PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Strategy for Success

nate895
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
1: Now to 2011: Donate or save $20 a month to (for) the campaign. Hopefully 100,000 can do this.

Someone besides Ron Paul would probably be best to pick.

Starting Month/Year End Total

10,000/50,000/100,000
May: 1,400,000/7,000,000/14,000,000
June: 1,200,000/6,000,000/12,000,000
July: 1,000,000/5,000,000/10,000,000
August: 800,000/4,000,000/8,000,000
September: 600,000/3,000,000/6,000,000
October: 400,000/2,000,000/4,000,000
December: 200,000/1,000,000/2,000,000

Step 2: 2009: Spend the year building a national campaign organization. This year a lot of time will be spent in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina to see if these are good places to spend cash going into 2011. 2,400,000-24,000,000 raised this year+last year's totals.

Step 3: 2010: Spend the year campaigning for various liberty candidates, see where we should be spending time and money post early states. 4,800,000-48,000,000 raised plus first year's totals.

Step 4: 2011: Crunch time has arrived, the other candidates are showing up on the stage, and we need to establish ourselves as the honest, conservative candidate. Spend a lot of time in the best looking early states, plus have our "crusaders" out on the campaign trail in both early and later states. Money raised goal: $150,000,000. It's high, but we can achieve it.

Step 5:
Primaries/Caucus season: Win, and keep winning. If we can win all the early states, we have a lock on the nomination.

General: Hopefully the other candidates will drop if they lose their early state of choice, and the party will coalesce around us and we can begin to take on the big government President that's currently in office, and hopefully the War in Iraq is still going on, and everybody's angry as hell, or the economy is really bad. If those aren't the case, then we have tough work, but it's possible if the current government is too liberal.

Bottom Line: "If you build it, they will come."

BTW, the GOP rules committee has released a schedule of primaries that they want to use for 2012. IA and NH are in the first week of February, NV and SC can go whenever they want after IA and NH, 20 small states go in the 3rd week of February. The rest are split up into 3 groups (X, Y, and Z) and go based on a raffle in March and April.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/04/03/republican-rules-committee-issues-presidential-primary-timing-plan/

yongrel
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Or we could be realistic.

nate895
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM

What isn't realistic about the plan? It isn't specific, like we need good ads and a good candidate. I think we can raise 48 million+ before 2011. I also think that if we can get 30 million in the first quarter of 2011 the candidate will be labeled "top-tier" and all Iowa is is identifying voters, so we can win that one easy.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 10:51 PM

Yea, why wait? I'm impatient.

How about we send a Revolution: A Manifesto, to every single non-rp supporter delegate in the GOP.

That will SAVE a SHITLOAD of cash, that won't be available in 2012 due to inflation.

I want a RP presidency this year thanks. Not in 4, when there won't be much to salvage.

nate895
05-07-2008, 10:52 PM

How about we send a Revolution: A Manifesto, to every single non-rp supporter delegate in the GOP.

That will SAVE a SHITLOAD of cash, that won't be available in 2012 due to inflation.

I want a RP presidency this year thanks. Not in 4, when there won't be much to salvage.

So do I, but the likelihood of that is .000001%.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-07-2008, 11:09 PM

No, I would say the odds are closer to 5%.

And I think if we can JUST keep the momentum going, we will win the nomination and the Presidency (in 2012) by a landslide. Marc Scibilia has said that if the tour works well, we'll do it every year to keep the troops excited. If we slack off, we throw away everything we have worked so darn hard for.

Within 4 years, every household in America needs to have and have read The Revolution and The Constitution.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 11:10 PM

Ohhh you still listen to the MSM... F--K EM.:rolleyes:
Haven't you been following the conventions all across America? You haven't seen enough Hope, or potential?

How about you put this bullshit aside until after convention, Hmmm K.

Your plans won't be needed until then, regardless.

nate895
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Ohhh you still listen to the MSM... F--K EM.:rolleyes:
Haven't you been following the conventions all across America? You haven't seen enough Hope, or potential?

How about you put this bullshit aside until after convention, Hmmm K.

Your plans won't be needed until then, regardless.

I support the push for delegates and believe the people who think it is impossible are wrong, but the odds are stacked well against us, and while I'm probably exaggerating just a bit with .000001%, it still is small, no more than 5%.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I support the push for delegates and believe the people who think it is impossible are wrong, but the odds are stacked well against us, and while I'm probably exaggerating just a bit with .000001%, it still is small, no more than 5%.

“All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.”
~ Aristotle

We've got 5. Chance isn't one of them, as its irrelevant. Like luck it's is a "lazy man's estimate of a worker's success."

We've got the drive. The chance is building...

