PDA

View Full Version : What we're up against...

Sal Collaziano
05-26-2007, 02:13 AM
First of all, I have to say - I'm 35 years old and this is the first time I'm actually excited and/or interested about a politician. I've never voted before. I had not a single care about who won the election. I don't care about voting for the lesser of the evils. If I don't like anyone, I don't vote. It doesn't matter to me.

However, Ron Paul has caught my attention. And I'm quickly realizing that everybody I talk to is thinking the same thing. Everybody seems to like Ron Paul. I'm looking all over the internet at blogs, websites, forums - you name it - and I've NEVER seen anything like this before...

Positive comment after positive comment after positive comment! Until now, I've ALWAYS seen a few people enter a discussion saying something negative about what people are talking about. You know - the guy who has to piss in the wheaties.. But I'm not seeing that here. I'm not seeing "that guy" come in and start saying bad things just to get the crowd riled up. The "troll". Where are the trolls? Can it be that people are liking Ron Paul so over-whelmingly that even the trolls have been distracted and are going with the flow instead of against it?

This evening I started telling my Mother about Ron Paul. She'd never heard of him. She watches the news but I suppose the controlled media hasn't allowed her to learn of him. She'll be doing research and talking with the rest of my family. Hopefully they'll all do the same and spread the word.

Until tonight, my Mother was believing what the controlled media has programed her to believe. That terrorists hate our "freedom". I was shocked that she believed that nonsense. I explained to her that the terrorists who hate us simply want us out of their business.

She was under the impression that if we were to pull out of the middle east, they'd eventually become strong enough to challenge the world. Again, I was shocked that the media had gotten to her.

The media would have us believe that if it were not for the United States policing the world, the entire world would collapse.. She asked why when President Bush asked for other countries to help us out in our war against terror - countries like Japan, China, Germany, Russia, etcetera didnt answer our call. I had to explain to her that THOSE COUNTRIES had no reason to believe we should BE at war! Of course they weren't going to help us. They KNEW it was B.S. all the long!

The media has our people believing that we need to police the world. WHAT IF the United States took ALL it's military out of the Middle East? What would happen? Is everybody going to gang-up on Israel and destroy it? These people are constantly at war with themselves. They're simply going to blow each other up and destroy their own countries...

BUT WHAT IF?! WHAT IF they decided to put all their religious beliefs aside and become one strong nation? What if they, as one, decided to take on the world? The media would have us believe that if the United States didn't get involved, the world would come to an end...

Have you seen North Korea's army? Do you think China would just stand there, drop their weapons and lie down for the Middle East? Would Japan? Germany? How is it that Joe Six Pack (beer) and Sally Soccer Mom believe that the U.S. is the ONLY country capable of holding back the Middle East from taking over the world?! Or that we'd be the ONLY ones brave enough to fight?!

THIS is what we're up against. We're up against a media that's having us believe that WE must police the world - and that Ron Paul is absolutely CRAZY to want to remove our military from placed like the Middle East.

We're up against a media that's having us believe Rudy Giuliani NEVER HEARD of ANYTHING like Blowback being "A" reason for 9/11. What does he think we're a country full of F'n FOOLS?! Blowback has NEVER crossed your mind?! YOU'RE AN IDIOT, Mr. Giuliani! Either you're an IDIOT for never considering this or you're an IDIOT for thinking we believe you never considered it. An you're an ASS for insulting Ron Paul at the debate. And I BET there was Somebody holding up a "CHEER" sign when everbody cheered for this moron after making that ridiculous statement.

This is going to be a very difficult uphill battle. I really hope that I get the opportunity to vote for Ron Paul next year. I donated $50.00 to his campaign this afternoon and I plan on contributing throughout the year until I reach the maximum that I'm allowed to contribute. I really hope others will contribute, financially, what they can. Or, at the very least, spread the word about who he is.

</rant>

SeanEdwards
05-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Yes, they do think we're fools, and to be honest, that's not a very bad judgment.

I think what's different now is that a lot of people who became disgusted, that withdrew and stopped caring about the elections are being re-energized by Paul's message. I know that I didn't really care much about choosing between the democrats and republicans for both of the last presidential races.

It's different now though, because Paul is offering a real alternative. I also think that a lot of people are ready for a total break with the chest-thumping low-brow style of Bush. Paul has that persona of the kindly grandfather, the family doctor. He emanates a calm, intelligent, compassionate nature that is almost 180 degrees from Bush's cowboy act. I think a lot of the country is ready for a leader like that. And it certainly doesn't hurt that every time Paul opens his mouth truth and wisdom come pouring out.

There are trolls around, and if you keep looking long enough you'll come across a few of these deadenders who seem to think endless war is a good idea. But they are really standing out as dinosaurs at this point, and you can just feel the mood of the country turning away from them.

This is an exciting time for me. I feel like a witness to something historic, and I really think Paul has a good chance of winning. Maybe in a landslide. The country is crying out for a change. I think it's gonna happen this time.

Lois
05-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Good posts, guys. Thanks.:)

Eric B
05-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm a libertarian so it didn't take much to convert me to a GO PAUL GO kinda guy. I had a conversation with my mother who is a right wing Christian conservative. I just told here to look into Pual and used his stand on abortion to get her interest. That tactic seemed to work for her. She still is holding onto the pro-war propoganda but I'll straighten her out. You cannot deny the facts.

