PDA

View Full Version : Spread the Message.

Conza88
05-09-2008, 07:21 AM
And one of the best way possible ways to spread the message is through Ron Paul's book! Pay it forward!

Revolution: A Manifesto is a remarkable tool for waking people up!

As can be seen FIRST HAND by the many EXPERIENCES mentioned by others.

Posted May 9th, 2008 by vincebodie
I just gave away Dr. Paul's book to a total stranger!
So I'm sitting in my favorite cafe checking out the DP on my laptop with my copy of Dr. Paul's new book sitting next to me, and a woman walks up and asks me if the book is mine. Of course I say yes and we have a short conversation about how long I have known about him, she tells me that she has heard of him but doesn't know much about him, she asks if I am a politician (I tell her I'm running for central committee), and it just strikes me to give the book to her...

So I tell her "I will give the book to you, but you must promise me one thing - that you will give it to someone else when you are done with it. That way, it will be like giving it to two people, or maybe even more!" She says "Ok, thank you!" and walks away smiling.
Link to Post (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/48480)

On May 8th, 2008 vincebodie says:
I actually had a similar thought in the back of my mind, but it vanished during the conversation. luckily I found her and I put my name and email address inside the front cover. She said that she is going after a PhD in world studies, and that if she liked the book she would do the same and pass it on.

If we all make this a habit when we give the book away it may start a brushfire as people keep passing the book on and to keep the chain unbroken.

On May 2nd, 2008 cvazmom says:
I went to Borders today to check out the display of best sellers, etc. and buy a copy of REVOLUTON. It was no where to be found. I asked at the assistance desk...he walked me upstairs to the back of the store and on the bottom shelf I found 6 copies. I thanked the clerk and asked why an Amazon #1 best seller would be up here and he laughed. You've got to be kidding he said. I took all the books with me. Bought two and placed the rest on the shelf with the Tolle book (Oprah's book club best seller) right at the front of the store! :-)

I've experienced about the same with my father. The past two days when I go by my parents house to pick up my daughter my father has not been able to shut up about RP and his positions!!! Talks more about RP than me now!! He said that he keeps on catching himself shaking his head while reading the book and just told me today that he thinks if Americans had a real chance to hear RP's stance on the issues and how RP describes what really ails our country, he would be able to capture the presidency!! This is absolutely amazing esp. since he's been a staunch McCain supporter, mainly bc. of the war, but is saying now that we should get out of Iraq as soon as possible and stop aiding other countries including Israel, bc. we just can't afford any of it anymore!! My father showing this turnaround in his positions really gives me hope for other Americans that are in the dark!! :)

He's been warming up to RP very slowly. I first gave him a copy of "A Foreign Policy.." about a month ago and after he finished it, he said he agreed with the majority of RP's positions with the exception of jumping out of Iraq and was on the fence about supporting Israel. BUT about 2 weeks ago, without my prompting him, my father asked if I was going to get a copy of RP's new book and asked if he could borrow it after I was finished. Little did he know I already had 2 more copies on the way!!! Now he's finishing the book up, and is yet another American whose veil weaved of lies has been lifted by the good Doctor!! :D

On April 30th, 2008 FreeManOnLand says:
I walked into my local B&N store and at first glance the new releases captured my eye. After browsing for a few minutes I noticed the book was not there. I was a little but worried about the book not being in yet, it was sunday. So finally when the rep asks me how he can be of assistance I mentioned the Ron Paul Revolution and he just took off. He went straight to the back and as I followed I felt like there was some sort of urgency, as he handed me the book I made a comment along the lines "you knew exactly where that book was huh buddy." his response was "your the fifth person that asked for it this hour". How about that!

On May 1st, 2008 mikemcd says:
I bought my copy about 2 weeks ago at B&N on Rt.17 and it was way in the back of the store. When I went into Borders yesterday I was expecting the same, planning to speak to the clerk about the #1 selling book not being displayed right up front. However, they were sold out! So I didn't get the chance. I did inquire about the book at the information desk though.

On May 2nd, 2008 sempiternal says:
What a wonderful idea. I love the enthusiasm! And, what better way to get to know Ron Paul, than reading his book and possibly bumping into others. I'm putting in purchase requests at both my city and county libraries too - it's online and only takes a minute!

