PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rising ?

itshappening
05-07-2008, 09:00 AM
GOP leaders warn of Election massacre

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10138.html

wonder if they will start paying more attention to RP and why he's so popular ?

also, will this make it harder for RP type Republicans like BJ to get into the Congress, how do they communicate to the voters that they're different and will people just vote Democrat across the board because theyr'e fed up?

Aratus
05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
"THE VIEW" is now writing off poor Hillary!!! three "baba wawa" good guesses why geena davis
ain't now a repeat guest on the show concerning her cancelled show...commander-in-chief!!!

nullvalu
05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
you think? here in indiana the voter turnout was 80% D to 20% R.

Yeah I smell a slaughter coming.

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:09 AM
you think? here in indiana the voter turnout was 80% D to 20% R.

Yeah I smell a slaughter coming.

I think part of that is because there's not much point in voting in the Republican Presidential primary these days, and most people (sadly) don't care about local politics.

We the people seem to have it backwards - we should focus less on national and more on local.

TruthAtLast
05-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Does anyone else get the sense that the GOP can see the cliff in the distance that they are running towards at full speed, as they look around at each other thinking "I don't want to go off this cliff but I've been running in this direction so long that I don't know how to turn or stop."?

georgiaboy
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Does anyone else get the sense that the GOP can see the cliff in the distance that they are running towards at full speed, as they look around at each other thinking "I don't want to go off this cliff but I've been running in this direction so long that I don't know how to turn or stop."?

QFT.

I hope this is one more piece of the perfect storm that provides the catalyst for Ron Paul's nomination as the 2008 candidate come September. It's the only answer as I see it to really salvage November for the presidency -- but if and how the GOP can effectively orchestrate such a coup given their bent away from courageous moves and toward the status quo -- well, you said it best.

If McCain is the nominee, the only Republican winners in November will be those who can distance themselves far enough from him.

This is the best example of Catch-22 I think I've ever seen play out in real life.

slacker921
05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm seriously beginning to think the GOP doesn't want to win in November. They know that the odds of the economy tanking during the next presidency are pretty high and they don't want that to happen on their watch. It's the only thing I can come up with to explain their nominating McCain.. and the only thing I can come up with to explain the Democrats self-destructing by splitting their party. It's almost like a competition to see who can destroy their base the quickest.

It's a game of hot potato.. . imho...

Libertytree
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
The GOP has NEVER wanted, planned or tried to win this election!!! Both parties are ran by the same scum anyway and now it's the Dem's turn to bend "we the people" over a little/alot more. The Repub's that tow the propaganda line and believe in their party are just part of the dog and pony show. They have known from the beginning that the ONLY candidate that could win this election is Ron Paul but he goes against every objective "they" aspire to achieve.

wgadget
05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Ron Paul rising? This seems more like GOP sinking.

humanic
05-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Yep.

acptulsa
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Ron Paul rising? This seems more like GOP sinking.

Ha! So the life boat is only rising by comparison? Dr. Paul--steady as a rock, ready to rise with the tide.

Hot potato? So, neither party wants to win? Yet, neither party wants a third party to win and break the spell. So, they have to screw up worse than the other guys, yet not badly enough to cause the voters to say to hell with them both...

And here we are threatening to make them both look as bad as they are.

Did someone mention a perfect storm?

Libertytree
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
The Dem's can see from the primary results that either of their candidates will trounce any Rep candidate, with the exception of Ron Paul.

The show is set to play out exactly how it was planned.

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 12:46 PM
House Republicans will hold a rally with President Bush on Wednesday morning, with all 199 members invited to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. to show solidarity with the president, according to GOP sources.

Hah, you think Dr. Paul will show up at a Bush rally?

acptulsa
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
The Dem's can see from the primary results that either of their candidates will trounce any Rep candidate, with the exception of Ron Paul.

The show is set to play out exactly how it was planned.

Interestingly, though, the polls do not show what you say the primary results show. Even though we constantly run into Republican hatred in the population at large, they manage to find people to poll who demonstrate that McCain can win. I don't know how they do that. Is there that big a difference between the people who still maintain land lines and the people we canvas and interact with on the 'net? That's the only explanation I can think of.

