PDA

View Full Version : I want to ask something very important and I hope someone knows the answer...

Akus
05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
We all know that in MO they decided to filter out the "bad" delegates so that only McCain supporters would make it to the MO state convention. By "bad", I mean, of course, Ron Paul supporters.

Anyone with a clue and a knowledge of past elections can conclude that, despite the baggage Obama is quickly accumulating with Rev. Wright, he stands a very good sound chance of beating old McCain. McCain that Republicans do not like and Democrats see as Bush's third term without Bush.

Why are the people in these commitees so opposed to people who support(ed) Ron Paul even if they plan to vote for McCain. I understand if you sat down in front of Dick Cheney himself and he alone decided if you are good for the party that would make sense. He is connected to military contractors and God knows what else.

But these people from local party committees, who are they? Aren't they average Joes like us? Or they're holding onto a position of power of some kind and will lose it if Ron Paul becomes a President.

I guess it is several questions in one thread. The committees in MO are trying to cleanse the party of Ron Paul undesireables. Why? This discrimination and flagrant violation of rules will turn off most rank and file Republicans and actually make them want to consider a Democrat alternative, may be for the first time in decades, or ever. I don't think they're stupid, I think they understand that they're losing the potential precious votes, yet still they're giving us grief about Ron Paul. So the reason is something else.

You can't, again, write this off as fanatism, stupidity or paranoia over Bin Laden hiding in their kitchen oven waiting to strike. These positions are clearly positions of power. How will letting Ron Paulers into conventions compromise those positions?

And how can we retaliate against these kinds of "corrective measures" where it hurts, by removing these people from committees?

I hope my point is not too confusing....

pinkmandy
05-10-2008, 05:26 PM
They don't want to rock the boat and that's what RP supporters do. We challenge the status quo.

Akus
05-10-2008, 06:36 PM
They don't want to rock the boat and that's what RP supporters do. We challenge the status quo.

But what happens to THEM if the boat is rocked?

bucfish
05-10-2008, 06:51 PM
No army can stop us and diffently no GOP chairman.

Feelgood
05-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Bingo!

Magicman
05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
They are no different that the statists they claim that democrats are.

pepperpete1
05-10-2008, 10:15 PM
We all know that in MO they decided to filter out the "bad" delegates so that only McCain supporters would make it to the MO state convention. By "bad", I mean, of course, Ron Paul supporters.

Anyone with a clue and a knowledge of past elections can conclude that, despite the baggage Obama is quickly accumulating with Rev. Wright, he stands a very good sound chance of beating old McCain. McCain that Republicans do not like and Democrats see as Bush's third term without Bush.

Why are the people in these commitees so opposed to people who support(ed) Ron Paul even if they plan to vote for McCain. I understand if you sat down in front of Dick Cheney himself and he alone decided if you are good for the party that would make sense. He is connected to military contractors and God knows what else.

But these people from local party committees, who are they? Aren't they average Joes like us? Or they're holding onto a position of power of some kind and will lose it if Ron Paul becomes a President.

I guess it is several questions in one thread. The committees in MO are trying to cleanse the party of Ron Paul undesireables. Why? This discrimination and flagrant violation of rules will turn off most rank and file Republicans and actually make them want to consider a Democrat alternative, may be for the first time in decades, or ever. I don't think they're stupid, I think they understand that they're losing the potential precious votes, yet still they're giving us grief about Ron Paul. So the reason is something else.

You can't, again, write this off as fanatism, stupidity or paranoia over Bin Laden hiding in their kitchen oven waiting to strike. These positions are clearly positions of power. How will letting Ron Paulers into conventions compromise those positions?

And how can we retaliate against these kinds of "corrective measures" where it hurts, by removing these people from committees?

I hope my point is not too confusing....

The fact that they are, even at this late date, still trying to squash the movement and anyone who stands for Paul and the message, is very puzzling to me.

They cannot feel as they profess they do. That Ron Paul is not electable,that Ron Paul is a kook, that he is merely laughable, the message, even though it is part of their platform, is unimportant. If they really felt this way, there would be no need to delete us from the voting in the state or even the national conventions. They would not have to break the rules and law to see that, not only do their party hacks get the positions, but that the Revolution supporters are squelched.

This leads me to believe that they are really scared of what Dr. Ron Paul can do to their carefully laid plans of duping the public out of their liberties and freedom.
Even the local loyalists, who go along for the sake of the party must see that there must be something amiss if John McCain is truly the presumtive nominee.
Their fear of Dr. Paul winning the nomination indicates to me that he CAN win the nomination.

Keep on keepin' on.;)

spacehabitats
05-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Some of these people have been active in the GOP for years. Why?
The same reasons that kept most of us from being interested or involved in partisan politics DID NOT deter them.
Either they were so enthralled with the idea of being in a position of political power that they did not care that the GOP was being hijacked by the Neocons or they bought into the Neocon propaganda so thoroughly that they totally lost track of reality.

I know this is hard to believe, but there are people who truly are convinced that the Iraq war is a good thing and that people who oppose it (like Ron Paul and his supporters) are dangerously misguided or traitors to America.

That's one possibility.