I think the point is that Ron Paul has something for everyone in this country and you can open their mind to the good Dr. by focusing on an issue that works for them. That's the universal appeal of Dr. Paul and that's why we have a shot at this.

Bryan
05-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the post, it is an uphill battle but we are making progress as Dr. Paul represents what so many people really want.

We've had a few trolls here but they can't support their position with facts and the members here have set the record straight and the accounts have been idle. For now trolls will have to resort to other tactics.

Sal Collaziano
05-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks, all.. Unfortunately, it's true - many of us (American Citizens) ARE fools. But we're not hopeless.. I think that if an election were held right now - on the internet - Ron Paul would win in a landslide. But, it's all about keeping him around until next November. That's our biggest challenge at this point.

It REALLY makes me VERY angry to think that it's not likely to happen. The powers that be are going to weed him out as quickly as they can. But if this happens - for God's sake, people - we have to speak out. I'm not saying we have to have RIOTS in the STREETS - but we NEED to speak-up!

I think that many of you are probably with me when I say that it's very unlikely we'll see Ron Paul as our next President. But that doesn't necessarily mean we've lost. When all is said and done - we have to think of a "Plan B" in regards to making a ruckus about the fact that we have a President that we don't want.

I don't always have the best way with words. I often has trouble explaining how I feel. So maybe somebody can help me out here. But what I'm saying is we REALLY need to do everything we can to get Ron Paul into office as "Plan A" and if that doesn't work, shift to "Plan B" - complain, complain, complain - never stop and do it very loudly...

MsDoodahs
05-26-2007, 11:49 AM
The powers that be are going to weed him out as quickly as they can. But if this happens - for God's sake, people - we have to speak out. I'm not saying we have to have RIOTS in the STREETS - but we NEED to speak-up!

I get what you're saying...

And for the record...

I'm not saying we DON'T have to have riots in the streets. :)

Sal Collaziano
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
I get what you're saying...

And for the record...

I'm not saying we DON'T have to have riots in the streets. :)
Thank you.. You have to think.. In our lifetime, we may NEVER have another opportunity to get a President like Ron Paul in office. This is do or die. This is our one chance to make a powerful impact for positive change. Failure is not an option. We cannot fail. Our lives and well-beings are at stake - and that of our children.

I'm doing my part as best as I can. Like I said above, I will donate the maximum over the next year or so. I will dedicate the back window of my Escalade ESV (you can't miss it!) to RonPaul2008.com to make people who are Unaware... Aware! I will continue to spread the word, feverishly (however, not looking like a fanatic) as best as I can.

I need to have a graphic made up. I think I'll have it in red, white and blue stating "Powerful Ideas for Positive Change" and beneath it "RonPaul2008.com". Any other ideas?

MsDoodahs
05-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, MAN, I love that slogan! :)

DrStrabismus
05-26-2007, 01:39 PM
consult the Slogan Factory thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=669&highlight=slogan+factory

JoshLowry
05-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I need to have a graphic made up. I think I'll have it in red, white and blue stating "Powerful Ideas for Positive Change" and beneath it "RonPaul2008.com". Any other ideas?

Take pics!

mesler
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks, all.. Unfortunately, it's true - many of us (American Citizens) ARE fools. But we're not hopeless.. I think that if an election were held right now - on the internet - Ron Paul would win in a landslide. But, it's all about keeping him around until next November. That's our biggest challenge at this point.

It REALLY makes me VERY angry to think that it's not likely to happen. The powers that be are going to weed him out as quickly as they can. But if this happens - for God's sake, people - we have to speak out. I'm not saying we have to have RIOTS in the STREETS - but we NEED to speak-up!

I think that many of you are probably with me when I say that it's very unlikely we'll see Ron Paul as our next President. But that doesn't necessarily mean we've lost. When all is said and done - we have to think of a "Plan B" in regards to making a ruckus about the fact that we have a President that we don't want.

I don't always have the best way with words. I often has trouble explaining how I feel. So maybe somebody can help me out here. But what I'm saying is we REALLY need to do everything we can to get Ron Paul into office as "Plan A" and if that doesn't work, shift to "Plan B" - complain, complain, complain - never stop and do it very loudly...

Sal,

I'm making CDs of the antiwar radio interview with Michael Scheuer and giving them to people. This man says in the interview that he has always voted Republican, but if Giuliani is the one, he simply won't vote. That's a powerful statement coming from a 20-year veteran of the CIA who headd the bin Laden unit. The entire interview is an endorsement of Paul.

Korey Kaczynski
05-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Positive comment after positive comment after positive comment! Until now, I've ALWAYS seen a few people enter a discussion saying something negative about what people are talking about. You know - the guy who has to piss in the wheaties.. But I'm not seeing that here. I'm not seeing "that guy" come in and start saying bad things just to get the crowd riled up. The "troll". Where are the trolls? Can it be that people are liking Ron Paul so over-whelmingly that even the trolls have been distracted and are going with the flow instead of against it?

Dude, you're spot on. I'm an internet troll -- I've created fake press releases about wikipedia being run by pedophiles, for example -- and I myself noticed that I'm not trolling Ron Paul supporters like I usually do. I listen to death metal quite a bit and still troll death metal groups, but with Dr. Paul it is totally different.

Sal Collaziano
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
RIP Chuck Schuldiner...

Otherwise, I've been away for awhile so I have lots of catching up to do. Sorry, all..