PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU CITY MAKE THE LIST??Official City Itinerary for the Ronvoy to DC

Susan Wolfe
05-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Not to leave out our people from the North, Ronvoy Grand Rapids has been added! Lansing, Detroit, Cleveland and Akron are all on this route, for just $135 round-trip, including $4 per gallon fuel for the trip! Plus, if you pay for your Ronvoy route in full before June 15th, you can choose between a free Ronvoy to DC t-shirt, a Revolution March t-shirt, or a Revolution March cap!

Please visit http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881 and go to the files to view the Revolution March 2008 Ronvoy to DC Travel & Lodging Itinerary. Campground lodging along the Ronvoy routes is coming soon!

Pricing for passenger vans is posted for many cities - other cities are soon to come, so keep your eye out! Keep checking back at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881/calendar/2008-06 to pay your Ronvoy transportation. You can also pay a $50 deposit to hold your seat, and then take until June 30th to pay the balance!

tmosley
05-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I signed up. Thanks.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
05-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Here is the link to the full file:
http://files.meetup.com/1127996/Revolution%20March%202008%20Ronvoy%20to%20DC%20Nat ionwide%20Route%20Itinerary.doc

Otherwise here is a copy of the main cities:
Abilene, TX
Fayetteville, NC
Miami, FL
San Francisco, CA
Albuquerque, NM
Flagstaff, AZ
Milwaukee, WI
Savannah, GA
Amarillo, TX
Gallup, NM
Minneapolis, MN
Seattle, WA
Atlanta, GA
Grand Junction, CO
Mobile, AL
Shreveport, LA
Bangor, ME
Gypsum, CO
Montgomery, AL
Spokane, WA
Billings, MT
Hartford, CT
Nashville, TN
St. George, UT
Birmingham, AL
Houston, TX
New Orleans, LA
St. Louis, MO
Bismarck, ND
Indianapolis, IN
New York, NY
Toledo, OH
Boise, ID
Jackson, MS
Odessa/Midland, TX
Topeka, KS
Boston, MA
Jacksonville, FL
Oklahoma City, OK
Tucson, AZ
Butte, MT
Kansas City, MO
Omaha, NE
Tulsa, OK
Charlotte, NC
Kingsport, TN
Philadelphia, PA
Tuscaloosa, AL
Chattanooga, TN
Knoxville, TN
Pittsburg, PA
Twin Falls, ID
Chicago, IL
Laramie, WY
Portland, OR
Wausau, WI
Colorado Springs, CO
Laredo, TX
Reno, NV
West Wendover, NV
Columbus, OH
Las Cruces, NM
Richmond, VA
Yuma, AZ
Dallas, TX
Las Vegas, NV
Roanoke, VA
Davenport, IA
Lawrence, KS
Sacramento, CA
Denver, CO
Little Rock, AR
Salina, KS
Des Moines, IA
Los Angeles, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
El Paso, TX
Madison, WI
San Antonio, TX
Elko, NV
Memphis, TN
San Diego, CA

Do you think it will only be 14,000 people? What exactly is this number? People that have already registered?

Susan Wolfe
05-09-2008, 04:53 AM
14,000 is the number of people who, at some point, pledged to be in attendance at the march. I am hoping that there is 100,000 people there, or 200,000 people there. But, for now, we can only assume that approxiately 14,000 people are inclined to go to DC for the march on July 12th.
However, with regard to the number - did you know that there are over 1,000 RP meetup members just in the Seattle area? Also Portland, San Fran, LA, San Diego.... So just from those five cities, there is a potential 5,000 RP meetup members who know that a Revolution March is happening on July 12th.
We have over 100,000 Ron Paul meetup members across the nation. So 14% of our members have pledged to attend the march. Can we do better than that? I hope so...
But we'll have to wait and see...

hotbrownsauce
05-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I've been trying to find something that could easily explain in a nut shell what the ronvoy's are all about. What I think is going on based on the meet up and some posts here is
1.) A Ronvoy is a play on two things, Ron Paul's name and a Convoy hence Ronvoy
2.) The convoy is a network of buses that we will hire to drive us to our Destination in DC. Some drivers can't drive more than 10 hours. So depending on where you start and when you start driving, it may take a few days to arrive to DC. On top of the few days in certain city's along the way we will randevu with other buses and we will all squeeze into one bus headed towards DC.
3.) A down payment is needed if you want to get on the bus.

The parts that confuse me is "lodging" by lodging we mean where you will sleep. People have been mentioning KOA camp grounds, or hotels.
Questions :
Will we have an option if we take a bus to stay in a hotel or camp site? If so how will we get to the camp site or hotel? will we need to get a taxi?
Are we going to have dedicated places to sleep? Meaning, if you want to camp you have to go to XYZ camp site or if you get a hotel you have to go to ABC hotel.

