PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supporters: Would you move to Paulville?

Phantom
05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Ron Paul supporters: Would you move to Paulville?

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/library/ronpaul.jpg

Washington stood out earlier this primary season for residents who gave more money (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/349660_fundraising01.html) to long-shot candidate Ron Paul than they gave to Republican front-runners Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and John McCain.

So you Ron Paul supporters might be interested to know that there's a movement out there to create gated communities where only Ron Paul supporters are welcome.

It's called Paulville, and its mission, according to its Web site, is to "establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty."

As political blogger Ben Smith (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Documentarian_alert_Paulviller.html) reported this morning, the group has apparently already made its first land purchase (http://www.paulville.org/news.html) -- 50 acres near Dell City, Texas. For future sites, members are recommending (http://www.paulville.org/forums.html) New Hampshire, South Dakota, Wyoming and Alaska.

Local Ron Paul supporters -- would you consider moving to one of these communities?

Link (http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/archives/138370.asp?from=blog_last3)

For more articles on Ron Paul and the Revolution, please visit the first link below.

crazyfingers
05-07-2008, 03:48 PM
No because a gated community lacks any degree of political/legal authority.

phixion
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Would that mean everyone's allowed to paint their house whatever colour they like and then sun-bathe naked in their front yard smoking cannibis - and no-one would snitch on you or get a little bit angry?

I may move over there myself. Not that I would want to do any of those things, really, I'm just curious as to what liberty-lovers would 'let go' from their fellow neighbours.

It would be an interesting experiment.

Pete

robmpreston
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
No thanks. A society full of people who think alike sounds like the opposite of what this movement is all about.

TXcarlosTX
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
No because a gated community lacks any degree of political/legal authority.

COMMON LAW!!! will work fine.

we can use the MAGNA CARTA for this.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
The gated part of it defeats the purpose but the INTENT is great of course.

We are doing that over here in Fresno, Ca actually. I am buying 40 acre lots around the area and then will sell off lots to those I want around me. I am not going to live in any gated community BUT I can make sure only my friends and like minded people are able to live near me.

Pretty soon we will have an entire area bought out and taken over. We will not have to worry about much since it would be out of the actual city itself SO it would feel as though we have our own PaulVille indeed.

I think it is best to have communities like this spring up in all states rather then ONE STATE like the fsp wants. I am not talking down on the free state project because if it can happen then I am all for it however I think ALL STATES should be taken over starting now.

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't move there by the mere fact that in order to influence and convert the maximum number of people, we need to be spread far and wide. What good is it to covert people who are already converted?

dannno
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
No thanks. A society full of people who think alike sounds like the opposite of what this movement is all about.

Exactly...but...

Haven't you heard all of those speeches by Ron Paul where he talks about about how diverse his supporters are?

I wouldn't mind being in a 'liberty zone'. A lot better than a concentration camp..

mdh
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Paulville is not a gated community. Jason Ebacher has said time and again that he will not be putting up gates. :p

I like West Virginia. Texas is not a very free state, state-law-wise. The current location is also a freaking salt flat, and a very inhospitable area for just about anything.
There's a reason that it's uninhabited right now.

freedom-maniac
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I like the idea of having a modle community from which others can spring up, full of liberty.

However, I'm concerned with putting all of us into one area. Just makes it easier for the Neo-Cons to kill us all in one bombing raid (shooting fish in a barrel, coincidently, my thoughts about the nation of Israel).

Austin
05-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes.

V4Vendetta
05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
No I will not, it will turn into another waco before long.

StilesBC
05-07-2008, 04:38 PM
This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. (ok, not really, but close)

Take over the entire country! Far better use of your time. Being reclusive invites persecution.

jsu718
05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
It is actually not a bad idea in terms of getting political representation... but realistically you only need 51% of the population in the area to be supporters. Surround the rest with rich people who will pay lots of property taxes ;)

constituent
05-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Paulville is not a gated community. Jason Ebacher has said time and again that he will not be putting up gates. :p

I like West Virginia. Texas is not a very free state, state-law-wise. The current location is also a freaking salt flat, and a very inhospitable area for just about anything.
There's a reason that it's uninhabited right now.

hahahaha... this is ebacher's work?

i would be much more inclined to check it out.

though... dell city? are we sure there isn't any nuclear waste or anything of that sort under the dirt?

robert4rp08
05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
No. Not into gated communities. Sounds too cultish.

yongrel
05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
No. I have no desire to meet Jim Jones.

mdmarino
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
There's a reason that it's uninhabited right now

I like WV too - born and raised there, most of the family is still there - but it is one of the most business-UNfriendly environments in the nation. However, the motto IS appealing--"Montani Semper Liberi" (Mountaineers are always free). So...if you want to start a non-gated "Paulville" there - and get the state back on track economically/socially/politically - I'm game to move back. But we should do it quietly, so the ruling democrats don't know we're taking over.
"Take me home, country roads." :)

jarofclay
05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Love it here in Montana.

mdh
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey, there're always houses for rent/sale in my neighborhood. If some liberty-minded folks wanted to move in here, they're more than welcome. Nice neighborhood, very friendly, in Morgantown... I pay $650/month rent for a fairly large 3br/2ba house.

