PDA

View Full Version : Guys, how much will all this "Buy the Manifesto for..." cost?

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 12:25 AM
All of the ideas are great, but we have to (unlike certain Democratic candidates) consider how much these things will cost.

534 for members of Congress (no need to send Dr. Paul one :D) - $6,167.70
For that I used the Amazon.com price ($11.55). I don't know how much shipping would be, but I'm sure we could get a discount for buying in bulk.

1,331 McCainiac Delegates (source - CNN (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#val=R)) - $15,373.05 + shipping.

4,610 RNC delegates and alternates - $53,245.50 + shipping.

267 Huckabee delegates and 255 Romney delegates (522 total) - $6,029.10 + shipping.

Anything I missed? Do you know how much shipping will cost? When should we have the money by?

Austin
05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
The book is 11.2 ounces.. Realistically speaking, I don't see it ever costing over $20 per book shipped to it's target. The idea is to get as local as possible, so with myself being in the 3rd District of Indiana, I would send it to the congressman of my district. From there we get more local.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
We are working it so it is more of an independent effort. Each person who helps with the effort will help with the costs since they will be buying and shipping however many copies they want.

This effort is also good for any groups who might already have a large amount of the manifesto already and need a place to send them.

Overall it could be expensive but if 534 ron paul supporters sent one book to congress then it would be paid for and then if another 1331 supporters sent one to each delegate then it would be paid for as well.

I think if we look at the overall numbers of the supporters versus the amount needed we might be able to accomplish more.

I am going to do the hosting, pay for the domain name, run the site and admin it + buy and ship 10 books tracked to get things started. I do believe there will be many more just like me who can easily buy and ship 10 books as well. Its all a numbers game indeed.

We get 100 to buy and ship 10 books = 1,000 books shipped
We get 250 to buy and ship 10 books = 2,500 books shipped

It can really add up especially as time goes by.

MelissaWV
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Please remember that many people ordered their own book from Amazon, then discovered they needed to buy "something else" to get free shipping. Many bought a spare copy to donate or give away.

Austin
05-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I don't know if every state has this, but someone in my Meetup is an official regional distributor of the book, and it is only $14.00 including tax, with some of the money going toward the campaign/delegate fees. Everyone should check their Meetups or contact the Official Campaign to see if a similar option is available.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 12:42 AM
All of the ideas are great, but we have to (unlike certain Democratic candidates) consider how much these things will cost.

For that I used the Amazon.com price ($11.55). I don't know how much shipping would be, but I'm sure we could get a discount for buying in bulk.

1,331 McCainiac Delegates (source - CNN (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#val=R)) - $15,373.05 + shipping.

Anything I missed? Do you know how much shipping will cost? When should we have the money by?

Shipping from Amazon is free when its over $25 for a purchase... :D
I dunno if thats for the one purchase though, and if we'd send them out seperately it costs more, or you have to pay for shipping..

Alternatively, order the 1400 whatever books to one place.. say Austin, Texas meetup group.. they all snow up, take a book and organize and send it to the proper delegate.. OR, send it too the states leading meetup organizer... who then gets it too the proper McCain delegates...

berrybunches
05-07-2008, 12:46 AM
It won't cost nearly as much as the 1 Million dollar Blimp and will be 1 Million times more influential too.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 12:51 AM
It won't cost nearly as much as the 1 Million dollar Blimp and will be 1 Million times more influential too.

agreed

here are my thoughts on some domain names, let me know so I can snag one up

manifestomail.com

revolutionarymail.com

revolutionbymail.com

also any other domain name ideas, send them my way so I can get one bought and ready for the design and script portion of this effort.

I like revolutionarymail.com myself, anyone else have thoughts on this?

RonPaulVolunteer
05-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Someone just needs to get a PRIME account on Amazon, costs $70, and then ALL shipping is free, even 2-day shipping.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Someone just needs to get a PRIME account on Amazon, costs $70, and then ALL shipping is free, even 2-day shipping.

Even over seas?!!!! Forever?!!!

FFS, because if so I could have saved like... $300ish on shipping.. :mad:

The Avatar of Time
05-07-2008, 01:39 AM

That is a rather good idea. Does everyone then sign in with that account on their own and buy the books or would we all send money to the person that has the account and he/she could buy all the books?

Also, newyearsrevolution08: I like revolutionbymail.com the best I think but revolutionarymail.com is good as well.

When do all the books need delivered by?

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 01:45 AM
That is a rather good idea. Does everyone then sign in with that account on their own and buy the books or would we all send money to the person that has the account and he/she could buy all the books?

