PDA

View Full Version : Reports From The AZ Convention

humanic
05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I do not live in AZ, but I was just reading some very interesting reports over at Daily Paul from people who were at the AZ convention that I thought I'd share:

Well, I went as a delegate to the AZ State GOP convention today. There were a lot of Ron Paul supporters. I was impressed. We were instructed to just keep to ourselves and mingle. We did not create any kind of commotion and no one knew who the Ron Paul people were because we blended in.

We had a slate that everyone knew was our slate. BUT the neocons killed us. How? They had a McCain slate and they pushed it every time they got a chance. I mean every person who got up and spoke (starting with Jon Kyl, our other senator) pushed the McCain slate as the one to vote for. "Those are the true Republicans, blah, blah, blah." This went on when we split up to go to our own congressional delegate rooms. Then, it got worse. When we went back in to vote for delegates and alternates at large, the head of AZ GOP again advertised their slate. He even had another one that was updated and made sure it was handed out. Some people tried to call "Point of Order." These weren't even Ron Paul people but they knew the rules. They were shut down.

So, the vote went on. And guess who got all of the slots? Of course, the McCain slate. The lemmings went right off the cliff following after. I was so disgusted and ashamed. I thought "how can Americans think this is a democratic form of voting?" This was a dictatorship. We were told who to vote for so everyone did. I believe RP got about 40% but that wasn't enough.

So, we will have to fight and become PCs. They are who eventually run the party. In order to do that, you all have to become involved. This is not just a battle, this is a war.

Oh, and one more thing. I was totally disgusted that my senator who is running for president didn't even have the decency to show up at our convention. Jon Kyl had to do it for him. That is pathetic.

It was a calm convention. Calm, very calm. All the delegates arrived around 8am, signed in, got branded our names with neckties, then walked through the process, just like well feed cattle walking into new hallways, turning left, then right, down corridors, and then given the electric prod so fast given the "Purple Paper Slate" entitled "Unity McCain 08" suddenly was "what we are supposed to do". On the Purple Paper was all the McCain vetted loyalists. Top Brass, big donors delegates, etc. What was shocking as we, the walking dead delegates did not do. There was NOT ONE Ron Paul Peep, not one Ron Paul cheer, nothing was heard..... No Romney Rummblings, noone giving it up for Huck. Nothing, just a lot of feet shuffling back and forth, like cattle being processes for the slaughter. The "Unity 08 ticket was all about McCain's people and voting as told. We RP delegates got our names out and passed out our "Consensus Slate" orange & yellow fliers with our delegate names..... but word was quickly spread down the hallways as the delegate cattle Moood passed -----"the PURPLE Paper Slate was the "REAL one to vote for".

And they did. They went back into their CD, room by room, the cattle just moood what they were expected to do. No discussion,---why?--Rules Committee said their is no time for it--- no campaigning as an individual delegate to your CD district before the vote---why? ---Rules committee says there is no time for it. "Question, does everyone have a Purple Slate of Delegates?" "Yes?, "Ok, you can beging voting".

Was the vote counted by machine and was the ballots counted accurately? Maricopa County has it down, its the best. It was accurate as heck. No need to be "funny" when delegate cattle just MOooooo their way down hallways, debate nothing, think nothing, and do what one is told. It was odd. It was stepford wives-ish. It was wierd. I went to chat to a Duncan Hunter fan, a Romney Fanatic, a Huckabee devotee....just months earlier they were these things before SUPER TUESDAY. Why show up? Just to go through the motions I guess....don't call it representitive democracy....for that to occur you must have opinions....these cattle had it bread out of them.

Today these moooo delegates just put a line next to each name found on the Purple Paper Slate.... the McCain Slate of vetted delegates.

If they wanted to know who....WHO where the Ron Paul delegates, they now have been handed our Consensus Slate. They know who we are.

But here is the thing a RonPaul delegate and long time LP member told me...He said, "500"..... Five Hundred Precinct Committeeman for Ron Paul and we would own this convention. We would vote ourselves into the Rules Committe, the Cridentials Committee, the Platform Committe, and even vote a moderator and new President. You see that Republican? He won with just 402 votes".

I said, "is 500 Ron Paul delegates or PC's even possible?"

He said, "Sure the hell is. To become a PC and then delegate, all one must do is get 15 signatures from other friendly Republican sheep... never talk politics even, just say you are republican looking to help and you want to work for the party, please sign this so I can be a PC."

I said, "How many RP PC's do we have?"

He said, "209 I think"

I said, "And how many went to their CD meetings and went on to vote themselves as an Arizona State Delegate like you and I did?"

He said, "We have 62 Ron Paul State Delegates here. 62 bulls. 62 bulls seeking just 50 open slots, and 900 brainless cattle voting the Purple Paper Slate, the McCain slate, everyone just doing just as they have been told."

And I said, "And look at them, former Romney people, Huckalberries, even Ducan Hunter guys. Look at them, they are all happy and proud of what they are doing. They are dutifully pushing the McCain delegates and not even getting ONE of thier own in. The McCain clan here is like, just 35% at best, there are plenty here that where never for McCain. Is that 'uniting the party factions?'"

He said, "Next time I will bring 500 Ron Paul delegates. I will out vote everyone. The remaining 400 republican delegates will then turn into cattle. They will all moooo their way into voting for our pre-selected delegate list. Thats how the system works. Thats how I am going to stick it to the Republican Party."

There was ONE good thing that came from all of this, after the 50 state delegates all for McCain where dutifully voted on by the cattle......most of the cattle then left at 3:30 pm...and then Jeff Greenspan got a 100% vote for a Republican Platform blank to be 100% against Real Id act.

