PDA

View Full Version : Important question... Has Ron Paul endorsed...

mrchubbs
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Has Ron Paul endorsed any candidate who is running against an incumbent Republican in a primary?

mdh
05-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Why is it important?

mrchubbs
05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Why is it important?

Because I don't think he has done so even though there are candidates running against incumbent Republicans who are much more in line with Ron Paul's platform than the incumbent.

Jeremy
05-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Vern is the candidate that comes to mind and I don't think Ron has endorsed him. But remember that an endorsement is not always a good thing.

mrchubbs
05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes McKinley is the main one.

I can't find a single example where he endorsed against an incumbent Republican. I think it is his policy not to.... Which makes me think sometimes that even RP plays the game of party politics.

It's aggravating for me because of my support for McKinley. RP won't endorse against the war loving Frank Wolf? I'm rarely critical of RP, but this is quite annoying.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes McKinley is the main one.

I can't find a single example where he endorsed against an incumbent Republican. I think it is his policy not to.... Which makes me think sometimes that even RP plays the game of party politics.

It's aggravating for me because of my support for McKinley. RP won't endorse against the war loving Frank Wolf? I'm rarely critical of RP, but this is quite annoying.

If he truly does avoid endorsing RP Republicans against neo-con incumbents, that is unsettling. Is it possible he's afraid of some punitive action? I'm not sure what the GOP could really do to him though.

He's already treated by the neo-cons as a laughing stock and nut within their own party. And they already tried to primary him with Peden, which failed miserably. Here's to hoping Ron Paul shows a little more gusto against his fellow GOP Congressmen who deserve to be brought down. Party be damned.

mrchubbs
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Unsettling is a bit tame for how I feel about it.
:mad:

Bradley in DC
05-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Dr. Paul has not endorsed any challengers to incumbents (so far). He has been besieged by requests for endorsements, speaking, campaigning, etc., and still has that pesky day job defending the Constitution and our liberties.

As I understand it, he has focused so far on the challengers only. If only he had fewer things on his plate...:)