PDA

View Full Version : i left my book at work......

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
so i was working last night and i left my book at the nurses station....once i got home was when i realized that i left it there....i was so upset because i thought someone was going to throw it away.......

to my surprise when i went to work today the night nurse that i relieved said it was a very slow night and she read the ENTIRE BOOK!!! i was amazed because this is the same woman who said she wanted to vote the first female into the white house....she told me that she had heard of Dr. Paul but thought that he had dropped out of the race and she admitted that she didnt know much about where he stood on certain issues.....well after reading his book she told me that she was going to vote for Paul "definately no matter what".....

i told her she could keep my book (its my travel book, ive got 5 more at home that i use for different reasons, i kno im a bit of a geek)....she told me she was going to speak to her hubby and family and friends and that she would share my book and Ron Pauls thoughts to everyone she came into contact with....she asked where she could purchase more too!!:p

as corny as this is gonna sound i feel a bit emotional....i woke her up by leaving my book and now she will "pay it forward".....i feel so good that im going to buy about 10 more copies of the book to leave on each floor of the hospital:D

i also work at a substance abuse hospital and have converted quite a few addicts to vote for Paul.....they really like the whole pardon for non violent drug offense;)

Truth Warrior
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
If Ron had written it before the campaign, I wonder where we'd all be now?

-lotus-
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
thats how its done.

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
makes me want to buy 50 or 100 books and just "accidentally" leave them everywhere. :D

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM

i kno!!!! i really wish he would have come out with it sooner but things happen for a reason....

ahhhh but for now we continue waking the sheeple up;)

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:24 PM
makes me want to buy 50 or 100 books and just "accidentally" leave them everywhere. :D

lol it was the best accident that ever happened to me...i was so worried someone was going to throw it away...i didnt even think that someone would have taken the time to read it......she said the title is what got her to peek inside....

i think ill order a bunch more to accidentally leave them at other places besides my work places...i do need to go to midas for an oil change........
:cool:

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 01:26 PM

Catch 22. It's called "The Revolution: A Manifesto" for a reason. He couldn't have written it. Ron's said at interviews that, at the beginning of the campaign, he thought the campaign would only last three months. So if he wrote a book before, it'd be like, "Where Art Thou, Logic?"

Truth Warrior
05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
i kno!!!! i really wish he would have come out with it sooner but things happen for a reason....

I suppose. :( Ah, what might have been. ;)

dannno
05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
she was going to speak to her hubby and family and friends and that she would share my book and Ron Pauls thoughts to everyone she came into contact with....

She is about to have a rude awakening and a whole new perspective on the world that she once knew...

Truth Warrior
05-07-2008, 01:40 PM
She is about to have a rude awakening and a whole new perspective on the world that she once knew...
Yep, red pills do that to folks. :)

Soccrmastr
05-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Catch 22. It's called "The Revolution: A Manifesto" for a reason. He couldn't have written it. Ron's said at interviews that, at the beginning of the campaign, he thought the campaign would only last three months. So if he wrote a book before, it'd be like, "Where Art Thou, Logic?"

yup. its called a campaign book. because of the success of the campaign he wrote the book.

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:48 PM

well she was disgusted at the whole media blackout thing because in her words "she thought the media always plays fair".....but she did say that reading the book opened her eyes to the lies and fraud we are subject to everyday

i did warn her that it isnt easy to talk ron paulitics with the sheeple....theyre quick to label u a nut:rolleyes:

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
one convert in Boston is worth 50 almost anywhere else. :=D
though it's not so much a conversion as a return to common sense.
I left a copy at the dentist's office, the T, and will leave them in random places everywhere.

These books are becoming land mines that explode Truth into the minds of those with enough curiosity to open the book up and trigger it.

Truth Warrior
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I was always curious about just what Ron was always writing, during all of those TV debates. :D

tonyr1988
05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Awesome story - my finals are almost done, so I'm gonna finish the book and pass it to my mom. I'll probably buy at least one more, though...it spreads through people faster. :)

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I was always curious about just what Ron was always writing, during all of those TV debates. :D

hahahaha i remember seeing him scribble things down and id think to myself "if they just gave him a minute to speak hed rip them all a new asshole!":p

Theocrat
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM

(lol) Me, too.

pepperpete1
05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for sharing, it was very uplifting.
I just wrote a letter to Jay Leno asking him to have Dr. Paul back on his show to talk about his new book and how the campaign is going. Maybe ask him if he feels validated now that the economy is where he said it would be.
Hope he gets the letter, then hope he invites Ron Paul to his show!

