PDA

View Full Version : RevolutionByMail.com - Discussion Thread

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Project Name: Revolution By Mail

Revolution By Mail Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhzZVFz1lD4) - Done by MRoCkEd, thank you for helping with this effort!

Objective: To get a copy of the manifesto into the hands of each and every delegate first then expand upon this effort to include all branches of government, active military, friends and family and so on.

Current Status: I was waiting for a design to get done BUT feel it is best that we just get it started with a simpler setup as long as it is stable and does the job. What I will be setting up will make this very simple actually. To get the entire idea keep reading.

We are getting a list of all delegates that we need to get the manifesto in the hands of but there was this problem of making sure the books get delivered. We have talked about bulk buying, affiliate program, allowing people to buy and ship whatever copies they want to do BUT have come up with a simple and effective way of confirming they get shipped tracked and that no delegate gets 50 books by accident due to a few people wanting to ship to the same person.

-----------------------------------------------------
The site will consist of the following

1. Online store that has a few options (still being worked on but overall we have the concept down)
a. Buy Copies for Delegates (We will simply go down the list and post the tracking as we ship them out)
b. Buy Copies for Yourself (Great if you simply want to give it to people around you)
c. Buy Copies For A Friend or Loved One ( Buy them and we will ship them pre-stamped and ready to go which will be great for christmas, birthdays and whenever)

2. List of Confirmed Recipients of the Manifesto
This will be listed by state, next to each name will be the tracking link + the first name and state of the person who bought that specific book. This will be great as it will first consist of delegates then we will have a poll on the site as to what other groups would be good to add to the list.

3. Ability for people to submit delegate information, suggestions, get banners, links and videos to promote this effort.
-------------------------------------------------------

Pricing and Costs

From what we can tell $20 to buy, stamp and track each book to each delegate will cover it including any possible paypal fees and so on. With a retail price over that cost I know people will be more then interested in getting a copy bought and shipped to a delegate, to themselves, a friend or loved one.

You never know how much effect the manifesto will have on the many delegates we get it in front of. Who would NOT read a new york times #1 best seller?

Also another thing that is great, once we get to the active military list we can use the priority mailers to ship to apo's as well. We will be able to figure a flat rate to ship the manifesto to each soldier and be able to stick with that price no matter where they are stationed. I think this will be perfect for anyone who knows someone currently serving OR wants to send a care package like the Manifesto.

Imagine all the soldiers who might pick it up, read it, see the stamp that says "pass it on" and then actually follow through. The manifesto will then end up in the hands of so many active military personnel it would be amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Packaging, Shipping, Tracking

This is simple, priority mailers within the u.s. are the same price tracked. We will simply be tossing a copy into a mailer and printing out the shipping label. All tracking will be provided for each book purchase within 24 hours so you can track your "revolutionary mailer" as well as it being posted on the site itself. We will be including a flyer inside the book about the revolution march as well to help with that very important effort as well. Grassroots marketing must begin or we will NOT get the numbers we want.

---------------------------------------------------------

Revolutionary Mailer Top List

This will list a tally of who has bought XXX amount of books and be updated to allow for the grassroots to want to get the total delegate list taken care of. I think building a top 100 list will be best so it will allow for those who will be buying 500 copies as well as those who will only want to buy and ship a few.

----------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS CURRENTLY NEEDED

Design Ideas
Banner Designs
Youtube Videos
Updating Delegate List
Updating List of other branches to possibly send to once delegates have been taken care of
Support
Suggestions
Word of Mouth Marketing
Contacting myspace friends
Emailing friends
Just the overall grassroots support group that we usually provide for important projects like this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will also have the "revolution by mail" stamp for those who already have copies of the manifesto but want to continue this effort. This stamp can be used to stamp copies of the manifesto that you might have or be in possession of. Before you give it back make sure and toss a stamp in it so they can then read it, pass it on, continue the revolution by mail by going to the site and getting MORE copies to then give out to friends, family or send to delegates, active military and so on.

Any more updates will be posted in this specific post so always come back to the first POST for updates.

UPDATE:

We will be posting pictures and videos throughout this entire project as well. I think we will have plenty of pictures of us with stacks of books on their way to their new homes very soon (-;

I wonder how soon it will take for this project to get attention? Think any of the delegates themselves will bring it up to local and or national news? It really could create some great attention for Ron Paul.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Yo da man!!

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 01:19 AM
I also am going to buy 10 every 3 months and get them shipped out just for my effort on this as well. I would be able to ship out 40 a year without breaking the bank. The reason I am so behind this effort is because I have read and listened to it and it is by far the EASIEST way to get the message of personal liberty across.

This takes the whole "selling a presidential candidate" out of the equation and just turns it into "read this book about foreign policy" which will allow people to possibly become more open minded to RON PAUL (oohhhh lol) and realize that he really is not crazy and is actually a damn smart man who really needs to be listened to.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 01:24 AM
List of the total people is paramount..
when you click their name.. it goes to their address, and info etc with a photo.. bio details??
Info of where to send it... (as the person buying is probs in the state.. or town, they cld hand deliver it)

When purchased.. for, or notified (maybe the ppl shld have to provide a tracking code they got from amazon... or something of the like as proof, before the person is crossed off the list.) = I see a few trolls saying they bought copies and sent, but never did... THAT is something to watch out for.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 01:31 AM
For someone to be marked as shipped tracking would need to be provided of course. Addresses and information for congressmen and so on would not be a problem, once we get through all of the congress however the site will then adapt to allow for more groups to send the books to as well.

If it is a local delivery then I think there should be an option to say "shipped" but not "Tracked" so it can't be confirmed. Maybe a "possibly shipped" option.

We will get to that bridge soon enough, right now I hope we can locate someone who likes this idea and can throw an amazing design together and then someone who can code who would do this to help the effort.

There will always be trolls but the good thing about this is I will be checking the tracking information before it gets inputted as shipped from the admin side of things. If a troll wants to waste their time and mine then GREAT, maybe they will end up buying a copy to see what all the fuss is about.

when you click their name.. it goes to their address, and info etc with a photo.. bio details??
Info of where to send it... (as the person buying is probs in the state.. or town, they cld hand deliver it)

When purchased.. for, or notified (maybe the ppl shld have to provide a tracking code they got from amazon... or something of the like as proof, before the person is crossed off the list.) = I see a few trolls saying they bought copies and sent, but never did... THAT is something to watch out for.

Fields
05-07-2008, 01:32 AM

+1

Ease of understanding what has been done and needs to be done.

Austin
05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Does anyone know if the USPS provides tracking information on First Class Mail? It's only $3 to ship using this method. If not, Priority Mail is only $4.60.

Edit: I just checked the FAQ and it appears that only Express Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, and Express Mail International can be tracked using USPS. Express Mail costs more than the book, so that's out the window. It would appear that FedEx/UPS would be a much better option. I'll do some more calculations to see which service is best.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 01:40 AM
I think the priority mailers would be the easiest, I can have the link to the usps online store where it allows you to order some of the mailers 100% free that you can use.

Maybe on the site it can just hook up with the paypal shipping or the usps site to allow for people to either print postage right there or order a package of priority mailers which are $4.60 no matter the weight and would be perfect for that book.

Austin
05-07-2008, 01:49 AM
USPS doesn't provide tracking for Priority Mail, and the tracking it does provide costs almost 20 dollars to ship.

UPS Ground: ~7USD
FedEx Ground: ~6USD

If we can take advantage of the regional distributors of the book, we can have each book bought and shipped for just under $20 USD.

What do you guys think about working cooperatively with the campaign to get signed books for this purpose?

Austin
05-07-2008, 02:00 AM
For the web site, what kind of system are we looking to have here? Do we want a login system where you can keep track of how many people you liberated, or will it be less interactive.. If it all possible, I think the interactive side would be much more exciting and would likely produce better results by encouraging competition and whatnot.

Also, what do you think of the separate sub-domains for each state, considering the massive amounts of politicians when the operation is taken to local level. Actually, sub-domains might not be needed to accomplish what I'm aiming for. An interactive US Map would do just fine.

At Phase 1 (Congress), we could feature a large map of the US. From there, you click on your state, which will bring up a larger map of just your state. Clicking on your county would then provide information on your Congressional District and whether or not someone has adopted your Congressman and/or Senator. As we move on to Phase 2 (State House/Senate) a similar approach could be taken. I would think such a system would be largely built on flash.

Above each map would include stats pertaining to the current display. So, when the overall map is displayed, it would say something like:
212 Pledged -- 196 Delivered -- 323 Still Awaiting Adoption! Along with a status bar visualizing the current accomplishments. Then, when you click on your state, it would show the amounts for your state, then your county, etc.

Other ideas?

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:06 AM
On the priority mailers, I used them and printed my own online tracking for $4.60 all day long and that can get emailed to someone WHICH could actually be something like tracking@revolutionbymail.com as a way to verify the tracking as well.

Now on the site, it depends on who we can locate to code the thing. If that person can put all the added features that would make this amazing then great BUT if someone can simply get a bare bones site together BUT it works then we can start there.

No matter what, if we are moving in the right direction then that is progress. All we need now is a design and a coder and we will be one step closer.

I like the ability to click through the maps and locate the people as well. If that could be possible and done within a short time period then odds are it would help generate even more excitement around this effort.

I like having a "bought and shipped" toplist as well to help build a little competition for people who want to be in the top 10 of most books shipped. I do also agree it should be able to be seen within your own members section.

It just all depends on who can code it and how indepth that coding effort will be. I think someone will pop up soon enough and be able to kick this idea out no problem, now where is that person....... lol

Austin
05-07-2008, 02:12 AM
On the priority mailers, I used them and printed my own online tracking for $4.60 all day long and that can get emailed to someone WHICH could actually be something like tracking@revolutionbymail.com as a way to verify the tracking as well.

Now on the site, it depends on who we can locate to code the thing. If that person can put all the added features that would make this amazing then great BUT if someone can simply get a bare bones site together BUT it works then we can start there.

No matter what, if we are moving in the right direction then that is progress. All we need now is a design and a coder and we will be one step closer.

I like the ability to click through the maps and locate the people as well. If that could be possible and done within a short time period then odds are it would help generate even more excitement around this effort.

I like having a "bought and shipped" toplist as well to help build a little competition for people who want to be in the top 10 of most books shipped. I do also agree it should be able to be seen within your own members section.

It just all depends on who can code it and how indepth that coding effort will be. I think someone will pop up soon enough and be able to kick this idea out no problem, now where is that person....... lol

Well, depending on how much homework I have in the coming days, I may just be able to get started a pretty decent site. As I said, I don't have much experience with PHP, XML, etc. so I won't be able to ranking and some other features. However, I will be able to get something up that looks nice and provides basic functionality when it comes to just members of congress. Then, as we pick up more momentum, someone will have surely come by to do the full fledged project. I will be back here tomorrow with a better idea of how much time I will have.

Also, the USPS FAQ (http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view()=c{04b24690-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}) states that Priority Mail cannot be tracked, so we will have to use FedEx/UPS.

Regular mail, such as First Class Mail or Priority Mail cannot be tracked

Conza88
05-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Suggestion: Make an epic post (informative, what we've got so far) blah etc. over at DailyPaul and keep both up to scratch there and hear.. Best to try from all over the shop, when looking for people to help out.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Suggestion: Make an epic post (informative, what we've got so far) blah etc. over at DailyPaul and keep both up to scratch there and hear.. Best to try from all over the shop, when looking for people to help out.

