PDA

View Full Version : If you're a delegate READ THIS

Ian A.
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I was a Maine delegate, and we only received 1 national delegate out of 18, despite the 38% of town delegates that the campaign bragged about forever. The McCain minions are getting smarter and we need to be on our toes.

The reasons for the defeat was numerous, but the biggest reason was that the McCain campaign with the help of the GOP were passing out lists of delegates to choose from. They were all solid McCain supporters. Then they got OUR list of Ron Paul delegates and were passing them out.

Though I blame the Maine RP campaign partially, there are ways to avoid this happening in the future:

If you receive an email from the GOP (as I did) asking who you support, DO NOT say you support Ron Paul, and DO NOT ignore it either (as I did). Instead, tell them you support McCain.

Do not go passing around your list of RP delegates willy nilly. They should be secret.

When you are presenting your case in front of the mic (assuming the GOP doesn't block you) appeal to Republican values and jab the Dems in the ribs. They'll love it! :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
bump

Matt Davidson
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Great advice! I would add one point about the Ron Paul delegate sheet!

You need not mention Ron Paul on this sheet especially if everyone knows that you're running on a particular slate. Call yourselves "Republcians for Fiscal Responsibility" or "Republicans for Individual Liberty" or something else clever, so that even when the GOP gets your sheet, they won't know that you're RP supporters. Then when you get to a caucus, campaign with everyone there handing out your slate. Some people will even vote against the mccains if they respect your stance on the issues, but you have to make this about the issues rather than Ron Paul.

Matt

Ian A.
05-07-2008, 06:09 PM
blimp