1000-points-of-fright
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM

He should use that line when he does press interviews promoting the book.

Yom
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM
This post made my afternoon. :D

georgiaboy
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM

And these people will be voters in November!

This is so exciting to hear - wow, imagine the potential here.

Support as best you can the other threads that are putting plans together to get the manifesto into the hands of every national delegate, every congressman & senator, every state & local office holder.

Thank you, Ron Paul, for giving us this great tool to use during this monumental campaign. The biggest problem we've been having is getting the message out, and now we have another great tool to assist us.

And lo and behold, it's not the internet! (You mean Spammers can read?!?)

This election is far from over.

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 02:35 PM

good point. You can't really talk about being marginalized before you are marginalized. :D

kathy88
05-07-2008, 03:04 PM

There's an idea. Now about dropping a few copies off at Doctor's offices. There isn't crap to read in those places.....

This post gave me chills. All I have to do is get people to Google RP or read something I've printed off the net, or watch an old debate on You Tube and they are converts. How can anyone not be with the state of our country?

ams5995
05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
and hopefully someone will read it. i put my name in the cover so they know who to talk to once they're done. smart move, eh.

Cinderella
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
operation leave ur book at work, doctors office, mechanics garage, library, & school day

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
buy 10 copies and send them out as presents to your closest friends and family. Put a note in it that says "Once you are done reading this book give it to one of your closest friends and discuss their thoughts on it after".

something like that might allow the book itself to end up EVERYWHERE just by word of mouth and a simple instruction to pass it on.

nate895
05-07-2008, 04:42 PM

Hey, let's do that. People who have boring jobs should leave behind books "on accident."

RSLudlum
05-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I've experienced about the same with my father. The past two days when I go by my parents house to pick up my daughter my father has not been able to shut up about RP and his positions!!! Talks more about RP than me now!! He said that he keeps on catching himself shaking his head while reading the book and just told me today that he thinks if Americans had a real chance to hear RP's stance on the issues and how RP describes what really ails our country, he would be able to capture the presidency!! This is absolutely amazing esp. since he's been a staunch McCain supporter, mainly bc. of the war, but is saying now that we should get out of Iraq as soon as possible and stop aiding other countries including Israel, bc. we just can't afford any of it anymore!! My father showing this turnaround in his positions really gives me hope for other Americans that are in the dark!! :)

V4Vendetta
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Great Story "HIGH FIVE!"

Akus
05-07-2008, 06:43 PM

If Ron Paul did this or that before the campaign is a huge can of worms...

JMann
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
If you own a rental property make sure the book is available. There should be a bunch of people with the opportunity to read while vacationing at the beach this summer.

OptionsTrader
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Thinking about giving one to my boss. He's an avid reader, but I never talk politics with him b/c it is better to keep things professional. Sort of a weird situation b/c some of our business is government contracts.

Ninja Homer
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
If you're going to leave books at random places, make sure to register it at http://bookcrossing.com! You can track where it goes, who reads it, and people are encouraged to pass it on.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I've experienced about the same with my father. The past two days when I go by my parents house to pick up my daughter my father has not been able to shut up about RP and his positions!!! Talks more about RP than me now!! He said that he keeps on catching himself shaking his head while reading the book and just told me today that he thinks if Americans had a real chance to hear RP's stance on the issues and how RP describes what really ails our country, he would be able to capture the presidency!! This is absolutely amazing esp. since he's been a staunch McCain supporter, mainly bc. of the war, but is saying now that we should get out of Iraq as soon as possible and stop aiding other countries including Israel, bc. we just can't afford any of it anymore!! My father showing this turnaround in his positions really gives me hope for other Americans that are in the dark!! :)

I nearly teared up there. hahah :D

Thomas_Paine
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM

Now was great timing. not only that, I don't believe that Ron Paul could have written such a GREAT book without first experiencing THE REVOLUTION. As he says over and over (and over) again, he didn't think that this run would come to much and RESISTED those who urged him to do so. We gave Ron Paul back his Optimism. Think about it, he has felt pressure and exhilaration that few of us have. He has maintained his integrity and character throughout the storm, and this book is everything he has worked for in his life, summed up in his incredibly consistent philosophy.