Also, newyearsrevolution08: I like revolutionbymail.com the best I think but revolutionarymail.com is good as well.

When do all the books need delivered by?

I bought the revolutionbymail.com site which does sound great.

The books will be delivered as people decide to want to buy and ship them. This will not be a time limited effort BUT of course should be done sooner rather then later. The point of it is to allow people to buy and ship the book with a personal note that MIGHT impact the person on the receiving end. This could take us 1 month to get done OR 6 months to a year. It really depends on how fast it catches on and how many people take part.

I am promising to do 10 books every 3 months myself which is 40 books a year. I do hope this effort continues year after year so a time limit would reduce the impact this might have.

Until we get our nation back I think this effort should continue. Once we send to all of congress we could then ship to senators as well as others who "hold power'. Others also had the idea of shipping to active duty military which is a great ideas as well which can be added as well.

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
The book is 11.2 ounces.. Realistically speaking, I don't see it ever costing over $20 per book shipped to it's target. The idea is to get as local as possible, so with myself being in the 3rd District of Indiana, I would send it to the congressman of my district. From there we get more local.

How can we guarantee the book actually got to the Congressman/woman or Senator?

Austin
05-07-2008, 02:14 AM
How can we guarantee the book actually got to the Congressman/woman or Senator?

Yeah, this is probably the biggest problem. It could be that the secretary tells him/her about the package, and he just says throw it out.. Who knows.

However, usually when you write your congressman/congresswoman, they do respond. Perhaps in the letter that goes along with the book, you could request a letter back.

newyearsrevolution08
05-07-2008, 02:39 AM
asking for a response in each of the personalized letters is a great idea. We need to continue getting great ideas to help with the personalized letters as well. Maybe a template to start with for some who might not be great writers but then add a bit of their own thoughts into it as well.

Getting a response would also be a great thing to add to the site, for instance if you get a response from a congressman you could post that on the site for others to read about as well. It could really help build morale as well.

Conza88
05-07-2008, 02:46 AM

OK: QUESTION.

How much would it cost to send one to all NON-McCain & NON-Ron Paul supporters...

The Huckabee & Romney crowd.. they still have SOME sense left in them.

If we get them all, whats the numbers / cost look like? !!!

Added Message:

Make it personalised, hand written if possible.
Why you are sending it (avoid detail) - "I love my country. I hope you do too", "I don't like the direction our great country is heading",
"Your country needs you." Kind Regards, "Patriot".

Ninja Homer
05-07-2008, 08:14 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133277

Total numbers for the RNC are 2380 delegates, and 2230 alternates.

How about sending them to state government? Governors?

After the Republicans and Democrats both have had their national conventions, we should send a bunch of copies to each winning nominee's campaign. One of the 2 will probably end up as POTUS, so if we can get them to read the Manifesto, maybe they'll actually start understanding and believing in Ron Paul's positions.

robert4rp08
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
How about you contact Ron Paul and the publisher with this idea and see if a bulk discount can be had? Or even better, see if they would support the digitization and distribution of 2,000 PDFs of the book for a small fee.

Spending 1) $6k+ to send a book to people that have ignored Ron Paul for 20 years and 2) $15k+ to send a book to people that support neoconservative ideas and the party line seems pretty futile and wasteful to me.

Matt Davidson
05-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I think we can get some of our people in DC to hand-deliver these to congress. That would save on shipping. If we're going to do that, I'd recommend getting the books straight from the distributor warehouse. The only problem with that is that those books wouldn't count toward the NYT best-seller calculations. I did this for Pat Buchanan for his Death of the West book.

Matt

constituent
05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
agreed

here are my thoughts on some domain names, let me know so I can snag one up

manifestomailers.com

changes in bold

constituent
05-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, this is probably the biggest problem. It could be that the secretary tells him/her about the package, and he just says throw it out.. Who knows.

However, usually when you write your congressman/congresswoman, they do respond. Perhaps in the letter that goes along with the book, you could request a letter back.

FTW!!!!!!!1

Magicman
05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
It's essential we send these books to national delegates above ALL else! That is the ticket for Ron to win.

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Changed the first post to include the 4,610 total RNC delegates and alternates.

Along with the "Gang of 535," should we send one to Pelosi, too? :D

Conza88
05-07-2008, 07:15 PM
OK: QUESTION.

How much would it cost to send one to all NON-McCain & NON-Ron Paul supporters...

The Huckabee & Romney crowd.. they still have SOME sense left in them.

If we get them all, whats the numbers / cost look like? !!!