I will leave you with that.

Treg/Tempe AZ

I had forgotten, until I was talking with my wife about the day, that I overheard a conversation between two guests of the convention while I was sitting in the rear of the convention. It went a little like this:

Man 1: "I've only seen one person with any Ron Paul stuff on today"
Man 2: "Yeah, they're pretty weak..."
Man 1: "I'd say so"
Man 2: "Well put it this way, They talk the talk, and we walk the walk"
both laughing...

I bit my tongue because both men looked to have seen better days before their years of brainwashing at the hands of the GOP and the MSM. And although they weren't delegates, their support was for all those lemmings who walked that walk right over the edge.

If you don't become a PC, pledge to tell at least one person a day about Ron Paul. I'm known in my office as the guy who'll talk politics. Some people may not like it and others may pick fun at me for it, but I'll be the butt of a joke any day as long as my actions and words make someone step back and generate an original thought. I don't argue, I just present facts. That's what really goads people, makes them mad, and makes them think. Please remember that we are fighting for hearts and minds here, in the USA. We are the antidote to the neo-con and Democrat poison. Spill out yourself and help heal the people.

Assert Your Authority

I decided to look at it as a "learning experience" and not get too upset. The Party and the "McCane" people had it locked up tight. We simply didn't have the numbers to do anything. I think the closest we got to a delegate was one alternate who got 55 votes and it would have taken 80 in our Congressional District to make it to MPS. I think Jeff did as much as he could. He knew we didn't have the horses to get the job done. That's our fault more than his.

About 25 of us went to a local bar afterwards (best part of the day actually). To a person we agreed to work harder at recruiting PC's. The guy who is state party chairman won in December by 4 votes! There were only about 600 at that convention. Today there were about 950 delegates credentialed, and the state is authorized to about 1,200. PC slots go begging in most of the 30 legislative districts. We've got to get more people. Get them on issues, not on personalities. McCane's people will be out recruting too, but we've got to do a better job of it than the Neocons do. One of our PC's offered to keep a statewide list of RP PC's in every LD so we can work together and help each other...and just as importantly, so we can know what kind of numbers we're building.

My wife, also a delegate today, was discussed by all the "sheeple" there today. Most of the delegates had no clue who to vote for. They just waited for McCane's people (the Party people one and the same), to run off revised slates and then they voted them top to bottom. They even wasted time at the convention, saying it was taking more time than usual to count the votes....funny, just as soon as the delegate winners were announced McCane's people were up and down the isles with a revised printed sheet telling everyone who to vote for for alternates. Sickening....

The Party people and all the speakers were so smug and arrogant. They did not make one overture to anyone, just McCain (oops) McCane, McCane. Not one other GOP candidate was mentioned all day...not one, just some Obama/Hillary bashing, though they are certainly focusing on Obama. Let's see how they cover their asses after the election when the GOP loses even more House and Senates seats AND the Presidency. I'm afraid our country has to go further down before enough people start thinking for themselves and looking for the right answer, rather than just doing as good little people are told.

Good descriptions of the day. But I am determined to continue as a pc and get others to do the same. I overheard, three different times, RP people being referred to as "RP freaks." It made me realize how ignorant these people really are.

Looking back, I agree. I'm not so sure being "stealth" was such a good thing. Joining in, being responsible members, coming prepared to educate those that were there who were sheep. (and God only knows there were enough of them) I would venture that most don't know a damn thing about Ron Paul. They did what they were told and they BELIEVED WHAT THEY WERE TOLD ABOUT RON PAUL AND THOSE OF US WHO BELIEVE IN THE SAME IDEALS. It was OUR job to educate THEM

Well, the votes have been taken. It is now time to go back and start educating them and every other person we encounter. Let's also be real. RP is also 72. He can't do this forever. We need to take this IDEA to all the people. We need to worry less about R's and D's and promote the saving of the We's....We the People.

Source: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/48678

AJ Antimony
05-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Each day I find myself more and more curious why we're bothering with the Republican party.

ronpaulhawaii
05-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Looking back, I agree. I'm not so sure being "stealth" was such a good thing. Joining in, being responsible members, coming prepared to educate...

r3VOLutions are never easy, nor pleasant, my thanks to those in the trenches today

ronpaulhawaii
05-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Each day I find myself more and more curious why we're bothering with the Republican party.

Because it is the wisest course...

Join The Paul Side
05-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Looking back, I agree. I'm not so sure being "stealth" was such a good thing. Joining in, being responsible members, coming prepared to educate...

I was one that thought stealth was the way to go. I guess it just depends on the circumstances. If they don't know you are a RP Supporter and think you are a party hack and will vote for you on their slate, by all means keep quiet and stay in stealth mode.

But if we're better organized and can identify our own people inside the convention, we may clearly see if we have the numbers to take the convention over.

Just a thought. :cool:

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
We will soon get the manifesto into the hands of ALL of these delegates. Whether they want to wake up or not we will give the information to HOPEFULLY wake up and finally rally behind the constitution as the republican party should.

We should not even have democracy, we are a republic....

Conza88
05-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Thanks for posting this1!

nc4rp
05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
GoP does at times seem like a cross between pre-school, an old folks home, nazi germany, and soviet union.

Why do we bother? because Ron Paul does.

AdamT
05-11-2008, 09:12 AM
GoP does at times seem like a cross between pre-school, an old folks home, nazi germany, and soviet union.

LOL so true.