PDA

View Full Version : High Tide Airtime IDAHO - Planning Schedule Now

AdamT
05-09-2008, 10:45 AM
At present we've raised about $2,700 to air The High Tide (http://hightidepromo.com/) in Idaho. Donate here (http://alcpac.chipin.com/the-high-tide-airtime2) to bump up our total.

The dominant cable provider in Idaho is CableOne (http://www.cableone.net/about/locations.asp?STATE=ID), and the rates are a lot cheaper than Philly (http://alcpac.com/high_tide_philly.html).

Check out their rate card here: PowerPoint (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/CableOne_Idaho.ppt) or PDF (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/CableOne_Idaho.pdf).

The ID primary is May 27th, so we'll run the spots for a week May 21-27.

Check out the media kit any post suggestions (remember to 2x the rates for 60 sec). I'm thinking prime time slots in the Boise Interconnect.

OptionsTrader
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll talk to a business acquaintance of mine that I recently got on the RP bandwagon. He loved the book and I'll get him to throw some cash at this.

AdamT
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
bump

Lord Xar
05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
hey Adam, long time no talk!! - Have you had any feedback on the commercial and markets in which in runs vs. the outcome of votes? I am suspecting that this ad is having alot of impact but am curious if you have an empirical data to support it.. or at least "heresay">.heheheh

Let me know if you can.

I'll pop in some over the weekend.

thanks

AdamT
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
hey Adam, long time no talk!! - Have you had any feedback on the commercial and markets in which in runs vs. the outcome of votes? I am suspecting that this ad is having alot of impact but am curious if you have an empirical data to support it.. or at least "heresay">.heheheh

Let me know if you can.

I'll pop in some over the weekend.

thanks

Ha ha Lord, yeah it's been awhile! I personally haven't compiled any data, but RP did the best yet in PA and we ran the ad 4 dozen times in Philly the week before their primary. Not sure if it had any impact but I'd like to hope so!

DirtMcGirt
05-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow a lot cheaper than philly... I like the 1st and 3rd tiers...

MRoCkEd
05-09-2008, 06:09 PM
great ad
should be played in all rem. states

AdamT
05-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Just found out if we do a state-wide Interconnect we get a 20% discount.

AdamT
05-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Bump for input.

rational thinker
05-10-2008, 04:41 PM
bump

Bruno
05-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Bump for input.

I'll donate Monday, Adam. Awesome video and a great way to donate knowing that a small donation will be seen by thousands because of it.

AdamT
05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll donate Monday, Adam. Awesome video and a great way to donate knowing that a small donation will be seen by thousands because of it.

Thanks Bruno.

Kotin
05-10-2008, 11:22 PM
bump

skyorbit
05-11-2008, 05:57 AM
WOW That Is Alot Cheeper.

Tracy

MikeSmith
05-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Just found out if we do a state-wide Interconnect we get a 20% discount.

State-wide is definitely a good idea. Also, since we're doing primetime, you may want to do it the week of the 20th-26th. Most people will have already voted before the evening of the 27th.

RP4EVER
05-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Excellent rates for TV....how do the finances look; do you need any more money to help this cause?

AdamT
05-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Excellent rates for TV....how do the finances look; do you need any more money to help this cause?

Sitting at about $2,700. The more the better, feel free to toss something in!!

AdamT
05-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Just worked out a schedule with the Boise rep. 90 spots!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/boise.jpg

Jeremy
05-13-2008, 06:08 PM
not really sure how to input

the pdf really just slowed up my browser and i didnt really know what i was going with it anyway =p

but i would say, keep the history channel like you did last time. maybe do some sport channel(s) this time?

edit: oh, you just posted a new thing. ok, ill respond in a sec i guess

Jeremy
05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
so... is it final?

tajitj
05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I posted some of the info on Dailypaul.com

I will delete my forum when you guys go and announce this yourself over there. I am not sure if you guys are 100% on this.

tajitj
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Just worked out a schedule with the Boise rep. 90 spots!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/boise.jpg

One quick opinion. The $540 on the spots on election day were an iffy one. Maybe a package of non news channels the day before the election.

So can you buy some more from donations this week or are you shifting to buying for the next state.

This is awesome stuff. I envy you guys. I wish you had like 50K to for the rest of the states.

itshappening
05-13-2008, 07:10 PM
nice!!

