PDA

View Full Version : questions on barr

scandinaviany3
05-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I got a message from someone today saying barr voted for the patriot act and was not pro life.

Does anyone know if either of these things are true and can give me some background.

brandon
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes he voted for the patriot act, along with a ton of other intollerant unconstitutional legislation. He claims he is a changed man now, and he regrets those days.

I dont know about abortion

scandinaviany3
05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Can someone fill us in on the patriot act background...this sounds strange.

What other legislation????

tonyr1988
05-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Lots of articles/information here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136012

Many of them were even before he made the LP switch.

Quick summary on PATRIOT Act: He regrets making the vote now. However, with that said....him voting for it (from what I believe) allowed him to be on the committee that worked out the differences between the House and Senate versions. He was able to take many privacy invasions out of it because of this. It would've been better if he voted against it; however, it wouldn't have changed the fact that it passed, and he was able to make some changes to it by voting for it.

His big thing was the War on Drugs, but he is adamantly opposed to it now. (Remember - even Ron Paul had a couple of policy "flip flops" in his younger days...)

scandinaviany3
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
thanks..didnt know this

Where can we find a list of his voting record votes?

It would be good to see what he voted for an against while in congress.

That surely will come up against him.

Bradley in DC
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
thanks..didnt know this

Where can we find a list of his voting record votes?

It would be good to see what he voted for an against while in congress.

That surely will come up against him.

In my article linked above, I give Roll Call votes on Barr's record.

scandinaviany3
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks bradley...

Richie
05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
He has a very pro-life voting record. So, he's been pro-life for a while. People claim that he isn't because one of his former wives had an abortion.

scandinaviany3
05-10-2008, 08:37 PM
He has a very pro-life voting record. So, he's been pro-life for a while. People claim that he isn't because one of his former wives had an abortion.

I was told there was a cancer situation with the wife and tissues had to be removed and radiation so no chance for survival for the fetus.

If true how to check?

Richie
05-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I was told there was a cancer situation with the wife and tissues had to be removed and radiation so no chance for survival for the fetus.

If true how to check?

I've read conflicting things. Some have said that the abortion was because of the cancer, others have said that the cancer came after the abortion.