“Thoughts lead on to purpose, purpose leads on to actions, actions form habits, habits decide character, and character fixes our destiny”~ Tryon Edwards

For the last time, quit with the negative thoughts, or keep it too yourself.

Verad
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Or you could start a PCC with the goal of obtaining 10-20 federal reserve notes (call them for what they are) a month per "subscriber" with the intent of picking a liberty candidate for president with the option of spending money on various liberty candidates across the country.

One potential caveat: there might be liberty candidates running against each other for president (in the LP; we'll be lucky if RP runs again--many things can happen between now and then--or if we get a real liberty candidate from the Republicans), or in the various congressional and senate races.

Another caveat: if RP does not, in fact, run again, who would get to choose which candidate the PCC would back, especially if there are multiple good candidates.

Finally, is it really feasible to take the presidency? Think about it, we would have to change the discussion of the entire country between now and then for it this to work out, because as we've found out--media interference or no--that people's minds cannot be changed that fast.

My counterproposal is that we don't think too much about 2012 just yet (not that we should not raise money for that election year), but begin to focus in earnest on converting the meetup groups into Republican Liberty Caucuses, should the members wish to remain in the Republican party, and secondly on obtaining funding for liberty candidates for 2010, because that is an election year too. If we can focus on creating a pro-liberty voting bloc in congress, we will not even need the presidency to begin restoring our nation to prosperity, and we can begin to influence the debate early enough so that we may have a stronger sway on the following presidential election season.

2012 is important, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure that we can rely on a pro-liberty candidate for president, especially as Ron may decide he is too old to run or not run for a separate reason. Also don't forget; the future belongs to us.

My .02 federal reserve notes.

joemiller
05-08-2008, 05:54 AM

If we send the Manifesto to "...every single non-rp supporter delegate in the GOP," they would simply use it for toilet paper. Far better to carry your copy of the Manifesto into the GOP Executive Committee meetings and vote accordingly.

joe

Conza88
05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
If we send the Manifesto to "...every single non-rp supporter delegate in the GOP," they would simply use it for toilet paper. Far better to carry your copy of the Manifesto into the GOP Executive Committee meetings and vote accordingly.

joe

You don't need to carry a copy of the Manifesto into a GOP executive Committee meeting to vote accordingly, to what you already know.

The point of the revolution is to wake people up. If those people are delegates, ALL the better. The reason I suggested non-rp supporters, is because all the RP supporters already have the book. :rolleyes: x1776.

Furthermore, the non-mccain supporters = DON'T FKEN LIKE MCCAIN. This book has the ability to PUSH THEM TOWARDS RON PAUL & wake them up..."Ron Paul is still in the race" ---- John McCain.

I seriously doubt any one of those people would throw it away. After having randomly received a GIFT, curiously they are going to open it, with a 'wtf?'... HENCE flows a reading off the jacket blurbs....

"This much is true: You have been lied too".. (OH, really... How soooo....) *Reader reads on...* And cus its such a short book, concise and too the point.. they may bother too start it! A CLEANER finished it in a work night...

Convinced yet, or do you want me to continue? :)

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
i like this idea....bump

nate895
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Or you could start a PCC with the goal of obtaining 10-20 federal reserve notes (call them for what they are) a month per "subscriber" with the intent of picking a liberty candidate for president with the option of spending money on various liberty candidates across the country.

One potential caveat: there might be liberty candidates running against each other for president (in the LP; we'll be lucky if RP runs again--many things can happen between now and then--or if we get a real liberty candidate from the Republicans), or in the various congressional and senate races.

Another caveat: if RP does not, in fact, run again, who would get to choose which candidate the PCC would back, especially if there are multiple good candidates.

Finally, is it really feasible to take the presidency? Think about it, we would have to change the discussion of the entire country between now and then for it this to work out, because as we've found out--media interference or no--that people's minds cannot be changed that fast.

My counterproposal is that we don't think too much about 2012 just yet (not that we should not raise money for that election year), but begin to focus in earnest on converting the meetup groups into Republican Liberty Caucuses, should the members wish to remain in the Republican party, and secondly on obtaining funding for liberty candidates for 2010, because that is an election year too. If we can focus on creating a pro-liberty voting bloc in congress, we will not even need the presidency to begin restoring our nation to prosperity, and we can begin to influence the debate early enough so that we may have a stronger sway on the following presidential election season.

2012 is important, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure that we can rely on a pro-liberty candidate for president, especially as Ron may decide he is too old to run or not run for a separate reason. Also don't forget; the future belongs to us.

My .02 federal reserve notes.

You can't start a PCC without a candidate. On this point, we should start up gathering a list on who we want to run for President in 2012 if Ron Paul decides not to do it again (which I think would be a bad idea anyway due to his high negatives). I open the floor to nominations. You need to nominate and have a second. I'll open a poll when we get 10 or run out of ideas.