I metioned to my hubby yesterday that grassroots was organizing a book bomb for the dlegates, and told him I'd be buying at least 5 copies and "adopting a delegate" or whatever we're calling it. He asked how much the book was and when I told him he called me cheap and told me to buy more :)

On April 30th, 2008 northstar says:
I looked all over the B&N store in Minneapolis where all the tables were set up on the main floor, for the new releases and nothing. I went to the info desk and ask the person to look it up. Sure enough, they had copies, so we went upstairs, around the corner and way back in a isolated section. There were the books. I asked the person why these are'nt downstairs with the rest of the non-fiction political releases and he said the manager tells them what books are prominantly displayed downstairs and what goes upstairs. I was a bit miffed about that. So, when he went downstairs, I went and got the rest of the copies and brought them downstairs and placed them prominantly where everyone could see them :-)

So my fiancee just came home from our local playground with some good news. She is the shy type not really the person to go up to people and chat. Well today she pulls up to the playground in our car (with a Ron Paul bumper sticker) and as she is getting our daughter out of the back a woman comes up to her and says something along the lines of 'So you voted for Ron Paul'.

As we all know there are two ways it can go from here. Well it turns out this woman voted for Mitt Romney. But then she confessed that she wish she had vote for Ron Paul. This woman was pretty damn mad that McCain was our nominee and even more pissed at the way Ron Paul has been treated this election.

She went on to say if Ron Paul would run 3rd party she would be voting for him over McCain any day of the week. The tide is turning! This is the second random 'I wish I voted Ron Paul' encounter my family has stumbled upon this week.

so i was working last night and i left my book at the nurses station....once i got home was when i realized that i left it there....i was so upset because i thought someone was going to throw it away.......

to my surprise when i went to work today the night nurse that i relieved said it was a very slow night and she read the ENTIRE BOOK!!! i was amazed because this is the same woman who said she wanted to vote the first female into the white house....she told me that she had heard of Dr. Paul but thought that he had dropped out of the race and she admitted that she didnt know much about where he stood on certain issues.....well after reading his book she told me that she was going to vote for Paul "definately no matter what".....

i told her she could keep my book (its my travel book, ive got 5 more at home that i use for different reasons, i kno im a bit of a geek)....she told me she was going to speak to her hubby and family and friends and that she would share my book and Ron Pauls thoughts to everyone she came into contact with....she asked where she could purchase more too!!:p

as corny as this is gonna sound i feel a bit emotional....i woke her up by leaving my book and now she will "pay it forward".....i feel so good that im going to buy about 10 more copies of the book to leave on each floor of the hospital:D

i also work at a substance abuse hospital and have converted quite a few addicts to vote for Paul.....they really like the whole pardon for non violent drug offense;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do YOU think should be some suggested Forewords?:

Hi and welcome to the r3VOLution,
Please when reading this book, don’t read it as a Democrat, or a Republican. Don’t read it as a Liberal or a Conservative. Read it as an American who values your freedoms.
If you enjoy this book as much as I did, please pass it on so that this message of freedom can reach others. Better yet, buy several copies and pass them out as I have with your own message. If you read the book, you know that the small price of a few books will be returned to you 100 times over if this message ever sticks.
In any case please E-mail me and let me know what you think of the book and how you are going to pass this message on.
Thanks and enjoy,
Frank 04/26/08
(add e-mail address)

On May 8th, 2008 GaleRazorwind says:
I wrote a little thing about "If your eyes have been opened and you are ready to join the revolution, please sign and date below. Please be sure to pass this book on."

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
-Mark Twain

On May 2nd, 2008 sempiternal says:
There are 123,291 Libraries in the U.S. If everyone took a few minutes to request a copy of The Revolution at their local Libraries' websites, it would not only boost sales, but ensure the book is widely available.

Projects Underway!
RevolutionByMail.com - Discussion Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136337)
Revolution By Mail project needs a design and coder (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136397)
Mail a Copy of the Revolution to ALL the Delegates! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136113)
How much will all this "Buy the Manifesto for..." cost? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136331)
BUY REVOLUTION: MANIFESTO for National/State Delegates!!! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135585)

Get requesting! Get spreading! :D

UtahApocalypse
05-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I love the idea of leaving a message in the book when giving it away. Also the idea to have everyone that passes it along add their own message and date. I will be getting a few copies this weekend if they are not sold out.