Very good point. I do want to see if we can get some people together right from here and then by tomorrow I can get something together and post at the various paul posts online and then odds are it will take off from there.

I see this doing very well and even if we start with a minimized design or not would not matter as long as it is functional and does what we need it to do.

Anyone know a designer or coder? shoot them this link so they can see if this is something they might want to help with.

Keep the ideas coming everyone, the grassroots efforts can do amazing things when it wants to.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Well, depending on how much homework I have in the coming days, I may just be able to get started a pretty decent site. As I said, I don't have much experience with PHP, XML, etc. so I won't be able to ranking and some other features. However, I will be able to get something up that looks nice and provides basic functionality when it comes to just members of congress. Then, as we pick up more momentum, someone will have surely come by to do the full fledged project. I will be back here tomorrow with a better idea of how much time I will have.

Also, the USPS FAQ (http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view()=c{04b24690-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}) states that Priority Mail cannot be tracked, so we will have to use FedEx/UPS.

We have to be talking about two separate things then. I ship priority mailers tracked through the online click n ship on a daily basis. It comes with online tracking that allows for the input of the number and see the progress of the package.

I think if it is not through the click n ship then maybe tracking isn't possible.... Either way, shipping will be paid for by whoever ships the book. As long as it gets tracked then it can get counted. If they want to send books without tracking then GREAT, it just won't get counted for obvious reasons.

Razmear
05-07-2008, 02:28 AM
I've got the first HTML stub up for the project at:

http://rp4.us/senate.htm

I'm not sure who has already done what, but seeing how so many projects here recently have 'died in committee' I'm just gonna start coding and see what happens.

I'm testing on the Senate and once I get this side down I'll work on The House (over 5 times the work). I'm live editing the page now, so it's still pretty ugly and no buttons for flagging who is pledged or mailed are up yet.

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:33 AM
this project will continue, too many people want to mail the books due to this being something that makes sense.

Even if we can't get a coder (I think someone will jump onboard a.s.a.p.) we could still have the site up listing the various congress, senate and so forth as well as the option for people to check if they sent the book or not. It could be very basic and still be effective.

I do hope we can locate an amazing designer and coder to get this idea into an amazing platform simply because it would really allow for more and more growth.

Imagine the book being #1 on all lists due to this effort and since it would always continue Ron Paul's books will always be in the top 10 lists.

Whether people want to hear us we will still get the message out. Soon enough they will realize why we are fighting so hard for this and then JOIN US.

Razmear
05-07-2008, 02:47 AM
US House list is up at:

http://rp4.us/house.htm

The source file I used didn't have district info, if i find a better one I'll use that.

eb

Austin
05-07-2008, 02:53 AM
US House list is up at:

The source file I used didn't have district info, if i find a better one I'll use that.

eb

Excellent. How about adding a simple color scheme to show the status of the Reps and Senators?

Green - Available
Blue - Adopted
Gold - Delivered

You can mark down Mark Souder of Indiana as Adopted, I can't wait to send him a book.

Razmear
05-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Excellent. How about adding a simple color scheme to show the status of the Reps and Senators?

Green - Available
Blue - Adopted
Gold - Delivered

You can mark down Mark Souder of Indiana as Adopted, I can't wait to send him a book.

Yip, thats the next phase, only been working on this for less than an hour so far.

The notification process is what will be the tricky part so I can know who is Pledged and who is Mailed.

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:57 AM
US House list is up at:

eb

great stuff

Razmear
05-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Posted to the front of RP4.US as well :D

Razmear
05-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Just submitted to Digg:

http://digg.com/politics/Mailing_List_for_A_Manifesto

I had to use my root directory for the name as RP4.US was blocked by the bury brigade.

eb

USAFCapt
05-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I'll send one to Alan Boyd, D, our congressman in the panhandle of Florida. Are we going to have a checklist encompassing all congressmen?

Theocrat
05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
We have an amazing idea that will allow us to get the manifesto shipped to everyone in congress to start with and then expand on that once that first goal has been met.

Here is our current status and where YOU can come in.

We have a great name "Revolution by Mail" and the domain name revolutionbymail.com

The site itself will promote "independent efforts" because it will be up to the person to buy and ship their copies and then come back and enter the tracking information for it to be counted as shipped.

There will not be a need to not ship a book once you signed up to do so because it would not delete the person from the list UNTIL it was confirmed as shipped in the first place.

We have thought about doing this as a bulk buy BUT in the end it will be cheaper if independent people simply buy and ship as many copies as they want.

What we need help with to make this effort get off the ground. - Thjs will get edited below as things get done

1. Web Designer - We need a quality web design including banners, text ads, youtube videos and anything else that could be done

2. Script to run the site - If you can code then contact me as to what all needs to be done. The script idea itself is pretty basic with only a few specific functions needed.

We currently have the following

1. Web Host (I am providing that)
2. Domain Name (revolutionbymail.com I bought already)
3. Daily Administration (I do this for a living and will be happy to run this site anyways)

We need a design and script done and then we can get things moving.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I have my doubts. After all, our politicians on Capitol Hill have heard Congressman Paul speak many times on most, if not all, of the truths propounded in his Manifesto, yet they still have not changed the way they do business as usual in office. I'm curious as to how you think giving each of our lawmakers a copy of Dr. Paul's book will remedy their excesses of power, ignorance of our Constitution, and failure to engineer common sense and wise policies for our nation. If they will not heed Congressman Paul's words on the floors of Congress, then why would they read his writings in a book?

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Why not put your doubts in a thread that is about complaining? We are trying to ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING HERE. I think in the 4 threads about this topic there are always 2-3 people who come in just to write how we should not even try this. What kind of defeatist attitudes are in here? If you have read the book then you odds are know that it COULD impact a congressman no matter how hard headed they think they are. While at home in their own study, they might crack the book open and read it since no one else is looking. You just never know and even if they throw it out, later on when the collapse of our economy does happen they can remember when they threw away the ANSWER.

Back on subject,

We need a design concept and a coder to get the site together. If anyone can locate a coder or have thoughts on a design idea then post that information here. I posted a thread in the project help section in these forums as well. Hopefully a coder or designer will see it and come help out.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I have my doubts. After all, our politicians on Capitol Hill have heard Congressman Paul speak many times on most, if not all, of the truths propounded in his Manifesto, yet they still have not changed the way they do business as usual in office. I'm curious as to how you think giving each of our lawmakers a copy of Dr. Paul's book will remedy their excesses of power, ignorance of our Constitution, and failure to engineer common sense and wise policies for our nation. If they will not heed Congressman Paul's words on the floors of Congress, then why would they read his writings in a book?

Theocrat
05-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Why not put your doubts in a thread that is about complaining? We are trying to ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING HERE. I think in the 4 threads about this topic there are always 2-3 people who come in just to write how we should not even try this. What kind of defeatist attitudes are in here? If you have read the book then you odds are know that it COULD impact a congressman no matter how hard headed they think they are. While at home in their own study, they might crack the book open and read it since no one else is looking. You just never know and even if they throw it out, later on when the collapse of our economy does happen they can remember when they threw away the ANSWER.

First of all, you need to calm down. I only asked those questions in the purpose of knowing the intent and expectations of those participating in this "Revolution By Mail" campaign. You've given some good reasons for why this needs to be done, and that's all I wanted to know. I'm not being a "defeatist" by asking critical questions, but I applaud your efforts in bringing Dr. Paul's message to our members of Congress in a fresh and inspiring way. God's speed to you.

DFF
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Here's a map of U.S. Congressional Districts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_Congressional_Districts_color.svg). To enlarge it, double click the map. Once you've determined which district you reside in, scroll down this state by state list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_congressional_districts) to see who represents you.

EDIT: And here's the list of U.S. Senators (http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm).

+ Website + ChipIn = :)

MRoCkEd
05-07-2008, 01:31 PM
nice nice..
let's get this show on the road
as soon as the domain is purchased, someone designs it, the plan is in order -
i will sign right up to buy my copies

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
this same exact question is posted multiple times throughout this entire discussion and in multiple threads about this subject. No need to calm down since I am not mad lol, you can look through the threads to find responses just like yours sprinkled throughout and yes the thought of congress NOT reading the book is a common one BUT no reason to stop the effort.

I just don't get why people need to waste time to post the obvious draw backs instead of posting positive help and ideas to further this effort.

First of all, you need to calm down. I only asked those questions in the purpose of knowing the intent and expectations of those participating in this "Revolution By Mail" campaign. You've given some good reasons for why this needs to be done, and that's all I wanted to know. I'm not being a "defeatist" by asking critical questions, but I applaud your efforts in bringing Dr. Paul's message to our members of Congress in a fresh and inspiring way. God's speed to you.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
nice nice..
let's get this show on the road
as soon as the domain is purchased, someone designs it, the plan is in order -
i will sign right up to buy my copies

Domain is already bought

RevolutionByMail.com

We do need a design + script and we will be ready to go.

I will be buying and shipping 10 books every 3 months as well, I think there is at least 50+ books being bought and shipped just from the few who wants to help with this effort. I am pretty sure that once this site gets launched that there will be thousands of people across the world buying and shipping the manifesto to congress and beyond.

Any design ideas? Should we do a design contest?

Any thoughts on the simplest script as well as a more detailed script?

We will be starting with congress alone, once that goal is reached we can add more features to the site as well.

Let's get this thing started so design + script = Revolutionbymail.com is ready to go

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Do people think sending the first batch to delegates makes more sense then sending to congress? That is the general feedback so far, if you have thoughts on it post it here since this is the thread discussing the mass book sending effort we are all wanting to get going.

I like the idea of getting them sent to delegates first as well. It could be a great effort to get done before November anyways. How soon could we get the script and design up as well as get the list of delegates together for the site?

I am ready to manage the site and keep things moving for the day to day but we do need a script + design to get to that level.

Our first efforts can be to get as many people to buy, ship and submit tracking for every delegate before (what date should be posted).

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
USPS doesn't provide tracking for Priority Mail, and the tracking it does provide costs almost 20 dollars to ship.

U

Use Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Or a flat rate Priority Mail, where Delivery Confirmation is free.

https://mailtracking.usps.com/mtr/resources/deliveryConfirmation/deliveryConfLaunch.pge

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I think if it is not through the click n ship then maybe tracking isn't possible.... Either way, shipping will be paid for by whoever ships the book. As long as it gets tracked then it can get counted. If they want to send books without tracking then GREAT, it just won't get counted for obvious reasons.

I do not use ship-n-click and I can go to USPS.com and track a package with delivery confirmation.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
thats what I thought as well, I didn't really want to argue the topic though but yes I get tracking info on all priority mailers I send out at $4.60 per item as well.

It would be a flat $4.60 to ship the book tracked for everyone and they can order those mailers and get them delivered to their door 100% free from usps online store as well.

Pretty much it would take someone under $20 to buy and ship tracked a book to someone on the list and help this revolution take even more shape.

The revolution by mail has begun

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM

They've written that in a confusing manner, but it isn't true. Priority Mail can be tracked if you use delivery confirmation, which is free.

