PDA

View Full Version : Internet Ghost Speaks For Ron Paul Supports In Utah Newspaper

humanic
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
From an article entitled "Surprise GOP rule switch?" (http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9214559) in The Salt Lake Tribune:

On blogs and in e-mails, Paul backers have spread a strategy aimed at getting Paul supporters elected as delegates in order to keep Sen. John McCain from getting enough delegate support to clinch the nomination. That could force a convention fight, they argue, and give Paul a path - albeit a contorted one - to win the nomination.

“We will try to force a brokered convention - there is no way around it,” writes Steve Parent on "The Daily Paul" blog.

spacehabitats (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10065), who, unlike "Dr Steve Parent", is not and internet ghost and has substantiated his claims of being a doctor, writes:

"Infiltrate" and "force" are exactly the kinds of words They want to associate with the liberty movement. These words imply coercion and tyranny, which is exactly what we are fighting!

People don't want to be "forced" or "infiltrated". And they don't want "anarchy" or "chaos" either.

Our strategy, ultimately, is to educate, persuade, and convert. But They want to continue to marginalize us; separate us from the mainstream of good, honest Republicans that must eventually be our power base, blaming us for the disruption that They cause!

But one of the most disturbing (but hardly surprising) aspects of this article was it's anointing of Dr. Steve Parent as "our" spokesman.

Interesting how the MSM, that has gone so far out of its way to discredit and ignore Ron Paul throughout this campaign, is so ready to choose this charlatan to quote in an article about RP delegates. Regardless of what you think of "Dr? Steve", "he" does not exist except as an online pseudonym.

In the interest of journalistic integrity an article should describe "him" as someone "who uses the online name of 'Dr. Steve Parent' ' rather than implying that that is his real identity. He is no more a named source than was "Deep Throat" but this article does not make this apparent. If a newspaper ever wanted to quote me I would use my actual name. And the "Dr." part WOULD be a real and verifiable part of it.

I say again to "Dr Steve Parent":

Please send Bryan proof that you are an American physician named Steve Parent (as you claim).

You are right that specific personal information such as your address and license number is not our business, but knowledge of whether or not you are lying about your identity (as all signs suggest) is.

If you are an American physician named Steve Parent you can easily prove it to Bryan without him releasing your personal information. Him vouching for you would stop speculation about your identity.

You can try to spin your unwillingness to do this however you want, but the bottom line is that there's no reason you'd refuse if you are who you say you are. It's that simple. You have much to gain by doing so and nothing to lose.

Perry
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
What does it matter of someone has a doctorate?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-10-2008, 12:04 PM
What does it matter of someone has a doctorate?

Yeah, it's nothing but statist bullshit anyway.

Rhys
05-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Dr. shows someone who's an expert at something. It's a qualification, like an industry cert.

"Dr" Parent is not an expert on anything. Where's he come from anyway? When did he start?

literatim
05-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Why would he have to prove anything to anyone? It is seriously an arrogant attitude to think you need to make someone else prove something.

ClockwiseSpark
05-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Why would he have to prove anything to anyone? It is seriously an arrogant attitude to think you need to make someone else prove something.

Because he's continually asking for money. He's placed himself in the position of self styled leader of the revolution. He's using the mailing lists from the various meetup groups to advertise for his for-profit radio station and asking for donations as well.
It doesn't seem strange that people want to know who he is.

revolutionary8
05-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Because he's continually asking for money. He's placed himself in the position of self styled leader of the revolution. He's using the mailing lists from the various meetup groups to advertise for his for-profit radio station and asking for donations as well.
It doesn't seem strange that people want to know who he is.

*he sets up conference calls, then never shows up
*he generates "press" calling for a coup and promoting the impossible brokered convention
*he bashes Trevor Lyman for not sending out his mass emails to their mailing list, and for not "working" with him, when in reality Trevor is the SANE one.

It is MO that he should be followed, tracked, mapped, and hounded, just as he has done to us.

I want to know why he hasn't at least contacted someone from the campaign or in the grass who will vouch for him. I am thinking it is because he is a total FRAUD.

Sally08
05-10-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/48624

Hmmm Figures they took my
On May 10th, 2008 SGP says:
Hmmm

Figures they took my quote in my article out of context and did not add Dr. to my name.

MSM your only source for spin.

Dr. Steve Parent

Aratus
05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
the string of comments is intense! --- problem is, this campaign may be driven by
the internet, however its leaders have to be high profile. being asked to confirm
a biography is part of the logic. i know its romantic to be JOHN GALT in AYN RAND's
book, ATLAS SHRUGGED, yet if one is actually an integral part of a political campaign,
you have to be very totally real, and of the real world, rather than an anonymous enitity!

humanic
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Update:

SGP is taking a 3 day siesta, would be perm if I had a choice,