PDA

View Full Version : I think Augusts Cho is going to run again

Jeremy
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
From his website:

Many thanks to all who voted for me yesterday. Although the outcome was not what I hoped for, I am proud of my campaign and you will be hearing from me again!

We'll beat him in 2010 too if he decides to run again =)

By the way, speaking of losers running again... Chris Peden said the same thing.

yongrel
05-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Whoop de friggin do. Crazy little bugger, he is.

Let's win the general before we think about Cho again.

Jeremy
05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Whoop de friggin do. Crazy little bugger, he is.

Let's win the general before we think about Cho again.

Yup, but he can still run even when Lawson wins of course. I'm just saying... we need to remember names like Romney, Peden, and Cho because they'll be back... unless their horrible message has already been dissolved by then =o

MGreen
05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
He lost 70-30. Those are already incumbent numbers. BJ would have to suffer some big scandals to get beat by Cho in 2010 or beyond.

FireofLiberty
05-08-2008, 01:22 PM
As far as I know, Augustus didn't even call B.J to concede and has yet to personally or non-personally congratulate him on his victory. By the way, Augustus signs all of his e-mails with "strength and honor." Think about that for a second.

Meanwhile, Chuck Campbell has posted a rather bitter, sore loserish post on his blog. Here's a little tidbit from his blog entry: "What I observed was that the libertarians’ candidate had effectively placed his signs in about 80% of the precincts in Southern Wake County, and about two-thirds of the ones in Cary, Apex and Morrisville; but that they missed over half of the precincts in Durham County, especially those in mostly black or African American precincts."

Maybe it wasn't that we "missed" the precincts -- maybe it was that our signs "mysteriously" disappeared just like they have been doing for the last month...

Then, today, Melodie Parrish -- Chairwoman of the Durham County Republican Party -- announced her resignation as Chair. She was a hardcore Cho supporter and part of a small, but vocal minority dead set against B.J. from the beginning. I won't get into everything that happened in the last few months that involved her and that all ultimately resulted from B.J. running, but I'll sum it up with one word: drama.

Here's the e-mail she sent out announcing her resignation:

To all the party faithful:

I have analyzed the last few months of trying to lead a party where clearly all persons were not working in the best interest of the DCGOP and the 4th District. With that said, it is obvious to me that I will no longer be able to lead in what I think is in the best interest of the North Carolina GOP and the DCGOP for the following reason: A Congressional candidate has been actively supported in the primary by members of the DCGOP and the Executive Committee, resulting in his election, who, in my opinion, does not support the existence of our party, our platform or our national nominee, John McCain.

See the following links:

www.rlc.org/ [RLC versus RNC]

www.paulcongress.com/Candidates2.html [look near the bottom for NC – R]

www.ronpaul2008.com/ ["Now There Are Two" as in John McCain & Ron Paul]

Additionally, this individual has never even served in the Republican Party in any capacity.

Worse, I have also witnessed, in my view, malicious personal attacks by member(s) of the DCGOP on another Republican candidate who does support the NCGOP, adheres to the NCGOP Platform and has served the Republican Party faithfully and successfully as a precinct chair and as a county chair.

In light of these events, I am submitting my resignation - effectively immediately - as a member of the DCGOP. I will gladly continue to support true Republicans, who have not consciously mislead persons and usurped the Republican Party organization for another organizations' agenda. I wish the DCGOP well and will forward all chair information, materials, passwords to web sites, etc. to the Vice Chair or the designee.

I wish to thank David Smudski and Teiji Kimball for trying their best to resolve a very unfortunate and an unnecessary situation. I would also like to recommend that others who have contributed to the discord in our party resign as well.

This correspondence is the first and only correspondence that I have had with any member of the DCGOP since the election; therefore, everyone is receiving it firsthand.

Best Regards,

Melodie Parrish

*sigh*

In the end, it's really sad it had to end like this. I'm just glad this very bitter primary is over and we were victorious. Hopefully these people will get over it, climb out of their holes after they've had time to sulk and mourn and come over and support us, because the fact is while they may disagree with us on some issues they agree with us on the majority of issues and they can certainly agree that B.J. is definitely better than David Price.

yongrel
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
As far as I know, Augustus didn't even call B.J to concede and has yet to personally or non-personally congratulate him on his victory. By the way, Augustus signs all of his e-mails with "strength and honor." Think about that for a second.

Meanwhile, Chuck Campbell has posted a rather bitter, sore loserish post on his blog. Here's a little tidbit from his blog entry: "What I observed was that the libertarians’ candidate had effectively placed his signs in about 80% of the precincts in Southern Wake County, and about two-thirds of the ones in Cary, Apex and Morrisville; but that they missed over half of the precincts in Durham County, especially those in mostly black or African American precincts."

Maybe it wasn't that we "missed" the precincts -- maybe it was that our signs "mysteriously" disappeared just like they have been doing for the last month...

Then, today, Melodie Parrish -- Chairwoman of the Durham County Republican Party -- announced her resignation as Chair. She was a hardcore Cho supporter and part of a small, but vocal minority dead set against B.J. from the beginning. I won't get into everything that happened in the last few months that involved her and that all ultimately resulted from B.J. running, but I'll sum it up with one word: drama.

*sigh*

In the end, it's really sad it had to end like this. I'm just glad this very bitter primary is over and we were victorious. Hopefully these people will get over it, climb out of their holes after they've had time to sulk and mourn and come over and support us, because the fact is while they may disagree with us on some issues they agree with us on the majority of issues and they can certainly agree that B.J. is definitely better than David Price.

As always, thanks for the inside info! :D

Conza88
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
*sigh*

Woah, hold up. No sighing. You royally KICKED their ass and JUSTICE was served. You don't *sigh* when you kick Satan in the face down 4 flights of stairs.

I don't see how it could have ended any other way. The assclowns lost power. Their campaign tanked tremendously. The lady who resigned is probably not going to get her RFID chip too say she's one of "them". Now she's screwed and bitter.

They don't care about issues, they care about power. Simple as that. Cho can rot in hell for all I care, from what I heard of his character - he probably will.

crazyfingers
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
In light of these events, I am submitting my resignation - effectively immediately - as a member of the DCGOP

Nice. I hope all of the neocon imposters leave the Republican party. Then maybe we can start to take our country back.

mdh
05-08-2008, 02:10 PM

*sigh*

Opportunity. Get one of our people into that open role!

Cowlesy
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
It ceases to amaze me that these leaders like Ms. Parrish are completely unaware of what traditional republican values are, and that Lawson is extremely republican.

sillyness.

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
If Cho and Peden are the best they have to pit against us---good!

itshappening
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
when RP retires, Pedan is still going to be there... we need to think about succession in his district...

MRoCkEd
05-08-2008, 03:55 PM
ron shall never retire!
or at least, not until we fill congress with 100 more of him

amy31416
05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
ron shall never retire!
or at least, not until we fill congress with 100 more of him

I think we have to face some facts that this could possibly be Ron's last two years in Congress, if we're lucky we have 4 more years. That's just one of the reasons it's so important for us to keep up the momentum and enthusiasm.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I think we have to face some facts that this could possibly be Ron's last two years in Congress, if we're lucky we have 4 more years. That's just one of the reasons it's so important for us to keep up the momentum and enthusiasm.

But think of where Health Care will be in 4 years! It will be UNIVERSSSSSSaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll! It'll be FREE!! :rolleyes: x 1984.

MRoCkEd
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
too bad free healthcare isn't free