The other factor is that the highest law in partisan politics is "the party is everything". Once the nominee is selected (and they don't give a hoot about the technicality that the nominee is supposed to be selected at the national convention) it is time for all good Republicans to close ranks and fight like heck to beat the Democrats.

driller80545
05-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I have run into many people that believe that the Iraq war is a good thing and that the teeerists are coming to their hometown to kill them. They really believe this. Therefore Bush is their protector. And they do believe that RP would let the teerists take over the country. They exhibit so much fear and guilt that it is hard for me to take them seriously. (Kinda like southern baptists)

Akus
05-11-2008, 12:20 AM
So Pepperpete and spacehabitats, you're telling me that being in the committe is some kind of a power position, a position they'll lose if Ron Paul becomes president? How does that even make sense? It's just some dinkly little committe in some dinky little senate district in some bum fuck hick town that's probably not even on the map...

pepperpete1
05-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I am not saying that committee members will lose their seats, although that may be true, I am saying that the push is to silence what numbers of the Ron Paul movement there are. The loyalist leaders are really in fear of the message. If they do not quiet the voice in the wilderness their whole program could be subverted.
We know RP and the message has been blacked out by MSM and even now with the small numbers we have compared to the whole party, they are still scared............this is what makes me believe that Ron Paul still has a chance to pull this off.

rodo1776
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Some of these people have been active in the GOP for years. Why?
The same reasons that kept most of us from being interested or involved in partisan politics DID NOT deter them.
Either they were so enthralled with the idea of being in a position of political power that they did not care that the GOP was being hijacked by the Neocons or they bought into the Neocon propaganda so thoroughly that they totally lost track of reality.

I know this is hard to believe, but there are people who truly are convinced that the Iraq war is a good thing and that people who oppose it (like Ron Paul and his supporters) are dangerously misguided or traitors to America.

That's one possibility.

The other factor is that the highest law in partisan politics is "the party is everything". Once the nominee is selected (and they don't give a hoot about the technicality that the nominee is supposed to be selected at the national convention) it is time for all good Republicans to close ranks and fight like heck to beat the Democrats.

So Pepperpete and spacehabitats, you're telling me that being in the committee is some kind of a power position, a position they'll lose if Ron Paul becomes president? How does that even make sense? It's just some dinkly little committe in some dinky little senate district in some bum fuck hick town that's probably not even on the map...

Well my friends I think you both hit the nail on the head here.
These people IMO are bum fuck hicks in many ways. Also "Either they were so enthralled with the idea of being in a position of political power that they did not care that the GOP was being hijacked by the Neocons or they bought into the Neocon propaganda so thoroughly that they totally lost track of reality".

These two posts are i think the basis of what is wrong and why this crap happens.
People at a low level for lack of other things to do to fulfill their lives end up in the GOP and then they use what power they have to live vicariously and try to ingratiate themselves with whatever higher up they look up to and see that the "party line" is screw RP and so they do it to try to get positive reinforcement.

Just the way it is.

I hope that in 5-10 years when WE control it we don't end up being just like these people. We are in the power gathering phase and when we move into the control phase we will face these same issues.

Just human nature.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Or, many years ago democrats took over the GOP with
a massive infiltration strategy and many of them really
don't care about McFu@kin'Lame but to see the GOP lose!?

It'd be interesting to chart exactly when these city/count/state
GOP were voted in.

kpitcher
05-11-2008, 02:23 PM
The GOP is like any organization, those who are in power want to stay in power. You see this in every group - from the smallest nonprofit, to small township boards, to corporate boards and beyond.

Sometimes it may be ideological differences but often times it's as simple as someone going 'well _I_'m on the board, how dare you think differently than me!'

If I may quote one of the few good things to come from Fox

"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter
than you or I, many of them incompetent boobs. I know
this because I worked alongside them, gone bowling
with them, watched them pass me over for promotions
time and again. And I say... This stinks!"

- Homer Simpson

pacelli
05-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Precisely. And as far as what it means for local GOP officials, they are afraid that they will be personally voted out and replaced by the flood of Ron Paul supporters and their GOPs essentially taken over through their own procedures.

constituent
05-12-2008, 10:07 AM
So Pepperpete and spacehabitats, you're telling me that being in the committe is some kind of a power position, a position they'll lose if Ron Paul becomes president? How does that even make sense? It's just some dinkly little committe in some dinky little senate district in some bum fuck hick town that's probably not even on the map...

tell that to the guy in charge of that "dinky little senate district in some bum fuck hick town that's probably not even on the map," and see if you walk away intact.

i'm being serious about that. people love to lord power, no matter how petty.

constituent
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
The GOP is like any organization, those who are in power want to stay in power. You see this in every group - from the smallest nonprofit, to small township boards, to corporate boards and beyond.

Sometimes it may be ideological differences but often times it's as simple as someone going 'well _I_'m on the board, how dare you think differently than me!'

If I may quote one of the few good things to come from Fox

"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter
than you or I, many of them incompetent boobs. I know
this because I worked alongside them, gone bowling
with them, watched them pass me over for promotions
time and again. And I say... This stinks!"

- Homer Simpson

excellent post, great perspective!

Truth Warrior
05-12-2008, 10:30 AM
"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

slamhead
05-12-2008, 11:56 AM
They are just coolaid drinking Fox news watching mush for brains. Until they have a real gut check they will not change. It is all about the war to them.