Deborah K
05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
This is awesome!!

angelatc
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
thats what I thought as well, I didn't really want to argue the topic though but yes I get tracking info on all priority mailers I send out at $4.60 per item as well.

I've shipped 1500 hundred eBay packages. I've got the USPS site practically memorized. :D

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I need to get a list of sites that sell the manifesto as well. I want to be able to offer many places both big and small to buy the book from. Anyone know of a site or two that offer the book for sale pm me the link.

This site is getting closer and closer to getting finalized, well there is some more to deal with like the design + script BUT once that gets done with I see this project going from 0-120 in no time.

Deborah K
05-07-2008, 09:18 PM
A suggestion: Put a note in with the book that states: "You are the 545th delegate to receive this book." Let them know somehow that the books are being sent out to everyone in congress and every delegate. It might have more of an impact on them.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
We are hoping to keep it independent so it won't be known as a big "Effort to one group" but rather a person to person mailing that MIGHT just MIGHT get the person to read it....

Many want to write a personal note to them while others just want to toss the revolutionbymail.com url on the blank page.

I think that if it was put together as a mass effort it might not have the same impact as it will have if each package and note is different. Keep em guessing....

Also any thoughts on how to get them to pass it on? People have been writing about doing something like

"Once you are done with this book please give it to a close friend to read and discuss with"

to possibly get them to then pass it on to the next person. Delegates might do it, congressmen might do it but odds are we wouldn't want to put anything about them or their name in the book so they can pass it on without it being listed as theirs.

There are so many things that could be written or not written in or on the book really. Whatever ideas the grassroots decides will odds are be the best one to use.

Keep the thoughts flowing.

Ninja Homer
05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Do people think sending the first batch to delegates makes more sense then sending to congress? That is the general feedback so far, if you have thoughts on it post it here since this is the thread discussing the mass book sending effort we are all wanting to get going.

I like the idea of getting them sent to delegates first as well. It could be a great effort to get done before November anyways. How soon could we get the script and design up as well as get the list of delegates together for the site?

I am ready to manage the site and keep things moving for the day to day but we do need a script + design to get to that level.

Our first efforts can be to get as many people to buy, ship and submit tracking for every delegate before (what date should be posted).

We won't know who most of the delegates are for quite a while. I think the best way to handle it would be to add all the congressmen first, then add delegates as you find out who they are.

In the database, you have a field for what they are, such as senator, representative, delegate, etc. Then you give delegates top priority, so when they are added, they automatically go to the top of the list.

I have some more input for you on this project but have to do something else atm. I'll be back.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
We won't know who most of the delegates are for quite a while. I think the best way to handle it would be to add all the congressmen first, then add delegates as you find out who they are.

In the database, you have a field for what they are, such as senator, representative, delegate, etc. Then you give delegates top priority, so when they are added, they automatically go to the top of the list.

I have some more input for you on this project but have to do something else atm. I'll be back.

great thoughts, happy to hear more of course. Anything to help make this project go together better is something I am very interested in as are many others here I'm sure.

Good point on the delegate thing but yes maybe an "immediate" list that people can see on the first page and then send their book to those first might work.

Odds are more thoughts and ideas will come together especially once a coder and designer are onboard.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
A suggestion: Put a note in with the book that states: "You are the 545th delegate to receive this book." Let them know somehow that the books are being sent out to everyone in congress and every delegate. It might have more of an impact on them.

Might kill that he can't win mentality.. if they think everyone else has it, they'll be more likely to go along.:)

Razmear
05-08-2008, 01:41 AM
If anyone has already sent a copy of the book to a congresscritter, or has pledged to do so, please send me a PM with the congresspersons name, if they are a senator or house member, and state and I'll mark it off on the list at http://RP4.US that should get me caught up and I'll work on plugging in a notification system into the existing website.

I plan on making it look a lot better than it is, what you see now is just about an hours work, but it might take me a few days to get everything set up. For those looking for a list of booksellers, they are also on the pages.

If you have an existing domain name that you want to point to the site, you can direct it to:
http://razmear.us/sclp/book.htm (this might move to it's own subdirectory)

If anyone else is working on the same project and is further along than I am, then let me know so I can spend my time on other projects.

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I will get the links and post them once the website is designed and scripted. I do want to offer people options on places to buy the book.

I know someone is working on a delegate list but not sure if anyone is working on the house or senate at the moment.

I hope everyone comes into this one thread to discuss it if possible BUT grassroots is grassroots (-; we tend to be everywhere all at once.

If I can't get a coder to do a backend then I will keep it simple SO anyone have a design idea?

I am thinking something to do with a letter, mail, post office and then revolution... I see a blue post office box in the logo for some reason. Any design concept ideas would be appreciated.

The sooner we can get the site up the faster people will want to get to the site and participate in this effort.

We need an active list that will get put on the revolutionbymail.com website itself so then people can always look there for the current list. I will be verifying the tracking as they get sent in anyways each day SO it will stay up to date on a daily basis.

Anyone want to throw some header design ideas together?

RevolutionByMail.com - Any catchy slogan can go here

If anyone has already sent a copy of the book to a congresscritter, or has pledged to do so, please send me a PM with the congresspersons name, if they are a senator or house member, and state and I'll mark it off on the list at http://RP4.US that should get me caught up and I'll work on plugging in a notification system into the existing website.

I plan on making it look a lot better than it is, what you see now is just about an hours work, but it might take me a few days to get everything set up. For those looking for a list of booksellers, they are also on the pages.

If you have an existing domain name that you want to point to the site, you can direct it to:

If anyone else is working on the same project and is further along than I am, then let me know so I can spend my time on other projects.

eb

The Avatar of Time
05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Hello,

I intend to ship at least a couple books. I am not blessed with an abundance of money, so I will not be able to do much. However, I will have a little money in a week or two and I am sure I could get a couple shipped out then. I have not even managed to get myself a copy yet, it will have to wait a week or so too. A couple books at a time, a couple times per year, is about the best I can do. Unless of course money starts to be worth something again, then I could get a couple hundred easy.........

For the sake of the best sellers lists, where do you recommend that I buy them from? I suppose that that won't be clear until the time comes? I was under the impression that we were shooting for Barnes & Noble?

Do you think that we should buy several similar domain names and have them all point to the site, such as the other couple that were originally suggested? I don't know if that would be a waste of time/money, or if it would help.

Perhaps the MSM should get a few copies too, to remind them that 'that crazy guy' is actually still running, and that perhaps he should be included in some of their polls and results and what not. :) I mean seriously, how can you ignore a candidate that is running for President, especially when he is one of two?

On a lighter note, if this book idea doesn't get the politicians attention, perhaps we could send them little mirrors with 'THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE COUNTRY' etched on the top :rolleyes: . That way in the event that some of them are too dumb to read we can still make a point!

Razmear
05-08-2008, 02:11 AM
I will get the links and post them once the website is designed and scripted. I do want to offer people options on places to buy the book.

I know someone is working on a delegate list but not sure if anyone is working on the house or senate at the moment.

I've updated the front page of the site with the 3 online sellers that I know of that sell the book at a good price, BooksAmillion is the only one with copies still in stock, Amazon and Buy.com are currently sold out.

A complete list of House and Senate members mailing addresses is on the site.

Once I get the hard part done, basically the back end part that will make it easier for people to pledge a congressperson and have it show on the site in near realtime, then I'll work on putting it in a PHP frameset and making it pretty.

The sandbox for the current work is at http://razmear.us/sclp/book.htm and I'll probably move it once all the pieces are done.

eb

Austin
05-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Razmear, I am working on a design, but I will be very limited for the next few days. Friday afternoon would be the best time for us to discuss the design and implementation of the site features.

Also, I think a decent slogan is the one I have been using in my signature. Perhaps another word could be exchanged with 'Politician' but I like the concept of "Delivering Liberty" because it ties in with the whole mail theme.

Havax
05-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Send to all the adopted delegates first, perhaps some note of indication that they are free to vote however they please at the convention (abstaining including), and the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I love watching the rEVOLution in action. :D

angelatc
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
I've updated the front page of the site with the 3 online sellers that I know of that sell the book at a good price, BooksAmillion is the only one with copies still in stock, Amazon and Buy.com are currently sold out.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com//e/9780446537513 - looks like they're still showing it in stock too.

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Send to all the adopted delegates first, perhaps some note of indication that they are free to vote however they please at the convention (abstaining including), and the lesser of two evils is still evil.

great thought, maybe on the site itself I will put "possible comments to write" next to the delegate section, then after that the congress, senate and so on.

Any great slogans or words to possibly write to a delegate?

Maybe state something just like you said but in different variations?

great idea.

Mahkato
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM

QFT. Ron works with these people every day. If there were any people he thought might benefit, he'd give them a copy.

Focus on lower offices first, I say. Get 'em while they're young and impressionable. Tomorrow's presidential candidates and U.S. congressmen are today's state senators.

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I am thinking of the simplest method of getting this site up and here they are. Any thoughts would be appreciated, now I wish a coder would step up and do an amazing backend with features up the wazoo BUT that isn't happening YET so,

I think a design with a postal theme would be great blended with the manifesto itself. To keep things simple it could just have the map of the u.s. where each state is clickable.

On each states page will be ANY known delegates as well as any OTHERS like senate, congress and so on. The delegates would be listed first until they have all received a book however as it was brought up to me, some will not be known for sometime SO we need to keep the effort moving so senators or congress will be shown in states where no delegates are known BUT we will have a vote as to what should be listed in the meantime until a delegate for that state(s) are able to be posted.

Now to keep things VERY simple and no scripting needed it can be as simple as having a link next to each delegates name that says "submit tracking information".

It would take them to a simple form on a page that asks for the name address and tracking of the person they shipped the book to.

All I would have to do is check the mail for the forms being submitted and check the tracking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If we go this route then all I need is a design of the following and I think someone MIGHT stepup for this one.

1. index page - stock links about us, contact and then the map in the middle and linking banners and so on
2. tracking submission page - allow people to submit their tracking so their shipment will get counted
3. candidate inclusion page - a form that allows people to submit NEW people who should be included on the site. This will be a database that will get built and then the different people will go into their groups ie senate, congress, military, mayor and so forth.

I think 3 templated pages will get this project going and I can put the rest together SO anyone out there willing to do 3 pages for a great cause CONTACT ME or post your ideas here.

Conza88
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I am thinking of the simplest method of getting this site up and here they are. Any thoughts would be appreciated, now I wish a coder would step up and do an amazing backend with features up the wazoo BUT that isn't happening YET so

If they don't come to you, you've got to go to them.
Start contacting people with sites.. ronpaulradio.com, rpiradio.com for starters (maybe nonserviam could help out).. or mdh, lol. Send Trevor an email? lol. State your case well, the idea, why etc. They probably haven't heard of it yet.. make a good pitch.

Try find a dang coder :) If they want to help, let them. :D
Maybe contact lew rockwell?

Or we could get Bill Gates to a page.. but it'd probably fail. ;)

newyearsrevolution08
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Any help would be appreciated, I have sent trevor plenty of emails over this entire ron paul experience. From the blimp and other efforts I would rather keep this 100% grassroots minus any "money making" schemes..

Not really trying to sell the idea but I think more and more people are onboard and will HELP get the word out about this idea.

