I has stuck with me is found on page 49:
"...those who would give us a 'living' Constitution are actually giving us a dead Constitution, since such a thing is completely unable to protect us against the encroachments of government power."

I liked the chapter on economic freedom though it's hard to pull a great quote because the points take paragraphs to get across in most cases. Here's a quote that I liked and works on it's own, found on page 73:
The forgotten man is the one whose labor is exploited in order to benefit whatever political cause catches the government's fancy."

page 101:
"If Americans knew the real story of foreign aid and how it has deformed recipient economies, aided repressive regimes, and even contributed to violent strife, they would oppose it even more strongly than they already do."

inibo
05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I like this one:

[I]t would be a great step forward if we could even debate the foreign policy we have now, a policy that (with a few minor differences) is shared by the establishment of both major parties. One writer correctly labels it “the debate we never have.” Although many American oppose the continued expansion of of Big Government abroad, noninterventionism is never presented to them as an option, The so-called debates between pundits they see on television or read in the newspapers carefully limit the range of debate to points of insignificance. The debate is always framed in terms of which kind of interventionist strategy our government should pursue. The possibility that we should avoid bleeding ourselves dry in endless foreign meddling is not raised. For heaven’s sake, what kind of debate it in which all sides agree that the America needs troops in 130 countries?

That may be the kind of debate the old Pravda once allowed, but where is the robust exchange of ideas we should expect in a free society? pp. 37-38

OptionsTrader
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
pp.131

+ ∞

malkusm
05-30-2008, 07:45 PM
"Why would we expect a system based on legal plunder, as ours is, to be a net benefit to the poor or middle class, in whose name so many government schemes are enacted? Every one of the special benefits, on behalf of which hundreds of millions of dollars are expended on lobbyists each year, makes goods more expensive, companies less efficient and competitive, and the economy more sluggish." (Page 76)

Also, not a quote, but I never fully understood his stance on health care (mainly I didn't know the inner workings of the system), and I never fully grasped why the "inflation tax" disproportionately affected the lower and middle classes. Great elementary explanations on these topics....I feel like going out and debating a proponent of the Fed and socialized health care! Haha

ItsTime
05-30-2008, 07:52 PM
I am glad to see this thread still plugging along :D

MRoCkEd
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I can't decide - the whole book is brilliant
the more i read it, the more i agree that we need to send this to everyone

inibo
05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
I can't decide - the whole book is brilliant
the more i read it, the more i agree that we need to send this to everyone

I think the best results would be from many young people read it.

I'm considering buying enough copies to give to a local school's civics class (do they still have those?) and then sponsoring a small prize, say $500 for the best essay about it.

ItsTime
05-31-2008, 10:09 AM
"you have been lied to, robbed, and used by your own government"

NightOwl
05-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm considering buying enough copies to give to a local school's civics class (do they still have those?) and then sponsoring a small prize, say $500 for the best essay about it.

Now THAT is a great idea.

MRoCkEd
05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
I think the best results would be from many young people read it.

Now THAT is a great idea.
sure is

how about making a nationwide contest for all high school students
require them to read the book and submit an essay
make the prize(s) very enticing
so they will buy/borrow the book on their own, read it, write about it
there could be a national prize, statewide prize, runnerups etc.

ItsTime
05-31-2008, 02:44 PM
bump

AdamT
05-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Bump for quotes. We need short phrases that we can put on billboards, short enough for people to easily read.

Like this:

"By any standard - constitutional, financial, national defense - I could not see the merits of the proposed invasion of Iraq." - Page 22 The Revolution, A Manifesto by Ron Paul

The quotes need to be epic. Include the page numbers too. Thanks!!

MRoCkEd
05-31-2008, 04:25 PM
truth is treason in the empire of lies would be the best one for billboards

AdamT
05-31-2008, 04:34 PM
truth is treason in the empire of lies would be the best one for billboards

You have a page number for that? Very important.

ryanmkeisling
05-31-2008, 04:38 PM
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." pp.167

"We...need to stand firmly against moral relativism, recalling that actions do not become moral just because our government performs them." pp.164

"We are engaged in a great battle of ideas, and the choices before us could not be clearer. I urge those who agree with this important message to educate themselves in the scholarship of liberty" pp.158

"Incidentally, wise Americans from our nation's past understood the damage that unbacked paper money could do to a society's most vulnerable." pp.144

"Freedom means not only that our economic activity ought to be free and voluntary, but that government should stay out of our personal affairs as well." pp. 109

"I oppose the whole apparatus, the whole immoral system by which we use government to exploit our fellow citizens on behalf of our own interests." pp. 107

"Some people falsely believe that advocates of the free market must be opponents of the environment." pp. 105

"If Americans knew the real story of foreign aid and how it has deformed recipient economies, aided repressive regimes, and even contributed to violent strife, they would oppose it even more strongly than they already do." pp. 101

"If anything, the WTO makes trade relations worse by providing our foreign competitors with a collective means to attack U.S. trade interests." pp.98

