PDA

View Full Version : If McCain looks like such a bad candidate by the convention...?

Knightskye
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Like, if the polls say 74% Obama, 20% McCain around August, do you think that would change the delegates' minds enough to abstain from voting, or :eek: voting for Dr. Paul?

rp08orbust
05-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Like, if the polls say 74% Obama, 20% McCain around August, do you think that would change the delegates' minds enough to abstain from voting, or :eek: voting for Dr. Paul?

I doubt it, but it might cause more Republicans at the convention and at home to listen to Ron Paul's message that he will hopefully be delivering at the convention.

Kotin
05-10-2008, 10:05 PM
even Chris Matthews said it the other night, once the democrats have a nominee, the media will pounce on McCain.

its going to be a long summer for him, and a revolutionary one for us.

nate895
05-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I think we might find ineligible to be the nominee by the convention.

yongrel
05-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Ain't happening.

josephadel_3
05-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I think Ron would have a hard time against Obama. Ron Paul is almost too smart for America.

westmich4paul
05-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I think thats why the Democrats are taking so long at picking a candidate. I mean think about it, if the media just cranks it up on McCainand he buckles which we all know will happen the Republicans will be forced to pick a stronger candidate. This is not what the Dems want I am sure they are just fine with having McInsane to go up against.

TastyWheat
05-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I think you make a very good observation Knightskye. The GOP is actually supporting and sucking up to McCain because the polls say he's their best shot for the presidency. If the polls start showing McCain as a disaster waiting to happen I think we'd see a lot of party loyalists looking for another pony. Sure, they might pull out Romney or Huckabee instead of Paul, but seriously, McCain is the LAST republican candidate I want to win the nomination. Yes, Rudy was way better than McCain!

wowabunga
05-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Reverse viewpoint: What if we make Ron Paul look like a great candidate?

"Word of Mouth" is the greatest medium that has ever existed and if we each of the million Ron Paul voters coverts 5 people this month, they convert 5 next month... and then some more by the end of summer our fortunes will have changed.

Seems like too few on this message board care to consider that we need to win the hearts and minds of the populace. ( that's what Jefferson recommends ).

The One
05-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Bad news, guys......Within the GOP, McCain only looks like a bad candidate to us. The rest of the GOP is climbing on board with him.:(

constituent
05-11-2008, 09:37 AM
no, the repugs. running the show now are friggin' worthless and chomping at the bit to coronet their next little dictator (excluding a very small few).

Knightskye
05-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Honestly, I think Ron would have a hard time against Obama. Ron Paul is almost too smart for America.

He'd have a hard time because he's too smart?

Bad news, guys......Within the GOP, McCain only looks like a bad candidate to us. The rest of the GOP is climbing on board with him.

I'm talking about the polls. If it looks like a landslide win for Obama.

winston_blade
05-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Bad news, guys......Within the GOP, McCain only looks like a bad candidate to us. The rest of the GOP is climbing on board with him.:(

That's simply not true. Most people really don't like the guy in the GOP. The only reason they are supporting him is because he is the lesser of two evils.

The One
05-11-2008, 09:44 AM
That's simply not true. Most people really don't like the guy in the GOP. The only reason they are supporting him is because he is the lesser of two evils.

Oh really??? Then why is it that out of the 10 Republicans who ran for the nomination, McCain appears to have won? Is it because people disliked him so much that they voted for him????:confused:

The One
05-11-2008, 09:48 AM

I'm talking about the polls. If it looks like a landslide win for Obama.

I see what you're saying, but that ain't gonna happen. The polls will be relatively close.....55-45 would be a worst case scenario for McCain. Republicans will vote for McCain......Democrats will vote for Obama. The general public has been trained.

josephadel_3
05-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Yes. Most people need dumbed down rhetoric that sounds smart but isn't and that's exactly what Obama offerss. Lots of Ron's ideas like getting rid of the income tax, for example, sound crazy to people who don't understand or who do no research, which is why we need to convert people daily. When I say Ron would have a hard time, I don't necessarily mean that he would have a hard time debating (he is an excellent debater) but rather his ideas are too "out there" for idiot America. Again, we have a lot of work to do.

I agree it's going to be a landslide win for Obama.

acroso
05-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Dump McCan while there's still time.....
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/toon020508.jpg

Knightskye
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes. Most people need dumbed down rhetoric that sounds smart but isn't and that's exactly what Obama offerss. Lots of Ron's ideas like getting rid of the income tax, for example, sound crazy to people who don't understand or who do no research, which is why we need to convert people daily. When I say Ron would have a hard time, I don't necessarily mean that he would have a hard time debating (he is an excellent debater) but rather his ideas are too "out there" for idiot America. Again, we have a lot of work to do.

I think I get what you're saying. "Change we can believe in", "No more brownie incompetence, no more Karl Rove justice."

He's chock-full of buzz words. I still think Paul would do better against Obama than MccCain would.

