PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't anyone standing up for RP's Endorsement?

anaconda
05-07-2008, 03:49 AM
I thought part of the Revolution's goal was to try to change the type of Congress that we have.

Finally, RP endorses a candidate in Virginia, Amit Singh, and the poor guy has a grand total of 160 ten dollar pledges for his upcoming money bomb day.

What the heck? What is everyone thinking? This makes RP look bad. I pledged for this guy running in Virginia and I live in California.

I don't get why no one is responding to RP's official endorsement. Can anyone explain this to me? Seems like the guy should have 10,000 or so $10 dollar pledges AT LEAST..

Luft97
05-07-2008, 04:00 AM
I thought part of the Revolution's goal was to try to change the type of Congress that we have.

Finally, RP endorses a candidate in Virginia, Amit Singh, and the poor guy has a grand total of 160 ten dollar pledges for his upcoming money bomb day.

What the heck? What is everyone thinking? This makes RP look bad. I pledged for this guy running in Virginia and I live in California.

I don't get why no one is responding to RP's official endorsement. Can anyone explain this to me? Seems like the guy should have 10,000 or so $10 dollar pledges AT LEAST..

Maybe cause everyone is tapped out. Do you think the grassroots is some kind of money train?

Conza88
05-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Probably because everyone is buying.... 1000s of Ron Paul's books..
and waking people up left right and centre.. WHICH IS A PART OF THE REVOLUTION...
albeit more important imo.

revolutionman
05-07-2008, 06:01 AM
People feel alienated by election year politics and so they have shifted away from the idea of changing the way things are done this term. The new focus is rallying the troops and gathering support (and maintaining support) for future opportunities.

yongrel
05-07-2008, 06:28 AM
I pledged. I'll be donating.

amy31416
05-07-2008, 06:38 AM
We should be getting just as excited about getting others into Congress--perhaps we need to get the message out a bit better.

I'm pledged and donating as well.

anaconda
05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe cause everyone is tapped out. Do you think the grassroots is some kind of money train?

I can empathize. I rent a room and drive an 18 year old corolla. But if 5% of the people who voted for Dr. Paul so far in the primaries would each give twenty bucks to an Official Ron Paul-Endorsed candidate, that candidate would have a 1 million dollar war chest. I wonder if that would be a formidable amount of campaign funds? (Does anyone have any info. on this? i.e. How much does it cost to buy a U.S. House seat these days?)

I would be thrilled if flipping a twenty out of my wallet would add a Ron Paul Statesman to the U.S. House!!

Bradley in DC
05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
There is a local event here Friday for Amit and Vern (and maybe a guy from MD, not sure).

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I think getting ron paul candidates as mayors across the nation would be easier then going straight for congress. I think after people toss 6 figures at a candidate who then flops out really gets people NOT donating as much if not at all.

The book effort is going on across the nation and is a great method at getting the word out AND allow people to get the complete story versus something we try and explain to them.

I wish it were easier to fill congress up with ron paul candidates as well BUT it really is much harder then we thought.

It is easier to educate new politicians or get people interested who then might run for office using the manifesto and the constitution as a guideline.

We can send the manifesto to all of congress and who knows what will come of that... Taking over from the presidential level or congressional level will be a tall order BUT I do hope people VOTE for ron paul candidates in their area and help to make sure others do as well.

Money is not the only thing that is needed to get votes, I think having the ron paul candidates having a meetup group to allow locals to come and help would make more sense then tossing 6 figures at people who then might give up OR not raise enough to even compete.

Why can't we focus on getting more mayors onboard? they do affect how hundreds of thousands of people live AND can change local laws to be more under the constitution + get the city council under the constitution as well THEN an entire city of people could be WOKEN UP.

We need to get into all areas of politics whether big or small BUT sometimes it makes sense to take a few of the easy wins to build up momentum before trying to get the big wins so early in the game.

If I had millions I would be contributing to efforts to get ron paul candidates elected in as many cities as possible versus getting congressmen and women to be honest. If you can SHOW people what local liberty and living under the constitution is like then people would WANT IT and be willing to vote and even fight for it if need be.

koob
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Ron Paul has also endorsed Linda Goldthorpe for Michigan.

frankly
05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
We can also hope that the 160 will donate more than $10 each.

www.LunchBomb.com

Leslie Demchenko
05-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Education is crucial and so is taking a stand now... i am supporting amit singh, vern mckinley and all the other liberty candidates and donating even the little that i can right now. (besides that odd couple/lunch bomb idea is creative and classic - deserves to be rewarded)

i have a question: anyone seen/created a flyer or pamphlet that succinctly captures the ron paul message?? i'd love to be able to give something simple and educational to people when i am going around canvassing for these liberty candidates in VA.

Athan
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
I'll be tapped out of cash till after June.

Aratus
05-08-2008, 08:48 AM
!!!

dcdreamboat
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
You're tapped out? To the point where you can't even donate the 10 bucks they're asking for?

Damn, and I thought I was poor!

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't see much point of money bombs anymore. The whole point is to get media attention, and that's not really going to happen unless you break a record. Give when you can, don't when you can't.