"True free trade does not require treaties or agreements between governments. On the contrary, true free trade occurs in the absence of government intervention in the free flow of goods across borders." pp.96

"Special interests have helped to impose utterly senseless regulations that impose crushing burdens on private enterprise-far out of proportion to any benefit they are alleged to bring-but since those interests bear none of these burdens themselves, it costs them nothing to advocate them." pp.91

MRoCkEd
05-31-2008, 04:44 PM
You have a page number for that? Very important.
page "x" (preface)

eok321
05-31-2008, 07:28 PM
From http://www.1wit.com/RonPaul2008.htm

...we are paying about $1.4 billion every day just for the interest on the national debt. [pg 81]

The Federal Reserve now no longer reports the figures on M3, the total money supply. Spokesmen claim that among the reasons for this change is that is costs too much money to gather these figures--this from the institution that creates however much money it wants, is off the books, and is never audited. [pg 150]

AdamT
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Got some billboard examples worked up. How great would it be to have 5 of these, with different quotes, around the convention center? Help us fund these by donating to Operation St. Paul (http://alcpac.chipin.com/operation-st-paul-mn).

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 12:18 AM
"Leave aside the alleged problem of determining exactly what the Framers intended by this or that constitutional clause- supporters of the living Constitution must be able to figure out the original intent well enough if they are so sure we need to evolve away from it." pg 48

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
"Young people are not raw material to be employed by the political class on behalf of whatever fashionable political, military, or social cause catches its fancy. In a free society, their lives are not the playthings of government." pg 58

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 12:21 AM
"We do not have to live in this kind of America." pg 67

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 12:24 AM
If our critics want to repudiate the Founding Fathers, let them go ahead and do it. If they won't be honest enough to do so, they should at least refrain from condemning those of us who still believe in the wisdom they left for posterity.

pg 199

How do you decide? The book is a freaking masterpiece.

ryanmkeisling
06-01-2008, 12:47 AM
If our critics want to repudiate the Founding Fathers, let them go ahead and do it. If they won't be honest enough to do so, they should at least refrain from condemning those of us who still believe in the wisdom they left for posterity.

pg 199

How do you decide? The book is a freaking masterpiece.

It really is: I carry mine everywhere and try to read through at least once a day when I have time.:D

ItsTime
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Bump for quotes. We need short phrases that we can put on billboards, short enough for people to easily read.

Like this:

"By any standard - constitutional, financial, national defense - I could not see the merits of the proposed invasion of Iraq." - Page 22 The Revolution, A Manifesto by Ron Paul

The quotes need to be epic. Include the page numbers too. Thanks!!

Got some billboard examples worked up. How great would it be to have 5 of these, with different quotes, around the convention center? Help us fund these by donating to Operation St. Paul (http://alcpac.chipin.com/operation-st-paul-mn).

I am so excited to see my idea come together. Thank you so much for doing this. those billboards are amazing. just like i thought they should look lots of black on white so it sticks out. I cant wait to see the print ads.

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
-honestly, is the distinction between isolationism and noninterventionism so difficult to grasp?

pg 24

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Supporters of war and empire come from both political parties...

pg 26

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:34 PM
The possibility that we should avoid bleeding ourselves dry in endless foreign meddling is not raised. For heaven's sake, what kind of debate is it in which all sides agree that America needs troops in 130 countries?

pg 38

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
This message is popular, and it is based on American security, fiscal sanity, and common sense.

pg 39

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I oppose the whole apparatus, the whole immoral system by which we use government to exploit our fellow citizens on behalf of our own interests. pg 107

(I'm looking for one liners, too. Just can't help posting the others I like. ;) )

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
It is time for us to wake up. pg 121

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
What kind of sheep must politicians take Americans for if they expect us to fall for creepy propaganda like this? pg 125

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
As I have said, the government does not own you- and neither does it own your children. pg 133

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
What kind of free people would turn their children's most intimate health matters over to government strangers? pg 134

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
The average person is silently robbed...And almost no one in the political establishment has an incentive to tell him. pg 143

Our present course, in short, is not sustainable. pg 159

The price of oil would shoot downward and the dollar would move upward on the basis of these announcements. pg 164 (not really a "great" quote, but one that will get attention from commuters)

We're going broke and we still have 75,000 troops in Germany? pg 165

jonsmallberries
06-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Ron Paul, quoting Daniel Webster, pp. 58-59.

A free constitution of government is to be construed upon free principles, and every branch of its provisions is to receive such an interpretation as is full of its general spirit. No means are to be taken by implication which would strike us absurdly if expressed.

This quote by Webster sort of "enlightened" me to the (il)logic of pulling meaning from so-called "vague" phrases in the Constitution. If they were explicit, people would go WTF? Why would they think that they were implied for such a purpose?

kombayn
06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
"Freedom means not only that our economic activity ought to be free and voluntary, but that government should stay out of our personal affairs as well."

