PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul for Governor of Texas!!!!

Kotin
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I was thinking..

as we all know, Rick Fairy will be running for a 3rd term as Governor.. and this puts us in an interesting situation..

If Ron Paul is not able to get the nomination and all that..

i was thinking that we should start a grassroots draft movement to get Dr.Paul to run for Governor of Texas.

we all know he could win easy, there would be no "he cant win" stigma to fight against.

think about it! Governor Ron Paul!

the best part us that we can prove all the things he has been saying, because really, being a Governor is like running a mini country.

we could prove just how well our ideals and practices of limited government work!

I myself, and thousands of others would give all their time and effort to get him elected.

if we really want to get rid of the NAU and TTC now, he could really help in that effort 1000 times more as Governor

and he could set precedence and really show the other states how to stand up for their rights.

james1906
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I've been thinking about this too. I really think he'd stand a chance with his positions on the TTC, border security, taxes, and guns.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
thats what i am thinking.

this would be a race without any of the problems we had at the national level.

and we have to act fast to make sure the ttc is toast.

-lotus-
05-08-2008, 10:47 AM
He serves us better as a congressman. Unless he plans secede the state from the Union, Id say he should stay where he is for now

yaz
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
doubt he would

Kotin
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
He serves us better as a congressman. Unless he plans secede the state from the Union, Id say he should stay where he is for now

he has been great as our congressman but i really think he could get alot more done as Governor.

about 1% of his bills even get voted on in the house.

jkm1864
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
No if He becomes Governor He can end or slow the NAU in one swift stroke. He could put his son as lieutenant governor and stop the transtexas cooridor. I like the idea plus He could build a state government volunteer militia which will end the so called militia personal gun debate.

Brown Sapper
05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I think someone already hit the nail right on the head we should try and put someone in that is relatively young and groom to be President. We don't have to sacrifice a congressional seat in order to get a governer seat do we?

Kotin
05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I think someone hit it right on the head we should try and put someone in that is relatively young and groom to be President. We don't have to sacrifice a congressional seat in order to get a governer seat do we?

i would not mind it but, the fact that he would undoubtedly win is very appealing..

constituent
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
twentyten

if you're serious though, let's start working today.

Brown Sapper
05-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I houston we have been work on turning our grassroots organization into something more solid right now. It still in its early stage but eventually is should be like what they going for them in Nevada right now.

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
doubt he would

I'd agree with you--if it weren't for the Trans-Texas Corridor.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I'd agree with you--if it weren't for the Trans-Texas Corridor.

that is the key.

and i know it is a passion of our hero's to get rid of the TTC

Texan4Life
05-08-2008, 11:30 AM
+1 for governor.

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
It's an attractive thought, I think he needs to be in Washington though.

Alawn
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I think it would be a better idea for him to run for senate. I'm sure he could win that easy and he would have a bigger effect on the federal government.

DealzOnWheelz
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes but the average american looks at a Governor in greater regards than congressman and senators

plus alot of states don't stand up for their constitutional rights so having ROn Paul Bashing the fed anytime they try to infringe on states rights may wake up some other governors and senators and congressman

AJ Antimony
05-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Um, what about Speaker of the House?

constituent
05-08-2008, 02:01 PM
It's an attractive thought, I think he needs to be in Washington though.

i love your avatars. my biology teacher in high school always called me kokopelli.

Kade
05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I was thinking..

as we all know, Rick Fairy will be running for a 3rd term as Governor.. and this puts us in an interesting situation..

If Ron Paul is not able to get the nomination and all that..

i was thinking that we should start a grassroots draft movement to get Dr.Paul to run for Governor of Texas.

we all know he could win easy, there would be no "he cant win" stigma to fight against.

think about it! Governor Ron Paul!

the best part us that we can prove all the things he has been saying, because really, being a Governor is like running a mini country.

we could prove just how well our ideals and practices of limited government work!

I myself, and thousands of others would give all their time and effort to get him elected.

if we really want to get rid of the NAU and TTC now, he could really help in that effort 1000 times more as Governor

and he could set precedence and really show the other states how to stand up for their rights.