Odds are someone knows most of the admins of those sites and can call them up if wanted. I think a stickied topic plus the threads about it will help.

I would rather the site get started NOW and become effective rather then waiting for a coder who may or may not finish it. I have had issues with coders and completion dates before.

A simple design + interface is better the none imho AND could be expanded upon as more and more people get on board.

I think once the project starts moving more of the elite rp supporters will get their connections involved in it OR help in other ways I'm sure.

What are others thoughts on the simple design vs. feature rich?

If they don't come to you, you've got to go to them.
Start contacting people with sites.. ronpaulradio.com, rpiradio.com for starters (maybe nonserviam could help out).. or mdh, lol. Send Trevor an email? lol. State your case well, the idea, why etc. They probably haven't heard of it yet.. make a good pitch.

Try find a dang coder :) If they want to help, let them. :D
Maybe contact lew rockwell?

Or we could get Bill Gates to a page.. but it'd probably fail. ;)

newyearsrevolution08
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
----

OK there are a couple people who are working on a design or two, anyone who would like to toss a revolution by mail design idea at us GO FOR IT! lol

I am thinking the "kiss" method will be best for this effort to get it started. I am ordering my 10 books NOW so I can get them ready, the tracking submission will be simple and all I would need to do is put a tally of confirmed shipped versus total number for those who like to "track progress".

If a site design doesn't present itself by Monday then I will do a design myself and get the site 100% setup THEN if someone wants to do a "Better" design then they can contact me and we can work on it then.

I feel this revolution by mail needs to get started WHILE Ron's book is doing well EVERYWHERE to allow for more books to be bought and given across the nation. It could really spread like wildfire which I really hope happens.

SO anyone working on a design, get it back by Monday so we can get the site together. If you can't get it done by then just contact me and let me know you are working on a design and when you are done we can put it to a vote or something in here.

I think it is great to keep the grassroots efforts alive and kicking especially once this election ends. There needs to be projects like this already established so people can continue efforts that will continue providing results.

Just imagine if we keep the "revolution by mail" going for the next 4 years. Imagine who might be running for office by then. I think if this book is getting bought and shipped daily across the world that we will have a very high chance at getting candidates into congress, senate and presidential.

knowledge is power or at least thats what they say SO lets give people something that will actually TEACH them something.

Anyone have a logo idea?
Header design?
Banner idea?
Slogan?
YouTube Video?

There are plenty of things volunteers can do IF they want to participate in this effort. Contact me if you want to help with something.

Also make sure and post how many books you will be willing to buy and ship tracked to delegates ONCE the site is setup. I think it does show people how fast this project will take off.

For instance I will be shipping 10 books every 3 months once it gets setup. I know others who said they will buy 10 books and ship them tracked to participate and others saying 5 books here and there.

What I want to do is have something stamped or written on the inside that says something along the lines of

"Once you have read this book give it to a close friend to read and discuss it with"

Something that says, "HEY you are not done yet, you now need to pass it on!"

This will allow this revolution by mail to then continue into a word of mouth pass it on style that could THEN get shipped to someone listed ON revolutionbymail.com since that will also be in the stamp or text on the inside of the book.

I know people who will get very involved in this effort and will want a stamp for their books when they mail them so I am trying to locate a cheap pre inked stamp to offer on the site for cost OR link to companies that will produce the stamps and ship to whoever might want them.

We need to have something in ALL THESE BOOKS that has the potential to continue the effort by showing the person that "hey you now need to give it to someone else" and odds are many would just to see what their friends think about it.

Any thoughts on the stamp text let me know or post that information here as well.

So the site itself will have an introduction paragraph that will have things like
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What brought you here?

Odds are it was a stamp or something written in a book with this websites link on it OR maybe a good friend or loved one told you about the Revolution By Mail effort that has started.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something that will first welcome those who saw the stamp in the books inside cover or the url written somewhere in it. After that would then talk about what the "Revolution by Mail" project is all about as well as what they can do to continue it.

Since many of the people who will end up back on the site are those who were sent books (friends, family, delegates, senators) they now have the ability to THEN get it tracked and shipped to someone else on the list OR they can just ship it to someone else who then might come to the site and continue shipping tracked to those on the Revolution By Mail list.

This is a great style because it will allow for "recycling" the books and shipping them AFTER a person has read them to make sure and keep things moving. Odds are those who have shipped their own copy would then buy 5,10 or 20 more to then continue this effort or hand them out for christmas presents and so on.

If we can get the revolution by mail moving I think the manifesto will be on the top 1-3 for years to come.

newyearsrevolution08
05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Update Made on First Post - Here is the link

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1441171&postcount=1

MRoCkEd
05-09-2008, 02:31 PM
i guess that stamp idea is pretty good
we can leave this in waiting rooms too

newyearsrevolution08
05-09-2008, 02:36 PM
It is also good for anyone who already has a few copies and want to participate. They can mail the copies they already have and either write in the text or buy the stamp.

I am getting a few online stamp sites to allow people the options to choose between stores. Another great thing is that people can send in their "stamp idea" and we will post those on the site as possible "stamp text" if people want something different from the standard one I will be doing.

Also the stamps would do good in libraries where we get the manifesto placed. It really could help get the manifesto circulating more then warez online lol.

withallmyheart
05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Krippy, I love your signature!
Revolution By Mail -- Delivering Liberty, One Politician at a Time
Excellent.

MRoCkEd
05-09-2008, 06:17 PM
anyone have any designing abilities? someone step forward if you do :)

Razmear
05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
anyone have any designing abilities? someone step forward if you do :)

I've got a page up at:
http://razmear.us/sclp/book.htm
That has links to online sellers and a complete list of all the senators and reps mailing addresses.

It is also the top blog post at http://rp4.us

I thought I'd have more of it done by now, but had to do some work on the Jeep that took away time from the web stuff. If your just looking for a simple 3 page site, you can point your domain name towards that page until someone else makes a fancy site for you.
If no one else steps forward, then I'll do some more work on the site and give it it's own root directory and domain name.

eb

Conza88
05-10-2008, 01:51 AM
I've got a page up at:
That has links to online sellers and a complete list of all the senators and reps mailing addresses.

I thought I'd have more of it done by now, but had to do some work on the Jeep that took away time from the web stuff. If your just looking for a simple 3 page site, you can point your domain name towards that page until someone else makes a fancy site for you.
If no one else steps forward, then I'll do some more work on the site and give it it's own root directory and domain name.

eb

I would suggest, someplace where the purchaser can get recognition. On the Senate list and House list.

Bought by ___ from ____, + whatever.

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 02:11 AM
It's alright, I will get a site design done if no one steps up by Monday. I want to get the site done right but I know I can do a simple version that will accomplish the main goal but also allow for other additions like the stamp and so on.

The "Revolution By Mail" project needs a cool site setup with a header and so on so I will see what can be done. I know there are still a couple people possibly doing a design or two BUT either way we will see soon enough.

I think setting up the tracking submission and everything would be a great idea as well so I will get that setup in the design itself.

I've got a page up at:

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 02:14 AM
I would suggest, someplace where the purchaser can get recognition. On the Senate list and House list.

Bought by ___ from ____, + whatever.

I am actually going to have a running list for those who WANT to list their information or not. I think plenty would like to be in the top 100 revolutionary shippers or whatever it might end up being.

Another thing that was brought up as well was for a person to have the ability to have the note they wrote posted next to their "tracked shipment".

There will always be things added but I think the first thing that needs to happen is to get it UP and RUNNING even if it is somewhat barebones for now.

kathy88
05-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Are we going to include Democratic Delegates?

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 06:18 AM
I would want to get through all republican delegates before we even look into any other group especially if it is outside of the main party Ron Paul is running for.

What are your thoughts or reasoning in sending them the book? Just overall awareness or a specific reason for November as well?

Any thoughts on this from others please speak up as well.

kathy88
05-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I think there must be a LOT of disenfranchised Dem delgates in light of the embarrassing pissing contest going on in their party and plastered in the media ad nauseum day in and out.

I think the one thing that Paul's book does is OPEN PEOPLEs eyes to the corrupt nature of government, and that transends party lines.

The more I become involved in all of this, the more aggravating the two party system is. We need to break those walls down, include more fringe parties and stop the name calling. Most Politicans are no longer left or right, conservative or liberal. They are mostly all self serving selfish idiots.

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 12:50 PM
There actually shouldn't be 2 parties at all. I just don't see the point in building 2 up when we only need one in the end. The republic!

I do agree that we need to come together though, delegates are delegates and need the manifesto and all it will take is us buying and shipping them to them.

Do we have a list being worked on for the democratic delegates? If there is one pm me the information so I can start adding those names into a democratic delegate list.

I think there are a lot of disenfranchised Americans as whole and we ALL need to wake up and take this nation back before she crumbles.

What are your thoughts on the cause and effect of getting the manifesto in the hands of all democratic delegates as well?

Maybe they see the light and discuss it within their own party
Maybe they bring NEW IDEAS to the table when trying to push for things at convention
Maybe they decide to NOT want to back ANY democrat running due to learning from the manifesto and fact checking.

Many things are possible and I do agree that if we can get the LIST of delegates for the republican and democratic side that we can get books in their hands no problem. It just depends on how many people want to help with this effort.

I see a couple hundred books being bought and shipped when this launches and I think we will start seeing the fruits of our labor very soon. I wonder how soon it will take us to buy and ship tracked 1,000 books to delegates.

I think this effort will end up on the news simply because of all the delegates getting them as well as US odds are emailing them the story for possible inclusion. We sometimes need to create buzz.

Once we get the delegates on their way to getting a copy of the manifesto each then just imagine how many lives could possibly change due to just a few of those delegates having a change of heart due to our efforts.

Amazing things can happen when the grassroots effort comes together and works towards the same goal.

How many KNOWN delegates are even listed so far? pm me

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Does anyone have any logo ideas or header ideas?

Here are some thoughts I am working with

a blue post office box with the "Revolution By Mail.com" url next to it

a regular mail box with the revolutionbymail.com on the side and the "arm that lifts up" would be the L in "mail" and the top would be an American Flag or something.

I think if a few design ideas were tossed on here then something could come together really quick.

Also any written ideas would be appreciated as well, my opinion is great BUT multiple opinions will always put mine to shame lol.

Keep up the thoughts,

I think creating simple 468x60 banners would be the simplest way to end up with a design scheme. Maybe a few banner designers might want to throw their idea down. If you do post it up here.

Here are the thoughts or things needed on the banner (suggestions of course, do a design your way)

1. have the revolutionbymail.com url on it
2. have a tag line spot available
3. clean and professional

Now if you leave it "editable" I can then change the tagline portion as more and more tagline ideas come to play.

So anyone who has "tagline" ideas as well, throw them out here.

MRoCkEd
05-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I think the design should maybe be based off of the book's design, and include mail/packaging designs

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I think the design should maybe be based off of the book's design, and include mail/packaging designs

That is a great idea, I was actually working with a postal feel to it as well. I think something simple would do the trick.

Anyone have thoughts with the following possibly inclusions post them up. I know we have graphics people in here who might want to help BUT might not know what is needed.

Ron Paul
Manifesto
Mail box
Post Office
Revolution
Red/white/blue

The best logos are usually the simplest anyways. As it gets moving I know someone will step forward OR I will end up paying for a design for it. I have paid for other stuff throughout this revolution so why not. My money is decreasing in value by the day anyways lol.

