PDA

View Full Version : The Republican Party and BJ Lawson

Gadsden Flag
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Here's a quick question...

A few months back, I found on YouTube an old campaign ad for one of Ron Paul's congressional runs. I can't find it now or I'd post a link. It had an endorsement in it from nobel economist Milton Friedman--Has anyone else seen what I'm talking about?

Anyway, he is talking about when he ran for congress before. (this is in '98 and he's talking about 96, or it's 96 and he's talkinga bout the first time he was elected).

Here's the important part: He says that the Republican Party gave a ton of money to his opponent in the primary, and after that in the election against the Democrat they didn't help him at all.

I guess typically the RNC will give you campaign money or volunteers, but they barely helped RP at all [or at least that's what I remember from the ad].

If this is true, then for Lawson's campaign our grassroots work is not nearly done.

yongrel
05-07-2008, 06:38 AM
I think this year could be different. Since the GOP is looking at a dismal election year anyway, they might look to salvage it by dethroning Price. There is definitely the possibility that Lawsonw ill receive at least a measure of GOP support.

vegetarianrpfan
05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Ron Paul was a bit different that year, because he was going against the GOP incumbent (who had just switched from the Democrats a year before). BJ will be going against an entrenched Democrat who would be a real prize for the GOP in a year where many expect them to lose.

While McCain has had problems fundraising, I belive the RNC has a LOT more cash on hand than the DNC at this point.

Gadsden Flag
05-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Uh oh... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136671)