PDA

View Full Version : Delegate Scoreboard

Maltheus
05-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I haven't been a regular on these forums for a while, but I was wondering if there was a website detailing Paul's progress as we start to pick up national delegates (preferable not a MSM site). Our state convention (Colorado) is coming up at the end of the month and I'd like to get an idea of what we might expect. Do we even still have a chance of preventing McCain from acquiring enough delegates to automatically take it?

acptulsa
05-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Nope. We thought about figuring it up, but then we realized that in order to maintain secrecy we would have to shoot ourselves. Didn't seem worth it, somehow...

Maltheus
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
in order to maintain secrecy we would have to shoot ourselves. Didn't seem worth it, somehow...

Fair enough, I wouldn't want you shooting yourself. But does secrecy really matter once someone is a national delegate?

JK/SEA
05-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Nope. We thought about figuring it up, but then we realized that in order to maintain secrecy we would have to shoot ourselves. Didn't seem worth it, somehow...

QFT..and btw, only those of us in the front lines have data, but i'll be damned if i'll post anything on a public forum. And besides, what difference does it make? if you are on board and dedicated, you will be focused on getting 2nd tier people elected to Congress, and will keep promoting the message to anyone that will listen. The Primarys are about done, but National is coming, and without giving anything away, i would say we are further ahead now than this time last year.

Keep at it. No quarter.

acptulsa
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
But does secrecy really matter once someone is a national delegate?

Depends on whether they're an overt or a covert operative, of course.

Seriously, though, it is number one a difficult count and number two a definite case of doing the enemy's work for them.

No1ButPaul08
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I haven't been a regular on these forums for a while, but I was wondering if there was a website detailing Paul's progress as we start to pick up national delegates (preferable not a MSM site). Our state convention (Colorado) is coming up at the end of the month and I'd like to get an idea of what we might expect. Do we even still have a chance of preventing McCain from acquiring enough delegates to automatically take it?

I put together a spreadsheet which I believe to be correct for the most part. The spreadsheet doesn't reflect RP supporters who are delegates bound to McCain. However, the spreadsheet does show delegates we have secured through dealmaking, 3 in WV and 5 in ND.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

I believe unless something happens to McCain he will be the nominee. All of the talk about unbinding delegates, IMO, is nonsense. The RNC will not allow that to happen, as they will just throw out the states where it does.

Maltheus
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
All of the talk about unbinding delegates, IMO, is nonsense. The RNC will not allow that to happen, as they will just throw out the states where it does.

They don't have to be unbound. They can simply no-vote to swell our proportions. Nobody, not even bound delegates, have to vote for McCain. It's only that the bound delegates can't vote for Paul.

brandon
05-07-2008, 10:50 AM
They don't have to be unbound. They can simply no-vote to swell our proportions. Nobody, not even bound delegates, have to vote for McCain. It's only that the bound delegates can't vote for Paul.

The delegates have to vote. If they don't, they will be replaced with an alternate.

dannno
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
But does secrecy really matter once someone is a national delegate?

I'll make an un-educated guess.

Yes.

Maltheus
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
The delegates have to vote. If they don't, they will be replaced with an alternate.

Well, I'm not expert myself. But I got that from a former state coordinator of the Ron Paul campaign and I know he has a lot of experience with the system and party rules. Apparently it's a national rule. They can't take away your right to no-vote. Can you show me a source that proves otherwise?

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Depends on whether they're an overt or a covert operative, of course.

Seriously, though, it is number one a difficult count and number two a definite case of doing the enemy's work for them.

Not to mention the fact that the game isn't over by just being named as a national delegate. There is still a LOT that the party can do to silence RP supporters at or before the convention itself.

Maltheus
05-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Not to mention the fact that the game isn't over by just being named as a national delegate. There is still a LOT that the party can do to silence RP supporters at or before the convention itself.

No doubt they'll try to silence us at the convention, but coyness won't buy us anything once we're there. The whole point is to make a stand at the convention. Our delegates won't matter much the next day. But point taken on what they can do beforehand. I don't trust the Republicans as far as I can throw the Democrats.

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
No doubt they'll try to silence us at the convention, but coyness won't buy us anything once we're there. The whole point is to make a stand at the convention. Our delegates won't matter much the next day. But point taken on what they can do beforehand. I don't trust the Republicans as far as I can throw the Democrats.

Good point. I guess everything is timing. At what point is it too late to silence us, or at least at a point where stealth mode is no longer the effective plan. I'd say that as soon as you are in the building and take your seats, the cloak comes off. :D

It would be cool to have light sticks or laster pointers or something that can show your support when the time is right and people from across the building can see you.

** Edit *** ok, laser pointers may be a bad idea. They may think that there are hundreds of snippers in the building. lol