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Another great and small group to add to the list would be the governors of each state. I think having the governors potentially read the book could be very beneficial. I think most overlook how much pull a governor can have on a state and the people if needed AND is not something so fought after like congress/senate.

If all goes well tonight, the site will be up and running by tomorrow sometime. I am still waiting on the stamp to be delivered but I don't see that being a reason to wait anymore for this project to get going.

If there is a specific delegate you want to buy for all you will need to do is post that information in the shipping information. If you are fine with us selecting the "next available" delegate then you can do that as well.

This will allow for people to ship to specific people OR allow us to send one to someone on the delegate list and mark them off as confirmed.

On this site you can also get books shipped to yourself and others as well. We are going to stamp all of the on their way out and if the revolutionmarch team can get a flyer design or something together I want to get a flyer in each copy as well to help promote the July 12 event.

All books will be shipped tracked to confirm all shipping whether for person OR for a delegate, congressman and so on.

Anyone else have thoughts on other groups besides the following let me know

delegates
congress
senate
governors
military

-----------------

I think we could end up doing hotels, motels and all of that later on if possible. This really could continue in so many directions really. It just all depends on if there will be and endless supply of the manifesto and how long we continue this revolution.

Keep the revolution going!

MRoCkEd
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
How many books are in your first shipment?
and wow, 1800 per month - I guess congress would be covered in a week

i hope this turns out well and that the site and system is very organized

newyearsrevolution08
05-11-2008, 08:17 PM
How many books are in your first shipment?
and wow, 1800 per month - I guess congress would be covered in a week

i hope this turns out well and that the site and system is very organized

A couple cases to get started with, as orders come in though more will get ordered to keep up with demand and so forth. It just depends on if people help with this project or not SO I started with a couple cases and will see how things go.

On the site, it will be setup for now in a simple fashion that will allow for online payment, tracking and ability to show the progress of the pending/shipped delegates and allow people to buy the manifesto as well for themselves or to ship it to friends and family.

We are waiting on our stamps that we will stamping in the books in hopes for the "pass it on" effect to get started. We will offer the stamps for sale on the site as well for those who want to stamp the copies they might already own.

Another option as well is to just hand write the Revolution By Mail message if you do not want to stamp it or already have a book you want to give to a friend or family member.

Instead of just handing them a copy, why not give them "marching orders" as well once they are done reading the book.

The stamp is very simple but would get a persons attention.

If the project takes off then I will look into locating grassroots designers and coders to get a correct system together that might have more features that a custom coded backend might need for this specific project.

The way I am going to set things up for now however will more then get the job done, keep things simple and actually be doable. Not all grassroots efforts need to cost $10k a month to do....

All we will be doing is buying a $20 book and getting it into the hands of delegates, friends, family members, military and whoever else we feel could use a copy. Most anyone can afford participating in this effort PLUS teaching someone something is way more beneficial then trying to shove advertisements at them.

Let them read the book, at home, alone without any interruption and any grown person could not simply put the book down and call Ron crazy. I see anyone who will at least read the first chapter ending up finishing the book AND having a new outlook on our current administration including delegates.

Don't assume they know the Constitution we need to SHOW THEM information so they can see WHY things need to change and NOW.

I think the manifesto will be the best thing to start with, also we will have the audio sets as well for those who might want to send a book/audio combo to a delegate, friend or yourself for that matter.

I liked the audio version better since I am more "auditory" as far as learning goes. I think it is best to read AND listen to it to really allow everything to sink in

Conza88
05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Yea, reach as many people as possible.
This book is going viral in the real world. :cool:

For targeted readers, those who can get RP elected or have control over it in the process at least are first. Delegates etc. Then maybe GOP officals? People in power at the local levels, then going up. Other people who will potentially be politicans in the future. Democratic delegates.. Then I'd say Congress. (They know whats going down. And have a vested interest. Their chips are meant to say 'leave alone')

But yea , great thread.

NightOwl
05-12-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't have the technical knowledge necessary to help out on that end of this, but I'll do everything I can to spread the word. Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the time and effort you're putting into this.

MRoCkEd
05-12-2008, 12:00 PM
do you think it'll be up tonight? jw

newyearsrevolution08
05-12-2008, 02:05 PM
do you think it'll be up tonight? jw

Anything is possible but not rushing it to the point of it being a hassle though. Getting everything setup and getting it all finalized for this week. I hope to get things setup by today but I will happily say "this week" it will be up.

Things will be added through the week anyways once the store is setup. I need to get various things together anyways since I am doing the design and everything else on this project.

No worries, once it gets going the Revolution By Mail will not stop!

MRoCkEd
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Revolution By Mail
Should send to:

Republican Delegates
Congressmen
Senators
Democratic Delegates
Governors
Soldiers
Libraries
etc.

once the list is made, maybe it should be prioritized and then each group will be sent books in order of priority

newyearsrevolution08
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Revolution By Mail
Should send to:

Republican Delegates
Congressmen
Senators
Democratic Delegates
Governors
Soldiers
Libraries
etc.

once the list is made, maybe it should be prioritized and then each group will be sent books in order of priority

agreed, I think I will setup a poll or something on the site or in here for that matter once we see a real effort being presented on the delegates FIRST. IF this project takes off then we can vote on the next group to "attack" so to speak.

I do think it will end up being the site where it allows you to go to a specific section in the deal, for instance

Buy a copy for a delegate
Buy a copy for a solider
Buy a copy for a library

and so on.

This will allow us to continue building lists as books are bought and shipped to people on the list. Plus some might only want to ship to soldiers and so on and only would want to participate in that effort.

I think PRIORITY should be delegates indeed then after that goal seems closer to an end we will odds are toss a poll up or something to see what the grassroots think should be the best approach.

MRoCkEd
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
agreed, I think I will setup a poll or something on the site or in here for that matter once we see a real effort being presented on the delegates FIRST. IF this project takes off then we can vote on the next group to "attack" so to speak.

I do think it will end up being the site where it allows you to go to a specific section in the deal, for instance

Buy a copy for a delegate
Buy a copy for a solider
Buy a copy for a library

and so on.

This will allow us to continue building lists as books are bought and shipped to people on the list. Plus some might only want to ship to soldiers and so on and only would want to participate in that effort.

I think PRIORITY should be delegates indeed then after that goal seems closer to an end we will odds are toss a poll up or something to see what the grassroots think should be the best approach.
great

http://www.revolutionbymail.com/manifestoimages.jpg

newyearsrevolution08
05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I have lists for the congress and senate so far. I am piecing together a delegate list right now BUT anyone who knows ANY confirmed delegate information including email and or physical addresses make sure and pm me.

Oh I also got together the current governors address list as well. I need to make sure to keep them updated though as well as keep up with the election cycles to make sure and keep the names fresh and add new ones as they get elected.

Any thoughts or ideas make sure and post it here, also don't forget to help get the message out about this project to everyone you know as well. This really could help the revolution really take shape.

NightOwl
05-13-2008, 12:33 AM
great

http://www.revolutionbymail.com/manifestoimages.jpg

Just be sure to capitalize the C in Congress.

newyearsrevolution08
05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
ok thank you for reporting the error.

Sentinelrv
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
About the stamp idea. Is this getting put on all the books that are getting shipped out? If so, you need to make sure that besides the message, it also has to contain the RevolutionByMail.com address, so people will know they can easily come to the site to spread the book to others. Without that address, people might be too lazy to spread it themselves.....Sad, but probably true.

Also, an idea to cut down on the people who receive the book and don't actually read it or thow it away, you could include a standard letter that explains why it's so urgent for them to read it....Maybe put some fear in them of what our future will be if these ideas are not passed around to everybody.

newyearsrevolution08
05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
The stamp has the url on it.

It is a 3 line stamp, I will find the online image and post it. It was posted in this thread somewhere OR the one that got this one built into a sticky. Either way I agree, the way for this to work IS to give them the option to CONTINUE the revolution.

We were going to keep it simple at first

1. stamp inside cover
2. insert revolution march flyer into book
3. ship tracked

MRoCkEd
05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
did you find the stamp image? and any updates on the site

newyearsrevolution08
05-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Just getting all things taken care of. Going to get a picture of the stamp in one of the books actually. Working on the site more and more, a friend suggested having a copy of the constitution on the site and I think that is something that should be added now rather then later.

Doing a couple other things and making sure we have enough books and so on for those who buy through the store and also sourcing out various delegate information as well as secondary list information as we discussed in this thread here.

Also after this gets setup we will be going full steam on the Revolution Book Club site, too many people WANT these projects and ideas up so lets get them up. RevolutionBookClub.com is the domain for that and it might simply merge with the current Book Club idea currently being setup.

The manifesto really will help the revolution kick into high gear AND at the perfect time I think.

Just trying to finalize everything to at least get it up and running without any issues or anything lacking for the project to not have any headaches and so on.

We also found some flyers for the revolution march AND I believe more and more people are designing their ideas as well to possibly toss in the book. I think it will be perfect advertising.

The flyers will also be available to print out for those who already have books BUT want to participate.

Conza88
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Just getting all things taken care of.

Great stuff!

But the site, the image won't go anywhere when I click it:confused:

newyearsrevolution08
05-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Great stuff!

But the site, the image won't go anywhere when I click it:confused:

Yup, isn't setup yet.. Reason why I am still finishing things up ;)

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
I got a picture of the stamp in one of the books themselves. Site should be done soon enough. Also thank you to those who have been contacting me about delegate information as well. It really does help when others help with efforts like this one.

http://revolutionbymail.com/manifesto-stamp-small.jpg

MRoCkEd
05-15-2008, 03:35 PM
very nice
As I understand it - we order as many copies as we want directly on the site, choose who it is for (or let you choose), and then you stamp, insert flyer, and send it to them (and cross the delegate/congressman off as SENT)?

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
very nice

so is the plan - we order as many copies as we want directly on the site, choose who it is for, and then you stamp and send them (and cross the delegate/congressman off as SENT)?

Yes that is the easiest way to get this thing done I think. Now there is also the option for those who already have books or buy them elsewhere to still participate in this effort. I will also have the stamp itself on the site for sale BUT people can also just write it in their copies they hand out IF they do not want to spend anything at all.

As they get sent and confirmed delivered I will be adding them to the "Confirmed Received" List.

There will be the Book and Audio Versions available to get to delegates and others including whoever is on the site who might want more copies pre-stamped and ready to go and give them out around town.

The stamp itself inside each book is really going to keep this Revolution By Mail never ending because daily there will always be SOMEONE who will pick up a copy of the manifesto for the first time AND WAKE UP. Now usually a person might just say "amazing book" but this one tells you to "first read, then give it to someone else, then go to revolutionbymail.com".

My hopes is that as more and more people read these books and get involved it will expand upon itself so much that we can have "confirmed shipped" lists for any category possible.

Let's keep this #1 for as long as possible!

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I thought of another "group" if it hasn't been brought up anywhere else. Either way......

Local gop offices should get mailed a copy or at least everyone should give a copy to their local gop. Not sure how well it will go over BUT you never really know.

We really need to take over the local government so we can vote in numbers to take over the federal government.

