PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show: McCain Recognizes Paul

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
McCain just said "Ron Paul's still in the race!" I think he was hoping to get a laugh, but Stewart said "Is he? I liked that guy!"

Hopefully it will be You Tubed...

RSLudlum
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Saw that too. But don't you know "I am their worst nightmare!!" :eek:

CGeoffrion
gotta love stewert.

McCain is so plastic at this point.

angelatc
Saw that too. But don't you know "I am their worst nightmare!!" :eek:

He's one of my 3 worst nightmares....:)

Stewart let me down, as usual. He didn't ask him anything difficult.

torchbearer
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh, that is classic already.
That must be on youtube.

The evil monster revealed. :) Is McCain hope for America?

yongrel
05-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Which is impressive, considering how hard the years have been on him. Who knows? He might have a good couple of years left in his hypothalamus.

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh, that is classic already.
That must be on youtube.

The evil monster revealed. :) Is McCain hope for America?

It might be on YouTube tonight, but tomorrow it will be on Comedy Central's site. In my excitement I forgot that Viacom is the big reason that YouTube is soooo censored these days.

brandon
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice politcal play by McCain. He knows he is going into hostile territory, so he mentions Paul as a way to make the liberal daily show viewers feel some what more at ease with a Republican. He would not mention Paul on any other show....

Conza88
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/index.jhtml

Still waiting for it.

angelatc
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/index.jhtml

Still waiting for it.

Reading the comments. His people aren't happy. http://blog.indecision2008.com/2008/05/05/john-mccain-on-the-daily-show-this-wednesday/#comments

Oddly enough they think he's too far right, while I'm tired of him drooling over Obama.

Lucid American
05-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Nice politcal play by McCain. He knows he is going into hostile territory, so he mentions Paul as a way to make the liberal daily show viewers feel some what more at ease with a Republican. He would not mention Paul on any other show....

Hostile territory? Stewart always kisses his ass, and I don't know why.

He's had him on more than any other guest over the past couple years.

angelatc
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=167939&title=senator-john-mccain-pt.-2

Bruno
05-08-2008, 07:10 AM
"Paul is a pretty good bean bag player." Too funny.

Wish they would have stayed on the topic of Paul still being in the race.

Also hope that Paul's publisher is going to get him on the show, especially since The Revolution is going to NY Times #1 on May 18th.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 07:43 AM
"Paul is a pretty good bean bag player." Too funny.

Wish they would have stayed on the topic of Paul still being in the race.

Also hope that Paul's publisher is going to get him on the show, especially since The Revolution is going to NY Times #1 on May 18th.

Yea lol..

McCain screwed up big time imo.

Lets think about what he said slowly, cus I gotta check myself here.

"Ron Paul is still in the race." - and McCain said it.. LMFAO!!!! :D

He thought he was going to get a laugh... or a reaction like; "WHAT, still?!"

Backfired big time... Wonder how many people now know again that he's still running... Haahahahah, thanks McCain!!

FreedomRings
05-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Video doesn't work for me, can someone put this on Youtube?

mello
05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
What bugged me when watching was that John Stewart didn't seem to know that
Congressman Paul was still in the race. Maybe that's why Congressman Paul wasn't
on to talk about his book yet.

spudea
05-08-2008, 02:48 PM
ridiculous.... McCain knows exactly how to pander to the average american... "they are the mirror opposite of everything we stand for and believe in" and they want to destroy us. OUR TOP EXPERTS SAY DIFFERENTLY!

this infuriates me...

frdmrdr
05-08-2008, 03:39 PM
McCain's been playing "regular guy, not afraid to laugh at himself" which Stewart eats up. I'm all for putting aside political differences to have a quick laugh, but this guy is talking about staying in Iraq for 100 years. There's nothing funny about it.

Cali4RonPaul
05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
So was he hoping to make a Joke out of Ron Paul..

How can I vote for McCain, when he makes a joke out of what I worked so hard for to represent,.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
So was he hoping to make a Joke out of Ron Paul..

How can I vote for McCain, when he makes a joke out of what I worked so hard for to represent,.

Answer: You can't. ;)

Was I the only one, that found that whole interview was pretty much awkwardddd.

Like he got no laughs, he got grilled & couldn't answer some serious questions, he mentioned RP is still in the race & he was asked to announce Hillary as his VP. Lmfao.:eek: