05-10-2008, 11:17 PM
DailyPaul thread:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/48678

evilfunnystuff
05-11-2008, 10:01 AM
AZ GOP elects half its national convention delegates
News more>>
The Digital Switch - February 17, 2009
The switch does not mean you need an HDTV! This link can answer all of your DTV questions.
Support Spring Training in Tucson
Spring training as we know it is threatened. Use this link to learn how to support the national pastime in our own backyard.
Mother's Day Makeover: Keesha Turner
Mother's Day Makeover: Kelly Parker
Mother's Day Makeover: Robin Teheri
Major drug seizures at the commercial port of entry in Nogales are causing federal officers to reinvent the way they do business.
Monsoon victim home after 2 years
Restaurant Report Card
Facebook puts new safeguards in place
Local group calling for foreclosure help

Associated Press - May 10, 2008 4:44 PM ET

MESA, Ariz. (AP) - Republican activists elected the first half of the Arizonans who will serve as delegates to the national GOP convention.

Most of the 24 delegates elected Saturday were from the slate of candidates assembled by party officials and supporters of presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain. The second half of delegates were scheduled to be elected later in the day.

Some conservative Republicans who are critical of McCain are seeking delegate spots. The critics include the southwest regional coordinator for Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

Arizona GOP Chairman Randy Pullen says all political parties have some dissension in their ranks, but he says he's confident the state's delegates to the national convention in St. Paul, Minn., will support McCain.

On the Net:

Arizona Republican Party: http://www.azgop.org/

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

AZ GOP Convention a farce - Don't you guys care about this?
Posted May 11th, 2008 by healthnut4freedom

Well, I went as a delegate to the AZ State GOP convention today. There were a lot of Ron Paul supporters. I was impressed. We were instructed to just keep to ourselves and mingle. We did not create any kind of commotion and no one knew who the Ron Paul people were because we blended in.

We had a slate that everyone knew was our slate. BUT the neocons killed us. How? They had a McCain slate and they pushed it every time they got a chance. I mean every person who got up and spoke (starting with Jon Kyl, our other senator) pushed the McCain slate as the one to vote for. "Those are the true Republicans, blah, blah, blah." This went on when we split up to go to our own congressional delegate rooms. Then, it got worse. When we went back in to vote for delegates and alternates at large, the head of AZ GOP again advertised their slate. He even had another one that was updated and made sure it was handed out. Some people tried to call "Point of Order." These weren't even Ron Paul people but they knew the rules. They were shut down.

So, the vote went on. And guess who got all of the slots? Of course, the McCain slate. The lemmings went right off the cliff following after. I was so disgusted and ashamed. I thought "how can Americans think this is a democratic form of voting?" This was a dictatorship. We were told who to vote for so everyone did. I believe RP got about 40% but that wasn't enough.

So, we will have to fight and become PCs. They are who eventually run the party. In order to do that, you all have to become involved. This is not just a battle, this is a war.

Oh, and one more thing. I was totally disgusted that my senator who is running for president didn't even have the decency to show up at our convention. Jon Kyl had to do it for him. That is pathetic.

i liked this comment from the daily paul article

Food and Coffee and go to national anyway
On May 11th, 2008 IMissLiberty says:

Food. Has anyone tried food and coffee?

I'm thinking, a booth with free food and coffee and a Ron Paul inspirational video playing all day (outside the hall, if need be), might be helpful.

People who take your food will pretend to listen politely and accidentally learn something.

It also sounds like the McCain stealth plan was to pack the hall. How many of the chosen delegates will actually attend national? If not enough delegates or alternates show up to represent the state, they may be glad to seat another Arizona Republican no matter who they are for. I suggest some of you plan to go to national, anyway.

Usually, it is all about having clout for one's state at national.

IMissLiberty