Also once again keep that delegate information coming in. We are getting names and everything together so we can ship them as orders come in to keep things flowing. I think as the information about new delegates comes in they should get a book a.s.a.p.

Get through those known FIRST and then ship "pre-ordered for" delegate books as the new delegates are made known to the public. If anyone gets more delegate information OR other group lists with contact information and addresses then pm me.

We are looking for lists for libraries, hotels, local gop offices, mayors, governors, senators, delegates <---- IMPORTANT ONE, state office, active and returning military, police, fire department. As you can see we want this Revolution By Mail to expand to include anyone possible. We need to get The Revolution : A Manifesto to EVERYONE we can and with your help we can get it done.

Ongoing efforts take time but KNOWLEDGE is something that will go a long way as more and more people read the manifesto.

Excited to see plenty of peoples point of views change from a single book THEN hopefully get active and get books to hand out for others or buy 10 for delegates to read over before they go to the convention.

Anyone wanting to help with this effort pm me.

MRoCkEd
05-15-2008, 08:00 PM
We are looking for lists for libraries, hotels, local gop offices, mayors, governors, senators, delegates <---- IMPORTANT ONE, state office, active and returning military, police, fire department. As you can see we want this Revolution By Mail to expand to include anyone possible. We need to get The Revolution : A Manifesto to EVERYONE we can and with your help we can get it done.
great, but we can't get ahead of ourselves - start with one or a few groups (delegates are most important, as you mentioned), and steadily begin to expand the effort

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
great, but we can't get ahead of ourselves - start with one or a few groups (delegates are most important, as you mentioned), and steadily begin to expand the effort

I know lol, no point in NOT getting lists while delegate lists are being built however.

fr33domfightr
05-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I'd like to suggest a modification of your "stamped" message.

Instead of,
"URGENT NOTICE
Once You Have Read This Book
Give It To A Friend Or Loved One
RevolutionByMail.com"

Change it to,
"URGENT REQUEST
Once you have read this book
please give it to a friend or loved one.
RevolutionByMail.com"

Just to be a little respectful versus demanding.

Just my $0.02

FF

MRoCkEd
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I had free time today - so I made a quick youtube video to promote the site
i also registered the name "RevolutionByMail" on youtube
i'll upload it on there soon to see what you think

MRoCkEd
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhzZVFz1lD4

newyearsrevolution08
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Great video, nice work on it. I will add it to the front page right now as well for those who already visit the site anticipating it opening up so they can buy some books to get this started.

I will also add it to the first post of this thread as well. It gets the message across AND let's people THINK about other people that they can get the manifesto to as well.

All that would be needed now is a dig link to the site itself as well. I will toss it on the to do list as well. Once I get that I will toss it on the front page as well so people can start digging it.

MRoCkEd
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
glad to help

Conza88
05-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Quality video!!! 5'd

NightOwl
05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
The YouTube is linked (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021036.html) at the LewRockwell.com blog.

newyearsrevolution08
05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
The YouTube is linked (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021036.html) at the LewRockwell.com blog.

Good to hear, I talked on the phone with Chris from LewRockwell the other day and let him know about this project as well. Getting the word out about projects like this is simple IF people get active and try and put forth an effort.

The next project will be the RevolutionBookClub.com effort that will end up HUGE and we all feel will be the next step for the "revolution" to take shape. Ron Paul wrote a great book for us to learn from and then TAKE ACTION. Getting people READING The Revolution is the next step that we need to take and on a massive scale.

Whether we are buying and shipping books to delegates, your friends, governors or whoever we ALSO need to make sure to locate people WITHIN our own cities. We need to take the "meetup" idea and grow on it.

I have an entire outline for the RevolutionBookClub.com project, it will allow people to NOT have to pay for any meetup membership which I feel would be the one main drawback to sticking with the meetup group system itself.

This however will be NEXT........ soon but next.....

Currently trying to locate CURRENT delegate contact information as they are made known. If you are a delegate OR know where to locate MORE sourced delegate information pm me.

Doing what I can to get this first step MOVING so others like yourself can help out with this overall effort whether that be buying books from the site itself to get out OR locally.

All ron paul supporters should buy 10 books a piece, keep 1 and hand out 9 STAMPED. If you don't know what I mean by stamped then pm me as well. It is one thing to get people to read it HOWEVER the key is to THEN give it to a friend or loved one to then read and discuss with.

This MUST be a continued effort, you need to keep with the effort BY giving your copy away ONCE you have read it. If you THEN want to get another copy then BUY ANOTHER copy. This cycle should simply CONTINUE until we 1. run out of books or 2. run out of people to get the book to.

Get Active Locally!

Get people in your local area to STOP trying to get someone elected and START focusing on educating those around you so THEY can come to the conclusion on their own that our current system is 100% flawed. We CANT make anyone come to that realization no matter how many millions we throw at them.

People need to read it with their own eyes, listen with their own ears and speak the words with their own mouth for it to finally CLICK.

Start educating those around you.

MRoCkEd
05-18-2008, 01:37 PM
digg the video here while we wait for the site:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Revolution_by_Mail_Spread_the_Freedom_Message

fr33domfightr
05-19-2008, 01:55 AM
I have some ideas on the flyer that is to be put in each book.

I think it should absolutely point people to websites where they can talk to like minded individuals. That can be here at Ron Paul Forums, Meetup.com, etc. It should also mention the March in D.C. (if they're shipped prior to that event).

Remember this book will be sent to supporters and non-supporters (yet). Someone may like the FREEDOM message, but might be turned off to Ron Paul personally (due to negative media remarks). Or perhaps, there more on the fence and aren't as gung ho as he is. I wish there was a place where all the new converts might go, such that they could talk to others and help galvanize their beliefs. In the end, turn them into voters for Freedom. We need new blood to help grow the movement.

FF

newyearsrevolution08
05-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think directing people to meetup or this forum (unless there is an "intro to ron paul" or something) would be beneficial to this effort in the least. If they can't get the info from the book itself then they are lost.

IN the book though will be a flyer for the march, on the inside cover will also be the stamp that will allow them to locate this effort and help it get larger. This effort is built to expand and build upon itself by getting people to "pass it on" once they have read it.

The next project we are setting up will actually be the next flyer put into the book after the march. That will be the RevolutionBookClub.com now I think that is what you are hoping to end up setting up.

That project will allow people to come together like in a meetup group MINUS the $45 every 3 months. Add up how much meetup.com makes off of all those groups, that money could go towards us buying more books to hand out or buy for others.

I 100% agree that the way for this Revolution to continue we need to educate then locate others who have the same feelings towards our current system. Imagine a ton of Revolution Book Clubs in cities across the nation.

The great thing about that as well is the Revolution Book CLub is that we could end up doing a nice reading list starting with the manifesto. We could get a Revolution Book Club readers list going as well.

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Quick update

- Merchant account setup taking longer then expected but finalizing soon enough.

- Publisher account setup being finalized as well. This will allow us to deal directly with the publisher.

- Getting more and more feedback from everyone is AMAZING and appreciated and hope it continues.

- Official campaign contacted me about this as well and we are talking about the future of this effort as well as the RevolutionBookClub.com as well.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:16 PM
The GOP Delegate Database:

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
The GOP Delegate Database:

Here is the actual link I assume

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/statelist.cfm

When do you see delegate information being listed? I didn't see any delegate information there. Did I go to the wrong page or miss the info?

I saw "GOP Delegate Database" but didn't see any delegates.

------------------------------------------------

MRoCkEd
05-20-2008, 12:30 PM
you click the state and it shows the delegates and lets you adopt them
only one of the states, it seems, has delegates listed (Georgia)
but it gives you the option to add known delegates to any of the states
at least, that's what i get from it

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is the actual link I assume

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/statelist.cfm

When do you see delegate information being listed? I didn't see any delegate information there. Did I go to the wrong page or miss the info?

I saw "GOP Delegate Database" but didn't see any delegates.

------------------------------------------------

That's where cooperation comes in. People who have the information will need to fill in the delegates' names and addresses so that others can adopt them. Here in GA, I was running myself ragged trying to cull the information on my own. With this it will be a cooperative effort.

wgadget
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
From the author, NelsonWinters:

Hi Conza.

To begin with I have to thank Tara for inspiring me to create the GOP delegate database. Second, I should clarify that OperationEducation.org is a soon to be announced (should be this week) site that is unrelated to the GOP delegate database. I just needed some place to put it and so I just stuck it there.

Good question regarding security. I struggled with how to deal with it without making it too difficult to create or use. It's important to understand that it's just designed to help keep track of who the delegates are and who's "adopting" which delegates.

Here's a few things to try and keep people honest:

1. Once a piece of information is added it can't be updated or deleted. There's a notes field where you can append notes regarding a delegate if something needs to be changed and then I could go in and make the change .

2. When a delegate is deleted, it is only hidden... if someone's messing with the system, I can unhide the affected delegates.

3. When adopting a delegate, an email with an activation link is sent to the person trying to adopt the delegate.

4. Since this is openly available for people to look at, hopefully everyone can keep an eye on their local delegates and let me know if there's any funny business going on.

If anyone has any ideas or concerns please let me know.

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
That's where cooperation comes in. People who have the information will need to fill in the delegates' names and addresses so that others can adopt them. Here in GA, I was running myself ragged trying to cull the information on my own. With this it will be a cooperative effort.

I read more on the site after posting, damn great idea, damn great site!

When I get a master list I will contact you as well. You could cross check against those on your site as I get them so we make sure the list is accurate as well.

That is once I get the info I need from official.... well unofficially...

MRoCkEd
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
a similar system should be used to "adopt books" for senators and congressmen - but without the ability to add/remove names because all of the information for them is already known

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
a similar system should be used to "adopt books" for senators and congressmen - but without the ability to add/remove names because all of the information for them is already known

Setting up those lists would be much easier indeed since they would be known already.

I am happy someone setup the first option I hoped would get setup as well. I like the adopt a candidate to educate idea and hope many people get involved with that effort as well as the Revolution By Mail project.

I had another idea as far as a list BUT I have been second guessing myself ALOT due to the "group" itself. I want to hear thoughts on this one BUT I was trying to figure out WHO would become most active once they read the manifesto. Who could really WAKE UP learning this stuff?

I thought about widows and family of fallen soldiers and how getting them a copy of the manifesto MIGHT get them VERY ACTIVE to make sure OTHER FAMILIES don't have to go through what they had to FOR THE WRONG REASONS.

Any thoughts on this "group" to get the manifesto to let me know here.

MRoCkEd
05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought about widows and family of fallen soldiers and how getting them a copy of the manifesto MIGHT get them VERY ACTIVE to make sure OTHER FAMILIES don't have to go through what they had to FOR THE WRONG REASONS.

Any thoughts on this "group" to get the manifesto to let me know here.
I don't know.. It might be seen as pestering mournful families and trying to take advantage of their vulnerable situation to make political gains. There are plenty of groups to cover within the political scheme already - delegates, senators, congressmen, governors, mayors, etc. before outside groups are targeted.
*.02*

newyearsrevolution08
05-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know.. It might be seen as pestering mournful families and trying to take advantage of their vulnerable situation to make political gains. There are plenty of groups to cover within the political scheme already - delegates, senators, congressmen, governors, mayors, etc. before outside groups are targeted.
*.02*

Thanks for the thoughts on this, I was sitting here trying to contemplate this as well. Tragedy is one way to get people to STAND UP for our country. Who knows better about standing up for their country then a fallen soldier and their family members.