Conza88
05-10-2008, 01:58 AM
The revolution a manifesto is:

Posted May 10th, 2008 by freedumb
My new weapon of mass education. I dont know about you but this has been huge for me, give it a shot. For months i had been talking to as many people as i could daily spreading the revolution to those who are still asleep.

Some took to the message some did not . I found laziness is our biggest obstacle most people wont go to google and type in Ron Pauls name and do some research but my new weapon is a powerfull one. I purchased several copies of the revolution, read my personal copy and started to circulate the other copies as well as my own two days later. I have now converted 100% of the people who read the book the number now is at 11 and four copies are with four more people.

I have a 4day policy if they are finished with the book or not i repo it for if you can put this book down you dont care about this country or the future of your children. All 11 have finished the book in 4 days or less thus far.

I talked to strangers and aqaintences, good friends and relatives for months to spark the interest now the people i give the book to are telling other people about it. currently two copies are with gentlemen who work at a local supply house and the other two are with family members. This works give it a shot!

Conza88
05-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Everyone buy the book
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136988

I bought two copies and gave one away. Then I got a call from the lady I gave it to, wanting three more. Then she called again wanting four more. I should have bought a case or two, because I have the feeling this is just the beginning. One of the copies she asked for will go to the chairman of our county Republican committee....

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Bought a couple cases already and am also looking into what it would take to do a local "Book Drive" to announce it being #1 and all?

Could we hold something at all barnes n nobles or wherever? get local news there and really get some buzz backing it for its #1 debut?

Conza88
05-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Someone gave this thread 1 stars? Was it you Sally? hahah. :rolleyes:
BUMP for the Revolution that won't die. BUMP for Freedom & Liberty. BUMP for Peace & Prosperity. BUMP for Ron Paul and all that he stands for. BUMP for Principle & Compassion. BUMP for speaking truth to power. BUMP for Hope & Common Sense. BUMP for Logic & Knowledge. And finally a BUMP for Humanity.

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I didn't know my library had The Revolution. I looked it up on their website.

------- Public Library
(0 of 1 available)

It's due back on the 27th, though I think I'll be ordering mine before then. :D

Conza88
05-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I didn't know my library had The Revolution. I looked it up on their website.

It's due back on the 27th, though I think I'll be ordering mine before then. :D

Tell them they need more copies! :D

or put in demand etc.. get them to think about it ;)

kathy88
05-13-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm so glad I read this thread before leaving for work. It made my day. Keep up the good work EVERYONE. We are making a difference.

Conza88
05-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Here's the link (http://conservativeforchange.blogspot.com/2008/05/revolution-freedom-and-liberty.html).

People who have been contemptuous of Ron Paul are showing him respect after reading The Revolution: A Manifesto. First Glenn Reynolds, then the New York Sun, and now this:

"We give Ron Paul a lot of crap on this site, especially his supporters for trying to uncoil the Republican nominating process in St. Paul later this year. But we must give credit, where credit is due. Ron Paul is a force to be reckoned with, and his latest adventure proves just that. I have just finished reading his new book The Revolution: A Manifesto and was very surprised. This is one of the greatest visions I have seen on Freedom and Liberty....

"His foreign policy stance was well argued in the book, more than it was in the primary. It is hard in a debate that has about 10 candidates trying to state their position on the various issues. The one thing he said in the debates that triggered a lot of resentment was that the reason we got attacked on 9/11 was because we were over there. That statement was the reason I did not support him for President.

"There wasn't enough time to adequately explain that statement, but he does in the book, and it starts to make you think. I still believe that the Constitution grants the President the ability to defend the country at all cost and take pre-emptive action. However, our country has taken the approach over the past half century of being the worlds policeman. That is the reason we are still in a lot of countries and wasting a lot of money that could be used for essential needs.

"The size of our government has gotten too big. Ron Paul explains brilliantly how our Constitution constrains the government and that we have moved beyond the constraints. Just look to the right and you will see. That clock ticks and ticks and Washington does nothing to stop it. They are the ones that are contributing to it. We need drastic cuts in government spending to stop a disaster that is waiting to happen.

"Since the end of the Republican primary I have become a fan of Ron Paul. I don't regret not supporting him in the first place, but nonetheless I have become a fan. This book is essential to the conservative movement. It outlines the principles behind liberty and freedom and what it will take to get us back to sanity."

