PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the Book Interviews?

ClayTrainor
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I though Ron Paul would do a book tour, and go on Jon Stewart, colbert and some other good shows to promote his book (as if he needs to :D)

I was really looking forward to some more good solid tv interviews with my favorite hosts. is this still probably gonna happen or not?

angelatc
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I was wondering that too. :(

slacker921
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
yep.. especially since it's going to be #1 on the NYT list..
I think the grassroots efforts got it #1 on Amazon and #1 on NYT and that momentum will fade quickly unless there are some appearances on the TV shows.

Primbs
05-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes Ron needs to get on the radio circuit.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Patience is a virtue. :)

Conza88
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
yep.. especially since it's going to be #1 on the NYT list..
I think the grassroots efforts got it #1 on Amazon and #1 on NYT and that momentum will fade quickly unless there are some appearances on the TV shows.

Yea, its no.1 in 10 days time... LOL.

Give the kid a break. He's probably writing a Bill atm to save the world. Sheez.:D

crazyfingers
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Arranging for media appearences/interviews is something the publisher should be handling, I would think.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
i know!

i dont get it..

Jesse Ventura had a huge book tour and he didn't even make it close on Amazon bestseller let alone the New York Times bestsellers list.

he better get out there.

crazyfingers
05-08-2008, 10:20 AM
i know!

i dont get it..

Jesse Ventura had a huge book tour and he didn't even make it close on Amazon bestseller let alone the New York Times bestsellers list.

he better get out there.

Ventura is still out there promoting his book. I remember him saying in this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7878893233073706081&hl=en) that he was scheduled to go on Jimmy Kimmel soon (tonight maybe?)

TER
05-08-2008, 10:29 AM
People go on book tours to promote the book so that people can purchase the book. If it is sold out on Amazon and #1 on NYT, why have a book tour?

BECAUSE, most of Americans watch Oprah and the talking heads on TV than actually read a book!!! RP should make people who haven't read a book in years read this book! If that happens, this revolution will be well into winning over the apathy and blindness of this country we love!

Bruno
05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
People go on book tours to promote the book so that people can purchase the book. If it is sold out on Amazon and #1 on NYT, why have a book tour?

BECAUSE, most of Americans watch Oprah and the talking heads on TV than actually read a book!!! RP should make people who haven't read a book in years read this book! If that happens, this revolution will be well into winning over the apathy and blindness of this country we love!

Send a book to Oprah to read. If she spends 30 seconds on it she'll be hooked. She hasn't gone on any appearances for Obama for a long time. ;)

rational thinker
05-08-2008, 10:37 AM
If the same people who ran the official campaign for POTUS are the publishers for this book, expect the book to fall in sales soon.

tonyr1988
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
He had a bigger book promo for Foreign Policy of Freedom than Manifesto so far.

But I'm sure the publishers will do something - hopefully places will be restocked before then.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
If they same people who ran the official campaign for POTUS are the publishers for this book, expect the book to fall in sales soon.

If there were more people like you back in the day. There would have never been a FIRST American Revolution. Shut your negative mouth, your Marvin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQqeidrlDyw)fker.:rolleyes:

Pauliana
05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm guessing he has the same 24 hours in a day as everyone else.

He's a congressman, a candidate, a #1 best-selling author, a revolutionary. Sometimes I imagine its hard to fit it all in.

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I think ron has a plan already, it is just unveiling itself slower then expected lol.