PDA

View Full Version : No Ron Paul? No Vote from me.

raymel1
05-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Yes, It's THAT Simple.:(

Kludge
05-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Too bad for you and your philosophy's purpose. Voting sends out a message - no matter how insignificant.

Libertarian Ideals
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
"Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it." - Ludwig von Mises

The cloud of bleakness lifts when I actively promote freedom.

Your vote can be meaningful, but what is more meaningful is getting the word out. :)

LibertyRevolution
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Please either write in Ron Paul, or vote for a 3rd party. Use you vote to let them know we are not going to take this Republicrat shit any longer.

squandertime
05-11-2008, 05:52 PM
you have to vote in order to go to your precinct caucus, which then will allow you go to the county's convention (which you can get on the resolution committee, or credentials committee, ect) then you go to the state convention- where you will vote to send national delegates who support ron paul- even though ron paul isnt on the ballot in the state your national delegates can still be effective for paul at the national convention.

right??

never surrender- find a way to make this work!!

for liberty!

rob

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
well i think mr. deconti looks like a clown

anonymous6728
05-11-2008, 11:39 PM

When you have blind faith in your heroes, you either end up broken or dead.

CorkyAgain
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Too bad for you and your philosophy's purpose. Voting sends out a message - no matter how insignificant.

Writing in Ron Paul, voting for Bob Barr, and voting for Chuck Baldwin all send essentially the same message as not voting. It's the only message that will be heard -- if it will be heard at all -- namely that we don't support the candidates of the major parties.

Myself, I live in a solidly Democrat city (Lake Forest Park) in a solidly-Democrat county (King) of a solidly Democrat state (WA). My vote will almost certainly be swamped into complete insignificance by the D's. Moreover, the R's don't see my state or county as being "in play", so they're unlikely to be scrutinizing its results for any message I might be sending them.

So f*** it. I'll find something else to do.

Crickett
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Here is the thing..you HAVE to vote. You have to figure out a way to vote for RP, or Chuck Baldwin or whoever, and here is why. Pick which scenario sends a message.

The waitress in the restaurant is horrible. She ruins your whole meal so you don't leave a tip.

The waitress in the restaurant is horrible. She ruins your whole meal so you leave a 1 cent tip.

In the first scenario, you could have forgotten, or maybe you just never tip..
In the second, you sent her a message..oh yeah you tip, just she ain't worth 2 cents.
Anyway, I think you get the basic idea..to send a message you need to vote ..3rd, 4th, 5th party or a comedian of your choice....

OptionsTrader
05-27-2008, 05:03 PM
How about Spanky? He's a libertarian comedian.

CorkyAgain
05-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Here is the thing..you HAVE to vote. You have to figure out a way to vote

The waitress in the restaurant is horrible. She ruins your whole meal so you don't leave a tip.

The waitress in the restaurant is horrible. She ruins your whole meal so you leave a 1 cent tip.

Here's the more apt analogy:

The waitress is horrible, but most of the customers think she has great legs and leave big tips in hopes of getting her into the sack. She makes so much money from them that she doesn't notice or care whether you left a tip or not.

See, the root of the problem is that you're laboring under the false idea that what you think is important to them.

And a penny saved is a penny earned. ;)

Bradley in DC
05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Writing in Ron Paul, voting for Bob Barr, and voting for Chuck Baldwin all send essentially the same message as not voting. It's the only message that will be heard -- if it will be heard at all -- namely that we don't support the candidates of the major parties.

Myself, I live in a solidly Democrat city (Lake Forest Park) in a solidly-Democrat county (King) of a solidly Democrat state (WA). My vote will almost certainly be swamped into complete insignificance by the D's. Moreover, the R's don't see my state or county as being "in play", so they're unlikely to be scrutinizing its results for any message I might be sending them.

So f*** it. I'll find something else to do.

I'll see your allegedly "solidly Democratic state" and raise you a DC--then you'll know what "solidly Democratic" means. We Republicans are 8% of the voters "statewide". What you don't seem to get is that as far as influencing the Republican Party--and punishing them for not nominating Ron Paul--your one vote will have a more noticeable effect. Cherish your opportunity--vote for Barr, or Baldwin if he suits you better and is on the ballot there, if you want to further the rEVOLution.

CorkyAgain
05-27-2008, 08:27 PM
What you don't seem to get is that as far as influencing the Republican Party--and punishing them for not nominating Ron Paul--your one vote will have a more noticeable effect.

You're right, I don't understand your logic.

If anyone has an opportunity to get a message through the thick heads of the Republican establishment, it's people who are in what are normally GOP strongholds. When they lose those districts, maybe they'll sit up and take notice.

But when they lose where they expected to lose anyway, they'll simply shrug and not give it a second thought.

OTOH, if they call you up and say, "Brad! Why did you vote for Barr instead of our man McCain?!? How can we get you back?" do let us know, OK? ;)

porcupine
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM

If you want to have some peopel worth voting for, come to New Hampshire and join your fellow libertarian revolutionaries who are getting elected to office. Hey, maybe you can even vote for yourself :D

christagious
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM
How about Spanky? He's a libertarian comedian.

Doug Stanhope is too.

nobody's_hero
06-06-2008, 07:07 AM
For myself, this election has always been about looking to get out of this horrible 2-party binopoly which has perverted our Constitution and pulls the toilet handle to flush away our country.

If Ron Paul is not eligible for write-in votes in GA, I will vote 3rd-party. But I strongly feel that Ron Paul deserves my vote the most, as he has been very influential in prompting me to lose the apathy and get involved in fighting for my rights.

countrykidz4freedom
06-06-2008, 07:50 AM
If Ron Paul is not eligible for write-in votes in GA, I will vote 3rd-party. But I strongly feel that Ron Paul deserves my vote the most, as he has been very influential in prompting me to lose the apathy and get involved in fighting for my rights.
_________
I feel the same, actually I can hardly stand the thought of voting for anyone but Ron Paul, because he is the only one I whole-heartedly agree with, but we must make a stand, and hopefully many others will join us.

hillbilly123069
06-07-2008, 04:33 PM
That's 1 less vote to stop McWar or "no guns' Obama.