Kotin
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
bump

nice, this ad is awesome.

kombayn
05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Great idea. Radio and TV are great ways to spread the message and the cheapest/most convenient along with getting ads in the local newspapers everywhere going to St. Paul.

ItsTime
05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
bump this up

AdamT
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM
One quick opinion. The $540 on the spots on election day were an iffy one. Maybe a package of non news channels the day before the election.

So can you buy some more from donations this week or are you shifting to buying for the next state.

This is awesome stuff. I envy you guys. I wish you had like 50K to for the rest of the states.

Seems like people will be watching the news type channels as they are deciding to vote for last minute. Wouldn't it be best to blitz just the news channels near the end?

If any more donations come in this week I should be able to add them to this buy. Next week is too late though. I wasn't planning on doing more states since there really isn't much time. At least we got to his 2 states, and hopefully made an impact :)

skyorbit
05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Is this really true? Every $60 purchases a new ad spot?

Tracy

skyorbit
05-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I wish we had $50,000 to focus on just Idaho!

Tracy

Knightskye
05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
EDIT:Nevermind. Doesn't seem like my opinion matters now (read the first page and posted a comment, and then read the rest).

AdamT
05-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Is this really true? Every $60 purchases a new ad spot?

Tracy

Actually $60 gets us two spots. Remember this is just for the Boise market: Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Meridian, Eagle and Kuna.

Bruno
05-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Adam = Just sent $30 your way.

Come on, folks - Idaho is a good state for us. Donate if and what you can! :)

Keep this bumped.

AdamT
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Adam = Just sent $30 your way.

Come on, folks - Idaho is a good state for us. Donate if and what you can! :)

Keep this bumped.

Received and thanks!!

AdamT
05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Bump.

skyorbit
05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
bump

AdamT
05-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I'll be overnighting the check Monday, so if anyone wants to get in on this I can include it up until then. It'll give us through the weekend to bring the total up a bit :)

$30 = 1 play in Boise metro. Nearly 100,000 households.

tajitj
05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
This book reviewer put your ad on his site. The review is very good everyone should check it out.

http://www.takimag.com/site/article/you_say_you_want_a_revolution/

Bruno
05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I'll be overnighting the check Monday, so if anyone wants to get in on this I can include it up until then. It'll give us through the weekend to bring the total up a bit :)

$30 = 1 play in Boise metro. Nearly 100,000 households.

That's a steal for 100,000 households. What an impact each person can make for a $30 donation (or less)!

Here's another bump. :D

too bad the campaign couldn't throw a few grand your way. Flooding the airwaves in Idaho could make a big impact.

Libertarian Ideals
05-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Cheap air time. I will donate be donating tonight.

AdamT
05-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Cheap air time. I will donate be donating tonight.

Yeah compared to Philly these rates are a steal :)

skyorbit
05-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Why aren't you doing any in the Moscow Area where the University is?

Or up north where all rugged individualist homesteaders are?

Northern Idaho is practically a different country then southern Idaho when you look at the people.

Tracy

AdamT
05-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Why aren't you doing any in the Moscow Area where the University is?

Or up north where all rugged individualist homesteaders are?

Northern Idaho is practically a different country then southern Idaho when you look at the people.

Tracy

I'm looking into it. If we had double the funds it wouldn't be a problem. We may be able to move some up there though. I'll let you know what the rep says. Waiting for a response now.....

Edit - just found out they don't have service in Moscow. Must be another cable company.

skyorbit
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Bump.

You hear that? We need double the funds!!!!

TRacy

AdamT
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Bump.

You hear that? We need double the funds!!!!

TRacy

Time Warner has the Moscow market. Waiting for a call back from them. Rates should be pretty cheap up there since the population is just over 20,000.

tajitj
05-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Come on people on last weekend for this video. Boise is the biggest market. If we get big numbers there we could win the state.

AdamT
05-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Got the rates for Northern Idaho. Moscow is pretty much a waste, as the campus is out for the summer and their market crosses half into Washington. The rep told me most of the students live up in Coeur d'Alene, and they have 20,000 cable households. $30 spots, so the same as CableOne in Boise.

