PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show on again at 1:00 a.m. - Listen for the Paul mention!!

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeh, McCain's being interviewed, but it'll still worth watching. Paul mention! :D

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Turn On The Tv, Damn It! :D

rational thinker
05-07-2008, 11:03 PM
It's 22 minutes in...

rational thinker
05-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Sorry, gotta finish the Lakers game.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Don't watch TV. YouTube?

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Don't watch TV. YouTube?

I don't have that magic skill of transferring things on TV to my computer. :rolleyes:

It's 22 minutes in...

Okay, so I'll bump this later. :p

apc3161
05-07-2008, 11:14 PM
www.thedailyshow.com

The usually put the entire episode up the next day. It's actually a very well laid out site. They have the entire back catalog online for free.

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 11:21 PM
APPROACHING 1:22 a.m.! :D

Wait, did he say he'd like to go up against Ron Paul? Hey hey! I think we should go ahead with this debate between the two.

And Stewart said he was a "Hell of a bean bag player." Wtf? :D

TER
05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
McCain brought it up? It seemed to me he was about to insult RP and Jon Stewart completely stopped him....

Lou337
05-07-2008, 11:25 PM
It was pretty suprising.

adam1mc
05-07-2008, 11:30 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jjEQIqiOo3fU7gmzlWP4cEAjy3TgD90H3TUG0

McCain jokes about rivals with comedian Jon Stewart

5 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Of the Democratic presidential candidates, would Republican John McCain rather take on Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton?

"You know, Ron Paul is still in the race," McCain joked Wednesday during a taping of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart."

McCain deadpanned about the marathon race between the Democrats: "I hate to watch it. It's terrible. My heart goes out to them."

During the taping, McCain pretended to walk off the set when Stewart pressed him on whether President Bush is more of a liability for him than the Rev. Jeremiah Wright is for Obama. Then McCain fiddled with his microphone and mouthed "technical difficulties" into the camera.

The all-but-certain Republican nominee did reveal a few tidbits. His Secret Service code name, he thinks, "is 'jerk,'" and his choice for a vice presidential running mate is Dwight Schrute, a character on the NBC sitcom, "The Office," played by Rainn Wilson.

Comedy aside, McCain used the opportunity to challenge Obama, who moved a step closer to claiming the Democratic nomination after Tuesday's primaries in Indiana and North Carolina. Stewart asked whether McCain really believed the Islamic terrorist group Hamas had endorsed Obama. McCain's campaign issued a fundraising letter after a Hamas adviser, Ahmed Yousef, said the group likes Obama.

"It's indicative of how some of our enemies view America," McCain said. "And I guarantee you, they're not going to endorse me."

Off camera, Obama's campaign said McCain should apologize for "repeating tired and divisive attacks about Barack Obama that he knows are flat-out untrue."

MRoCkEd
05-08-2008, 04:24 AM
he said it seriously but i think he might have expected a laugh or something
but no one laughed, and jon said something like:
oh, really? he is pretty interesting. i had him on my show

szczebrzeszyn
05-08-2008, 04:28 AM
It's here:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=167939&title=senator-john-mccain-pt.-2

2:40

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 06:41 AM
well at least he introduced him as the PRESUMPTIVE nominee!!!

Bruno
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
well at least he introduced him as the PRESUMPTIVE nominee!!!

That is all we are hearing. And I know it is technically true and all, but it is just a surprising reinforcement that "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" !