PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton - What is she doing?

brandon
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I havn't followed the dem race very closely, because frankly I dont give a shit. I heard the other day that after the most recent primarys Clinton has virtually zero chance of getting either the most delegates or the most popular vote. Then she made a personal loan to her campaign of 6.5 million dollars after the results of this primary.

So wtf is her agenda? Why is she loaning herself so much money with no chance at winning? Can anyone shed some light on this?

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
She's just mad because it's her turn. Bush Clinton Bush... It's her turn, dammit!

Aratus
05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
there was this democrat businessman guy in my local governor's race who ran on

his own 10 million plus dollars... hillary's 11.5 million is in the same ballpark as my

local gubernatorial race, and is slightly larger than an amount that is a quarter of

mitt romney's legendary own 42 million from his legendary checkbook!!! can people

like rome's tribunes of 2100 years ago try to purchase public office? sometimes, yes!

crazyfingers
05-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't know but it's fun watching the Democratic Party destroy itself.

PatriotOne
05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
More and more lately, I have been entertaining the idea that Clinton winning the nomination by stealth is what is being manipulated behind the scenes to cause pandemonium and trigger the police state. I'm still kicking the tires of that one but there are some definate road signs.

TER
05-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Hillary is holding out on the superdelegates. If she can convince them Obama will not be elected over McCain, and she gets the majority of the superdelegates, than this will be a brokered convention.

Truth Warrior
05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Running for president and the 3rd term for Bubba, I assume, just like the TPTB promised them. :p

Fox McCloud
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
many have been quick to say that Obama has it clinched and that the race is already over....as it stands, I have a feeling the rest of the States will be split fairly evenly, and not enough delegates will be awarded to either side to get the nomination..and as someone else said--the super delegates will have to decide.

My personal opinion is that there will be a brokered convention, and Hillary will win by enough margins to win the nomination.

If that happen, she'll probably pick Obama as her VP, thus nearly guaranteeing she'll get elected.

Then, what will follow is years similar to "the Clinton years"...people will grow tired of it, and they'll seek a conservative to solve the problems....and they'll pick....Jeb Bush.

Bush Clinton Bush Clinton Bush......Clinton (Chelsea)?

*chuckles* don't think that it'll happen, but hey, it's fun to be pessimistic at times.

Primbs
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
She might be done for 2008. Here are today's headlines.

"federal prosecutors quietly assembled hundreds of pages of evidence suggesting she concealed information and misled a federal grand jury about her work for a failing Arkansas savings and loan at the heart of the Whitewater probe, according to once-secret documents that detail the internal debates over whether she should have faced criminal charges."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080508/NATION/602407036/1001

In April 1998, Whitewater prosecutors, divided over Mrs. Clinton's truthfulness, argued over whether to indict her on charges of lying under oath about her legal work for Madison. Lawyers and others close to the probe said a draft indictment of the first lady became "a work in progress" after Mrs. Clinton's January 1996 grand jury appearance in U.S. District Court in Washington.

In other news, McGovern tells Clinton to Quit.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080508/NATION/269142084/1001

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Shes hoping Obama is found out to have raped a chicken, or something crazy that will cost him the race.

That, and she is hoping to force Obama to pick her as VP.

Zippyjuan
05-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Well she trails Obama by 156 delegates with 217 left to be voted on by June 3rd. Since they are allocated by proportion of voters, she has to get 72% of the vote to tie him. Don't see that happening. I think she is too much of a control freak to be willing to accept the #2 slot. He would not be a puppet president like Bush /Chaney.

John of Des Moines
05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Shes hoping Obama is found out to have raped a chicken, or something crazy that will cost him the race.

That, and she is hoping to force Obama to pick her as VP.

Personally I'd rather have a chicken sex offender as president then Hillary, JMHO.

klamath
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
:D
many have been quick to say that Obama has it clinched and that the race is already over....as it stands, I have a feeling the rest of the States will be split fairly evenly, and not enough delegates will be awarded to either side to get the nomination..and as someone else said--the super delegates will have to decide.

My personal opinion is that there will be a brokered convention, and Hillary will win by enough margins to win the nomination.

If that happen, she'll probably pick Obama as her VP, thus nearly guaranteeing she'll get elected.

Then, what will follow is years similar to "the Clinton years"...people will grow tired of it, and they'll seek a conservative to solve the problems....and they'll pick....Jeb Bush.

Bush Clinton Bush Clinton Bush......Clinton (Chelsea)?

*chuckles* don't think that it'll happen, but hey, it's fun to be pessimistic at times.

Aratus
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
its official in the washington post... hillary rodham clinton is going into the red for 20 million dollars!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/11/AR2008051101865.html

nate895
05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, I am not going to bash Billary for staying in the race, because RP has less chance than HRC. In fact I am going to say that I respect her a little for staying in the fight until the bitter end.