I'm thinking running 20 spots in Coeur d'Alene and 70 in Boise during the week 21-27th. If more donations come in over the weekend we can bump those up.

skyorbit
05-17-2008, 09:16 AM
The Courd de'lane market would be great. That would get up into Sandpoint too.

Tracy

AdamT
05-17-2008, 10:38 AM
The Courd de'lane market would be great. That would get up into Sandpoint too.

Tracy

Definitely doing Coeur d'Alene. Sandpoint is a separate market ($10 for 1 play), but has only 2800 cable households. Is it worth adding Sandpoint? Someone on DailyPaul blitzed the ID meetups/leaders and we're starting to get ID donations coming in. Got over $300 just this morning. If this keeps up today and tomorrow we could do a pretty amazing blitz in ID.

On Monday I'm sending out a press release on our efforts to The Idaho Observer and other ID papers. That should drum up some interest as well, and hopefully votes.

skyorbit
05-17-2008, 04:25 PM
You should definitely do a couple few in Sandpoint. And Bonners Ferry if possible even. Is Kellogg in that moscow market, or where is that?

Basically thought, it sounds like the current market Boise/Pocaletllo, etc.) you're covering pretty much all of District 2 is that right?

Coure de'lane Sandpoint, and Bonners Ferry would be the most populated parts of District 1 I think.

I'm actually in the Sandpoint meet-up group (I'm originally from Bonners Ferry.) and my parents are still in Bonners Ferry, if nothing else this ad will encourage everybody to go out and vote.

I spent half an hour last night on the phone assuring my mother that yes Ron Paul is still running.

Tracy

PS How do we reach all the facebook and Myspace people?

skyorbit
05-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Your contribution to The High Tide Airtime2 has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: The High Tide Airtime2
ChipIn Event Organizer: The American Liberty Coalition PAC (info@alcpac.com)
Transaction ID: 66b8541349b7fe61
Contribution Amount: $120.00
Contribution Date: May 17, 2008 8:36 PM CDT

Should you have any questions regarding this contribution, contact us by going to http://contact.chipin.com.

Thank you for using ChipIn - the easy way to collect money.

Tracy

skyorbit
05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Bump

AdamT
05-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Your contribution to The High Tide Airtime2 has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: The High Tide Airtime2
ChipIn Event Organizer: The American Liberty Coalition PAC (info@alcpac.com)
Transaction ID: 66b8541349b7fe61
Contribution Amount: $120.00
Contribution Date: May 17, 2008 8:36 PM CDT

Thank you Tracy, wow!!

newyearsrevolution08
05-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Hope all is well, how is that ad doing so far where it has ran?

skyorbit
05-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Thank you Tracy, wow!!

This is important.

If the campaign had been running ads like these, we would have won.

IT's important that we win at least 1 state. And with Idaho being an open primery -- plus the conservatives there are largely anti-Bush (at least up North they are. "Bush is a Liberal" is a phrase I heard a lot of when I was visiting my parents last summer.

Butch Otter was in district 2 before he was governer and was called "The Ron Paul of Idaho" openly, so he's already got name Recognition down in the southern part of the state. The northern part gave us Helen Chenowith (A John Birtcher who was honest and unforunitly kept her promise to term limit herself.) Conservatives in Idaho are hopping Mad that McCain is the supposed Nomanee, Plus Democrats and Independents who didn't vote in the Dem Caucuses all like Ron Paul much more then any other Republican.

If every person who has cable in Idaho could see this ad at least once. It'd be awesome. We'd win.

I wish Ron Paul would make an aperence in Idaho, that would clench it.

Tracy

AdamT
05-18-2008, 10:26 AM
This is important.

If the campaign had been running ads like these, we would have won.

IT's important that we win at least 1 state. And with Idaho being an open primery -- plus the conservatives there are largely anti-Bush (at least up North they are. "Bush is a Liberal" is a phrase I heard a lot of when I was visiting my parents last summer.

Butch Otter was in district 2 before he was governer and was called "The Ron Paul of Idaho" openly, so he's already got name Recognition down in the southern part of the state. The northern part gave us Helen Chenowith (A John Birtcher who was honest and unforunitly kept her promise to term limit herself.) Conservatives in Idaho are hopping Mad that McCain is the supposed Nomanee, Plus Democrats and Independents who didn't vote in the Dem Caucuses all like Ron Paul much more then any other Republican.