Added Message:

Make it personalised, hand written if possible.
Why you are sending it (avoid detail) - "I love my country. I hope you do too", "I don't like the direction our great country is heading",
"Your country needs you." Kind Regards, "Patriot".

Someone answer it.

Sending it too the DELEGATES, IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!

Knightskye
05-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Someone answer it.

Sending it too the DELEGATES, IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!

Conza, check out the first post. I included the delegates in there - the ones who'll actually be attending the national convention.

Wait, the 267 for Huckabee and the 255 for Romney? $6,029.10 + shipping. That doesn't seem like a wise investment, though. ;)

BIG_J
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Hmm...Lets think big...a copy for every American sent striaght to thier door just like in V for Vendetta when a mask was sent to everyone in UK??? ha ha!

LibertyIn08
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Even at $1 per copy, much more than 300 million.

Knightskye
05-09-2008, 02:22 AM
:cool:

Conza88
05-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Conza, check out the first post. I included the delegates in there - the ones who'll actually be attending the national convention.

Wait, the 267 for Huckabee and the 255 for Romney? $6,029.10 + shipping. That doesn't seem like a wise investment, though. ;)

267 for Huckabee and the 255 for Romney? - $6,029.10 + shipping.
534 for members of Congress - $6,167.70

Realllly.... which one is a wise investment. Anyone want to know in an answer here?

Option A) Continue to change the GOP, GO for the WIN

Option B) Send a copy to those already in power, who've pissed on the constitution for decades whilst listening to Ron Paul make the fight for 30 years. Day in day out. He's spoke to them first hand.. probably tried to convince them... Nope, power is their interest. I support sending them a book, hey even all their personal... EVERYONE in Washington >.<

Delegates first but.

LibertyEagle
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Has anyone tried contacting the publisher about a drastically-reduced bulk rate for this book? If Ron wants this thing distributed, we really should be able to get it pretty cheaply for distribution. Worth checking...

kathy88
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Some thoughts.

I have free second day shipping. I order a LOT of books from Amazon.

Secondly, I think they should be hand delivered. Just in my hometown I have one state representative and one Senator's office. I travel to 6 other counties for work.

Third. The Dem delegates should get a copy too. There HAVE to be some disenfranchised delegates who have had the shit of the pissing contest going on.

Conza88
05-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Some thoughts.

I have free second day shipping. I order a LOT of books from Amazon.

Secondly, I think they should be hand delivered. Just in my hometown I have one state representative and one Senator's office. I travel to 6 other counties for work.

Third. The Dem delegates should get a copy too. There HAVE to be some disenfranchised delegates who have had the shit of the pissing contest going on.

Hmmm dems are worth considering!
They are smart enough to realise Bush and the neocons are douche bags.. but they don't see the solution.

Conza88
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
267 for Huckabee and the 255 for Romney? - $6,029.10 + shipping.
534 for members of Congress - $6,167.70

Realllly.... which one is a wise investment. Anyone want to know in an answer here?

Option A) Continue to change the GOP, GO for the WIN

Option B) Send a copy to those already in power, who've pissed on the constitution for decades whilst listening to Ron Paul make the fight for 30 years. Day in day out. He's spoke to them first hand.. probably tried to convince them... Nope, power is their interest. I support sending them a book, hey even all their personal... EVERYONE in Washington >.<

Delegates first but.

Could you manage to put those numbers in your first post?
I'll be linking too it. :) Thx

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Has anyone tried contacting the publisher about a drastically-reduced bulk rate for this book? If Ron wants this thing distributed, we really should be able to get it pretty cheaply for distribution. Worth checking...

I am in contact with them now however that is if that is the route needed to go. I think if Ron wants to get it distributed it would be after the election (not sure if he can push his book as an election tool or be apart of an effort like this).

We can do this a few ways which all have been discussed in this topics stickied thread which is also linked to in my signature.

Alot of people won't hand deliver and getting them shipped is just easier. Some can hand deliver them HOWEVER what we want to accomplish is "tracking" to confirm those that have been shipped and those that have not.

We know everyone opens a priority mailer and doesn't just throw those away.

People can also just hand the books out as well, this project however is about "tracking" them as well which will CONFIRM that they got the message. They then can decide to either throw it out, read it or give it away.

I am hoping that in all 3 of the above scenarios someone else is able to pick up the copy, read it and then see the stamp that has the revolutionbymail.com url on it and then buys copies and repeats the process to other delegates and so forth.

I am going to be buying bulk supplies of these anyways since we are going to be doing the Revolution Book Club after the fact and want to get those established across the nation and all interacting with each other.