RSLudlum
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I nearly teared up there. hahah :D

;)

He's been warming up to RP very slowly. I first gave him a copy of "A Foreign Policy.." about a month ago and after he finished it, he said he agreed with the majority of RP's positions with the exception of jumping out of Iraq and was on the fence about supporting Israel. BUT about 2 weeks ago, without my prompting him, my father asked if I was going to get a copy of RP's new book and asked if he could borrow it after I was finished. Little did he know I already had 2 more copies on the way!!! Now he's finishing the book up, and is yet another American whose veil weaved of lies has been lifted by the good Doctor!! :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon5.gif Now the only problem I have to figure out is: Who do I lend The Revolution to next???

pappy
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
spreading the word with ths book is a great idea. it allows people to discover things for themselves. when they convert themselves the quality of conversion is so much better.

how bout placing a small blurb in each book that is given away or "left out" that asks converts to get involved:

participate in the march, get into politics, pass the book on, etc.

pappy

nc4rp
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
lets do this to about 800 GoP delegates eh?

Cleaner44
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
lets do this to about 800 GoP delegates eh?

This is the most genius idea EVER! This the THE key. If we could get even half of them to read it... :D

Conza88
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
;)

He's been warming up to RP very slowly. I first gave him a copy of "A Foreign Policy.." about a month ago and after he finished it, he said he agreed with the majority of RP's positions with the exception of jumping out of Iraq and was on the fence about supporting Israel. BUT about 2 weeks ago, without my prompting him, my father asked if I was going to get a copy of RP's new book and asked if he could borrow it after I was finished. Little did he know I already had 2 more copies on the way!!! Now he's finishing the book up, and is yet another American whose veil weaved of lies has been lifted by the good Doctor!! :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon5.gif Now the only problem I have to figure out is: Who do I lend The Revolution to next???

Lend... friends & family.. maybe the sons and daughters of local people in power... Hahahah. The most neoconised person you know, who knows your friends & relatives.. if he wakes up, and starts to stfu about the war etc.. if he is usually hostile and opinionated, and he changes his tune! That will affect alot of people around him.. so I guess, look for the people whose opinions are respected (even though they probably shouldn't be..), look to give it too someone who you think will become an activist.. anyone and everyone really :D

kathy88
05-08-2008, 04:03 AM
I metioned to my hubby yesterday that grassroots was organizing a book bomb for the dlegates, and told him I'd be buying at least 5 copies and "adopting a delegate" or whatever we're calling it. He asked how much the book was and when I told him he called me cheap and told me to buy more :)

Truth Warrior
05-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Now was great timing. not only that, I don't believe that Ron Paul could have written such a GREAT book without first experiencing THE REVOLUTION. As he says over and over (and over) again, he didn't think that this run would come to much and RESISTED those who urged him to do so. We gave Ron Paul back his Optimism. Think about it, he has felt pressure and exhilaration that few of us have. He has maintained his integrity and character throughout the storm, and this book is everything he has worked for in his life, summed up in his incredibly consistent philosophy.
And the "system at work" gave Ron AND us back ..... REALITY. :(

rmodel65
05-08-2008, 04:29 AM
haha, i wish someone would leave their copy for me at the doctor office tomorrow:p

i always have a little wait and my copy isn't in yet. i also picked up a few other books by Paul:D

ClayTrainor
05-08-2008, 04:43 AM
That's a great story Cinderella!

Just shows the power of the Book and how we should continue to spread it until the government is restored to constitutional values.

BagOfEyebrows
05-08-2008, 05:34 AM
this thread gives me goosebumps of happiness and hope - reading these stories of success is just so inspiring. Especially so soon after the release of the book - with the rest of the spring, summer and autumn for people to read the book, I really think something amazing & positive is more and more possible every day for this country.

