PDA

View Full Version : Everyone buy the book

azygous420
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I think everyone who supports Ron Paul should buy his book, The Revolution: A Manifesto. If you buy it and read it you support Ron Paul financially and you gain the ability to argue for him with a deep understanding of his positions and where he is coming from on the issues. Also in the event he were to lose we can keep these ideas in mind and spread the message of liberty as well as know what it takes to run a government correctly. Citizens who want freedom need to be informed on what is stopping us from getting there and what we will see as a result of freedom. Knowledge is power that the government can't ever take away.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Um, thank you Captain Obvious :)

And Ron Paul has already won.

BTW, you'd be VERY hard pressed to find anyone here that doesn't own MULTIPLE copies of The Revolution.

azygous420
05-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Wu Tang!

RP4EVER
05-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Im one of the few that has one copy; but thats beacuse I am broke.....I shall be passing on the R3VOLUTION

rational thinker
05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
ICanHazManifesto?

Fields
05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
ICanHazManifesto?

We need a cat for that one. :D

Nate SY
05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
lol, I'm also one of the few people who only has one copy. But as soon as I get some more cash I'll get another one (or four). Those books are like magic though, mine's being read by its fourth person right now and has changed the way all the people who read it think.

forsmant
05-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I also only have on copy. I will be keeping it thank you.

Suzu
05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I bought two copies and gave one away. Then I got a call from the lady I gave it to, wanting three more. Then she called again wanting four more. I should have bought a case or two, because I have the feeling this is just the beginning. One of the copies she asked for will go to the chairman of our county Republican committee....

dannno
05-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I gave one to my mom for mother's day. She looked at the back and said, "Your grandpa voted for Barry Goldwater!"

Bruno
05-11-2008, 03:38 PM
One for me, which my wife is now starting, and one I sent to a friend who was happily surprised. Both copies will get passed on multiple times.

I'd be happy to donate another couple of copies if anyone gets the delegate book bomb going.

sidster
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I bought two copies and gave one away. Then I got a call from the lady I gave it to, wanting three more. Then she called again wanting four more. I should have bought a case or two, because I have the feeling this is just the beginning. One of the copies she asked for will go to the chairman of our county Republican committee....

Keep this bumped!

I plan on looking into getting a case of these books. At minimum I want
to make sure the few libraries in my city and neighboring ones get a
couple of copies each.

Next, I think I want to look into seeing how I can get the rest of copies
donated and sent over seas to our troops!

Anyone interested in joining me with this latter project? I don't know yet
what might be involved in getting books to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If you know more about this I'd appreciate some hints/info (PM me)

RonPaulVolunteer
05-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, we need to get it into the hands of the troops!

CurtisLow
05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll buy one for my local library.

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I have 2
As soon as revolutionbymail.com comes out and gets going - i will probably be buying more to donate

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Don't forget to stamp them, we are getting a stamp people can buy to stamp their copies as well as if they get them through Revolution By Mail they will come pre-stamped and have a revolution march flyer inside the book as well.

We need to make sure and get the point across that after you read this book you need to then give it to a friend or loved one to read. This will keep the chain MOVING and not leave the manifesto on thousands of bookshelves doing nothing.

It's a well written book even for those who dislike ron paul, I see it getting read and discussed anywhere we can get it.

Libraries, doctors offices, mechanics, college campus, book clubs, book stores there really are so many places we can get it. We just need to make sure and stress, read it but then give it to another person so they too can learn.

I wonder if adding a list of libraries to the Revolution By Mail site later on down the road would be beneficial. Can we mail books to libraries and them simply place them into circulation? If so then that might be a beneficial effort.

I also really enjoyed the hotel/motel idea that has been floating around.

sidster
05-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't forget to stamp them, we are getting a stamp people can buy to stamp their copies as well as if they get them through Revolution By Mail they will come pre-stamped and have a revolution march flyer inside the book as well.

stamp? Can you tell me more about what the purpose this "stamp" is?

kigol
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Um, thank you Captain Obvious :)

And Ron Paul has already won.

BTW, you'd be VERY hard pressed to find anyone here that doesn't own MULTIPLE copies of The Revolution.

hahah :cool:

spacehabitats
05-11-2008, 05:47 PM
We've got one audio CD and four book copies
Awesome book.
Give one to your local library, school library, friends, neighbors, enemies (just kidding).
It is the gift that keeps on giving!

westmich4paul
05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
We've got one audio CD and four book copies
Awesome book.
Give one to your local library, school library, friends, neighbors, enemies (just kidding).
It is the gift that keeps on giving!