If every person who has cable in Idaho could see this ad at least once. It'd be awesome. We'd win.

I wish Ron Paul would make an aperence in Idaho, that would clench it.

Tracy

Great info there.

AdamT
05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Check out the Comcast coverage/households map for Northern Idaho here (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/comcast_north_idaho.pdf).

I'm thinking Coeur d'Alene, Sandpoint, Silver Valley, and Teaken Butte. To air 1 prime time spot on CNN in all those areas would cost something like $55. Morning (5-9am) would be $34. Daytime (9am-4pm) would be $42.

For channels I'm thinking CNN, DISC, HIST, MSNBC, CNBC, SCFI. I have to figure this all out by tomorrow. Probably spend $800 or so (more if we get donations today/tonight). Thoughts?

tajitj
05-18-2008, 12:54 PM
The rate card is kind of confusing. Are you going just Boise Interconect which only includes some small communities around it. What about Twin Fall, and Idaho Falls markets. Are you going into them?

teshuah
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
bumpity

skyorbit
05-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Don't let it fall below the top 5 spots!

Tracy

skyorbit
05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
How much do we have now?

Tracy

AdamT
05-18-2008, 08:05 PM
How much do we have now?

Tracy

Up to $3,900 now :)

MikeSmith
05-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, you have over $4k now. How much would it cost if you changed the Boise spots into CableOne statewide Interconnect spots? And what's the statewide CableOne vs Boise household viewership? Just curious.

AdamT
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow, you have over $4k now. How much would it cost if you changed the Boise spots into CableOne statewide Interconnect spots? And what's the statewide CableOne vs Boise household viewership? Just curious.

Mike, check the CableOne rate card (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/CableOne_Idaho.pdf). Includes the demographics too.

MikeSmith
05-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Mike, check the CableOne rate card (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/CableOne_Idaho.pdf). Includes the demographics too.

Yeah, I've seen that already. I couldn't find the number of households in each area. I was just wondering what the total number of households that have Cable One statewide was vs the about 100k for Boise and what the difference in price would be vs the $30 per ad you've worked out for Boise. I just thought you might know the numbers off-hand. If you don't, it's fine.

skyorbit
05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
We need more.

We need EVERY cable owner in Idaho to see this ad at least once.

Are these ads going to get int Pocotello?

That's actually the biggest city in Idaho.

Tracy

MikeSmith
05-19-2008, 12:14 AM
We need more.

We need EVERY cable owner in Idaho to see this ad at least once.

Are these ads going to get int Pocotello?

That's actually the biggest city in Idaho.

Tracy

It won't be in Pocatello if AdamT just goes for Boise, but Boise is clearly the biggest city in Idaho. Ada county and Canyon County have over 1/3 the population of Idaho, and AdamT said about 100,000 households in Boise have CableOne, so that's about 250,000 people out of the 1.5 million people in Idaho. That's pretty good.

skyorbit
05-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh.

I thought Pocotello was pretty decent sized.

Now that we have twice the money as the original plan sort of called for -- perhaps we can reach a few in the rest of the state.

Tracy

skyorbit
05-19-2008, 08:32 AM
It's not too late.

Keep donating. Perhaps if they get more money after the deadline, they can use it for South Dakota.

How much money do you think with can raise in a week to try and do South Dakota?

Tracy

itshappening
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
awesome:D

AdamT
05-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I just got the schedule for Coeur d'Alene, Silver Valley, and Sandpoint (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/ALC_NorthernIdaho_Schedule.pdf). 62 spots running for 5 days before the primary.

Note from cable rep: "Coeur d’Alene and Silver Valley are combined. You will be getting the same schedule in Silver Valley as in Coeur d’Alene except the networks of MSNBC and CNBC. We save election day for makegoods, any spots missed from the flight will be moved to 5/27".

We'll be in about 25,000 cable households in the north. We're dropping $1000 on the north and $3300 in the south. South should be a couple hundred thousand households. Waiting for the southern schedule. Will post when I get it.

Bruno
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I just got the schedule for Coeur d'Alene, Silver Valley, and Sandpoint (http://www.alcpac.com/docs/ALC_NorthernIdaho_Schedule.pdf). 62 spots running for 5 days before the primary.

