PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU CITY MAKE THE LIST?? Official Itinerary for the Ronvoy to DC

Susan Wolfe
05-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Congratulations to all the cities that made the Ronvoy to DC routes:

Abilene, TX
Albuquerque, NM
Amarillo, TX
Atlanta, GA
Bangor, ME
Billings, MT
Birmingham, AL
Bismarck, ND
Boise, ID
Boston, MA
Butte, MT
Charlotte, NC
Chattanooga, TN
Chicago, IL
Colorado Springs, CO
Columbus, OH
Dallas, TX
Davenport, IA
Denver, CO
Des Moines, IA
El Paso, TX
Elko, NV
Fayetteville, NC
Gallup, NM
Grand Junction, CO
Gypsum, CO
Hartford, CT
Houston, TX
Indianapolis, IN
Jackson, MS
Jacksonville, FL
Kansas City, MO
Kingsport, TN
Knoxville, TN
Laramie, WY
Laredo, TX
Las Cruces, NM
Las Vegas, NV
Lawrence, KS
Little Rock, AR
Los Angeles, CA
Madison, WI
Memphis, TN
Miami, FL
Milwaukee, WI
Minneapolis, MN
Mobile, AL
Montgomery, AL
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Odessa/Midland, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
Omaha, NE
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburg, PA
Portland, OR
Reno, NV
Richmond, VA
Roanoke, VA
Sacramento, CA
Salina, KS
Salt Lake City, UT
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Savannah, GA
Seattle, WA
Shreveport, LA
Spokane, WA
St. George, UT
St. Louis, MO
Toledo, OH
Topeka, KS
Tucson, AZ
Tulsa, OK
Tuscaloosa, AL
Twin Falls, ID
Wausau, WI
West Wendover, NV
Yuma, AZ

BOLD cities are origination cities - the first city on a long route. Other cities are Ronvoy Liaison cities, where the Ronvoy will stop and pick up other travelers along the way. Some of these cities will be lodging cities. Please view the actual itinerary on the meetup files page (http://files.meetup.com/1127996/Revolution%20March%202008%20Ronvoy%20to%20DC%20Nat ionwide%20Route%20Itinerary.doc)for complete details.

NOW, the hard part - we are recruiting local city organizers in each area to organize the actual liaisoning of the city with the Ronvoy. Think you got what it takes? Get in touch with me!

Please visit http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881 and go to the files to view the Revolution March 2008 Ronvoy to DC Travel & Lodging Itinerary. Specific hotels along route and in DC will be announced soon and links will be provided on www.revolutionmarch.com's travel and lodging page, as well as the meetup page.

Also, we are starting to receive our proposals for Charter Bus transportation from all main departure cities to DC, and that information will be made available ASAP. If you have a large group of people, and you KNOW you want to take a charter, please contact me via email immediately. (I prefer email communication because it affords one a written record of the discussion.)

Remember - if you are driving to DC on the Ronvoy, and you can provide transportation for others - please post it on the appropriate discussion board on the meetup page. We need a good clean idea of who needs rides, and who can provide them.

Susan

raiha
05-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Just printed it off. I have no idea where i will be around July 9 when i will start heading North so thanx for that.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Just printed it off. I have no idea where i will be around July 9 when i will start heading North so thanx for that.

Jealous... OHhhh soo jealous.:mad: -> ;)

tmosley
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Sounds great. Will there be campgrounds in the lodging cities? I'm debating about whether to take my car (take more people) or my truck (take more equipment/people's luggage and a popup camper). I'll have to see if there is anyone that wants to carpool with me, I guess.

Susan Wolfe
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Sounds great. Will there be campgrounds in the lodging cities? I'm debating about whether to take my car (take more people) or my truck (take more equipment/people's luggage and a popup camper). I'll have to see if there is anyone that wants to carpool with me, I guess.

There are lists of KOA campgrounds along the Ronvoy routes in the files section of the meetup page at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881. Just determine which Ronvoy your city is closest to, then go to that route's KOA campground file.

