PDA

View Full Version : Just bought3 Manifestos for my Moms

erin moore
05-08-2008, 12:18 AM
2 Mothers-in-law and my Mama. Sadly the estimated ship date is May 23rd! (My Mom voted for Hillary in Ohio and one of the in-laws voted for Obama...)

tonyr1988
05-08-2008, 12:42 AM
2 Mothers-in-law and my Mama. Sadly the estimated ship date is May 23rd! (My Mom voted for Hillary in Ohio and one of the in-laws voted for Obama...)

Awesome!

Where did you order from?

Dorfsmith
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I notice that it went from number 10 to number 9 on Amazon :D I thought it was going to drop off for a second :eek:

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 12:57 AM
the manifesto is a great mothers day present.

erin moore
05-08-2008, 01:20 AM
amazon. I pre-ordered one then bought 2 from bn (not online) and these 3 from amazon again.

so.......6...........so far

I'm the youth chair for our county gop so i'll be buying some for them as well, for whatever good it does. one of the ladie there is a national delegate alternate. she refuses to speak to me though.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
she refuses to speak to me though.

Give the people she always associates with the book, a Revolution a Manifesto..

When they are parting ways, if you're at a meeting, give them (the people she associates with) the book. But only when they won't see her again for a few days, or alternatively just so she won't see them with the book.

If you convert them, they may convert her. Alternatively, if she is brainless - you'll succeed in pissing her off and her close friends have become "kooks". MUAHAH :D

Do you know why she won't talk to you though? Have you tried? Is it because you support Rp? If so, go the indirect route - maybe leave it under her windscreen wiper, or put it on her doormat, with a heart felt note.. or send it via amazon. No need for a note.. no note adds to the curiosity and she doesn't feel like it is being forced upon her. :)

erin moore
05-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Give the people she always associates with the book, a Revolution a Manifesto..

Those people are just like her, but they aren't as mean. Or they are just mean in diffeent ways.

If you convert them, they may convert her. Alternatively, if she is brainless - you'll succeed in pissing her off and her close friends have become "kooks". MUAHAH :D

I wish. But they are all 60+ old ladies who completely and totally resent me and the entire Ron Paul presence in "their" party.

Do you know why she won't talk to you though? Have you tried? Is it because you support Rp?

Yes. Yes. Yes. This particular woman was the supposed parlimentarian at our county mass convention. She was infuriated that I knew the rules and called several points of order and a few parlimentary inquries. The district convention was even worse. She said I wasn't pasying attention, needed to be quiet and 'wasn't a good republician.'

Also, because of our (rp) presence, one of her friends was not elected county chair. We had about 10 out of 50 people there and our votes swayed the position to the other guy. So she gives me the cold shoulder.

If so, go the indirect route - maybe leave it under her windscreen wiper, or put it on her doormat, with a heart felt note.. or send it via amazon. No need for a note.. no note adds to the curiosity and she doesn't feel like it is being forced upon her. :)

I might send it to her through amazon. It would do me no good to try and give it to her face to face. She will make sure everyone sees her not accepting it. Its really strange. I'm pretty sure no matter how she gets it she'll probably just throw it away though.

Razmear
05-08-2008, 02:54 AM

If you can cancel your backorder at Amazon, they are still available from BooksAMillion and only for about 50 cents more a copy.

I'm keeping a list of discount sellers and their status at:
http://razmear.us/sclp/book.htm

for the congress mailing project.

eb

Conza88
05-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Those people are just like her, but they aren't as mean. Or they are just mean in diffeent ways.

I wish. But they are all 60+ old ladies who completely and totally resent me and the entire Ron Paul presence in "their" party.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This particular woman was the supposed parlimentarian at our county mass convention. She was infuriated that I knew the rules and called several points of order and a few parlimentary inquries. The district convention was even worse. She said I wasn't pasying attention, needed to be quiet and 'wasn't a good republician.'

Also, because of our (rp) presence, one of her friends was not elected county chair. We had about 10 out of 50 people there and our votes swayed the position to the other guy. So she gives me the cold shoulder.

I might send it to her through amazon. It would do me no good to try and give it to her face to face. She will make sure everyone sees her not accepting it. Its really strange. I'm pretty sure no matter how she gets it she'll probably just throw it away though.

Wow, worse than I thought... I thought she may have had a soul. Looks like I was wrong. That old hag really sounds like a bitch alright.
I would try spot out anyone in the group who looks like a weak link. Someone who just goes along with them and likes being in the 'old hags group'.

Potentially approach them, and be forward about the situation (;)) I spouse, be very sincere & maybe apologize if you have done anything wrong (:rolleyes:) and ask if there is anything you can do too help out. (you won't unless it helps RP) Attempt to befriend her & proceed with giving her a book...

OH hang on, SEND HER THE BOOK for Mothers Day... or give it too most of them, LOL. Through Amazon... or anonymously. handing it face to face won't work. "I hope you have a great mothers day" from a Young Patriot. <-- :D

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 08:03 AM
my mom has been very hard to crack.....ugh....shes a hitlary supporter