PDA

View Full Version : McCain acknowledges Paul

revolutionman
05-09-2008, 06:41 AM
On The Daily Show

It was the May 7th edition I think. I cant find the footage, but he says something along the lines of "Well ya know, Ron Paul hasn't dropped out of the race yet."

it was a very brief statement and was never elaborated upon.

i'm pretty sure hes just trying to win over Paul supporters by appearing to play fair even if the media wont report on Paul.

Dustancostine
05-09-2008, 07:11 AM
He was on the daily show, he probably thinks he was being funny.

heartless
05-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Mccain acknowledging Paul is like a skydiver acknowledging gravity; no matter if he chooses to or not, it's still there and has an effect on everything

Tsar Bomba
05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/05/09/infighting_rains_on_mccains_party/

I don't necessarily think it's a good thing that the MSM is catching on to the delegate-snatching but at the same time, press is press.

HotRodAngel
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
McCain was asked if He had to support either Obama or Clinton who whould he chooose. His reply was "Well Ron Paul is still running." So it was almost like an offhanded comment used to deflect the actual question. If it was meant as a joke, at least he acknowlaged Ron Paul... now if Ron could only get McCain to debate him ...

phixion
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
He tried to make it appear as if Ron Paul wasn't a threat but I saw right through it. He's scared of Ron. Very.

He wouldn't of even brought him up otherwise.

Ron is under McCains skin, eating away at him worse than his cancer. Unfortunately for John McCain Ron Paul is the lump he cannot remove.

Pete

Nathan Hale
05-09-2008, 10:25 PM
He tried to make it appear as if Ron Paul wasn't a threat but I saw right through it. He's scared of Ron. Very.

Ron is under McCains skin, eating away at him worse than his cancer. Unfortunately for John McCain Ron Paul is the lump he cannot remove.

Pete

Do you honestly believe this? What about this makes you think that McCain sees Paul as a threat?

RSLudlum
05-09-2008, 10:44 PM
and Stewart replied: "I like him. He was on the program. He was an interesting guy."

~2:35
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=167939&title=john-mccain-pt.-2

countrykidz4freedom
05-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Hate to disagree, but I have watched McCain a lot & I think his comment was more that he was using Ron Paul as a diversion tactic, rather than to answer the question. I watched him on the O'Reilly show last night, and saw him use the same technique when he was asked about immigration. I was always taught to be open and honest about things, and not beat about the bush-but many will project what they want you to believe rather than what they are truly about.

revolutionman
05-10-2008, 01:19 PM
regardless of McCains intention He said Ron Pauls name on a highly rated cable TV show, and unlike a lot of newws media outlets, he actually delivered accurate information . I feel sad for him if he thought he was joking. it wasn't delivered in a way that was remotely humorous.