PDA

View Full Version : Hillary versus Ron Paul

billv
08-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I posted this question about Hillary versus Republicans on Hannity's forum. I said,

"If it came down to Hillary as the Democratic candidate, are there any Republicans who you would vote for Hillary over the Republican candidate?"

I was really looking for Ron Paul answers but I didn't want to seem so blatant. Anyway, here's the link for the answers:

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294211&page=3

I think most of them that would rather have Hillary would vote for her because she wouldn't change the channel while they are watching their football game, the Iraq War.

Brad Zink
08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
I've been talking to Republicans and showing them how Ron Paul would be the strongest candidate in the field, by far. In fact, Hillary vs. Dr. Paul would be the perfect matchup.

Her warmongering would be destroyed by Dr. Paul's sensible foreign policy. Dr. Paul would win in a landslide on the war issue alone. Here is a poll from a Democrat weblog that asked the question, "Who'd win the general election" between Hillary and Dr. Paul:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/6/205111/3638

Harry96
08-23-2007, 01:49 AM
I've been saying since this campaign began that, if RP gets the GOP nomination, the GOP establishment is going to openly come out in favor of Hillary or whomever the Democrat nominee is. However, it's impossible to predict whether the average person will notice -- or care, or what the effects might be if they do care.

This is not an original observation on my part, but this country is run by a small elite, and elections are mostly scams designed to con average, unsophisticated people into thinking that they control the government. If it were overtly obvious that there's only one party, people would be more likely to revolt. So the elites concoct a shell game with the appearance of two warring sides to distract people.

There's an excellent article by Murray Rothbard at LewRockwell.com that was originally a private memo he circulated in November 1994, after the GOP took Congress. He discusses this concept at great length, including describing how the nomination got away from the GOP establishment in 1964, which caused them to openly back Johnson over Goldwater.

Yesterday on his blog, Lew Rockwell referred to warmonger Hillary as "Bush in a dress," which is absolutely right and is an example of how dissimilar the two sides are.