I have always thought that RP would make an outstanding Governor. I would do everything in my power, with more passion, to help him get elected to a Governorship in Texas...

constituent
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I have always thought that RP would make an outstanding Governor. I would do everything in my power, with more passion, to help him get elected to a Governorship in Texas...

the first step would have to be securing the vote. i firmly believe that kinky (in spite of himself) probably won the election and was probably robbed. I'm certain that Rick did not get the votes he claimed.

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 02:13 PM
He has done more then enough for all of our lifetimes so far. Asking anymore of him is insane, I think we need to find and build up the next ron paul candidates and allow ron to know that "we got it from here" and him being able to truly believe it.

Lets continue this and get governors, mayors, senate and so on ALL UNDER THE SAME platform.

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 02:14 PM
the first step would have to be securing the vote. i firmly believe that kinky (in spite of himself) probably won the election and was probably robbed. I'm certain that Rick did not get the votes he claimed.

Careful, they'll fit you for a tinfoil hat. I believe there are a few around here who would deny the existence of voter fraud in Chicago itself, where dead men voting is a grand old (well documented) tradition.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
It was not vote fraud that stole it from him, i mean sure its possible, but it was the split vote, they stacked the deck against Kinky, if it was Kinky vs Rick Fairy 1on1 Kinky would win.

what makes you think they wont do it again?

they could not beat Ron Paul, hes their worst nightmare.

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
i love your avatars. my biology teacher in high school always called me kokopelli.

Thanks! It's from one of my businesses, www.KokoMotion.com (http://www.KokoMotion.com). It's a CafePress store so it's hands-off, my wife and I are donating 80% of what we make from it to charity.

constituent
05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
It was not vote fraud that stole it from him, i mean sure its possible, but it was the split vote, they stacked the deck against Kinky, if it was Kinky vs Rick Fairy 1on1 Kinky would win.

what makes you think they wont do it again?

they could not beat Ron Paul, hes their worst nightmare.

if you think it could be put together in time for 08, you've got my help 100%. i don't think that we could lay the necessary groundwork in time and ensure victory though.

he's got his seat secured, i just don't know that it's worth this potential risk this election cycle (particularly considering that we'd probably get ripped off). with a fair vote he could not be stopped. i won't deny that.

constituent
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks! It's from one of my businesses, www.KokoMotion.com (http://www.KokoMotion.com). It's a CafePress store so it's hands-off, my wife and I are donating 80% of what we make from it to charity.

Man!!!! That is awesome!!!!!

You oughta add the link to your sig.

wgadget
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
twentyten

if you're serious though, let's start working today.

God, I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if he were governor!

wgadget
05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes but the average american looks at a Governor in greater regards than congressman and senators

plus alot of states don't stand up for their constitutional rights so having ROn Paul Bashing the fed anytime they try to infringe on states rights may wake up some other governors and senators and congressman

The standard thought is that people with executive experience are the best bets for President...positions such as governor fit the bill.

Another reason we're screwed in this presidential election. Three senators...ugh.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
i wonder how we can test the waters and see how interested he could potentially be..

MS0453
05-08-2008, 02:37 PM
i wonder how we can test the waters and see how interested he could potentially be..

It was called the Texas Republican presidential primary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Republican_primary,_2008#Results

Things didn't go so well.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
It was called the Texas Republican presidential primary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Republican_primary,_2008#Results

Things didn't go so well.

thats bs.

it would be completely different!!

everyone thought it was over, and this would be local, so they would know he could win:rolleyes:

MS0453
05-08-2008, 03:10 PM
thats bs.

it would be completely different!!

everyone thought it was over, and this would be local, so they would know he could win:rolleyes:

Everyone thought what was over? The election?

Kotin
05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Everyone thought what was over? The election?

yeah the point is, he wont have any people saying "I would vote for him if he could win"

he would win.

most dems and most repubs would vote for Ron Paul.

Fields
05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
If it's a worthy endeavor surely he would pursue it to further the revolution. End of story.

VaderM5
05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
As great as RP is in congress can easily get override by neocons.

dude58677
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Horrible idea. We need as many RP republicans in Congress as we can get. The leader of it not being there just would not cut it.

sratiug
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
If he were elected governor would he be able to appoint a replacement for himself in the House?

constituent
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
If he were elected governor would he be able to appoint a replacement for himself in the House?

me. hahahahah.

