Misesian
05-08-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/features/poll.html

McCain 51%
Paul 8%

Time to correct this one!

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Good God, he's trailing "other". Good call--let's pound this one!

Aratus
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
RP is now 9%

Misesian
05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
bump

Misesian
05-08-2008, 11:07 AM
There's almost 1500 total votes, so in order to win this one you'll have to send this out to your meetup groups and post this poll on other forums as well. Can we pull this one off?!

Misesian
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
looks like Obama's people are doing the same thing here. We can't win a web poll?!

Give me liberty
05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
McCain Doesnt sound like a True Christan I am sad and at shamed that Chirstans think McCain Is
a real Christan, McCain doesnt follow Jesus teachings.

dannno
05-08-2008, 04:35 PM
11%

Obama is destroying Hillary... go figure.. (ya know.. the whole preacher thing.. thought that would get to the christians more, but I guess they hate infidelity even more)

idiom
05-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Dude, McCain doesn't follow anyones teachings.

hawaiisb
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
12% and climbing.

I know where this christian perspective is coming from. My parents are from Wisconsin and became missionaries in the early 1970's and are still missionaries. I was born in Amsterdam, Netherlands and spent my whole life travelling across Europe, North America, and even to places as remote as Reunion Island and Madigascar. As I travelled I found that I could associate with people all over the world and I felt we all as people shared a common bond. This is what so energized me to become active in this campaign where I currently reside in Hawaii, where my parents are still working at and helped start the YWAM college University of the Nations in the 70's. I have found Ron Paul's message to be exactly what people all around the world that I met were yearning for.

But when it comes to McCain and christians I am saddened at how easy it has been for my own parents to not see the truth.

I asked my parents if they had heard of Ron Paul and my dad answers "yes but I dont know where he stands on moral issues" which truly means he doesnt know and thinks that Ron Paul would be pro-choice which my parents oppose. And then tells me that every 4 years they await the outside input on how to vote from Focus on the Family and other organizations. I was appalled that they wouldnt even educate themselves about the candidates for the primaries but were waiting until after they were over to hear from their organizations on who, of the people left, is the best one to vote for.

I have since flooded my parents with links to Ron Paul speeches pretty much every other day. I even looked into some of my parents past choices such as Pat Buchanan and Alan Keyes to write essays to them on how these people all agree on "key" points.

The reason that people are voting this way is because they truly are underinformed. The way to change this in my opinion is to just educate as much as possible and continue on our path of showing people history and how we got where we are and how we can change it.

Educating people like my parents will do leaps and bounds for this movement. The way to change the votes of people who let others make up their minds for them is to educate both the voters and the genuine people who are misinformed that hold the trust of the voters.

Wow this is a long post. My 3rd post ever and I think my first post that broke 1 or 2 sentences long.

Adharcan
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Why the hell bother if it is a Christian poll?

hillertexas
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
voted
Which candidate do you support?
Hillary Clinton
5%
John McCain
48%
Barack Obama
25%
Ron Paul
13%
Other
8%
Total Votes: 2009

idiom
05-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Because, believe it or not, Christians vote too.

Soccrmastr
05-08-2008, 06:29 PM
who cares, internet polls dont matter anymore.

idiom
05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
We still need to alter perceptions and awaken the populace. If we turn the Gop nomiantion, or RP runs as an Idependent, or if we want to get all these congressmen elected, then we must still fight the wider fight in any way available to us.

The Grassroots has especailly failed to penetrate the 'christian' segment of the Gop, which should be low hanging fruit given RP's sentiments about Abortion, Born againness and the general left wingedness of McCain.

georgiaboy
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
14%

acptulsa
05-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Don't stop now.

angelatc
05-09-2008, 07:08 AM
done

danielboon
05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
15% keepit going

heartless
05-09-2008, 07:26 AM
bump!

bucfish
05-09-2008, 07:29 AM
15% still keep voting

LEK
05-09-2008, 07:32 AM
12% and climbing.

I know where this christian perspective is coming from. My parents are from Wisconsin and became missionaries in the early 1970's and are still missionaries. I was born in Amsterdam, Netherlands and spent my whole life travelling across Europe, North America, and even to places as remote as Reunion Island and Madigascar. As I travelled I found that I could associate with people all over the world and I felt we all as people shared a common bond. This is what so energized me to become active in this campaign where I currently reside in Hawaii, where my parents are still working at and helped start the YWAM college University of the Nations in the 70's. I have found Ron Paul's message to be exactly what people all around the world that I met were yearning for.

But when it comes to McCain and christians I am saddened at how easy it has been for my own parents to not see the truth.

I asked my parents if they had heard of Ron Paul and my dad answers "yes but I dont know where he stands on moral issues" which truly means he doesnt know and thinks that Ron Paul would be pro-choice which my parents oppose. And then tells me that every 4 years they await the outside input on how to vote from Focus on the Family and other organizations. I was appalled that they wouldnt even educate themselves about the candidates for the primaries but were waiting until after they were over to hear from their organizations on who, of the people left, is the best one to vote for.

I have since flooded my parents with links to Ron Paul speeches pretty much every other day. I even looked into some of my parents past choices such as Pat Buchanan and Alan Keyes to write essays to them on how these people all agree on "key" points.

The reason that people are voting this way is because they truly are underinformed. The way to change this in my opinion is to just educate as much as possible and continue on our path of showing people history and how we got where we are and how we can change it.

Educating people like my parents will do leaps and bounds for this movement. The way to change the votes of people who let others make up their minds for them is to educate both the voters and the genuine people who are misinformed that hold the trust of the voters.

Wow this is a long post. My 3rd post ever and I think my first post that broke 1 or 2 sentences long.

Send your parents these links:

Please read Ron Paul's Statement of Faith: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/...ment-of-faith/
(Please note his Pro-Life position - no other candidate has done more for the unborn).

And watch his speech at Liberty University (he gives his testimony in Part 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5uzGv1ijk

And read his interview with beliefnet: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/229/story_22909_1.html

Conza88
05-09-2008, 07:46 AM
15%....

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? :rolleyes:

He wouldn't vote for McCain thats for sure!

CurtisLow
05-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Which candidate do you support?
Hillary Clinton
5%
John McCain
47%
Barack Obama
25%
Ron Paul
15%
Other
8%

I hear ya..

hawaiisb
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks alot LEK. Those links may just do the trick :D

Theocrat
05-09-2008, 11:13 PM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/features/poll.html

McCain 51%
Paul 8%

Time to correct this one!

I'm a Christian, and I support Congressman Paul 100%! :D