I just see getting them the information so THEY can read and make their own opinion about would be very beneficial AND HOPE they might tell fellow soldiers and families OF soldiers about the manifesto.

I do see your point as well, not a political group at all though. I see how it could be looked at as trying to exploit a tragedy IF it was done by official campaigns but grassroots people wanting to possibly get their friends and loved ones copies would be more on the "friends and family" section of the site once it gets put up.

Remember though, the plan is delegates first so don't think I am trying to toss something else in before. We know the plan and what needs to get done before September. As delegates get finished however we need to make sure and have PLENTY of other "groups" for people to send to so this effort will grow.

I know there are plenty who don't care to ship books to delegates BUT want to get one to others and want to make sure they have that option. At first there will simply be a "buy a book for a friend or family member" option, they can buy it and get it shipped to whoever they would like including a "notes" section as well if wanted.

I am so excited to see now there is the abililty to either get the book shipped using the Revolution By Mail project as well as the delegate list on the Op-Ed site that was just opened that allows people to "adopt a candidate".

Grassroots is the only way to run things.... Not as organized of course BUT it doesn't slow creativity and allows for expansion of ideas instead of sticking with "one" effort or style.

newyearsrevolution08
05-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Today I am doing a call to the official campaign and after I talk with (Jeff Frazee), he will then discuss it with Ron Paul with a scheduled appointment in the afternoon. Just wanted to keep everyone posted as to where we are in this whole thing.

I would like to get Ron's thoughts on this project and since that is happening in a few hours I wanted to hold off on the launch to see what Ron's thoughts were and if things should be changed OR better yet what they might be able to do to HELP get this effort more then off the ground but FLYING HIGH on day one.

Once things clear up today I will post again to let everyone know Ron's thoughts among other things.

NightOwl
05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
I say go for the whole ball of wax by asking if he'd consider sending out an email to the campaign list telling them about your site.

MRoCkEd
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I say go for the whole ball of wax by asking if he'd consider sending out an email to the campaign list telling them about your site.
i agree

keep us posted

Razmear
05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Seeing how the 'official site' doesn't have a senate or house list yet, you are welcome to direct link to these two pages:

Or to even steal the code for use in your page if that helps out.

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
We have those lists as they are public knowledge the main reason for the "official" contact was mainly for the delegate lists OR "direction" as to where I can find them and VERIFIED and not just people tossing names on a list to get free stuff....

I think it is a great idea to get the various lists contacted and we have actually talked with a few grassroots efforts that did infact have lists and they would be happy to send out that email for us as well.

Just wanting to see what "official" has to say before I open on up incase they have ideas to improve on the current ideas we have going.

Currently I see I am doing the stamp and ship for people deal as well as another person has setup the other format I started with at the beginning of this thread where people can adopt a candidate.

They both should go smoothly, reason for us doing the shipping tracked is so we can be 100% sure they got sent. No tracking then it's just guessing.

I also think the dvd idea as well would be beneficial and here are my thoughts on this for AFTER the election.

Send out
books
cd's
dvd's

This will allow people the ability to choose what they want to buy for someone or themselves.

newyearsrevolution08
05-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Seeing how the 'official site' doesn't have a senate or house list yet, you are welcome to direct link to these two pages:

Or to even steal the code for use in your page if that helps out.

eb

Great stuff, we will get to those lists later on. Actually who knows, it might be sooner than later if the delegate lists go together smoothly.

Conza88
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Hell yea, I want official campaign to do something with this.
i.e send out an email directing to the site, at least.

Razmear
05-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Just updated:

http://rp4.us/book.htm

to show that Amazon and Buy.com now have the book in stock. Also linking back to the 'where to buy' thread that can update info much faster than me.

I haven't been sent any notices (use the link on the site) of who has been mailed a copy for the house and senate members, so I haven't done anything more to those pages. The pages have complete addresses for all senate and house members.

I've got tomorrow off so I might pretty things up a bit.

And in case you were wondering, those are affiliate links to the booksellers, so if you want to help a brother out by ordering thru the site, seeing how you were going to order anyways, then any cash will be put to good use.
(we are pro capitalism and competition in the marketplace, right?)

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Just updated:

to show that Amazon and Buy.com now have the book in stock. Also linking back to the 'where to buy' thread that can update info much faster than me.

I haven't been sent any notices (use the link on the site) of who has been mailed a copy for the house and senate members, so I haven't done anything more to those pages. The pages have complete addresses for all senate and house members.

I've got tomorrow off so I might pretty things up a bit.

And in case you were wondering, those are affiliate links to the booksellers, so if you want to help a brother out by ordering thru the site, seeing how you were going to order anyways, then any cash will be put to good use.
(we are pro capitalism and competition in the marketplace, right?)

eb

This is starting with delegate information though as far as the Revolution By Mail goes. The senate and congress list won't happen with the rbm project until the delegates get taken care of.

Maybe set up a senate and house site for that effort and get a NEW thread running for it. Just a thought to help increase your capitalism and competition and all... (-;

There will not be any way for multiple efforts to try and keep the same lists together as far as who has been shipped a book or not. The revolution by mail effort will be 100% tracked through actual shipping and that is how they will get tracked rather then people emailing as I see too much room for error on that part.

newyearsrevolution08
05-23-2008, 05:05 AM

Waiting on a few answers myself honestly. I know they are busy as well and honestly am not really wanting to wait around too much longer on this anyways so we can get things rolling in the right direction.

I hope we clear everything up by Monday at most but if not then I will just go solo and grassroots the effort and show why grassroots has the skills it does.

Razmear
05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
This is starting with delegate information though as far as the Revolution By Mail goes. The senate and congress list won't happen with the rbm project until the delegates get taken care of.

Maybe set up a senate and house site for that effort and get a NEW thread running for it. Just a thought to help increase your capitalism and competition and all... (-;

If my memory serves me right, you started this thread looking to mail all the house and senate members, which is why I set up those pages, then it changed over to delegates, which I'm not even sure how to get all those 2500+ names and addresses, so this thread seems like a good enough place to let folks know about how to get books to the senate and house members.

eb

edit: see post 25 for the original first post quoted before the mission changed.

MRoCkEd
05-23-2008, 07:58 AM
well delegates come first
then the others
so that list will still be needed

Razmear
05-23-2008, 08:07 AM
well delegates come first
then the others
so that list will still be needed

If someone has that list, let me know and I'll turn it into a webpage.

eb

newyearsrevolution08
05-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Kind of the whole point of this thread though.....

ie the site

revolutionbymail.com

Not getting why we want to have the list at various places unless they will be confirmed there as well and I can't guarantee that either. We can always all run our own lists I suppose if wanted.

All books we ship through the actual revolution by mail effort FROM the actual site will be confirmed tracked and shipped by us SO we can confirm them as they go out 100%, I can't cross anyone off that I see on secondary sites simply because they can't be verified for the actual rbm effort itself.

The delegate lists are continually growing so it is not as simple as getting the current senate list, bummer things are like this BUT no way to have all delegate info for obvious reasons BUT we are getting them as they come out which I am happy for indeed.

Whether the lists are on a .txt file or a .html file is not too important right now to be honest PLUS I am not sure if releasing a list of delegate information to everyone is really the best idea as far as name, address and everything since it could in effect be used against us as well...

When the tracking is done through the actual revolution by mail project the name, city,state will be listed BUT the person who bought the book will get the actual tracking information so THEY can check theirs out if wanted. I see this helping detour railroading efforts from within or from outside to try and get in....

The delegate list is a work in progress to say the least though, got in contact with those I needed to and hope things work out well enough. Either way, the manifesto will get to a ton of delegates, senate, military and a mess of others over the next 5+ years and will continue until we don't need to.

MRoCkEd
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM
any updates on the site?

fr33domfightr
05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Why not just use the Senators & Representatives names and addresses and consolidate by address. Then setup a chipin to buy 534 books (RP doesn't need one), and have them shipped to a location agreeable to these meetups:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/379/

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/376/

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1818/

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1040/

They're all in Washington D.C. They just need the list of names consolidated by building and they can form a meetup just for the purpose of delivering all 534 books!

If we want an insert of some sort, that's fine. We could raise the money and have them shipped by next week, if we agree to it.

FF

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Why not just use the Senators & Representatives names and addresses and consolidate by address. Then setup a chipin to buy 534 books (RP doesn't need one), and have them shipped to a location agreeable to these meetups:

They're all in Washington D.C. They just need the list of names consolidated by building and they can form a meetup just for the purpose of delivering all 534 books!

If we want an insert of some sort, that's fine. We could raise the money and have them shipped by next week, if we agree to it.

FF
Brillant! effective and efficient...straight to the point and gets results. Sweet.
:D
Great thinking.

Razmear
05-26-2008, 05:08 PM

FF

I have a list of all the house and senate members and their office addresses at
and while I was making the site I loaded all the addresses into Excell spreadsheets for sorting so they could easily be sorted by address to get the building info your looking for.
If you want me to email you the spreadsheet files, just send me a pm with the addy.

eb

fr33domfightr
05-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I sent an email to meetup group organizers at group 376 and 1040 to come here and discuss this matter. If they agree to this, we can move forward.

FF

Razmear
05-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Operation Education http://www.operationeducation.org is in the process of compiling a list of all known RNC delegates.
If you have delegate or address info, you can help update the list.
I've added a link to their list at http://rp4.us/book.htm along with the house and senate members.

eb

wgadget
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Operation Education http://www.operationeducation.org is in the process of compiling a list of all known RNC delegates.
If you have delegate or address info, you can help update the list.
I've added a link to their list at http://rp4.us/book.htm along with the house and senate members.

eb

Today I received an e-newletter from my county GOP which had a list of all the delegates on it. If you've already had your state convention, it's possible that you can locate the information at your local GOP's website. Then all you will need are the addresses. They can be found on the delegate lists that were provided at the end of the county conventions. At least that's how it worked here in GA.

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I sent an email to meetup group organizers at group 376 and 1040 to come here and discuss this matter. If they agree to this, we can move forward.

FF

Brillant! Brillant! Brillant!...did I mention?...BRILLANT!

newyearsrevolution08
05-27-2008, 12:06 AM
We have a HUGE list of delegates and alternates. I was hoping the official would have finalized things with me by now, hoping it is due to the memorial day weekend BUT can't wait forever to get this going.

any thoughts on this? get moving with or without official on this effort? That is what I am about to do and feel we odds are will get more done this route anyways as there would not have even have been this 2 week lag that has ALREADY happened.

wgadget
05-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Hey, you guys.....

Not bragging or anything, but the state of Georgia is WHOOPING all the other states in the books for delegates project.

Just sayin'.

Look here:

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/map.cfm

You can remedy that situation here:

MRoCkEd
05-27-2008, 06:50 AM
We have a HUGE list of delegates and alternates. I was hoping the official would have finalized things with me by now, hoping it is due to the memorial day weekend BUT can't wait forever to get this going.

any thoughts on this? get moving with or without official on this effort? That is what I am about to do and feel we odds are will get more done this route anyways as there would not have even have been this 2 week lag that has ALREADY happened.
i would say get going - what do you need official for, except maybe to send an email about it?

