PDA

View Full Version : 81% of Moms for Ron Paul Will Write Him In

Change
05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
The Poll on CafeMom.com, A community of Mom's for Ron Paul has a poll up, it says that 81% of mom's will Write in Ron Paul on the Ballot if he is not GOP Candidate, 3% won't vote, and 14% will vote for another candidate.

Ron Paul Republicans are a BIG Market for this upcoming election. So Cool, we are making a difference! Keep up the good work Ron Paul Moms!

www.cafemom.com

Change
05-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry Mom's here is the poll

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3994/boards/read.php?post_id=3514838&email_id=102406712

1000-points-of-fright
05-09-2008, 03:19 PM
*sigh* people don't understand the write-in process.

If 95% of the public voted for Ron Paul as a write-in candidate, he still would not win. You can go ahead and scribble in his name but unless he files a declaration of write-in candidacy (in the states that require it) among other red tape, it won't be counted.

Plus, how you gonna write his name on a diebold machine? Magic marker on the screen?

rockandrollsouls
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
mhm...so you're saying vote for another candidate because it will be counted?

Change
05-09-2008, 04:32 PM
The point is that the Republicans ought to be focusing on a candidate that has a STRONG grassroot get out the vote effort. In addition, the power of Ron Paul Republicans is growing. It will be important regardless of who gets elected. A PAC within the Republican party. That is pretty powerful.

rancher89
05-09-2008, 04:49 PM
*sigh* people don't understand the write-in process.

If 95% of the public voted for Ron Paul as a write-in candidate, he still would not win. You can go ahead and scribble in his name but unless he files a declaration of write-in candidacy (in the states that require it) among other red tape, it won't be counted.

Plus, how you gonna write his name on a diebold machine? Magic marker on the screen?

But he's right, your vote won't count, you might as well write in donald duck....So, yes, vote for the "least worser" of the "worser." I suggest Libertarian pary. I know there are other parties out there, but with a big bump from RPers we could make a really big statement supporting the libertarian candidate. At least they won't take us into war and won't tax us to death.....

1000-points-of-fright
05-09-2008, 06:23 PM
mhm...so you're saying vote for another candidate because it will be counted?

Yes. Just not McCain or (insert Democrat here).

Since we don't have a "none of the above choice", we need to pick a 3rd party to represent "none of the above".

There should be an organized effort to get all the protest voters to vote for the same 3rd party. The Libertarian Party makes the most sense because of ballot access. If they are all split between the LP, Greens and Constitution Party it won't be noticed. If everyone votes Libertarian it will be enough of the electorate to make a statement.

If you have a problem with Libertarianism don't worry, they still aren't gonna win. It would just be a statement that you don't want a Republican OR a Democrat.

d03boy
05-09-2008, 08:01 PM
--

1000-points-of-fright
05-09-2008, 08:46 PM
even if you vote for a libertarian candidate, it still wont matter. It'll be the same as writing in ron paul. So why not just write in ron paul?

Because a vote for the LP candidate will be counted and officially recorded. You can point to it and say x many people did not want the either of the mainstream candidates. Writing in Ron Paul when he isn't registered as an official write-in candidate will only get your ballot tossed in the trash.

If you want to argue that it won't matter either way, fair enough. In which case, you obviously think the political system is beyond repair. I suggest you start making bombs.

yaz
05-09-2008, 08:54 PM
even if you vote for a libertarian candidate, it still wont matter. It'll be the same as writing in ron paul. So why not just write in ron paul?

That's the stupidest thing I've heard today, congrats.

soapmistress
05-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm a mom for ron paul!!!

This poll is good because it means that if RP goes independent or endorses 3rd party, those people will stay loyal. Saying "I'll write him in no matter what" is really just a strong statement of ongoing support and loyalty. It's not that people don't understand their vote won't get counted. It's just that people feel really invested and maybe aren't ready yet to consider another candidate. It's too early and breaking up is hard to do :)

Change
05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm a mom for ron paul!!!

This poll is good because it means that if RP goes independent or endorses 3rd party, those people will stay loyal. Saying "I'll write him in no matter what" is really just a strong statement of ongoing support and loyalty. It's not that people don't understand their vote won't get counted. It's just that people feel really invested and maybe aren't ready yet to consider another candidate. It's too early and breaking up is hard to do :)

Me too! RP Paul Mom; Bingo! you get it.. Happy Mother's Day!