We'll be in about 25,000 cable households in the north. We're dropping $1000 on the north and $3300 in the south. Waiting for the southern schedule. Will post when I get it.

Kick Ass! Great work, Adam and donators, and all others involved! this ad is bound to change people's votes and rejuvinate those in Idaho who might have had heard from him recently.

AdamT
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Northern deal is set and locked. Still negotiating with CableOne in the south.

I upped the southern budget to $3,500. We need $200 to hit that goal (Paypal fees lowered our total). Anyone care to help out (http://alcpac.chipin.com/the-high-tide-airtime2)? Need it by tonight or Tuesday morning at the latest.

With this we should be able to move east into the Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Twin Falls Interconnnects. This will be addition to the Boise market (not Boise Interconnect).

So in total we'll be spending $4500 in Idaho.

skyorbit
05-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Just do it. You'll get paid back :)

Tracy

AdamT
05-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Got the south schedule finalized. Man, we are getting awesome rates!!!!!

The Boise market covers Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Meridian, Eagle and Kuna. 2/3 of Idaho's population live within this area, however not everyone has cable. But this area has about 90,000 CableOne households. 90 spots, 10 channel spread @ $30/ea = $2,700.

The Idaho Falls market is the 2nd largest populated area in the state, and we'll be in about 31,000 households. 64 spots, 10 channel spread @ $14/ea = $896.

There wasn't enough to go into Pocatello or Twin Falls, but we have the vast majority of the population covered.

In total we're getting the ad aired 216 times in the state!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/boise_final.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/idaho_falls_final.jpg

MikeSmith
05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Got the south schedule finalized. Man, we are getting awesome rates!!!!!

The Boise market covers Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Meridian, Eagle and Kuna. 2/3 of Idaho's population live within this area, however not everyone has cable. But this area has about 90,000 CableOne households. 90 spots, 10 channel spread @ $30/ea = $2,700.

The Idaho Falls market is the 2nd largest populated area in the state, and we'll be in about 31,000 households. 64 spots, 10 channel spread @ $14/ea = $896.

There wasn't enough to go into Pocatello or Twin Falls, but we have the vast majority of the population covered.

In total we're getting the ad aired 216 times in the state!!

:cool: Great job!

AdamT
05-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Went a little over budget though. Could use another $200 to finish it off.

AdamT
05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
bump

skyorbit
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Any Chance of doing a fund drive this next week to try and so some in South Dakota?

Or at least Sioux Falls, and Rapid City?

I know you'd need to make the buy by sometime next week.

But I'm sure I could get help from the local meet-up groups, if you decide to try and run with it.

South Dakota is about half the size of Idaho, so we should be able to cove the same amount we did in Idaho with only half the amount.

Tracy

Omphfullas Zamboni
05-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Hi,

You guys are awesome! How much evidence is there that these commercials are getting results?

Regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

AdamT
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Any Chance of doing a fund drive this next week to try and so some in South Dakota?

Or at least Sioux Falls, and Rapid City?

I know you'd need to make the buy by sometime next week.

But I'm sure I could get help from the local meet-up groups, if you decide to try and run with it.

South Dakota is about half the size of Idaho, so we should be able to cove the same amount we did in Idaho with only half the amount.

Tracy

The SD primary is Tuesday June 3rd. We could start the ads playing on Friday May 30th and run them through the weekend and on Monday/Tues morning. That would be 4-5 days, same as we're doing for Idaho.

We would need the funds by Monday May 26th or 27th at the latest. If the SD meetups can pull it off I'm down to help get it done. They can just add to the current ChipIn.

We'd probably need at least a couple grand to make it worth it.

skyorbit
05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
How much money do you think we'd need?

Can we get some ads for even $500?

TRacy

AdamT
05-20-2008, 04:32 PM
How much money do you think we'd need?

Can we get some ads for even $500?

TRacy

I'm sure $500 would buy some, but a couple grand would go a lot further.

skyorbit
05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Donate here.
http://alcpac.chipin.com/the-high-tide-airtime2

The American Liberty Coalition has promised that if we can raise some money, with-in the next week, it will air The High Tide Ad in South Dakota!

More information here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1465391&postcount=80

Can we get a Separate Chip-in for South Dakota?

Tracy Saboe