Hahahahaha. :D

wowabunga
05-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Have heard the main stream media already describing McCain "as the popular John McCain" in a recent news segment... gosh darn I don't remember what channel.

acroso
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM
John the Lesser

TastyWheat
05-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I still agree with knightskye. They're backing him for the sake of a gop win, and they'll leave him if they think he can't deliver.

ChickenHawk
05-11-2008, 11:49 PM
McCain will destroy Obama (or Clinton for that matter). The only reason Obama is polling so well against McCain is because the GOP isn't very popular right now. If the party preference polling was close between the GOP and the Dems Obama would be down by 20 points.

Even though I will not vote for McCain I still believe he is the best (as in most electable) candidate that has received (presumptively anyway) a major party nomination in decades. Unless there is a strong independent or third party candidate or something huge happens between now and November McCain will carry 40+ states. You heard it here first.

haaaylee
05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh really??? Then why is it that out of the 10 Republicans who ran for the nomination, McCain appears to have won? Is it because people disliked him so much that they voted for him????:confused:

everyone else's bad points were pointed out while mccain just looked old. a lot of mccain's supporters now originally supported people who dropped out. they are disapointed he's the last choice, but feel they have no option as republicans but to support their party's nominee. it's like keeping that shitty job you hate 'cos you know you need a job and can't find anything better that pays more.

Broadlighter
05-12-2008, 02:15 AM
The other day I listened to Michael Medved, Neo-Con tool that he is, who seems to think an Obama nomination would bode well for McCain. Obama's polling shows a lot of strength among Democrats with higher education and Blacks, while Clinton polled strongly with White working class Dems, aka, the Reagan Democrats.

The Neo-Cons believe that McCain will get the Reagan Democrat voters and make Obama look like another George McGovern. I have a feeling that what they are not counting on is the level of overall discontent with the Republican party. If Hillary concedes the nomination to Obama, her supporters will want to close ranks with him because they won't be able to stand the thought of the Republicans winning a third consecutive term.

And then, how much is this polling data manipulated by the poli-scientists? How much voter fraud do they have to commit to make their projections come true? They make it sound like they can predict everything, so they can present it to their partisan audience in a way that calms their fears. It's really sick if you ask me.

Join The Paul Side
05-12-2008, 02:31 AM
McCain will destroy Obama (or Clinton for that matter). The only reason Obama is polling so well against McCain is because the GOP isn't very popular right now. If the party preference polling was close between the GOP and the Dems Obama would be down by 20 points.

Even though I will not vote for McCain I still believe he is the best (as in most electable) candidate that has received (presumptively anyway) a major party nomination in decades. Unless there is a strong independent or third party candidate or something huge happens between now and November McCain will carry 40+ states. You heard it here first.

I think you're out of your mind.

When push comes to shove, come November, Americans will decide that they want the war ended and say NO to a third Bush term.

Obama and change is better than McCain and more of the same.

Real_CaGeD
05-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Now that Obama has the nomination wrapped up, one of his advisors is on Morning Joe and said they would strike training bases in Iran!

You know what? I see way to many here that are still trapped in the two party hoax they have been running on us.

Larry McDonald was the last Democrat, and Ron Paul is the last Republican.

kathy88
05-12-2008, 01:26 PM
The reason he gets so many votes is because probably 60% of the people who vote don't know the difference between the candidates. My parents were Republicans, I'm a Republican. The news says McCain, I'll vote McCain. Do you think the majority of EDUCATED CONCERVATIVE voters are pulling the lever for the talking walking tool? Not me. They don't know any better.

ClayTrainor
05-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Now that Obama has the nomination wrapped up, one of his advisors is on Morning Joe and said they would strike training bases in Iran!

You know what? I see way to many here that are still trapped in the two party hoax they have been running on us.

good thing ron paul is reproducing clones :)

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I still agree with knightskye. They're backing him for the sake of a gop win, and they'll leave him if they think he can't deliver.

Yeah, I'd bet if you asked Republicans why they supported McCain, one of their top reasons would be that he'll keep "those damn Liberals" out of the White House.

Tronchaser
05-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'd bet if you asked Republicans why they supported McCain, one of their top reasons would be that he'll keep "those damn Liberals" out of the White House.

I had this very same discussion with my parents yesterday. Both said the same exact thing. Hatred for liberals runs extremely high in Republican circles.

syborius
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM

I can't wait for the sheep to awake.. Should be fun to see their reaction to getting hood-winked yet again....

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I can't wait for the sheep to awake.. Should be fun to see their reaction to getting hood-winked yet again....

I'm sure they justified Bush by saying "Well, look at the guy." They can't do that for Obama. I'm with you, sybo. This could be crazy.

Broadlighter
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Anyone listen to Rush Limbaugh lately. He's got a candidate crush on Hillary! Must be that damn liberal McCain who drove him to it!

BIG_J
05-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Maybe we should all start hoarding obama polls; and when pollster's call us vote obama....that's a 6% swing right there for Obama...Of course we aren't voting for him...but we can get McCain's tits in a vice...

kaleidoscope eyes
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM

"Word of Mouth" is the greatest medium that has ever existed and if we each of the million Ron Paul voters coverts 5 people this month, they convert 5 next month... and then some more by the end of summer our fortunes will have changed.