Pg. 109, Beginning Chapter of Civil Liberties & Personal Freedom

georgiaboy
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
"Big Government at home and abroad seems to suite many conservative spokesmen just fine." p.2

"I have never seen such a diverse coalition rallying to a single banner." p.4

"No wonder frustrated Americans have begun referring to our two parties as the Republicrats." p.4

"freedom has a unique power to unite us" p.5

"our government's foreign policy has put the American people in greater danger and made us more vulnerable to attack than we would otherwise have been" p. 16

"foreign interventionism is of no benefit to American citizens, but instead is a threat to our liberties" p. 17

Imperial
06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
"It falls upon the people, in the last resort, to stand against injustis no matter where it occurs."

"W do no one any good by bankrupting ourselves."

These two quotes are good. I think that we need to make sure they are

a) not considered too radical for somebody who isn't familiar with Ron Paul
b) broad and makes one think.

Patrick_Henry
06-13-2008, 01:58 PM
"no one is suprised that people donate to a political campaign in the hopes of recieving some special favor if the candidate wins. I was quite suprised, on the other hand, at how many would donate, volunteer, and vote in the pursuit of nothing other than freedom, and the prosperity it naturally brings."

I almost cried when I read this line in the book.

Truth Warrior
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
My last signature quote is a favorite of mine. ;)

Spirit of '76
06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
"We do not have to live in this kind of America." pg 67

Supporters of war and empire come from both political parties...

pg 26

This message is popular, and it is based on American security, fiscal sanity, and common sense.

pg 39

As I have said, the government does not own you- and neither does it own your children. pg 133

"No wonder frustrated Americans have begun referring to our two parties as the Republicrats." p.4

"our government's foreign policy has put the American people in greater danger and made us more vulnerable to attack than we would otherwise have been" p. 16

These are all excellent, concise quotes for billboard/poster purposes.

Joey Wahoo
07-15-2008, 09:30 AM
“Mine is an ‘isolationist’ position only to those who believe that the world’s peoples can interact with each other only through their governments, or only through the intermediary of a supranational bureaucracy.”

Joey Wahoo
07-15-2008, 09:34 AM
“...the soul-killing logic of the welfare state: somebody else is doing it for me. I don’t need to give of myself, since a few scribbles on a tax form fulfill my responsibility toward my fellow man.”

gilliganscorner
07-17-2008, 05:56 AM
You guys are incredibly lucky to have someone like Ron Paul.

I am Canadian, and I have just finished reading the book. I have ordered copies for my friends. This book should be MANDATORY reading in high school along with the Constitution.

Too bad the statists won't allow it, preferring us to study Shakespeare and fart around with "Piggy and the Conch" (Lord of the Flies). Don't get me wrong, these are classics of literature, but it is cerebral recreational reading. Not so the Manifesto.

Hell, if it were up to me, I would like to see the Manifesto and the US Constitution taught in Canadian schools, so kids would understand what a REAL constitution looks like, not the horrific socialist one we got in 1982. Our Constitution doesn't even recognize property rights for individuals!

Your Constitution was born out of rebellion and freedom from the British yoke. Ours was born out of apathy, statism, and support of the British yoke (the BNA act was our "constitution" prior to the pablum we got in 1982).

Hey, since you guys are not using your Constitution anymore, can Canada have it? ;) Yours rocks. Ours blows.

FindLiberty
07-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Your Constitution was born out of rebellion and freedom from the British yoke. Ours was born out of apathy, statism, and support of big government.

Yours rocks. Ours blows.

;-)

gilliganscorner
07-17-2008, 06:06 AM
;-)

Whoops, I was editing my post again when you posted. Sorry!

qh4dotcom
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM

I am Canadian, and I have just finished reading the book. I have ordered copies for my friends. This book should be MANDATORY reading in high school along with the Constitution.

Too bad the statists won't allow it, preferring us to study Shakespeare and fart around with "Piggy and the Conch" (Lord of the Flies). Don't get me wrong, these are classics of literature, but it is cerebral recreational reading. Not so the Manifesto.

Hell, if it were up to me, I would like to see the Manifesto and the US Constitution taught in Canadian schools, so kids would understand what a REAL constitution looks like, not the horrific socialist one we got in 1982. Our Constitution doesn't even recognize property rights for individuals!

Your Constitution was born out of rebellion and freedom from the British yoke. Ours was born out of apathy, statism, and support of the British yoke (the BNA act was our "constitution" prior to the pablum we got in 1982).

Hey, since you guys are not using your Constitution anymore, can Canada have it? ;) Yours rocks. Ours blows.

You're absolutely right and thank you for telling all the people you know about it...and since you like the book so much, how about getting it personally signed by Ron Paul? He'll be doing that on September 1st in Minneapolis. There are also people on Ebay selling books with Ron Paul's signature.

hillertexas
08-19-2011, 07:34 AM
I was searching for a quote this morning and stumbled upon this old thread....though I would bump it. Damn, Ron is awesome.