PDA

View Full Version : The Manifesto - and "adopt a patriot". Read.

Lord Xar
05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Okay. Without all the semantics of the use of "patriot", lets just say we are adopting anybody to meld back into what a true american patriot is.

How?

Lets create an "Adopt A Patriot" project.

Each one of us will have to buy an additional copy (at least), The Revolution: a manifesto, and send it to another American, either a friend/family member/aquintance etc.. or just anybody that you want to spread the word to. Perhaps include a message such as "pass it on" etc..

This way, we stay at #1 and more americans get attuned to Ron's message.

So.. lets get a' crackin!!

ADOPT A PATRIOT.

Buy Ron's book and send it to another for them to read.

silverhandorder
05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I ordered 5 books first time around. As first people already read them I am reusing them. No sense in spending more money, event ho I agree with the cause.

edit: So get more people to buy, and of course buy copies for close ones :D.

soapmistress
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I gave away my first copy, before I even read it. It was SO HARD TO DO but I knew I'd ordered 4 more. Except now they are weeks behind. Wah! It's OK though, I adopted my patriot :)

Ninja Homer
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
If you don't have anybody left to give a copy to, try this:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/

dannno
05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I bought one for myself, and the three others will all be read by minimum one person as I am loaning them out to multiple people, and will eventually give them away.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
This will be added to this project we are working on as well which is the revolutionbymail project linked to in my sig.

I think having a stamp or a text for people to write on one of the blank pages would be an amazing effort for instance.

"After you are done reading this book please give it to a good friend to read then discuss the book after. Once this has been done tell him or her to repeat the process"

We need a catchy pass it on phrase that people can write on there.

We are going to setup a stamp or text to include the revolutionbymail.com website so people can then "if wanted" mail their copy to someone on the list to keep the chain moving everywhere.

We can get these books moving around the nation from friend to family member and really has no end in site as long as we get the effort going.

soapmistress
05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Write something like "There's something going on in this country and it's BIG! Spread the message!" :]

soapmistress
05-07-2008, 09:34 PM
FreeCycle might be a good way to pass it around too

withallmyheart
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I like this project Lord Xar.

Donate a copy to your local library. Donate the audio version to the library. Leave a copy at a truck stop lounge.

There was an earlier post today by Cinderalla that has very inspiring. Any nurses or persons with other occupations that have a swing or night shift. Leave a copy in the lounge/nurses station. Hotel staff?

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
We just need a stamp or something to put in the book so people can then check it out THEN help with the effort as well. I think it would be great to have them in all hotels and motels around the us as well.

Odds are there are ron paul supporters who own businesses that would allow if not pay for the books themselves.

Maybe
projectmanifesto.com
revolutionbookdrop.com

Give it that ninja feel to it or something lol.

I think getting it into libraries, schools, get the book clubs going as well can help. Once we get the revolutionbymail.com site going I will get the revolutionbookclub.com site going which will have an agenda with it as well as the general weekly book reading/discussions across the nation.

Within the book clubs across the world they can organize and get the books located everywhere within their city as well as get MORE people involved and reading in the weekly meetings.

As these revolution book clubs get larger they will be able to run for local office including mayoral, city council and THEN help change their local laws back to the constitution.

I see this book being the best tool we have to fight for our country and I believe with this we can win.

I like the doctor's office, nurse station idea as well. Places where people might sit and read for a decent amount of time.

This book might end up in so many places it will be impossible to sell them, they will end up like the dollar the fed over printed lol. I hope we can get the manifesto in so many places it ends up impossible to sell. Sounds weird? i'm tired but it makes sense to me at the moment...

Another great idea is to give them into salvation army, goodwill and thrift stores that then sell or give away to others. I used to buy a ton of books for cheap at the thrift store and they do pass around pretty quickly.

Other ideas would be book drives whether for schools, churches or organizations in general.

There are so many places that the manifesto needs to be.