I have purchased one copy for my local library, one for my public school library, and one for the charter school library, and each time I gave it to the librarian and told him/her that this book will be a number one best seller shortly so maybe you could promininatly display it so people will know you have it! The young voters are the ones who especially need to hear the message of freedom to spread Ron's message far into the future. This is our duty, our responsiblility, our calling to spread the message of the good Docter to everyone out there that thinks hisor her Govt is broken. They can read this and nowe finally see it can and will be fixed.

erin moore
05-11-2008, 06:41 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg245/eemoor03/revocat.jpg

Dorfsmith
05-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I only bought one so far but I plan on buying a bunch more. I'm waiting for my local Hastings store to get more in stock but they say there is a about a two week wait :rolleyes: I told them to order a bunch of copies right before the book came out but they think I'm the crazy Ron Paul guy so they didn't listen to me. The local Barnes And Noble is sold out too.

dealerjim
05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Went to the local Books-A-Million today and low & behold, they didn't have a single copy. I asked one of the salespeople if they could see if they were going to get some in soon. The guy had never heard of the book or even the author. Once he looked it up, he said that if I wanted a copy, they would have to order me one and it would be $23. I said, first off, why would you order just 1 copy when it's a best seller. The guy said that if he'd never even heard of the author that it couldn't be a best seller. He was shocked when I told him he was running for the republican nomination for President of the United States. Oh well, guess I'll order from Amazon...:cool:

NightOwl
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Went to the local Books-A-Million today and low & behold, they didn't have a single copy. I asked one of the salespeople if they could see if they were going to get some in soon. The guy had never heard of the book or even the author. Once he looked it up, he said that if I wanted a copy, they would have to order me one and it would be $23. I said, first off, why would you order just 1 copy when it's a best seller. The guy said that if he'd never even heard of the author that it couldn't be a best seller. He was shocked when I told him he was running for the republican nomination for President of the United States. Oh well, guess I'll order from Amazon...:cool:

He would have been even more shocked if you told him he had the #1 bestseller on the NYT.

Conza88
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
He would have been even more shocked if you told him he had the #1 bestseller on the NYT.

Damn straight.

spacehabitats
05-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I have purchased one copy for my local library, one for my public school library, and one for the charter school library, and each time I gave it to the librarian and told him/her that this book will be a number one best seller shortly so maybe you could promininatly display it so people will know you have it! The young voters are the ones who especially need to hear the message of freedom to spread Ron's message far into the future. This is our duty, our responsiblility, our calling to spread the message of the good Docter to everyone out there that thinks hisor her Govt is broken. They can read this and nowe finally see it can and will be fixed.

This book rocks! Its like a political Rorschach inkblot test. If this doesn't grab your cerebral hemispheres, then you weren't going to respond to anything short of intensive de-programming.

pinkmandy
05-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Suzu, that's fantastic!

Maybe meetups should rent tables at festivals, flea markets and give away copies?

Paulite
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
where can i buy the book online with the fastest shipping date

pinkmandy
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM

They're backed up until July at Amazon. Might want to try Barnes and Noble?

NightOwl
05-11-2008, 11:43 PM

Yes, as someone else said, Barnes and Noble is your best bet, since it ships in 24 hours. Obviously, it isn't actually going to take Amazon until July 16 to get the book as they're stupidly claiming, but better to just go with Barnes and Noble at this point. Might as well punish Amazon for draining the momentum out of Dr. Paul's book with their ridiculous, absurd predictions. No major publisher would take over two months to get them books. It's a quirk in their system, and they deserve to lose sales for it.

The Good Doctor
05-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I bought the Revolution and the Foreign Policy book from Amazon for $25.12! That means free shipping! Woo Hoo! :D

I think everyone who supports Ron Paul should buy his book, The Revolution: A Manifesto. If you buy it and read it you support Ron Paul financially and you gain the ability to argue for him with a deep understanding of his positions and where he is coming from on the issues. Also in the event he were to lose we can keep these ideas in mind and spread the message of liberty as well as know what it takes to run a government correctly. Citizens who want freedom need to be informed on what is stopping us from getting there and what we will see as a result of freedom. Knowledge is power that the government can't ever take away.