PDA

View Full Version : DNC Superdelegate Puts His Vote Up For Sale - $20 Million

Perry
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
DNC Superdelegate Puts His Vote Up For Sale

Steven Ybarra Wants $20 Million For His Vote
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) ― In this tight battle for the Democratic nomination we've heard a lot about the candidates courting superdelegates.

But, one superdelegate is courting the candidates. He says he'll sell his vote for a price. A very high price: $20 million.

Steven Ybarra of Sacramento says that eight-figure price is peanuts for the presidency.

When asked whether it was right to offer what is clearly a quid pro quo, he responded, "yeah, absolutely. People do it all the time," answered Ybarra.

But not like this. Not in public and not for such big bucks. It begs the question: Is he crazy?

"Nobody's said I'm crazy," said Ybarra.

Ybarra wants every cent of the $20 million to go towards registering and educating eligible Mexican-American voters, who he calls the key to the White House.

"And I keep asking the question of the DNC: 'why won't you earmark money for these voters?' And their answer is, 'oh, we can't do that' Which is a lie," said Ybarra.

With the Democratic National Committee saying 'no,' Ybarra waits for a 'yes' from already cash-strapped Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Would he accept less? How about $5 million?

"No, $5 million is nothing," said Ybarra.

It might be a moot point as neither campaign has come calling.

"No, I think most people right now are looking at this as some crazy guy in California because after all I'm from California," said Ybarra.

He thinks his own party is crazy for not aggressively pursuing the Mexican-American vote especially with such a large Mexican-American population in the southwest.

"We should kick John McCain's a** in his own hometown," said Ybarra.

This superdelegate thinks his vote would be the best $20 million a candidate could ever spend. After all, he says, in 2004 John Kerry spent $1 billion to lose.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Source: Cbs13 (http://cbs13.com/local/Superdelegate.Vote.Ybarra.2.718616.html)

Interesting turn of events.:D

rockandrollsouls
05-10-2008, 10:59 AM
That's filthy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to become a citizen don't you need to comprehend the English language? What is there to educate?

phixion
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I find it funny how people think the vote of minorities can win elections.

You either win over the white people, or you don't get in the oval office.

Why people waste their time trying to win over any minority vote is beyond me.

I scoff at him.

Pete

qh4dotcom
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
He's got to vote for someone at the Democratic convention...so looks like his vote will cost nothing for the candidate he votes for because no one is giving him 20 million.

Ha Ha Ha...."No, $5 million is nothing," said Ybarra.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
5 million is NOTHING to this guy? What an ELITIST! You'll never find a guy in the LP with that mentality.

HOLLYWOOD
05-10-2008, 11:25 AM
5 million is NOTHING to this guy? What an ELITIST! You'll never find a guy in the LP with that mentality.

Steven Ybarra of Sacramento... Another Racist favoring one ethnic group/special interest of people over the WHOLE of 'WE THE PEOPLE'

Now wonder why this country has gone down a perilous path... just look at people like Steven Ybara and politicians from all LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT.

Favoring and Advantaging one race and/or group, over the MASSES is RACIST and/or SPECIAL INTEREST PERKS to the max and it's destroying Americans and AMERICA.

H Roark
05-10-2008, 01:22 PM
What a POS. I didn't know it was possible to marginalize the election any further, but here ya go... I guess the fact that all 3 candidates are for the NAU and amnesty isn't enough for this racist. (This belongs in General Politics though)

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 01:29 PM
and this place is FILLED with greedy sob's who should NOT be in a public servant role. We need servants in these positions NOT leaders trying to tell us how things need to be.

Our public servants are supposed to do what WE TELL THEM. Now we have b.s. delegates trying to do nothing BUT make cash out of this election. What's new, its sad BUT we are the ones who allowed all of these people into office in the first place.

rpfan2008
05-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I find it funny how people think the vote of minorities can win elections.

You either win over the white people, or you don't get in the oval office.

Why people waste their time trying to win over any minority vote is beyond me.

I scoff at him.

Pete

You are very WRONG!!! Minority vote bank moves as a quantum...all at-once
Look at ur own country..closely..can't you see that happening?!!

Perry
05-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Personally I hope someone buys it just so people can see that the system is sold out.
Chances are however that if it's bought we'll never know because the guy will be paid in secret. Lets watch and see if he invests in a much bigger house in the next year.

Drsteveparent
05-10-2008, 01:57 PM
He is right and it is done all the time but not usually done out in the open like this.

revolutionary8
05-10-2008, 02:36 PM
He is right and it is done all the time but not usually done out in the open like this.

"Dr Steve",
what meet up group are you a member of? This may seem like a personal/private question to some, but since you have claimed that you were granted permission to read the Manifesto on air, this is important information- that and you claim to be some sort of "Spokesman" for us, and you beg for money. :D

DON'T YOU DARE SAY ONE WORD FOR ME. You got it?