PDA

View Full Version : Come to Minneapolis for Ron Paul!

rp4vp
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Fellow Ron Paul Supporters,

Do you want to make a difference for Ron Paul at the Republican National Convention -- even if you aren't a delegate?

NOW YOU CAN.

Ron Paul's name is going to be put up for nomination at the RNC. It only takes a majority of the delegations from as few as five states supporting a Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate, to force a floor vote on that candidate (see Rule No. 40b (http://www.gop.com/About/Rules31-41.htm)). We WILL have a majority of delegates in at least five state delegations; under the rules, simply presenting signed documentation from the majority of delegates from at least five of the states at the convention that they personally support Ron Paul for nomination would be sufficient. And, even bound or pledged delegates can "demonstrate their support" of Ron Paul in such a way for the Presidential or Vice Presidential nominating process.

But... so what?

One of the main goals that the Ron Paul Campaign has right now (besides winning the nomination) is to get Dr. Paul a prime-time speaking slot at the RNC. Just getting his name up for nomination probably isn't going to do that -- the GOP leadership needs a STRONG REASON to make that decision.

That's where YOU -- and thousands of others -- can help.

Think about this: at the 1960 Republican National Convention, it was an almost foregone conclusion that Richard Nixon would be nominated for President. Supporters of the REAL conservative candidate, Senator Barry Goldwater, realized that they were fighting an uphill battle for their candidate, but they nominated Goldwater for President from the floor anyway. They wanted their man to appear in front of a NATIONAL AUDIENCE, to spread his message of limited government to the whole country.

And then an interesting thing happened, which caught the Nixon team - who had tried so hard to make sure everything in the convention was tightly planned and under serious control - completely off-guard: a "spontaneous" demonstration for Goldwater erupted on the convention floor. It appeared that he had a groundswell of support!

In fact, what really happened was that, thanks to the Goldwater-supporting state delegations from Arizona and South Carolina, hundreds of young people were snuck in "under the tent flaps" of the convention staging area. They were given false ID tags, and got onto the floor during the nomination, where they broke into their "spontaneous" (but actually carefully-planned) demonstration.

This staged show of support took everyone by surprise, and had its intended effect: Goldwater asked for permission to address the convention, and permission was granted.

Now, I'm not recommending breaking any rules or laws. But if we want to see Ron Paul get a good speaking spot at the RNC, then we need to generate the same kind of "spontaneous" demonstration as the Goldwater supporters did in 1960. Which means we're going to need a LOT MORE Ron Paul supporters inside that convention hall than just the 500 or so delegates we expect to have there.

We need YOU, and everyone you can bring, to be there -- and here's how you CAN be!

At the official RNC website (http://www.gopconvention.com/volunteer/general.aspx) it states, "With the help of volunteers, the 2008 Republican National Convention will be a truly remarkable event. The convention and the 2008 Minneapolis-Saint Paul Host Committee will recruit more than 8,000 volunteers, who will perform key duties and play crucial roles in the areas of transportation, information services, hospitality, and special events during the week of the convention."

Did you read that? EIGHT THOUSAND VOLUNTEERS are needed there. They're BEGGING you to come and get "official status" and "backstage passes" to their event!

So what are you waiting for? Come, help out, have fun for the week... and then be sure to be INSIDE the convention hall when Ron Paul's name is announced as a candidate for the nomination, so WE can have a REAL demonstration for the only TRUE conservative running!

If you would like to volunteer at the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis-Saint Paul, click here (https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/msp2008.exe) to complete an online application:

https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/msp2008.exe

We'll see you in Minnesota!

For the R3VOLution,

Bill Greene, Founder
Delegates for Ron Paul for Vice President
DelegatesForRonPaul.com (http://www.DelegatesForRonPaul.com/)

Crickett
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
What a terrific post

ItsTime
05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
welcome to the forums!

break the link!

acptulsa
05-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Though that should be "...St. Paul for Ron Paul."

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 03:06 PM
It's not like they're going to have 8,000 people in the convention hall just sitting around. Most of the volunteers will be doing stuff offsite, like shuttling delegates to and from the airport, and making phone calls, and whatnot.

Kotin
05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I already signed up to be a page.

see y'all there.

rp4vp
05-08-2008, 04:26 PM
It's not like they're going to have 8,000 people in the convention hall just sitting around. Most of the volunteers will be doing stuff offsite, like shuttling delegates to and from the airport, and making phone calls, and whatnot.

Yes, most of the time, that will be true. But when we need them the most -- during the actual few minutes of the nomination process -- it should be no problem at all to have almost all of our people right there in the hall. :)

BG

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes, most of the time, that will be true. But when we need them the most -- during the actual few minutes of the nomination process -- it should be no problem at all to have almost all of our people right there in the hall. :)

BG

In any case, it's not prudent to suggest a protest of the event on a public forum. I have signed up as a volunteer, and I will not disrupt the proceedings. If Paul and McCain were in each other's shoes, I certainly would not want McCainites messing up the party.