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 05:35 AM

That's hilarious. He had enough free time to whip out at least half a chapter at each debate! :D

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
how bout placing a small blurb in each book that is given away or "left out" that asks converts to get involved:

participate in the march, get into politics, pass the book on, etc.

pappy

i love that idea!!!!:D

walt
05-08-2008, 08:11 AM

As much as I've berated certain execution in this campaign - by the headquarters - for gosh sake cut Dr. Paul some slack, he said the reactions to his campaign surprised him and quite frankly, I don't know how he ever wrote this given his schedule late last year at all. I also still think he has something up his sleeve to try to embarass the party into reverting to it's core principles.

Bern
05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
If you're going to leave books at random places, make sure to register it at http://bookcrossing.com! You can track where it goes, who reads it, and people are encouraged to pass it on.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

mport1
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Go for it.

airborne373
05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
The truth is a virus.

Truth Warrior
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
As much as I've berated certain execution in this campaign - by the headquarters - for gosh sake cut Dr. Paul some slack, he said the reactions to his campaign surprised him and quite frankly, I don't know how he ever wrote this given his schedule late last year at all. I also still think he has something up his sleeve to try to embarass the party into reverting to it's core principles.

I cut Ron TONS of slack! It was just an idle speculation.

GOP core principles reversion??? TPTB would NEVER go for that one. If I'm incorrect, I'll only believe that when I see it. ( Not holding my breath, waiting! :rolleyes: ) Hello NWO!! :p

Thanks! :)

kyleAF
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I just thought of something:

We should all leave a book or two somewhere public with a handwritten note in the front...

"You'll likely have one of three reactions to reading this book.

1. You'll love it.
2. You'll hate it.
3. You won't really care either way.

If you hate it, please leave it here.
If you don't care, please leave it here.
If you love it, please leave this one here, purchase one for yourself, and purchase another one (or more) to leave somewhere else with these same instructions!

Signed: Just Another Ron Paul-Bot"

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-08-2008, 12:04 PM
sweet!

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
We should start an initiative to put one in every fire station and every police station.

Rhys
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
op, that's how I felt about my copy of Tao De Ching. I never got it back cause people were always reading it and I'm glad.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
We should start an initiative to put one in every fire station and every police station.

SEND it too some guys in the ARMY, NAVY and AIRFORCE..

Seriously, with their down time (whatever it is) they could EASILY read his book.. MAN, several copies could go around the whole fken Camp / Ship / Airfield. :D

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
SEND it too some guys in the ARMY, NAVY and AIRFORCE..

Seriously, with their down time (whatever it is) they could EASILY read his book.. MAN, several copies could go around the whole fken Camp / Ship / Airfield. :D

Soldiers are always asking for reading material. TR:AM makes a great care package item.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Another great place to leave the book is in the office and/or public bathroom stalls.
You know us guys like to take our time and do most of our learning in there.....

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 07:10 PM
ok so im at work and my book is at the nurses station ( my coworker offered it to another friend here who is reading it) and to my surprise someone wrote a comment in the book saying, and i quote, "ron paul is a loser. obama will win. face it america wants CHANGE!"

i almost shit myself

im not too good with the one liners and i really want to write something witty.......help me come up with something before i go home at 11:30 est

Jeremy
05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
ok so im at work and my book is at the nurses station ( my coworker offered it to another friend here who is reading it) and to my surprise someone wrote a comment in the book saying, and i quote, "ron paul is a loser. obama will win. face it america wants CHANGE!"

i almost shit myself

im not too good with the one liners and i really want to write something witty.......help me come up with something before i go home at 11:30 est

omg... i cant think of anything

make a new thread so more people see and can help =)

clintontj72
05-08-2008, 07:21 PM

i almost shit myself

You could just reply with the good ol' 'Truth truly is Treason in the Empire of Lies'

NightOwl
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
omg... i cant think of anything

make a new thread so more people see and can help =)

Well, why not start with the first paragraph of the whole book, in the preface, which sounds like it was written about Obama! What kind of "change" are we getting? More bankruptcy, more spending, a continuing military presence all over the world (which Obama has NO PROBLEM with; he warns about "retreating into isolationism," a stupid p.c. phrase), more running roughshod over the powers of states and communities, more disregard for the Constitution, no change in our monetary system, etc. What the heck is new about that? How is that "change"? Isn't that exactly what we've been getting?

