PDA

View Full Version : "William Lawson - Thank You!"

Jeremy
05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
New vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqndDsj63I

Good info about the campaign, etc. too

Like he says, we need to start raising money now =)

Phantom
05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting this stormcommander. :)

amy31416
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the video--Lawson's a great guy and fully deserving of our support. We can take Price out if we do the work and donate.

Lucille
05-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the video--Lawson's a great guy and fully deserving of our support. We can take Price out if we do the work and donate.

I was just reading a RedState post (I need more sporks and brain bleach) by that Heather chick from NC-4 who claimed she was a shoe-in as a national delegate and was raising money to go to the national convention, and who also bashed Paul ad nauseam, posted an update. In the comments section she basically called Lawson unethical for retiring from medicine and accused him of infiltrating the party -- she almost sounds like the Rockefeller Republicans for LBJ:

RS friends (http://redstate.com/blogs/moms4mitt/2008/may/09/nc_4th_district_update_and_apology),

I want to thank all of you who followed the little battle going on here in NC and the 4th Congressional District. THANK YOU for your willingness to fund my effort to be a delegate at the National Convention.

Here's the good news (that I think you got already): we blocked the Ron Paul follower's attempts to become delegates. We had so many quality Republicans in the running (I am not saying that I am in that class)that we realized we were dividing our effort and some of us strategically dropped out so that we could save our McCain delegation. We did. We are cool ;)

The bad news is that our true Republican candidate lost in the primary to an admitted "Ron Paul Republican".

After dropping from the effort to be a National Convention delegate, many of you good folks asked to me give your donation to the NCGOP. Here comes the apology - I cannot in good faith give the NCGOP another dime. Nor can I encourage anyone else to. The lack of NC State GOP leadership during ugly Republican primaries all over the state has left good Republicans disgusted and exhausted. I hope that you will understand and forgive me for not accepting your donations on their behalf.

I also apologize for the delayed diary on this whole thing. But I am momma to four kids and have been busy with them (and dragging them around in my minivan putting up and taking down campaign signs LOL).

Heather (moms4mitt)

HOW does someone become a thirty-something NON PRACTICING neurosurgeon??? (http://redstate.com/blogs/moms4mitt/2008/may/09/nc_4th_district_update_and_apology#comment-747288) Shouldn't he be held to some ethical standard to practice? NOPE - BJ made a load of cash when he sold some software so he abandoned his ethical responsibility to practice as a doctor and now he's blowing his dough on furthering the RP agenda. A dude who never attended a GOP event in his life before he decided to run for Congress. He's NOT going to beat Price - give me a break. This is all for nothing.

Fear not, Heather. Under Socialized Medicine, Drs. will eventually be forced to continue to practice medicine against their will. I'm sure that will make your little RINO heart very happy. How's MittCare working out, BTW? I hear not very well, AT. ALL (http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=8431).

It's ripping the Party apart - SERIOUS betrayals (I'll spare RS the nasty and ridiculous details)- and wasting our resources!

We should be spending Republican time building the base that is COMING as our area grows rapidly and fills up with Republicans! We should be spending our resources on building on embracing true Rs. Not playing games in a race we are NOT going to win.

Gee, Heather. Maybe you should stop fighting conservatives in your own party so hard, instead of disenfranchising the most enthusiastic Republicans in the party, hm?

So there was no RPR delegate luck in NC-4 then? Not a one?

amy31416
05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I was just reading a RedState post (I need more sporks and brain bleach) by that Heather chick from NC-4 who claimed she was a shoe-in as a national delegate and was raising money to go to the national convention, and who also bashed Paul ad nauseam, posted an update. In the comments section she basically called Lawson unethical for retiring from medicine and accused him of infiltrating the party -- she almost sounds like the Rockefeller Republicans for LBJ:

Fear not, Heather. Under Socialized Medicine, Drs. will eventually be forced to continue to practice medicine against their will. I'm sure that will make your little RINO heart very happy. How's MittCare working out, BTW? I hear not very well, AT. ALL (http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=8431).

So there was no RPR delegate luck in NC-4 then? Not a one?

That is the most insane argument I've ever heard--he's not worthy because he's not currently practicing as a neurosurgeon? What a blockhead!

Ya know what? Maybe she should be forced to have as many babies as she can spit out, just because she can--it's her moral obligation!

On second thought, I wouldn't want that hysterical, illogical whiny crybaby raising any more children.

FireofLiberty
05-09-2008, 01:56 PM
The amazing thing is that B.J. probably did more for patients with his software company than he could have ever done as a doctor. His software company helped thousands of doctors better help patients, which is much more significant than what he could have done as one doctor helping one patient at a time.

How does someone become a 50-something "author" living in a house that doesn't belong to him who has no source of incom... Oh nevermind ;-)

belian78
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
i dont think this is ron paul grassroots material, i think it should be moved.

FireofLiberty
05-09-2008, 01:58 PM
That is the most insane argument I've ever heard--he's not worthy because he's not currently practicing as a neurosurgeon? What a blockhead!

Ya know what? Maybe she should be forced to have as many babies as she can spit out, just because she can--it's her moral obligation!

On second thought, I wouldn't want that hysterical, illogical whiny crybaby raising any more children.

What's really incredible is once B.J. is elected he won't be able to legally practice anyway because serving in Congress while practicing medicine is considered to be a "conflict of interest" and "unethical" and therefore not allowed...

amy31416
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM

I disagree. Getting people into Congress has become a major focus of the grassroots.

What's really incredible is once B.J. is elected he won't be able to legally practice anyway because serving in Congress while practicing medicine is considered to be a "conflict of interest" and "unethical" and therefore not allowed...

I didn't know that--makes it even funnier!

Lucille
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. --Sun Tzu

NC-4 denizens and Lawson should know what they're up against. Is this the sort of attack he's going to be subjected to by members of his own party?