DFF
05-08-2008, 06:37 PM
It would be awesome...but how would we get past Diebold (AKA Premier)?

If he ran for Governor, you know these fuckers would be rigged left and right.

Captain America
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
if he ran and won the Governor of Texas i would move to Texas from PA

frasu
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I'll say it's a great idea... he could make Texas an example of a Constitution driven state...

james1906
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
There's also all the neocons in denial who say they like RP except for the Iraq position. Let's see if they really mean it.

hypnagogue
05-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Needless to say I'd vote for him, but this is the Dr.'s decision. I'm not going to get riled up or try and persuade him to run. He's an old man.

skyorbit
05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
I'd rather see him try to run for a Senate seat.

Tracy

Aidyl
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
my state never was very fond of our Texas neighbors, but if he became governor I would move in a heartbeat and trade all my razorback stuff and became a longhorn for life, lol. (Just kidding, we love y'all) I think he could have a lot of influence over citizens and local government than he does in Washington. The media can try to ignore him now, but they can't ignore a governor!

limequat
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
How about Rand Paul in Kentucky?

Kotin
05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
How about Rand Paul in Kentucky?

also a great idea

I count the days until Rand Paul runs for pu.blic office

jacobin
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Great idea. I'm set to help if there's any way we can make this happen...

Kotin
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
I have been talking to some the Leaders of the Austin Meetup, and they recieved the idea with open arms, and are actually really excited at the Prospect of Dr.Paul as our Governor

so we will see what we can do and explore our options.

and if Dr.Paul feels hes more useful elsewhere we will run our own Candidate.

its good because we have time, the race is in 2010

i'll keep the boards posted on our progress

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I have been talking to some the Leaders of the Austin Meetup, and they recieved the idea with open arms, and are actually really excited at the Prospect of Dr.Paul as our Governor

so we will see what we can do and explore our options.

and if Dr.Paul feels hes more useful elsewhere we will run our own Candidate.

its good because we have time, the race is in 2010

i'll keep the boards posted on our progress

You know I'll do whatever I can to help here in San Antonio.

HOLLYWOOD
05-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Ron PAUL would serve us better as a U.S. Senator.

TX Republican Senator - John Cronyn's seat is up November. That man is a Wack Job Neocon and needs to go ASAP! Ron Paul is the Man to do it.

http://www.2008racetracker.com/page/TX-Sen (http://www.2008racetracker.com/page/TX-Sen)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/4/4/185736/4199 (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/4/4/185736/4199)

http://atheism.about.com/b/2005/11/11/alito-government-should-support-religion-more.htm (http://atheism.about.com/b/2005/11/11/alito-government-should-support-religion-more.htm)

U.S. Senator John Cronyn is a bought and paid for, by special interest and if you find some of his speeches, you'll see how twisted his perspectives are on Americans and this country.

Senator John Cronyn is a Far Right Freak that has the court/judicial systems a complete mess.

ForLibertyFight
05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I think this is an excellent idea

sratiug
05-09-2008, 09:54 PM
The Texas Constitution
Article 4 - EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT
Section 7 - COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF MILITARY FORCES; CALLING FORTH MILITIA
He shall be Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State, except when they are called into actual service of the United States. He shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions. (Amended Nov. 2, 1999.)

These are the same three reasons the militias may be called up by Congress if you replace state with Union. None of those things have happened so any governor should call guard troops home immediately from their illegal deployment.

The governor can probably pardon all non-violent drug offenders, also. And he might could demand the use of gold and silver currency as required by the constitution for all states.

Knightskye
05-09-2008, 09:58 PM

There'd still be about 434 boneheads voting for everything. He could still be "Dr. No", he'd just be vetoing everything instead of voting no on things. :D

I'm for it. When's he have to declare by?

Kotin
05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
There'd still be about 434 boneheads voting for everything. He could still be "Dr. No", he'd just be vetoing everything instead of voting no on things. :D

I'm for it. When's he have to declare by?

before 2010 :D

Bradley in DC
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Ron PAUL would serve us better as a U.S. Senator.

TX Republican Senator - John Cronyn's seat is up November.

+1