NightOwl
05-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Definitely go ahead without national, and let them catch up to you.

newyearsrevolution08
05-27-2008, 10:13 AM
i would say get going - what do you need official for, except maybe to send an email about it?

we went a bit further in the conversation then possible email sending help BUT I do agree it needs to get moving. Just had to ask....

newyearsrevolution08
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey, you guys.....

Not bragging or anything, but the state of Georgia is WHOOPING all the other states in the books for delegates project.

Just sayin'.

Look here:

http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/map.cfm

You can remedy that situation here:

you guys are doing DAMN great with that effort and hope other states pick up the pace as well. Great state to model after indeed.

fr33domfightr
05-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Is that operationeducation site new? I don't see any chipin amounts yet, so it must be new, right?

It seems pretty nice, basic, but nice.

While looking over the map and clicking on a state, I guess the people on the left bought books for the Delegates, but it doesn't say which book or books were purchased.

FF

MRoCkEd
05-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Are the delegates already sent copies according to http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/ going to be removed from the list - or is it possible that some delegates will receive multiple copies? :confused:

wgadget
05-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Are the delegates already sent copies according to http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/ going to be removed from the list - or is it possible that some delegates will receive multiple copies? :confused:

Sorry for the confusion.

If you go over there and click on Georgia, you can see how it will look after the delegates have been adopted. It will list the adoptee's name in the first column.

If a delegate has already been adopted by someone, please find someone else to send a book to.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I meant the revolutionbymail.com - which also plans on sending books to delegates
i'm wondering about RBM sending copies to the same delegates as OE

wgadget
05-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I meant the revolutionbymail.com - which also plans on sending books to delegates
i'm wondering about RBM sending copies to the same delegates as OE

I suppose it would be a good idea to cross-reference these two so that we don't duplicate anything. We don't want to PESTER the delegates, just educate them...:D

newyearsrevolution08
05-28-2008, 03:06 AM
I suppose it would be a good idea to cross-reference these two so that we don't duplicate anything. We don't want to PESTER the delegates, just educate them...:D

I have discussed this and we are working out a solution that will work for both sides. the main issue is, I can't PROVE any of the books were actually sent without confirmed tracking as far as the other site goes. We will figure it out BY next week and get things moving in the RIGHT direction BUT I do agree that a delegate has no need for more then one copy and it would be best for us to make sure to FIRST get single copies to EVERY delegate first rather then dealing with dupes.

newyearsrevolution08
06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Liberty Update

The RevolutionByMail.com site will be open starting tomorrow morning (Monday June 2nd). There are a few large sites that want to feature this effort and that effort will be starting tomorrow so the delegates will soon have a copy of the manifesto.

MRoCkEd
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Liberty Update

The RevolutionByMail.com site will be open starting tomorrow morning (Monday June 2nd). There are a few large sites that want to feature this effort and that effort will be starting tomorrow so the delegates will soon have a copy of the manifesto.
great, can't wait to see it

soo? ETA?

RPTXState
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
We need to get this off the ground and going BEFORE the convention happens....:rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Already have a bit over 80+ books that will be going out this next week. Finalizing the design of the front page and some tweaks in the store itself as well within the next few days.

A few different places are broadcasting this project among a few other great efforts as well. Here is one spot that was written up for tonight and will be everywhere by tomorrow as well

http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods91.html

It actually lists a few great projects including our next one which will be the RevolutionBookClub.com effort which will odds are be helped by a few other "project leaders" who are working on revolution style efforts as well.

The book club will be fun and will be needed to educate the next generation of liberty candidates so we can take things back locally and above.

Keep fighting!

Don

newyearsrevolution08
06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
We have added the option of buying bulk amounts of copies. This will be good for anyone who is getting ready for the RevolutionBookClub.com to get started. Remember we will be getting Revolution Book Clubs setup in every city reading the Manifesto. Educate the masses!

The Revolution : A Manifesto would be a great christmas gift to EVERY friend and family member. There are just so many reasons and excuses to get people a copy of the book and see what they think about it.

We have given out copies here in Fresno and love the reactions of those who have read the manifesto. I really believe this is the simplest method to wake up the sheeple and in time for the next election cycle so we can have a few ron paul candidates running for President and we might have a fighting shot next time.

Keep fighting for liberty

MRoCkEd
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
good, but i wish there was a menu so you can choose who to ship it to
my idea is this for scrolldown menus

- State: No Preference is default
-if they choose a state, another scrolldown shows no preference or
different names from that state that havent recieved

this screen can appear after you choose how many you are buying so there
is a corresponding number of scrolldowns which can be left at no preference or changed to who you want to send it to

if you dont do that for delegates, i think it would definitely be good once you add congressmen,governors, etc.

newyearsrevolution08
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
good, but i wish there was a menu so you can choose who to ship it to
my idea is this for scrolldown menus

- State: No Preference is default
-if they choose a state, another scrolldown shows no preference or
different names from that state that havent recieved

this screen can appear after you choose how many you are buying so there
is a corresponding number of scrolldowns which can be left at no preference or changed to who you want to send it to

if you dont do that for delegates, i think it would definitely be good once you add congressmen,governors, etc.

We have a way to do that being worked on as we speak. We won't have them listed BEFORE they are shipped due to some specific reasons BUT the ability to choose by state or multi state options is being looked into.

I am still hoping to get the full system setup that is outside of a cart system, it will be more "member based" to help with the education side of things and not simply the buying part of things.

This will allow it to tie into the Revolution Book Club better and allow for people to finally get together with locals AND educate others around them.

newyearsrevolution08
06-15-2008, 04:29 AM
I am excited to see the revolution finally move passed this ONE election year. We will be working hard to get the Revolution Book Club effort going while we continue getting the manifesto books and audio cds out to everyone.

The delegates will enjoy the read and who knows maybe we will end up with many more ron paul supporters at the convention then we thought.

Another note as well, we have been getting great response from "regular sales" of the manifesto from those wanting to get things start around their area as well so think about doing that as well.

I talked with one guy who bought a bulk amount of books to resell to pay for his trip to st. paul for Ron's Rally. I am happy this is helping fellow ron paul supporters raise financial funds for the march and then the rally but I am also VERY thankful for everyone who has been helping pay for these copies to be sent to delegates.

We only have a bit over 100 delegate copies bought and paid for so far but the great thing is we still have a few months. I will be buying my 20 copies a month towards this effort and more as long as my money permits.

I think these delegates are key for future election years and I want them to have the manifesto in their library. They might enjoy it and buy enough copies for their fellow delegates while this effort is moving forward, we just never really know.

I want to see what the campaign for liberty is going to do because I talked with Jeff about the book club which he then discussed with Ron about. I really want to get that effort moving so don't forget to get enough copies of the manifesto for at least a small book club 5-10 copies will do.

Once the Revolution Book Club site is up there will be "Book Club" Packages to choose from to make setting up your cities Revolution Book Club easier.

I am excited to see where the revolution goes from here. I do know that the manifesto is key for us to really have a showing in the next presidential election. We have 3 years to educate everyone we know and have them repeat the process so lets get to it.

Update:/ Anyone wanting to help with a script/design please pm me. I am focusing on getting the books out and other revolution efforts and would love to locate a fellow revolutionary who loves web design and this effort and will help us out.

Keep fighting for Liberty!

MRoCkEd
06-16-2008, 12:57 PM
bump

newyearsrevolution08
06-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Changed the front page because that "White" background was killing me while we wait to get a full coded design done. Let me know if you would like to help with this effort as well whether by volunteering time, designing, coding or even copies of the mainfesto to send to delegates.

Anyone wanting to help by getting the revolution a manifesto out locally should check out the bulk buying option as well. Each book includes the revolution stamp so everytime a person you give or sell a copy of the revolution a manifesto to they MIGHT then continue doing what you did and get a few copies as well to THEN continue the revolution even further.

Everyone we knows has an entire family that would be easier for THEM to get to read the revolution a manifesto over you anyways so why not let them do that by getting copies to them.

What has been working for me is simple, to those I simply give a copy to all I ask is that ONCE they have read the book they then MUST give it to someone else AND then discuss the book with that person once they are done.

I think this is the simplest way to get the revolution moving BEFORE the RevolutionBookClub gets setup for the "local revolution" project that we will be doing.

Still looking for more help locating and CONFIRMING delegate information as alot that we have located online is not completely correct and any mis-mailed package is simply a loss of funds for someone and a loss for whoever WAS going to receive a copy.

We must make sure our delegate lists are correct.......

Looking for a way to raise funds to get to the march or the rally?

Buy the revolution a manifesto in bulk then sell it locally to raise money.

Keep the revolution thriving by educating your friends and family FIRST.

newyearsrevolution08
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
liberty bump

nbruno322
06-18-2008, 07:07 PM
this is a fantastic idea, use your 1st Amendment while you still have it!!!

newyearsrevolution08
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Bump For Liberty

Go get a copy of the revolution a manifesto and READ IT!

newyearsrevolution08
06-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Bump For Liberty

Keep the revolution alive

newyearsrevolution08
06-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Bump

fight4liberty
06-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Totally cooool project!!!!!

Hey, I'm probably not the first to mention it but the very cool video for this pjt. has a tiny but important typo in the URL that is displayed at the end of it.

It says: "revolutionbymall.com" Should be "revolutionbymail.com"!!!

newyearsrevolution08
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Totally cooool project!!!!!

Hey, I'm probably not the first to mention it but the very cool video for this pjt. has a tiny but important typo in the URL that is displayed at the end of it.

It says: "revolutionbymall.com" Should be "revolutionbymail.com"!!!

it does, it is just the font that makes the i look like an l. It was done by someone who dug the project itself as well.. I too enjoyed the video.

newyearsrevolution08
07-04-2008, 01:29 AM
liberty bump

we have a TON more of delegates to get these books to, please help.

samaberle
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Will there be a way for delegates to respond? "Hey, I want to vote for Ron Paul"
Are the Ron Paul supporting delegates organized in any fashion?

newyearsrevolution08
07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I guess I could send out a questionnaire, great idea... Whether good or bad it would be a response still the same. Maybe I could get something IN the book for them to either email, call or mail back a response...

great idea......

There are plenty of ron paul supported delegates and also ALOT of "so-called" delegates who we have been weeding out as potential "wanting free books" and not really a delegate... Wish stuff like that didn't happen BUT some people try to get freebies when not allowed.

As far as organized, they have been noted in our lists and are being verified just like all others. We are focusing on getting to NON rp delegates FIRST since that makes the most sense BUT as more orders come in OR if people want them specifically for rp delegates then we will ship to them.

Will there be a way for delegates to respond? "Hey, I want to vote for Ron Paul"
Are the Ron Paul supporting delegates organized in any fashion?

MRoCkEd
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
bump

HonestyInMedicine
08-03-2008, 09:57 AM
it does, it is just the font that makes the i look like an l. It was done by someone who dug the project itself as well.. I too enjoyed the video.

Is this another version of www.dvds4delegates.com?

newyearsrevolution08
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
No this is sending the revolution a manifesto and the dvd project sends a dvd package I believe. Same concept though.

Is this another version of www.dvds4delegates.com?

MRoCkEd
08-03-2008, 01:10 PM
how many delegates have recieved them

akalucas
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
bump