UtahApocalypse
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
No I will not, it will turn into another waco before long.

Yeah... 'Compounds' in Texas don't fare to well..... Waco, and El Dorado. Get like minded people living in the same area they WILL round you up.

hotbrownsauce
05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll wait and see what happens.

Kalifornia
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I wouldnt mind buying property in an area with like minded people, with some sort of covenant on resale, but a freaking desert? please... Plus it needs to be within driving distance of some jobs.

I think Ill just move to the Pac NW instead.

TruePatriot44
05-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I was interested in Paulville until I discovered the land is a crap hole desert. Whose bright idea was that?

RPTXState
05-08-2008, 01:09 AM
No.

We're not a cult, we don't need a compound.

rathskeller
05-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Everything about it is kind of scary. Even the choice of name. Sorry, but it just SCREAMS cult. Just another reason for people to put down Ron Paul supporters by lumping every one in with the crazy ones.

And I have to say..when people come up with this kind of idea, don't they ask Ron Paul himself what he thinks? Because I think if he knew about this, he would die laughing. And then it would sink it that by association, it would make him look bad.

speech
05-08-2008, 05:33 AM
If I dont get banned for writing Ron Paul Rules everywhere,

http://RONPAULforum.info

Uncle_Rahn
05-08-2008, 06:05 AM
As I have a plot in what you call "Paulville" I think I know something about it. BTW We don't have a name for it... It started as an experiment in off the grid living. The site was chosen for it's solar and wind footprint and the cheap cost. It is close to some very beautiful National Parks BTW and has a small airport normally used for bringing in Hunters in Dell City. Dell City BTW sits on one of the largest aquifers in the area.
Personally I envision a great place to go camping, dark skies and people I trust around me.
Any cultish stuff should be dispelled by the fact we have no agenda or common belief system other than Liberty.
Would ZI move there? I don't know... but I have the option.

constituent
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
As I have a plot in what you call "Paulville" I think I know something about it. BTW We don't have a name for it... It started as an experiment in off the grid living. The site was chosen for it's solar and wind footprint and the cheap cost. It is close to some very beautiful National Parks BTW and has a small airport normally used for bringing in Hunters in Dell City. Dell City BTW sits on one of the largest aquifers in the area.
Personally I envision a great place to go camping, dark skies and people I trust around me.
Any cultish stuff should be dispelled by the fact we have no agenda or common belief system other than Liberty.
Would ZI move there? I don't know... but I have the option.

you're right. guadalupe mtns., big bend, lake balmorrhea (probably one of the most beautiful on earth).

actually, you're near a very unique biotic province that only exists on one little bitty cluster of peaks in the guadalupe mtns... more advantages than many might think.

UtahApocalypse
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Everyone here saying 'but it's not a cult' may indeed be factual. The problem is not what we, or the people that move there believe though. The media, the Texas authorities, and those against us would for sure love to use the 'cult' spin.

It would be great to have liberty minded neighbors and those seeking freedom. Having a set area though does not give us any more rights, or abilities to do what we want. You will still be governed by the local, state, and federal governments. I also think we are a stronger force when spread across the nation teaching all those around us, and spreading the message like wildfire. Setting up in a set location makes it all that much easier to be locked in, and silenced.

constituent
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Everyone here saying 'but it's not a cult' may indeed be factual. The problem is not what we, or the people that move there believe though. The media, the Texas authorities, and those against us would for sure love to use the 'cult' spin.

It would be great to have liberty minded neighbors and those seeking freedom. Having a set area though does not give us any more rights, or abilities to do what we want. You will still be governed by the local, state, and federal governments. I also think we are a stronger force when spread across the nation teaching all those around us, and spreading the message like wildfire. Setting up in a set location makes it all that much easier to be locked in, and silenced.

i've been kicking around this idea for awhile, but somewhat different. rather than building a neighborhood, why not set up a corporation and have the land owned by the corporation and everyone can just live there?

this would be ::gasp:: a gated community for one reason... difficulty serving warrants.

it would be a corporation to defuse responsibility in the case of a crackdown of some sort or another.

these things are just the surface, but it's an idea.

flames2dust77
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Nopers. I use the Jesus analogy. How did he spread his message? By walking among societies undesirables. (not that people who don't have the same political affiliations as us are undesirable...but you get the analogy)

How would we get the message out if we kept to ourselves? Seems to cult like anyways. I'd rather be around all kinds of people. I kinda like it that not everyone thinks like me. Makes life more colorful and exciting.

I'll pass.