We are also working on booking specific campgrounds along the Ronvoy routes. Tonight is the conference chat to try to finalize that information with Gin, our Campground Coordinator.

cyborcat
05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah!!! N .O.!! Do we know the price per person yet? As far as the busses go? I know lodging is seperate?

flames2dust77
05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
lol! No! I live in a massive city w/tons of RP supporters and we get no love. I'm letting them know they can meet up in Tucson since it's only 2 hours away...and the phoenix & tucson meetup groups work together all the time.

Susan Wolfe
05-08-2008, 05:54 PM
lol! No! I live in a massive city w/tons of RP supporters and we get no love. I'm letting them know they can meet up in Tucson since it's only 2 hours away...and the phoenix & tucson meetup groups work together all the time.

I'm sorry!! The cities were chosen based upon the shortest distance to DC from the Coasts! I didn't mean to dis Phoenix, I swear! We will have lodging set up in Tucson and Flagstaff - so, theoretically, people could drive down to Tucson the night before, and stay the night...? :)

If it makes you feel any better, I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to KC, and I created the damn routes! lol

Susan Wolfe
05-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah!!! N .O.!! Do we know the price per person yet? As far as the busses go? I know lodging is seperate?

We now await the confirmed per person cost for charter buses coming from every origination city on the itinerary. We will update everyone as SOON as we have this very important information.

A $100 deposit is required to RSVP for a charter bus for the Ronvoy. You may pay your deposit (soon to come), by going to the July calendar page (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/calendar/2008-07) and RSVPing for your city's charter bus "meeting". Please note the specific departure date for your city on the Travel & Lodging Itinerary in the files (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/files) section - this is the official itinerary for the Ronvoy to DC.

Actual rates for individual city charters to DC will be available soon. Once the rate is posted, should your plans change, a refund of your $100 deposit will be made if we are notified by June 6, 2008. After that date, a deposit can be transferred to another rider, but not refunded.

NOTE: Charter buses can hold between 40 and 60 people each. A bus charter reservation requires an entire group of interested individuals to reserve. 30% deposit is required at time of booking, and balance is due thirty days prior to departure. If there are not enough people who sign up for your charter route, your deposit will be refunded to you. I encourage each of you to encourage others to sign up for the charter on your route!

Rates are less expensive if you use only one driver, so Ronvoy routes have been created with this in mind:
Charter bus drivers cannot drive for more than ten hours per day - additional drivers are extra.
Hotel, not campground, lodging is required for charter bus service overnight, unless you have additional drivers, in which case you could travel 20 hours per day. In DC, hotel lodging will be required. Most hotels will "comp" the driver rooms for bus tours. Hotel group rates are being negotiated right now nationwide, along every Ronvoy route. Once a charter bus is fully reserved by deposit, that charter group would be automatically blocked into Ronvoy liaison hotels along the route. Rates will be posted for the hotels on the routes soon.

Ronvoy routes have been created based on charter bus pricing with one driver, and therefore overnight lodging is required every night of the route.

If you are planning on catching a charter bus in a Ronvoy Liaison city along the route, will RSVP and pay the deposit at your route's origination city page. For example, if you live in Butte, MT or Bismarck, ND, you will want to RSVP for the Seattle charter bus route since Seattle is the origination city (the first city) on your charter bus route.

IMPORTANT!!! The rate for the charter buses is the same for every person on a specific Ronvoy route. If you live in Butte, you will pay the same per person rate as someone who departs somewhere else on the same Ronvoy route. However, charters that originate closer to DC, such as Bangor, Maine, will naturally be less expensive overall than a charter from the West coast, and the per person rate would be lower.

Keep checking back to this page (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881)for more info on charter buses!

Contracted group hotel room rates are being confirmed as we speak. We do implore you not to make your room reservations before the room blocks are confirmed. This drives the rate higher for individual room reservations.

A national rate is being contracted along the Ronvoy to DC routes, as well as in DC and surrounding cities.

Coming soon...you will also be able to pay for your hotel room reservations via the meetup site. Just visit the July Calendar page, click on the date of lodging, and look for your Ronvoy route to find the "Lodging Meeting" in the appropriate city.

Please contact me with questions. Room Rates will be posted as soon as possible.