:)

Conza88
05-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Bumperty :D

Conza88
06-17-2008, 08:46 PM
:D

ForLiberty-RonPaul
06-17-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142921

I agree!

liberteebell
06-17-2008, 09:19 PM
:D:cool::D

Conza88
08-03-2008, 05:50 AM
:D

Conza88
09-11-2008, 04:04 AM
;)

Conza88
09-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Bump for Sally08.

Conza88
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Bump For Kade.

BarryDonegan
10-08-2008, 05:53 PM
wonder if shepard smith, neal cavuto, frank luntz, michael savage, and glenn beck got book bombed?

JaylieWoW
10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
My family confessional...

My mother is Mormon and as such, was a strong supporter of Mitt Romney. I think there is a great deal of "dis" information about the Mormon church. The base philosophy of the Mormon church is very simple, "Freedom of Choice".

I tried so hard to sway her and my step-father (also Mormon). But, they were determined to support one of their own.

You can imagine my surprise when I received a series of emails from my mother about Ron Paul.

In one of them she says (and some of you have said as much too) that he should be shouting from the rooftops and reaching everyone as quickly as he can. She says, "everything he said would happen is happening". My response to her was similar to my response here... Mom, don't you think that is an awfully huge burden to put on one man's shoulders?

In another of her emails she says that everyone in the church needs to hear what Ron Paul has to say. She says all Mormons (remember their base philosophy) would be immediately drawn to his message of personal liberty and personal responsibility.

Just wanted to add yet another to the stack of those who are starting to wake up. Perhaps that firestorm in the prairie really is still going...

Conza88
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
My family confessional...

My mother is Mormon and as such, was a strong supporter of Mitt Romney. I think there is a great deal of "dis" information about the Mormon church. The base philosophy of the Mormon church is very simple, "Freedom of Choice".

I tried so hard to sway her and my step-father (also Mormon). But, they were determined to support one of their own.

You can imagine my surprise when I received a series of emails from my mother about Ron Paul.

In one of them she says (and some of you have said as much too) that he should be shouting from the rooftops and reaching everyone as quickly as he can. She says, "everything he said would happen is happening". My response to her was similar to my response here... Mom, don't you think that is an awfully huge burden to put on one man's shoulders?

In another of her emails she says that everyone in the church needs to hear what Ron Paul has to say. She says all Mormons (remember their base philosophy) would be immediately drawn to his message of personal liberty and personal responsibility.

Just wanted to add yet another to the stack of those who are starting to wake up. Perhaps that firestorm in the prairie really is still going...

Great stuff! :)

Tbh, I really do think the media is suppressing the true feeling around the country. I recon A LOT of people out there have suddenly 'clicked'... but the media DOES set the agenda, from anything to everything....

I really feel we're a lot larger than we think... the forum activity & membership really shouldn't be used as a guage. The tales on lewrockwell blog about the writers / authors randomly having, "austrian discussions" with strangers... who correctly blame the fed and printing too much money, yeah just randomly at shopping centers... so you can't help but think, it's all around the country, thousands of incidents like that going on atm and will continue.

The truth is self evident... when the cogwebs of ignorance and removed, the truth shines clear. :)

mport1
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Another good book to buy lots of and give away is Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt. You can get the new version from Mises for only $12 (http://www.mises.org/store/product.aspx?ProductId=33) or from Amazon for about $7 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0517548232/sr=8-1/qid=1223515991/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1223515991&sr=8-1&seller=).

JaylieWoW
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Another good book to buy lots of and give away is Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt. You can get the new version from Mises for only $12 (http://www.mises.org/store/product.aspx?ProductId=33) or from Amazon for about $7 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0517548232/sr=8-1/qid=1223515991/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1223515991&sr=8-1&seller=).

My copy of this book is quite colorfully full of highlights and tiny penned notes in the margins. :D

I need to tell my mom to go to Mises and get it!

Kade
10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Bump For Kade.

Did Ron Paul even write this?

Conza88
10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Did Ron Paul even write this?

You mean like all these ones (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-collection2.html)? :)

He gives a variation of the same speech, he goes off the top of his head, he's been around for 30 years, he's wasn't exactly in high demand during the blackout, all the time on planes, buses, cars traveling. You don't think he wrote it? :confused: But he's going under the guise as if he did? That's crazy-zeh. :rolleyes:

Conza88
04-30-2009, 04:23 AM
bump for LE.