Conza88
05-08-2008, 08:26 PM
ron paul is a loser. obama will win. face it america wants CHANGE!"

Obama is CHANGE in the WRONG direction. Face it, socialism failed! Ron Paul is America's only TRUE Hope.

OR

write in this url..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKSfwfy0h8

Lol.. :p

Cinderella
05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
thanks...i found a great quote in someones signiture that i will use :

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
-Mark Twain

Conza88
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
thanks...i found a great quote in someones signiture that i will use :

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
-Mark Twain

Perfeccccccct!

Obama supporter just got RW3D!:D:D:D:D

Still can't believe that person wrote that in there.. that documents gonna save their country.
Did they even read it?

turbosaab
05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
or "Obama wants CHANGE... all the CHANGE in your pocket" :D

Doktor_Jeep
05-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey! This thread is being linked from a lewrockwell.com article!

It's like being at a ball game and ending up on TV. Wave to the LRC readers!

Seriously, lewrockwell.com is where I learned about Ron Paul and have read his articles and speeches there for 8 years now. I recommend that everybody head on down there and see for yourselves what a great website it is.

Conza88
05-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Hey! This thread is being linked from a lewrockwell.com article!

It's like being at a ball game and ending up on TV. Wave to the LRC readers!

Seriously, lewrockwell.com is where I learned about Ron Paul and have read his articles and speeches there for 8 years now. I recommend that everybody head on down there and see for yourselves what a great website it is.

Wow, whats the link to the article! :D

Truth Warrior
05-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Wow, whats the link to the article! :D
http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods90.html

Truth Warrior
05-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Take the Red Pill

Great article title choice there BTW, Thomas. :D

ruggedindividualist
05-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Obama is CHANGE in the WRONG direction. Face it, socialism failed! Ron Paul is America's only TRUE Hope.

OR

write in this url..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKSfwfy0h8

Lol.. :p

It's difficult to understand, but some folks are just commies; thieves and liars at heart. They hate truth and righteousness. I've had numerous discussions with such people. They are downright evil, wanting the complete assimilation of everyone into their quasi-religious statist created utopia. No amount of reasoning works with such people, they become angry and begin calling names and attempting to marginalize you when faced with truth and fact because they can't defend their evil beliefs. They are control freaks and power grabbers and they are everywhere. What kind of pig would write such a thing in someone elses book, anyway?

Truth Warrior
05-12-2008, 06:57 AM
It's difficult to understand, but some folks are just commies; thieves and liars at heart. They hate truth and righteousness. I've had numerous discussions with such people. They are downright evil, wanting the complete assimilation of everyone into their quasi-religious statist created utopia. No amount of reasoning works with such people, they become angry and begin calling names and attempting to marginalize you when faced with truth and fact because they can't defend their evil beliefs. They are control freaks and power grabbers and they are everywhere. What kind of pig would write such a thing in someone elses book, anyway?

QFT!

Right On! You nailed it. ;)

Thanks! :)

Cinderella
05-12-2008, 07:42 AM
omg thats soooo cool!!!!

torchbearer
05-12-2008, 07:48 AM

Actually, thats a good idea. Imagine if that book was left everywhere.
And everywhere people are in waiting rooms... they will see his Book.
And they will begin to read...

Write a note inside, invite the reader to take the book. And when they are done... they will know what to do...
Spread the message.

pinkmandy
05-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I feel so inspired to buy more books and get them out there. Curiousity will lead people to open the book and at least read the inner jacket. YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO...who can resist that? Nobody likes being lied to!

CurtisLow
05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Awesome story! Almost brought out my man tears. I'm going to donate one of my books to the county library and before I do that I'm going to call the newspaper to see if they want to do a story on my donation (And RP) I hope they will....

I ordered Thu Amazon so I have to wait until July.. : (

NightOwl
05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Awesome story! Almost brought out my man tears. I'm going to donate one of my books to the county library and before I do that I'm going to call the newspaper to see if they want to do a story on my donation (And RP) I hope they will....

