PDA

View Full Version : RP republican enters race for Wyoming's seat in the U.S. House

TER
05-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Physician enters race for U.S. House (http://folsomtelegraph.com/detail/83753.html)

Associated Press - May 10, 2008 3:05 PM ET

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - A doctor from Green River has quietly entered the race for Wyoming's seat in the U.S. House.

Dr. Michael Holland is a pathologist at Sweetwater County Memorial Hospital in Rock Springs. Holland is an admirer of presidential candidate Ron Paul and says the Republican Party has strayed from its fundamental principles, such as belief in small government.

Holland also says the government had foreknowledge of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Holland hasn't publicly announced his campaign, isn't sure whether he's going to do much advertising and doesn't plan to campaign anywhere he hasn't been invited.

Even so, Holland says he's a serious candidate who wants to help remake the Republican Party. He says he hopes to be invited to debate with the other three Republicans who hope to replace Rep. Barbara Cubin, who isn't seeking re-election.

TER
05-10-2008, 02:39 PM
link to another article... (http://cbs4denver.com/coloradowire/22.0.html?type=local&state=WY&category=n&filename=WY--House-Holland.xml)

evilfunnystuff
05-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Holland hasn't publicly announced his campaign, isn't sure whether he's going to do much advertising and doesn't plan to campaign anywhere he hasn't been invited.

i dunno how he expects to be taken seriously if he isnt even gonna try

TER
05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Here is the article from the link in post#2

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) A doctor who says the government had foreknowledge of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks has quietly entered the race for Wyoming's seat in the U.S. House.

Dr. Michael Holland, a pathologist at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County in Rock Springs, hasn't publicly announced his campaign, isn't sure whether he's going to do much advertising and doesn't plan to campaign anywhere he hasn't been invited.

Even so, Holland said Saturday that he's a serious candidate who wants to help remake the Republican Party. He said he hopes to be invited to debate with the other three Republicans who hope to replace Rep. Barbara Cubin, who isn't seeking re-election.

''I'm running because I listened and looked at the Web sites of some of the other people that have announced, Bill Winney and Cynthia Lummis, and I didn't get the sense that they were addressing some of the issues that I felt are most important,'' Holland said in a phone interview from his home in Green River.

''The Republican Party has drifted far afield of where it should be, traditionally.''

Holland is an admirer of Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who continues to campaign for the Republican presidential nomination even though Arizona Sen. John McCain secured enough national delegates to be the nominee months ago.

''He's a constitutionalist, day in and day out,'' Holland said of Paul. ''The Constitution is the law we laid down for our elected representatives, the people we hire to do our work for us. It's there not just for when it's convenient, as some of these politicians as most of these politicians seem to think.''

Holland said most of the nation's problems result from programs like Medicare and Social Security, which he described as ''huge welfare programs'' and ''benevolent associations.''

''None of these are authorized by the Constitution. They just create huge piggy banks for the politicians to dip into and play games with,'' he said.

He also said the government at least had foreknowledge of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He said training exercises that day drew military jets away from the East Coast.

''Whether they let it happen or made it happen, you know, does it really matter?'' he said.

Holland moved to Green River from Phoenix in late 2006.

He holds a bachelor's degree in geophysics from University of Missouri-Rolla and worked 10 years in oil and gas exploration before getting a medical degree from University of Texas in Galveston, according to his Web site.

The other three candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Wyoming's U.S. House seat are Winney, a retired Navy officer; Lummis, former Wyoming secretary of state; and Buffalo area rancher Mark Gordon.

Gary Trauner is the only Democrat running for the seat.

TER
05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
i dunno how he expects to be taken seriously if he isnt even gonna try

good question.

Diana
05-13-2008, 08:26 AM
He will have my support.