Seems like too few on this message board care to consider that we need to win the hearts and minds of the populace. ( that's what Jefferson recommends ).

wowa, I love your attitude! And you are 100% right. ;)

Sandra
05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
One in four Republicans will NOT vote for McCain.

pappy
05-12-2008, 08:02 PM

know its uncouth but I can't help it ...

We don't need to worry about this. I don't think he can get his arm up that high!

:rolleyes:

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Well, not all of them supported Ron Paul. Watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y). So, what are we trying to convert them to?

wgadget
05-12-2008, 08:20 PM

I believe the alarm clock is starting to go off...right about now!

What with the discontent with politicians in BOTH parties, Ron Paul's book and the publicity we're getting for crashing the party...the time is now.

puppetmaster
05-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I think you make a very good observation Knightskye. The GOP is actually supporting and sucking up to McCain because the polls say he's their best shot for the presidency. If the polls start showing McCain as a disaster waiting to happen I think we'd see a lot of party loyalists looking for another pony. Sure, they might pull out Romney or Huckabee instead of Paul, but seriously, McCain is the LAST republican candidate I want to win the nomination. Yes, Rudy was way better than McCain!

Fact of the matter is they are on THE SAME TEAM!!

Why do we keep acting like the republican honchos care if a democrat wins....as long as it divides and conquers America.

Keep pushing folks and keep up the planning it is working!

Carole
05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks to Diebold.

Carole
05-12-2008, 11:17 PM
But McCain is a LIBERAL.

acroso
05-13-2008, 09:38 PM
McCain is a parasite. We need of get rid of him.

We're honestly better off with Obama at this point,

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/spathic101/toon020508.jpg

nodope0695
05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
No matter what, McCain will get his ass tromped by either Hillary or Obama. There is no way in hell the GOP will win the oval office. Even if McWar somehow dropped out (or keeled over dead), and RP took his place, the damage is done. GWB fucked things up so bad that it'll take years to recover the GOP, and get it back to its base. The sad fact is however, that not much will change when the Dems take over the whitehouse. Dems and Pubs are all cut from the same elitist ilk - and they all stand at odds with a Constitutionally run government of the people.

nodope0695
05-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Saddly, I must agree...however I will still be voting for RP, even if I have to write him in.

Knightskye
05-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Okay, I didn't understand the use of the elephant picture here.

acroso
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Why's that? McCain wants to finish the GOP off permanently.

nodope0695
05-13-2008, 09:51 PM

The GOP IS finished off...it is no longer what it used to be. The GOP is Rebublican only in name.

acroso
05-13-2008, 09:55 PM
The GOP IS finished off...it is no longer what it used to be. The GOP is Rebublican only in name.

I don't consider it quite dead yet. McCain is the deathblow.

josephadel_3
05-14-2008, 12:00 PM
How exactly will McCain destroy the GOP? It's already ruined. If anything, I think, he'll just piss off more conservatives and help out our movement.

LittleLightShining
05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Okay, I didn't understand the use of the elephant picture here.The elephant is the symbol of the GOP.

Knightskye
05-15-2008, 11:31 PM
The elephant is the symbol of the GOP.

He said: "We're better off with Obama, anyway," and then put up a picture of an elephant with a gun to his head, so I was confused.

But this cured my confusion:

idiom
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
McCain is starting to look like a really bad idea. Even to Hannity.

nodope0695
05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
McCain WON'T stand a chance against Obama....he ought to conceed now.

josephadel_3
05-16-2008, 12:07 AM
McCain WON'T stand a chance against Obama....he ought to conceed now.

Maybe. Frighteningly, I believe McCain will do better than we hope to think. Not that is matters, they are the same person. Obama is an interventionist, but at least he's not a war-monger like McCain. On domestic issues, they're all nightmares. Foreign policy: Obama's is the least offensive.

RP626
05-16-2008, 12:20 AM

I completely agree. We need to continue to mention Ron Paul's name to people. Then when these people are watching the republican convention debacle they will say, "You know what maybe this Ron Paul guy is worth voting for. Maybe John McCain isn't the best nominee."

Knightskye
05-16-2008, 01:38 AM
We need to continue to mention Ron Paul's name to people.

"I hate that kook."

Then when these people are watching the republican convention debacle they will say, "You know what maybe this Ron Paul guy is worth voting for. Maybe John McCain isn't the best nominee."

I just think anti-McCain is the better way to go.

RP626
05-16-2008, 03:14 PM

I completely agree. We need to continue to mention Ron Paul's name to people. Then when these people are watching the republican convention debacle they will say, "You know what maybe this Ron Paul guy is worth voting for. Maybe John McCain isn't the best nominee."

Knightskye
05-17-2008, 12:16 AM

Dude, you posted the same comment twice.

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Dude, you posted the same comment twice.

Maybe he's a single-issue voter hoping for marijuana decriminalization ;)