I ordered Thu Amazon so I have to wait until July.. : (

Do not believe this July nonsense. That's Amazon's computer talking, not a person. The printing and shipping process for a book does not take over two months. No publisher, much less a major one like Grand Central, would take that long. If you don't have your book in the mail by the end of THIS month -- and I really mean this -- then I owe you a gift card for dinner for two. That's how sure I am.

NightOwl
05-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Do not believe this July nonsense. That's Amazon's computer talking, not a person. The printing and shipping process for a book does not take over two months. No publisher, much less a major one like Grand Central, would take that long. If you don't have your book in the mail by the end of THIS month -- and I really mean this -- then I owe you a gift card for dinner for two. That's how sure I am.

In fact, as of this moment Amazon is now saying May 25.

LESSON: Don't listen to Amazon when it tells you crazy things that can't possibly be true.

Truth Warrior
05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
omg thats soooo cool!!!!

Congrats!!!!! :D

Cinderella
05-12-2008, 12:23 PM

bump!!!!!!!!!:D

uhclem
05-12-2008, 04:58 PM
<snip>
.....i feel so good that im going to buy about 10 more copies of the book to leave on each floor of the hospital:D
<snip>

It's nice to read all these enthusiastic posts here and all over the 'net in support of Ron Paul and his philosophy.
I want to caution you and everyone else to try not to be too terribly depressed if things don't go as we hope they do.

I remember a few years back when another candidate, albeit a vice presidential candidate, wrote a book, and it was well received also. I bought and gave out plenty, all for naught. (Well, maybe not...maybe all y'all Ron Paul supporters read passed-around, dog-eared copies of those books...)

Anyway, here's a link to that book now offered free on the 'net by the author, Dr. Mary Ruwart: http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/ruwart_all.html

Cinderella
05-12-2008, 05:12 PM
It's nice to read all these enthusiastic posts here and all over the 'net in support of Ron Paul and his philosophy.
I want to caution you and everyone else to try not to be too terribly depressed if things don't go as we hope they do.

I remember a few years back when another candidate, albeit a vice presidential candidate, wrote a book, and it was well received also. I bought and gave out plenty, all for naught. (Well, maybe not...maybe all y'all Ron Paul supporters read passed-around, dog-eared copies of those books...)

Anyway, here's a link to that book now offered free on the 'net by the author, Dr. Mary Ruwart: http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/ruwart_all.html

lmfao!!! dont be terribly depressed if things dont go the way we want them togo??? have u been sleeping the past year?!?! have things gone the way we wanted them to go yet?? uhhh no.....the fact that people are waking up on a daily basis and the fact that someone took the time to read a book by a man whom they thought was a kook is an accomplishment on its own..............im not "depressed" and i doubt that the others here are "depressed".....winning doesnt mean that ron paul will become POTUS....though it would be great that doesnt mean we can stop working and call it a day....we will continue to work and educate people and try our hardest to undue all the shit the gov has done to our people.........sorry no time to be "depressed"

freedom1787
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
This was a great and encouraging story! I have had a similar effect with my book when I have shared it with my wife and my parents. Maybe we should have a 'stall bomb' and leave thousands of copies of our book all over stalls across the US. It would at least help the male vote. :cool:

Cinderella
05-12-2008, 06:33 PM
pay it forward everyone!!!

Cinderella
05-13-2008, 07:17 AM
love

uhclem
05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
lmfao!!! dont be terribly depressed if things dont go the way we want them togo??? have u been sleeping the past year?!?! have things gone the way we wanted them to go yet?? uhhh no.....the fact that people are waking up on a daily basis and the fact that someone took the time to read a book by a man whom they thought was a kook is an accomplishment on its own..............im not "depressed" and i doubt that the others here are "depressed".....winning doesnt mean that ron paul will become POTUS....though it would be great that doesnt mean we can stop working and call it a day....we will continue to work and educate people and try our hardest to undue all the shit the gov has done to our people.........sorry no time to be "depressed"

Well I hardly expected to be flamed. But oh well. Hey congrads on getting some random person to read the book. Yeah, people are waking up...now just try to keep them up!
No, I haven't been sleeping this past year, nor any previous years. I've been working to get sleeping people like you to wake up...