I'm in St. Louis Missouri and thinking about taking the Ronvoy with a few friends. A ronvoy is leaving Kansas City July 10th and driving through North St. Louis later that day. I'm guessing people in the St. Louis area who want to go would meet at a place where the bus can pick us up. Then we will continue on our way to Indianapolis Indiana. There we will have 'LODGING' until the next day. Then we go to Columbus Ohio, then to DC.

Someone help me?

Susan Wolfe
05-10-2008, 02:22 AM
(Answers are in bold.
I've been trying to find something that could easily explain in a nut shell what the ronvoy's are all about. What I think is going on based on the meet up and some posts here is
1.) A Ronvoy is a play on two things, Ron Paul's name and a Convoy hence Ronvoy
2.) The convoy is a network of buses that we will hire to drive us to our Destination in DC. Some drivers can't drive more than 10 hours. So depending on where you start and when you start driving, it may take a few days to arrive to DC. On top of the few days in certain city's along the way we will randevu with other buses and we will all squeeze into one bus headed towards DC. Ronvoy charter buses are being reserved in every origination city for every route. The first wave of buses may be filled quickly. In that situation, a bus will be added to that route. If the first city has so many respondents that it fills a bus, then a second bus will be added to that route, and a third, and so on. Buses can hold between 40-60 people each. If say, only ten people in Seattle want to charter, then 5 in Spokane, then ten in Butte, MT, then by the time it gets to the next city, there will be 25 people on the bus, and whoever is scheduled to catch the charter at the next city will do so.
3.) A down payment is needed if you want to get on the bus. Because a charter bus has a set price, and we would have to pay the same amount whether someone shows up or not, we are requiring deposits to reserve a spot.

The parts that confuse me is "lodging" by lodging we mean where you will sleep. People have been mentioning KOA camp grounds, or hotels.
Questions :
Will we have an option if we take a bus to stay in a hotel or camp site? If so how will we get to the camp site or hotel? will we need to get a taxi? Hotel lodging is required if one takes a charter bus. A great national group rate is being contracted as we speak. Up to four people in a room means per person costs will be minimal and comparable to camping rates. The charter will transport you to your lodging hotel. The driver will have a complimentary room at the same hotel and you will all (in addition to any newcomers) depart again on the charter in the morning.
Are we going to have dedicated places to sleep? Meaning, if you want to camp you have to go to XYZ camp site or if you get a hotel you have to go to ABC hotel. Once a charter is full, that charter will be automatically reserved in a block of rooms at a specific hotel in each lodging city.

I'm in St. Louis Missouri and thinking about taking the Ronvoy with a few friends. A ronvoy is leaving Kansas City July 10th and driving through North St. Louis later that day. I'm guessing people in the St. Louis area who want to go would meet at a place where the bus can pick us up. Then we will continue on our way to Indianapolis Indiana. There we will have 'LODGING' until the next day. Then we go to Columbus Ohio, then to DC. This is correct. Ronvoy Las Vegas will have begun this Ronvoy route two days before....having gone through Colorado and Kansas, the Ronvoy will meetup in KC then St. Louis, on its way to Indianapolis, IN for lodging. We are in the process of recruiting local level Ronvoy organizers to coordinate the liaison with the Ronvoy in every meetup city. Once this is done, specific Ronvoy meetup locations will be posted for each city on the Travel & Lodging meetup site at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1881.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any more questions. I am the representative for the Travel & Lodging Committee for Revolution March 2008. I am also the Midwest Region Ronvoy National Coordinator (including St. Louis).

flames2dust77
05-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I would also like to add that the Ronvoys will not only consist of charter buses. Many people will be taking their personal vehicles....vans, campers, etc. Some of these people will also have a few extra seats open on their vehicles for people needing rides. This is why it's imperative that people start posting and communicating on the travel and lodging meetup site. :) Just yesterday I saw a post where someone was offering to give 2 or 3 other people a ride if they were willing to split the cost of gas to DC and back. Plenty of options out there.

hotbrownsauce
05-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Okay, that answers every question I had... Thank you very much Susan!
I'd love to help set up but (spare the details) I can't. I'll be working 60 hours a week starting tomorrow just so I can go. I will how ever donate what I can.

Thank you again!

Cfossedal
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
14,000 is the number of people who, at some point, pledged to be in attendance at the march. I am hoping that there is 100,000 people there, or 200,000 people there. But, for now, we can only assume that approxiately 14,000 people are inclined to go to DC for the march on July 12th.

There will be 144,000 witnesses to the truth.

Nirvikalpa
06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Officially paid for (boyfriend as well!), and ready to go ;)