Do unto others.

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm planning on being there.

smileylovesfreedom
05-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm already there :)

rp4vp
05-10-2008, 10:41 PM
In any case, it's not prudent to suggest a protest of the event on a public forum. I have signed up as a volunteer, and I will not disrupt the proceedings. If Paul and McCain were in each other's shoes, I certainly would not want McCainites messing up the party.

Do unto others.

As specified -- the plan is simply a spontaneous outburst of support for Dr. Paul when he is nominated. This is in no way a "protest of the event." We're not trying to "disrupt the proceedings." Please be there when Dr. Paul is nominated (for President and/or Vice President), and please join us in whooping it up for him. :) Thanks.

BG

Danke
05-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't it be a better idea to go to Saint Paul instead? :p

weslinder
05-12-2008, 08:12 AM
I bought my ticket last week, and I will go. I'm still going to try to be a delegate or alternate, but I will be there regardless of status.

jacmicwag
05-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Great post. We also need to find out how to get tickets to enter the convention as an observer/guest. I attended the 92' GOP convention in Houston. A friend gave me a number to call and that's all it took to get into the Astrodome. We were not on the floor of the convention but sat in the seats with tens of thousands of other interested people. My guess is they will try to keep Paul supporters out but I'm sure there is a way around it. Anyone from St. Paul here who can check with the local GOP?

I'd love to come up but want to get in the building for the show.

Doktor_Jeep
05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Though there is talk of protesting, the most effective position will be INSIDE of the convention.

If you cannot get in, support someone who can. Going to this convention is indeed expensive.

Madison
05-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Bump.

rancher89
05-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Though there is talk of protesting, the most effective position will be INSIDE of the convention.

If you cannot get in, support someone who can. Going to this convention is indeed expensive.

Heh Heh, couldn't resist

My chip in for expenses to the National Convention - Alternate Delegate, Declared for Ron Paul, NC--we hope to have a bunch of these on one page for everyone to access easily....

http://gopnationaldelegatesnc.chipin.com/pat-armstrongalt-delg

MozoVote
05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Every presidential election has a horde of protesters roped off in a "free-speech" zone. It accomplishes NOTHING.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Every presidential election has a horde of protesters roped off in a "free-speech" zone. It accomplishes NOTHING.

;)

Matthew P.
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
If not now, when? If not Ron Paul, who? If not the RNC in St. Paul, where? C'mon folks - wake up! This is the time! If you truly feel that our country is in shambles (which it is), that our government has run rampant (which it has), that we more closely resemble communism than true, capitalistic freedom (which we do), then when are you going to do something about it?!

This anemic attitude of just sitting around peaceably with a "que serah, serah" attitude is lunacy! It is a cancer that, if left unchecked, will be the death knell of freedom in this country. The boat will have to be rocked at some point, it is inevitable. The more sobering truth is, no country has ever successfully overturned a corrupt government peacefully. If you really think that this is possible then you are kidding yourself. Think back with me to our country's inception - the Revolutionary War. Yes folks, WAR. There was no sitting around the camp fire singing Kum ba ya and hoping that the English would just give up and see our unchanging stance and unwilling, participatory attitude. If you believe something you will have to back it up somehow.

I think that this is an excellent idea. I like the fact that he is trying to stay within the rules, though that really means nothing. For, if the situation is as dire as everybody (including me) thinks it is and everything is hinging on it - then we must stand up and be heard. The MSM will have to acknowledge the message at some point. The people of America will have to sit up and listen at some point. Those who are in Washington, doing their own thing, regardless of the voters who sent them there, will have to realize that this will no longer be tolerated at some point. When is that point going to happen? It sounds to me like we have a nice opportunity at the RNC. If you can do it by following the rules - more power to you. If you have to fudge a few of them - more power to you.

Desperate times call for cunning measures!

Tedhunter
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I live in Minneapolis, and work for a security company. The RNC is conscripting local guards to assist with the massive security needs of the convention. If I got myself assigned, I wonder how I could assist Ron Paul, without compromising my security duties. Any ideas?

torchbearer
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I live in Minneapolis, and work for a security company. The RNC is conscripting local guards to assist with the massive security needs of the convention. If I got myself assigned, I wonder how I could assist Ron Paul, without compromising my security duties. Any ideas?

You could keep us updated on any illegal activities the security may be involved in..
starting riots etc.

matthylland
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Signed up, hope to see 50,000 others there as well, volunteer or not!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if they comp you a hotel room or at least give you free meals or something? This could be a fantastic opportunity for some of our supporters to lend a hand who may not be able to afford to go otherwise. Oh yeah, how hard would it be to "accidentally" slip a few copies of the manifesto into the hands of some delegates?