Well, I guess it's a good thing that people continue to be on fire for the dream of getting the jack-boots off our throats using the voting booth and the keyboard as their weapons of choice.
Just try not to become disillusioned when it doesn't work.

Bottom line: we can't vote ourselves out of this totalitarian mess we've allowed to happen. We allowed it to happen by not exercising our most important right... Modern Americans "sacrifice" by missing an episode of Surviver or sitting at a card table urging (within the allowed guidelines) people to register to vote on a day when they'd rather be out boating.

I gave the legal limit to Dr. Paul's campaign because I believed he'd get the message of liberty out to more people. He's done a fine job of it.
And folks like you who hand out his books and other stuff, and talk to people about liberty. who take the time to explain about the mess we're in to folks who are blind, asleep, and/or clueless is a noble pursuit, but in the end, those who have worked so hard to be in charge, will remain in charge unless and until we classic liberals are willing to lose everything: our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor, to wrest their power from them.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Well I hardly expected to be flamed. But oh well. Hey congrads on getting some random person to read the book. Yeah, people are waking up...now just try to keep them up!
No, I haven't been sleeping this past year, nor any previous years. I've been working to get sleeping people like you to wake up...

Well, I guess it's a good thing that people continue to be on fire for the dream of getting the jack-boots off our throats using the voting booth and the keyboard as their weapons of choice.

Bottom line: we can't vote ourselves out of this totalitarian mess we've allowed to happen. We allowed it to happen by not exercising our most important right... Modern Americans "sacrifice" by missing an episode of Surviver or sitting at a card table urging (within the allowed guidelines) people to register to vote on a day when they'd rather be out boating.

I gave the legal limit to Dr. Paul's campaign because I believed he'd get the message of liberty out to more people. He's done a fine job of it.
And folks like you who hand out his books and other stuff, and talk to people about liberty. who take the time to explain about the mess we're in to folks who are blind, asleep, and/or clueless is a noble pursuit, but in the end, those who have worked so hard to be in charge, will remain in charge unless and until we classic liberals are willing to lose everything: our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor, to wrest their power from them.

This.
I've been working the trenches for 12 years prior to this campaign. I know exactly what you are talking about. Often times people on here think I'm being a bit extreme when I say "rope and tree"... but its the truth.
The people in charge no longer follow the law. No longer obey their own rules. They are not going to give up power through an election. They won't let it happen.
Which leaves only one path to freedom. The peaceful path was blocked. The violent one is the only path left.

intelliot
05-14-2008, 12:23 AM

LOL

This is a Revolution of LOVE

Cinderella
05-14-2008, 07:22 AM

i do appologize if i came off harsh.....i felt ur post was an indirect way to bring the morale down....welcome to the forum ;)

uhclem
05-14-2008, 07:26 AM
This.
I've been working the trenches for 12 years prior to this campaign. I know exactly what you are talking about. Often times people on here think I'm being a bit extreme when I say "rope and tree"... but its the truth.
The people in charge no longer follow the law. No longer obey their own rules. They are not going to give up power through an election. They won't let it happen.
Which leaves only one path to freedom. The peaceful path was blocked. The violent one is the only path left.

So true.
<sigh> Reality can be quite depressing.

uhclem
05-14-2008, 09:12 AM
i do appologize if i came off harsh.....i felt ur post was an indirect way to bring the morale down....welcome to the forum ;)

Thanx!
:D

UK4Paul
05-16-2008, 08:05 AM

Maybe the book wouldn't have been as popular.

Truth Warrior
05-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Maybe the book wouldn't have been as popular. You may just be right. It might have been a means to do an end run around the MSM boycott and mistreatment and the GOP misinfo, disinfo campaign shenanigans, and to get the message out there to more people. Who knows? :(

Thanks!

Conza88
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Left anymore books at work? :D

Delivered4000
05-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Amazing story

Conza88
09-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Left anymore books at work? :D

Answer me. :mad:

Cinderella
09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Answer me. :mad:

lol....no...unfortunatley i left that job because i decided to go back to school to pursue my BSN....im still working at the detox center where mostly everyone there is an obama nut but theyre very open to ron paul ideas and wished they had known more about him before....my sup is a ron paul supporter as well as a few other people. that work there...

