PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone come to a conclusion why Maher doesn't talk about Ron Paul?

d991
08-22-2007, 09:09 PM
http://www.newshounds.us/2007/08/22/oreilly_there_isnt_going_to_be_any_accountability_ for_bush_except_in_historical_realm.php

The clip is messed up, but basically O'Reilly asks Maher if he'd vote for a Republican and Maher flat out said no. He was on Larry King not too long ago and when asked about candidates didn't mention at thing.

Does Maher have amnesia?!? Was he not the one who said Ron Paul was his new hero? WTF is wrong with this guy. When he came out and had Ron Paul on his show I was thinking he might be someone who could at least give mention to the campaign, but now nothing.

Any ideas??!?

Kuldebar
08-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Bill Maher isn't a philosophically consistent person. He is all over the spectrum and often in a contradictory way.

His "support" for Paul was great, but I never expected any mileage out it. I base this on Maher's past record of public stances and in particular on his interview during the 2000 election with the late Harry Browne on Politically Incorrect.

He's an ideological fop, not a man that will stand shoulder to shoulder with us.

honkywill
08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
maybe he realizes he would cause more harm to ron paul's campaign by endorsing him on oliely?

trispear
08-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe he just agreed with RP on Iraq and didn't go for a broader endorsement.

joshdvm
08-22-2007, 09:28 PM
This is exactly what I WOULD expect from him. It's naive NOT to expect this. Maher is completely untrustworthy and intellectually dishonest. I don't believe he ever really meant what he said. That's the explanation.

Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were to turn around and deliver the most vicious attacks against RP at some time in the future if it suited him.

james1906
08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Maher's a sheep who has to look cool in front of his friends.

SWATH
08-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Did anyone come to a conclusion why Maher doesn't talk about Ron Paul?Yes, it's because he sucks

akovacs
08-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Maher says he's libertarian, but isn't in the slightest. It seems that almost every show has him talking about how we need more government in our lives (Example: He wants universal health care).

I'm sure he agreed with Paul on the war, but I doubt he would find much else to agree with him on. It's kind of the same way I can admire someone like Kucinich because they are principled, consistent, and not corrupt. I would never vote for him in a million years though.

fj45lvr
08-22-2007, 10:09 PM
paul lacks three important numbers 36-24-36

SWATH
08-22-2007, 10:15 PM
paul lacks three important numbers 36-24-36

I think if Paul were going to McVeigh him he would need these numbers, 34-0-0:p BTW, to whoever knows what that means, please turn yourself into the DHS immediately for our safety. Thanks

Richandler
08-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Maher is not a big fan of guns on planes. Since he is a skeptic it's safe to assume he's not to sure Paul will be able to get anything done in office with what will most likely be a Democratic congress.

From his HBO special he said something along the lines of, Republicans claim to be small government because they don't know how to run it.

speciallyblend
08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
If you have my space ,then add bill maher,then after you have done the add friend,go to block user,so when the crew over there on his my space goes to add you,it should say this user has blocked you;) after a few thousand or more adds as friends he might get the idea;)

ADD BILL MAHER TO YOUR MY SPACE,THEN BLOCK USER GO GET'em Paulites ,that should start to make bill maher question,whats up ,in a nice way

speciallyblend
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
If you have my space ,then add bill maher,then after you have done the add friend,go to block user,so when the crew over there on his my space goes to add you,it should say this user has blocked you;) after a few thousand or more adds as friends he might get the idea;)

ADD BILL MAHER TO YOUR MY SPACE,THEN BLOCK USER GO GET'em Paulites ,that should start to make bill maher question,whats up ,in a nice way

Ron Paul2008 Colorado

speciallyblend
08-22-2007, 10:42 PM
ooops

pwnsey
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Maher said he supports edwards.

ksuguy
08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Bill Maher is only a libertarian when it comes to drugs and hookers.

kickzman
08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Come on guys, Bill Maher is just a pawn of the MSM...He just says things that sound good to us ppl who are growing more and more restless w/ the MSM. But ultimately even if he DOES SUPPORT RP, he can't say that on MSM air ways....>.>

akovacs
08-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Bill Maher is only a libertarian when it comes to drugs and hookers.

Yes, exactly. He doesn't support republicans guys. This is nothing to get angry over. It would be like asking Pelosi to endorse Paul: It's not going to happen.

American
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Maher is a comedian, he is like Bob Villa, Villa doesn't know shit about building (and has been sued many times) its just a job.

He only cares about himself