Libertytree
05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm really speaking of the sheer numbers of voter turnout, D vs R.

Ron Paul's name being affiliated with the Rep's in this case hurts, IMHO.

acptulsa
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm really speaking of the sheer numbers of voter turnout, D vs R.

Ron Paul's name being affiliated with the Rep's in this case hurts, IMHO.

It may. As to turnout, that traditionally drops like a stone during the primary season as soon as the media crowns the "presumptive nominee."

wgadget
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
It may. As to turnout, that traditionally drops like a stone during the primary season as soon as the media crowns the "presumptive nominee."

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/17005

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Game over, man! Game over!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh0qD0aA2bY

Hahahaha. There was a link from Hot Air (Michelle Malkin's blog - I don't read it, but there was a link to a blog post when I searched "GOP" on Google News). Kind of funny that a person in the clip is named "Newt". :D

FindLiberty
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
The GOP is toast - it's payback time! Even Ron Paul couldn't pull them out of the mess they (not RP) have created for themselves. They are done... I'm glad RP used his GOP association to get into the debates and build this RP r3VOLuttion movement, but after the convention, I hope he endorses a 3rd party candidate and that we all follow that same lead (unless RP's moving speech gets him on the ballot after JM is caught orchestrating the murder of the DC madam).

I see this as an opportunity for a third party to gain a large 2nd (or 3rd) place percentage (that could eclipse the GOP in this election or in 2010/2012). LP?

I wish that RP or another perfect candidate could deliver the message of the benefits of Liberty as a solution to our problems (and demonstrate that BO/HC or JM are just more of the same tyranny and foolish NWO policy that's lead us down the path to extreme economic pain). I dread an attack (false flag, or retaliation from another group or country such as Iran), but in the next few years, the biggest threat we face is mostly economic.

Unfortunately, the Dem's will win in November. And unless BO gets caught in the act of eating a dozen or more live babies on HDTV news, he will become POTUS in a 65%/25% landslide! This is exactly the goal of our masters, a life/death battle between the Demolicans and Republicrats where either winner gives us the same old same old. The gov/media won't let a 3rd party advocate a real cure!

A few years from now, the Democrats will be taking the blame/ payback as the cycle repeats, as the state just continues to grow and tries to choke out Liberty.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Author(s) unknown.

wgadget
05-08-2008, 06:45 AM
The GOP is toast - it's payback time! Even Ron Paul couldn't pull them out of the mess they (not RP) have created for themselves. They are done... I'm glad RP used his GOP association to get into the debates and build this RP r3VOLuttion movement, but after the convention, I hope he endorses a 3rd party candidate and that we all follow that same lead (unless RP's moving speech gets him on the ballot after JM is caught orchestrating the murder of the DC madam).

I see this as an opportunity for a third party to gain a large 2nd (or 3rd) place percentage (that could eclipse the GOP in this election or in 2010/2012). LP?

I wish that RP or another perfect candidate could deliver the message of the benefits of Liberty as a solution to our problems (and demonstrate that BO/HC or JM are just more of the same tyranny and foolish NWO policy that's lead us down the path to extreme economic pain). I dread an attack (false flag, or retaliation from another group or country such as Iran), but in the next few years, the biggest threat we face is mostly economic.

Unfortunately, the Dem's will win in November. And unless BO gets caught in the act of eating a dozen or more live babies on HDTV news, he will become POTUS in a 65%/25% landslide! This is exactly the goal of our masters, a life/death battle between the Demolicans and Republicrats where either winner gives us the same old same old. The gov/media won't let a 3rd party advocate a real cure!

A few years from now, the Democrats will be taking the blame/ payback as the cycle repeats, as the state just continues to grow and tries to choke out Liberty.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Author(s) unknown.

The thought occurred to me that with all the rancor in the Democratic Party, as well as the (hidden) rancor in the Republican Party, our best bet as delegates is to do what Ron Paul has always done----Appeal to the the UNITED States via the Constitution message. It's so obvious. This is the message we need to speak of at the state conventions and ultimately to the national convention.

If the GOP wants a chance at winning this , this is the only thing that will work. And John McCain is the wrong man. We know this, and it's up to us to convince everyone else.