Conza88
09-19-2008, 07:20 AM
lol....no...unfortunatley i left that job because i decided to go back to school to pursue my BSN....im still working at the detox center where mostly everyone there is an obama nut but theyre very open to ron paul ideas and wished they had known more about him before....my sup is a ron paul supporter as well as a few other people. that work there...

:D oh cool... hmm a whole work place filled with ron paul supporters.. heaven? ;)
Or.... would no work get done, cus everyone can't work, cus they're too busy hating on the state... :cool:

Cinderella
09-19-2008, 07:26 AM
it is nice to work with people who are not so absolutely clueless about whats going on...i love my job....theres this gay dance club that had ron paul signs at the top of their building...everyone could see them becaue the signs were huge an located next to the highway...the signs are still up but now they put a big sign for the CFL....i need to give them a call to say thanks and maybe meet them...its always nice to meet ron paul supporters

JosephTheLibertarian
09-19-2008, 07:41 AM
so i was working last night and i left my book at the nurses station....once i got home was when i realized that i left it there....i was so upset because i thought someone was going to throw it away.......

to my surprise when i went to work today the night nurse that i relieved said it was a very slow night and she read the ENTIRE BOOK!!! i was amazed because this is the same woman who said she wanted to vote the first female into the white house....she told me that she had heard of Dr. Paul but thought that he had dropped out of the race and she admitted that she didnt know much about where he stood on certain issues.....well after reading his book she told me that she was going to vote for Paul "definately no matter what".....

i told her she could keep my book (its my travel book, ive got 5 more at home that i use for different reasons, i kno im a bit of a geek)....she told me she was going to speak to her hubby and family and friends and that she would share my book and Ron Pauls thoughts to everyone she came into contact with....she asked where she could purchase more too!!:p

as corny as this is gonna sound i feel a bit emotional....i woke her up by leaving my book and now she will "pay it forward".....i feel so good that im going to buy about 10 more copies of the book to leave on each floor of the hospital:D

i also work at a substance abuse hospital and have converted quite a few addicts to vote for Paul.....they really like the whole pardon for non violent drug offense;)

hmm fascinating. I used the same tactic with my resume. :p but that's cool. Read an entire book in one night? That's alot. Are you sure she comprehends it all?

Cinderella
09-19-2008, 09:01 AM
hmm fascinating. I used the same tactic with my resume. :p but that's cool. Read an entire book in one night? That's alot. Are you sure she comprehends it all?

well its an 8 hour shift and it was 11-7 shift which is alot quieter than the other shifts...so yea she did say she finished it because it was such a good read she couldnt put it down...i havent spoken to that nurse in quite some time...i hope she stayed awake

The_Orlonater
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
OOOH!

I have an idea! Let's print a lot of books and leave them everywhere!

Heh. :cool:

Conza88
09-28-2008, 02:47 AM
OOOH!

I have an idea! Let's print a lot of books and leave them everywhere!

Heh. :cool:

Worst idea ever.

Conza88
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Worst idea ever.

Jokes of course :p

Cinderella
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
wow my thread got lots of hits...over 7000 views...im quite proud :)

this is a very happy day for me

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Yep, red pills do that to folks. :)

yeah! Fortunately, the headache only lasts a few hours. :D

Conza88
04-06-2009, 07:31 AM
:)

tribute_13
04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I wish I had the money to buy every copy I can and just hand them out for free to strangers on the street.

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
bump....leave a copy of ron pauls book at your work!!

MelissaWV
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
bump....leave a copy of ron pauls book at your work!!

I doubt our cleaning people can read :( This is a neat story, though. I would add that some places have little "lending libraries" on the job, and adding a few books like this to the shelves is a great idea.

I wish some of the publishing companies and the authors would get together and consider the idea of making 30-50 page "chapters" available en masse. Without being overtly political, a little slender booklet along those lines with a title showing it's just about "the Federal Reserve" or "How We Survived Before the Income Tax" would make it attractive to people, say, stuck in a doctor's office waiting room.

BuddyRey
02-25-2010, 04:36 PM
This is a great story!