That effort will odds are generate thousands of book sales a month which is something that could really help this revolution catch on nationwide by the next election cycle.

We need to push hard, locate solid candidates and get ready to take back the nation.

Dorfsmith
05-10-2008, 09:50 AM
This is a great thread. I think I'm going to get some copies for a few select people in my local government and personally drop them off at their offices. I'd drop one off at Congressman Rick Renzi's office but I don't even think he works up here anymore since he's being investigated :rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Exactly whether in person, dropped off or mailed AS LONG AS it gets to them that is all that matters. Now on the site Revoluion By Mail that will allow for the "confirmed shipped" books BUT many will odds are ship to delegates, senators and whoever else they want with or without it being shipped.

This effort has already started before the website had even had the time to open up WHICH proves that this revolution is just getting started.

MRoCkEd
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
can't wait to see the site
if I have time maybe I can make a youtube video for it or something

newyearsrevolution08
05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
can't wait to see the site
if I have time maybe I can make a youtube video for it or something

It will be a barebones setup at first BUT like any venture I get involved in it will build upon itself in no time so I am not too worried.

I think a design will end up presenting itself once the site takes off and people get involved in the effort itself then odds are I will have people sending in templates or design ideas daily.

Youtube videos and video posters will be key in this effort as well as wonderful myspace and forums. I have my old money bomb site that I setup that still gets a ton of traffic that I will be redirecting to the Revolution By Mail site as well.

kigol
05-10-2008, 02:13 PM
:)

Knightskye
05-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Could you manage to put those numbers in your first post?
I'll be linking too it. :) Thx

Done. :D

Knightskye
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
:cool:Bumped

fr33domfightr
05-12-2008, 02:17 AM
I have an idea for the book revolution. Let's agree to start with the U.S. Congress and Senate.

Someone send an email or call Amazon about sending 534 books to Washington D.C.

Tell them what your idea is, that you want to send them to each legislator. They may already have a mechanism to deliver all 534 books, or can ship/deliver them to common areas of the House and Senate. They should be able to give you info on price and delivery options at that time. That will give you a price goal for a Chipin. As information is sent and/or recieved, post it so people know everything is transparent.

On the day of delivery, have people call their representatives and senators and tell them the books are ready for pickup at such-and-such place. As word spreads about the free load of books, it will cause a BUZZ in both chambers. The legislators will start talking...running to get their FREE copy...the buzz will be on. Loads of reps will be streaming toward the pickup point to get their books. They'll actually be quite surprised!

That's what I'd like to see.

If you insist on some letter you wish to create, why not write it up and have Amazon stick it on all the book boxes. Or if you insist, either get Amazon to insert a copy in each book, or get the local meetups help handout books and letters as reps come to get them.

Don't make this any harder than it has to be. Just do it.

Once this gets done, we can talk about delegates. That will be harder as they're spread out and they'll each have a different address.

FF

Conza88
05-12-2008, 02:49 AM
I have an idea for the book revolution. Let's agree to start with the U.S. Congress and Senate.

Someone send an email or call Amazon about sending 534 books to Washington D.C.

Tell them what your idea is, that you want to send them to each legislator. They may already have a mechanism to deliver all 534 books, or can ship/deliver them to common areas of the House and Senate. They should be able to give you info on price and delivery options at that time. That will give you a price goal for a Chipin. As information is sent and/or recieved, post it so people know everything is transparent.

On the day of delivery, have people call their representatives and senators and tell them the books are ready for pickup at such-and-such place. As word spreads about the free load of books, it will cause a BUZZ in both chambers. The legislators will start talking...running to get their FREE copy...the buzz will be on. Loads of reps will be streaming toward the pickup point to get their books. They'll actually be quite surprised!

That's what I'd like to see.

If you insist on some letter you wish to create, why not write it up and have Amazon stick it on all the book boxes. Or if you insist, either get Amazon to insert a copy in each book, or get the local meetups help handout books and letters as reps come to get them.

Don't make this any harder than it has to be. Just do it.

Once this gets done, we can talk about delegates. That will be harder as they're spread out and they'll each have a different address.

FF

Welcome to the boards! :D GREAT first post.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136654

& Then there is a link to projects that are underway. :) Chip in

Knightskye
05-12-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

That has the addresses for Senators. Seems like they're either all in the same place or near each other. Seems like all we'd have to do is order 100 of them and get a certified mail thing for each one to prove they got there.

fr33domfightr
05-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome and info.

Here's the map link for the buildings:

http://www.aoc.gov/cc/cc_map.cfm

They're all right next to each other practically.

FF